Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Team Tatu forum is shut down

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 22:26   #1
My Waking Hour

Team Tatu is shutting down?

What does this tell us?

<<--t.E.A.m. t.A.T.u. Announcement-->>
t.E.A.m. t.A.T.u. will be taking a break from regular emails and online activity. However, we want you to keep spreading the word about t.A.T.u. everywhere you can!

Last edited by spyretto; 07-08-2003 at 23:09.
Old 07-08-2003, 22:36   #2
Quality Control

..That tatugirls.com is actually fixing up there website... LoL
Old 07-08-2003, 22:36   #3
The Bunny Prince

Send a message via AIM to nasnedagoniat
I got an email, and this appeared on another forum too, and they all took it in a negative way, like they do every chance they get. I looked at it like everything is starting over again, with the Russian album coming out and then the English, I'm guessing the site will come back close to the time when the 2nd album is going to be dropped in the U.S. All with a new design fitting T.A.T.U.'s new image so we can start helping again. (I got so much free stuff from Interscope) Yay. Progress.

Last edited by nasnedagoniat; 07-08-2003 at 22:42.
Old 07-08-2003, 22:39   #4
My Waking Hour

So it's all for the best then??

Isn't tatugirls and teamtatu different? I thought so...

I don't think they're the same THEvolkovaADDICT
It just happens that there's a link on tatugirls.com :
Old 07-08-2003, 22:42   #5
a kind of fresh madness

I wouldn't take it seriously..

I see your point but I don't think it really tells us anything. I mean, the Russian Fan Club shut down ages ago and yet tATu still kept going.
I am becoming slightly worried about the future of the band. All the fans say that these stories of tensions between the girls and Lena's jealousy of Julia are nothing more than rumours and make-believe. I however subscribe to the saying "there's no smoke without fire". I wouldn't be at all surprised if tATu ceased to exist before 2003 is over.
But I don't think the fact that Team tATu has shut down has any real relevance. It's more-than-likely a simple case of not having enough members. I mean, do you know anyone who joined??

Edited to add: So has the entire Official Forum shut down or just the mailing-list thingy?? If the Official Forum is down then surely that can only be a good thing? That's the first place people will go to find out about the band and yet that site (or rather, the "fans" on it) hardly project a good image for the band!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 07-08-2003, 22:43   #6
My Waking Hour

Antitatu2 ( ) on the tatugirls forum predicted that they'll cease to exist by August. Could her premonition be true, after all?
Old 07-08-2003, 22:47   #7
Quality Control

It was started by tatugirls.com I think...Although like nasnedagoniat said..It was only set up to promote the English language album in America and seeing as the new album is dropping Sep/Oct whenever...I guess they don't really need to promote it much more as demand will be high for importing the new LP or what have you...

Was there a seperare link to it or something..? I always thought it was just part of tatugirls.com.
Old 07-08-2003, 22:48   #8
The Bunny Prince

Send a message via AIM to nasnedagoniat
I know many people that joined, everyone that was a part of Tatugirls when it first started joined. It was much fun helping TATU when they first came to the US. Team TATU used to be very active, there were many contest and I got lots of promo TATU merchandise directly from Interscope that would sell on Ebay for a fortune. The email said they were taking a vaction, not shutting down forever, it's not a fan club, its a way to help promote the artist, almost every US artist has a street team. And sometimes they startover when a new album is going to be released.

EDIT-addition: Unfortunately tatugirls.com and Team TATU are not the same thing and tatugirls is not shut down. (I kind wish it would). Team TaTu only had a pop up link at the tatugirls site. They don't work together in anyway. Spyretto, are you seriously going to listen to someone from the tatugirls site???

Last edited by nasnedagoniat; 07-08-2003 at 23:42.
Old 07-08-2003, 23:02   #9
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Spyretto, are you seriously going to listen to someone from the tatugirls site???
That was a bit of a joke actually.

I think I registered with Team t.a.t.u. a long time ago but never posted anything. But their forum is still active, am I right?

Quote:
It was only set up to promote the English language album in America and seeing as the new album is dropping Sep/Oct whenever...I guess they don't really need to promote it much more as demand will be high for importing the new LP or what have you...

No, I don't think it was a partition of tatugirls.com just to promote their album; it looks like a totally different site about Tatu to me. But then again you log on with the same username, hmm...

Edit: I saw some posts from users from that forum on different forums, saying they've just moved there, so could it be that the forum is also shut?

Last edited by spyretto; 08-08-2003 at 00:16.
Old 07-08-2003, 23:08   #10
Quality Control

Eh...okay.... Its not like I singed up there anyway...so its no skin off my teeth...
Old 07-08-2003, 23:25   #11
pie crust

Quote:
If the Official Forum is down then surely that can only be a good thing? That's the first place people will go to find out about the band and yet that site (or rather, the "fans" on it) hardly project a good image for the band!!
Oy! Then those fans will come here! *screams and rips hair out*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 08-08-2003, 00:05   #12
Harrumph.

queenbee, NOOOOOO, why did you go and say it?! It's Murphy's Law, now they'll come over our heads like a flock of goddamned biblical pests!

And this forum was so calm... ;_;
Old 08-08-2003, 00:12   #13
pie crust

*slowmotion* Noooooo! *falls of cliff* If they come here I swear I'm gonna.. do.. something! *goes nuts*

One day, I'll wake up, log onto Tatysite, put on some lipgloss, check the new posts and notice that people with nicknames like "HoTtlEzBiAnlUkIn4Luv" post questions like "OMG Tatu had sex on stage it said so in The Sun! Omg How could I miss it?! omg like sooo totally!"...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-08-2003, 00:14   #14
My Waking Hour

No, I think most of them will probably go to Tatu.us. Although, Tatysite.net appears 4th in the yahoo search while tatu.us 5th. hmmm
Old 08-08-2003, 00:16   #15

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Yeah, I'm part of that too. I got the mail. I started posting there, until onewinged turned me on to this site (thanks ). That forum is so backwards compared to this, that I haven't gone back. Long live tatysite!
Old 08-08-2003, 00:23   #16
ROCK FOR LIGHT

Don't worry about it... here's a situation where the strict moderating here will be a good thing. None of those non-sense posts will be tolerated.

As for the email, here it is:

August 6, 2003

Hi t.E.A.m. t.A.T.u. -

IMPORTANT t.E.A.m. t.A.T.u. ANNOUNCEMENT

I wanted to thank EACH AND EVERY ONE of you for all of your support and help with promoting t.A.T.u. and their album, 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane! It's been a fun and exciting ride, especially for those of you who've been with t.E.A.m. t.A.T.u. since the very beginning!

We are going on a well-deserved break for now so sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of your summer! You guys are an amazing group of fans and Julia and Lena really appreciate your support! I know you will all keep working hard to promote t.A.T.u. on the Internet since you've done such an INCREDIBLE job so far!

Please note that we will also be closing the t.E.A.m. t.A.T.u. site at the end of next week. Log in now to get all the tools and be sure to continue all of your friendships and conversation on the official t.A.T.u. board at www.tatugirls.com.

THANK YOU and keep up the good work!

Christina
tatu@mail.fanscape.com
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you
Old 08-08-2003, 01:03   #17
pie crust

Oy.. so are they taking a break or closing down completely? I should have been a member... *sighs*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-08-2003, 01:20   #18
ROCK FOR LIGHT

It's not really clear queenbee. It seems like there are different way you can interpret it. All it really says it they are "going on a well-deserved break." I guess we'll see.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you
Old 08-08-2003, 03:24   #19
Great to finally be back.

Send a message via AIM to Tranz
I also got the email from them....

its said they are taking a well deserved break for the rest of the summer, it didnt say they were just closing up shop all together and not reopening.
Old 09-08-2003, 15:05   #20
Echoes among the Stars

hmm...interesting and might be bad news, but then again, might not, who knows?

I think it's kind of funny how "taking a vacation" and "disbanding" seem to be synonymous lately
ReplyPost New Thread