Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

New Single: Lift Me Up

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 16:49   #1
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
New Single: Lift Me Up

She released her new single and video called Lift Me Up. It's a simple song and quite catchy but why make the video unlisted on Youtube? It's just shooting her own leg The band is also in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv57lxbquWQ
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21   #2
Chun ruk ter!

Cute simple video and cute song... but yeah I'm totally confused why the video is unlisted ????? if that was on purpose then whhhy, and if it wasn't on purpose then "awkwaaaard."
She is SO pretty in the video though.

I make a cameo appearance, starring as picture at 2:28 . Lena's hand is totally under my blurred face. awwww yah.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 05-10-2013, 11:58   #3
Son. Husband. Witch!

It's cute. YouTube uploads sometimes automatically unlist them (like with my own music videos previously) so it's up to the uploader to readjust the video.
Old 05-10-2013, 22:51   #4
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
The video was unlisted as it was exclusive for one website for first couple of days It's public now
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13   #5
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
The video was unlisted as it was exclusive for one website for first couple of days...
...and this makes sense to ...

Another uspopbosh, gets already boring during the first minute of listening. And then we have this great, excessively creative video - shooting Lena with the band pottering at the beach in front of this toilet bowl. Hey, we know that Americans can make really ugly buildings as well! We don't have to look at this time and again.

Longing for Renskij's no-sense videos which at least were original!
Old 06-10-2013, 22:29   #6
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
...and this makes sense to ...
Money for exclusive rights for couple of days I guess?

I like video. Plain and simple. Lena looks good. Song is okay'ish.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 07-10-2013, 21:24   #7
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
Money for exclusive rights for couple of days I guess?
Somebody is making quite a lot of money by linking exclusively to Lena's youtube video, who is perhaps the most wanted artist of the world, I see! Which makes then tatysite's link to it a linking right infringement, certainly a penal offence. Shock!
Old 08-10-2013, 17:37   #8
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
I was just doing a visit here and decided to see what is written.
I see that nothing has changed.
Always the same comments.
At least it's not the worth place to read. JuliaVolkova.com is more funny to read.

I can't stop laughing about people still thinking that t.A.T.u. was a real love story... Do they need to understand the concept of "marketing" or ?
I will of course not mention all the shit that was said about both solo careers.

The true fact is that Lena and Julia will always be a part of t.A.T.u. so nothing to worry about them singing their tatu songs in a show.

I did the European fan week end at Cologne. It was so awesome. Lena sang 21 songs on saturday night show and 15 at the acoustic show on sunday.
Not to mention the great time at the meet and greet and the fan meeting on sunday in which i won two recent magazines : Viva and Maxim.
I had the most beautiful week end in my life. I got my microphone signed and a girl even got the chance to sing Never Forget. So lucky girl ! She was so GREAT ! All the band were astonished.

As "Lift me up video", yes, it's not original... but what is the f****** problem in that ?
This is so catchy and fresh.
So cool to see that after Never Forget.

So happy the Rensky is out. The constantly speaking about the bad things in world is so boring...
Old 08-10-2013, 18:32   #9
Участник

Sorry just a bug.
Old 09-10-2013, 00:29   #10
Chun ruk ter!

yeh I had no expectations for the video. It's a very very cute simple video so I'm fine with it.

i-might-also-be-speaking-out-of-bias-since-lenas-hand-was-under-my-photo-hehehehe
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 09-10-2013, 20:56   #11
My Waking Hour

She looks so much different than her Tatu days, so skinny now - but her voice of course is still the same. The song is very forgettable - common, Lena, you can do better than that.
I think she's out of her comfort zone. Russian as she is she should sing something more emotional and dramatic.
Old 10-10-2013, 19:28   #12
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaudfrenchy View Post
I see that nothing has changed.
Always the same comments.
At least it's not the worth place to read.
Well, nothing in the ex-tatugirls' artistical life has changed as well. Still nothing that we can see as a step forward.
Quote:
As "Lift me up video", yes, it's not original... but what is the f****** problem in that ?
With one word - the past. She's just flirting with the old fans from the long gone past (in this video) or coquetting with the tatu past (as in 'Never Forget'). No sign of a new direction, just celebrating old times.

Add the completely failed beginning of the song: was she really yawning at the end of each phrase? Instead of developing tension, the song begins as a total attention killer - worst composing technique possible. Over time it gets better, but believe me - if it were not because of Lena, I would not have listened any further and missed an otherwise quite decent song (although with too much American primitivity).

The sad fact is that even hardly known local pop gals do a better job in that kind of music. They sound more natural in their own language, they have better, catchier songs and often a stronger voice. Then they can show off on every elections day, at Thanksgiving and the St.Benedicts day, because it's their home country. Miss Orange County can increasingly gather a fan community in her surrounding, a refugee of a dead Russian music scene can not.

With just snitching forgettable southwest coast mass ware there is no chance to establish herself as a serious pop project on that continent, Lena has to show some kind of uniqueness and originality to get attention, unless she wants to serve only the old tatufans until the last one of them gets extinct. She has the guts to frighten the people there with her Russian accent, why not comfort them with a Russian music accent? (Well I guess that's almost the argument of the poster before. Hi, Spy!)
Quote:
So happy the Rensky is out. The constantly speaking about the bad things in world is so boring...
My last information is that Boris still pays Lena's bills. Unless she is now serving fast food at Burger King

As a side note: because I've absolutely no life I read the comments on the youtube link of the video...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen Haostuff
Glad to see a new Christian artist emerge. I heard that's a Russian accent she has.
Ouuuuuuuch! That hurts! Lena is already stuffed into the post-menopause-gloriole-scrubber-brigade drawer!

Last edited by Argos; 10-10-2013 at 19:50.
Old 10-10-2013, 23:18   #13
Участник

Quote:
Well, nothing in the ex-tatugirls' artistical life has changed as well. Still nothing that we can see as a step forward.
She is doing music. If you want a total project like tatu, you can forget about it. Clearly. This is not the direction of the group.

Let's be clear about that.
She told it herself at the interview after the acoustic version in Cologne. She sings about what she feels.
She wanted to thank her fanbase in this video. And about what people could feel.
You lift me up is about friendship and people giving happiness to people. That can relate to everyone.
So yes, it's a pretty simple direction. No deep thinking, no 220 na Cebia etc....
There is a kind of music for that.
You just don't like it.

Quote:
Add the completely failed beginning of the song: was she really yawning at the end of each phrase?
?????

Quote:
They sound more natural in their own language, they have better, catchier songs and often a stronger voice.
A stronger voice ? mhhhh When i think about pop music in France i can assure that Lena is so much powerful.
Well i have stopped to trust youtube videos anyway.

Quote:
there is no chance to establish herself as a serious pop project on that continent, Lena has to show some kind of uniqueness and originality to get attention
Showing ass ? Adding autotune ?

Quote:
She has the guts to frighten the people there with her Russian accent, why not comfort them with a Russian music accent? (Well I guess that's almost the argument of the poster before. Hi, Spy!)
Lena doesn't write in Russian. She can't do it.

Ad for Spyretto argument :

"
She looks so much different than her Tatu days, so skinny now - but her voice of course is still the same. The song is very forgettable - common, Lena, you can do better than that.
I think she's out of her comfort zone. Russian as she is she should sing something more emotional and dramatic."

No, her voice is quite different. More powerful. I find Lady Gaga's shit much more forgetable...
She is REALLY comfortable. Much more than before
Then i told it, she doesn't write lyrics in Russian. BTW, there are other songs than Lift Me Up to have an opinion. Some songs are dramatic and emotional.

Quote:
As a side note: because I've absolutely no life I read the comments on the youtube link of the video...
Look at "RussianBlueUK" : Troll much.
I have seen a "I want Lena to..." : Since when does a true artist have to adapt to fans needs in music ? Selfish behaviour.
Not to mention people still thinking that she is in love with Yulia and that she married to Sash to be in the "right way"
Other thinking that her actual career is more fake than tatu. etc...

So Youtube :

But now yes, i want to believe well that the fact Lena is beautiful makes me want to think she is great in music. Of course, there is better music and better singers.

Oh and BTW, i will give a try to make Lena and the band doing a gig in my city.
Wish me luck.

Last edited by Arnaudfrenchy; 10-10-2013 at 23:34.
Old 11-10-2013, 20:00   #14
Martian Eyes

Quote:
She is doing music. If you want a total project like tatu, you can forget about it. Clearly. This is not the direction of the group.
From the moment Lena was announcing to go solo, there was already 'project'. My concern is - can she do it for a long time? If her career is just purling cosily along her growing age there will be some serious drying up of her money sources, rather sooner than later. So a clear definition of a project with image, attitude and artistical direction is not the worst idea. Just doing music is not enough, if you want to live from your 'destination'.
Quote:
So yes, it's a pretty simple direction. No deep thinking, no 220 na Cebia etc....
Oh, yes, I noticed "A-o-o-oo-oooo, A-o-o-oo-oooo"
Quote:
There is a kind of music for that.
You just don't like it.
You say it.
Quote:
A stronger voice ? mhhhh When i think about pop music in France i can assure that Lena is so much powerful.
What I have in mind is this typical bawling into the microphone, which American idols and their fans like so much, and which so much more suits to the "A-o-o-oo-oooo" s and the like.
Quote:
Showing ass ? Adding autotune ?
What has this to do with uniqueness and originality? Every Disney Club participant already does this. Bjoerk is uniqueness, Nina Hagen or Apocalyptica +++, all in their own kind, and best of all tatu: their uniqueness showed in the kind of music, the lyrics, the voices, the attitude, simply in everything. That was the deep foundation of their short success, not the scandals.
Quote:
Lena doesn't write in Russian. She can't do it.
Eh what? Of course she can, she learned it in primary school!
Quote:
BTW, there are other songs than Lift Me Up to have an opinion. Some songs are dramatic and emotional.
Yes, and they are way better, even those which are not exactly dramatic or emotional.
Quote:
Look at "RussianBlueUK" : Troll much.
So Youtube :
Ok, I picked somebody who (I believe) has no idea who Lena Katina is, not some of those obvious wackoes. Just showing how easily you are put in a pigeonhole where you don't really want to be seen (really?).
Quote:
Oh and BTW, i will give a try to make Lena and the band doing a gig in my city.
Wish me luck.
Then do it with my best wishes!
Old 11-10-2013, 21:34   #15
Участник

Quote:
Bjoerk is uniqueness, Nina Hagen or Apocalyptica +++
I like them too.
But i don't think Apocalyptica can be in the same wagon lol

Quote:
Eh what? Of course she can, she learned it in primary school!
I think you understand me. She doesn't know how to properly write in russian in music... Different countries, different ways to write.

Quote:
Yes, and they are way better, even those which are not exactly dramatic or emotional.
Agree on that.
Lift me up is not about quality music, it's just a cool song. The sound on the refrain is weird. Sound a bit like bzzzz

Quote:
Then do it with my best wishes!
And finally having the opportunity to sing with her
I missed it at Cologne
I shouldn't have asked her to, at the meet and greet

Last edited by Arnaudfrenchy; 11-10-2013 at 21:57.
Old 21-11-2013, 02:55   #16
Участник

So, she came to my country - Brasil, that is - recently and I had the opportunity to watch her perform and even met her in person!

First, because the atmosphere among us fans was amazing. Everyone was so pleased to get to be with her, she was very down to earth and made sure every single person got the attention they deserved as fans. She was a sweetie! And she was very natural. There are lots of photos `round Katination, you guys must have checked it out already.

Second, Lena kicked arse on the stage! Full energy, brave vocals and great fun. She was very happy all the time and was very surprised when we lift balloons during LMU towards her.

I must also say how polite and fun Sven was! Some friends of mine got to dine with Lena and Sven and they were absolutely amazing. It feels like a dream to me and even to them, who got to actually live it.

The nice thing about Lena is that she`s not trying to push it. She knows who she is and she`s not trying to be what she`s not. She`s experimenting with her creativity. I know there are MANY people who are not happy about it, I can read it here (when you guys write, of course, since this forum is mostly dead when it comes to actual t.A.T.u. stuff) and many other places `round the web, but I can happily say there are people who appreciate this “nude” version of Lenka. Even though it`s not top-notch stuff (when it comes to the critic of it, to put it that was), it is fun, fresh and quality stuff -- and Lena can totally bring it to the stage as she is now.

I`m excited for the future. Even though I do agree LMU was not the best choice for a single, when I realized how proud Lena is of her song - like it was her baby - and how happy it makes her, I became quite a fan. I hope for the best and I’m sure it`s coming! She announced Dave Audé is involved on a remix of the song, like he did for Never Forget.

She did a few interviews and even photoshoots for magazines... She went places and was all over the media!

That`s it! I`m happy I got to live it and I couldn`t expect more from her. Such a growth from t.A.T.u. times, finally testified live.
Old 17-01-2014, 19:47   #17
Участник

Remixes for "Lift Me Up" has been digitally delivered in the USA, including a spanish remix version!

Dave Audé Club Remix 5:54
Dave Audé Club Remix (Spanish) 5:53
Dave Audé Club Instrumental 5:53
Dave Audé Club Instrumental (Spanish) 5:53
Dave Audé Radio Mix 3:47
Dave Audé Radio Mix (Spanish) 3:46
Kizzo Club Remix 4:46
Kizzo Radio Mix 3:28
Nacho Chapado & Ivan Gomez Club Remix 5:26
Nacho Chapado & Ivan Gomez Instrumental Remix 5:26
Nacho Chapado & Ivan Gomez Dub Remix 5:12
Nacho Chapado & Ivan Gomez Radio Mix 3:22