Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2005

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-03-2005, 00:31   #61
My Waking Hour

I played four songs to a friend of mine right now...Greece, Spain, Slovenia, and Swiss

She said: Greece is the best one of those...then I think Spain, then Slovenia and then Swiss. I don't think I'm in a position to say anything about anything now. my musical tastes are shit after all. I feel like deleting that post too...

So Greece will win ESC 05, I guess...

Thanks for the link.

So who wins ESC '05?
Old 24-03-2005, 01:04   #62
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
It's hard to say who wins the thing. U see, ur friend heard just 4 songs and viewers will see 40. There's a great difference. U should play ur friend Greece, Cyprus, Belorus, Lithuania, Romania and so on together as they represent same style. 4 songs u've chosen are completely different so ur friend was choosing the style more than the song.

Greece got a very good draw this year.. very good one. And the 'proper Esc singer' as well.. and 'proper Esc song'. Plus support of many fans that believe Antique was robbed couple of years ago. The chances are high.. really high.

But UK is in competition too. Being number 2 to perform isnt that bad especially if the song that takes spot number 1 is a weaker one. UK is Turkey in 2003 and they won as far as u remember.

Moldova is Ukraine 2004 I'd say. It will be some powerful west-european performance. Can do well.

Swistonians u like so much have chances too. They are quite known in many european countries and they asked their german fans to vote their friend Gracia in German NF.. she won. Who knows how strong their support is especially with a song that isn't bad at all.

Spain.. Asereje was huge. Besodes this song reminds one that won Junior ESC last year.. can do, really can.

Or may be it will be one of the ballads for a change. Then I'd say Slovenia or Malta.

We have to wait and see... some strong songs can fail to go to final due to neighbourhood voting and voting against favourites. But ones that will go through will be very dangerous. Their songs will be heard twice, dont forget. Last years Top 3 came from Semis.. can happen to be some tendency.
Old 24-03-2005, 01:12   #63
Bitchka

Ok, i admit i havent read all... but thanks for the link sunnich...

am watching greece right now... and What the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahk?!? Total chalga - and Bulgaria did NOT go for a chalga song.... what is wrong with US?!?!? that Kaffe is soooooooooooooooooooooo boring!

ok, ill listen/watch more choices now...

spy, you want me to restore your LONG post?

spy at 1:06 at the greek video.. .is this TYPICAL greek? because i can swear my life its Bulgarian LoL ... i guess those folkish motifs are Balkanian.. and its hard to determin whats what?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-03-2005, 01:19   #64
My Waking Hour

I hope the song that wins has my approval as well I was totally ok with Ukraine last year and Turkey the year before , both were in my top 5 ( Turkey 4, Ukraine 2 ).
I'll have major issues if something like Greece wins it, cause I really don't like the song, it's just another Shake It. Actually I think it's even worse than shake it, considering.

Repetition help, if you bring over a similar song, sung by someone who 3-4 years ago came 3rd, then people are susceptible more and more.

But yeah I agree Antique were "robbed" a few years ago.

Well, is it typical Greek? i'm sure you're referring to the verses not the chorus. That I do not know. The lyres are Greek though

It's not Wild Dances, that's for sure
Old 24-03-2005, 01:22   #65
Bitchka

ah ha, the 80s are BACK! watching Norway ... its actually just as good as any 80s glam rock song lol

emm, i was reffering the the folkish melody.. the 'ass-shaking' part.. not the lyrics

Ok, i am watching the bulgarian one now .. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .... not only the song.. but could those people be any more STIFF on the stage... move moooooooooooooooove!
yeah, and empty hall(bg mentality at its BEST ... people putting their jackets on and LEAVING as those are starting their winning performance!) with people booing them while they perform... ha ha... oh yeah, and the guy CANNOT sing! ha!

awwwwww, the Slovene is such a cute gay boy ... at least he can sing... maybe Kaffee should ask him for some lessons!

ummm, sweden// swissssssss cheeeeeeeeeeeese lol.. i mean sweeeeeedish cheeeeeeeeeeese
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 24-03-2005 at 01:34.
Old 24-03-2005, 01:53   #66
ex-sunnich

MALTA Chaira... this huge lady is hard to miss and she came 3rd few years ago. Many think it's not fair. Simple, easy-to-remeber-as-u-can-swear-u-heard-it-before ballad.

CYPRUS - Constantinus or whoever u spell that. Third attempt at Eurovision. Tarkan look, Sakis action and song that's so balkan and up-tempo that ppl can sing it along as they heard such stuff many times before. Ela Ela.. not so hard to remember.

ICELAND - Selma. Second attempt. Many call her a diva. Most bets in semi are on her this year. She's as over-rated as possible. She was 'robbed' as well. Besides .. Toxic.. who can resist. And song that wins semi can win whole thing easily.

GREECE - Helena. Well I said all above. Performing one of the last... uff... win is very close.

These are come backs and artists who are well-known at ESC already. Now add songs-u-heard-before.. like UK-turkish stuff, Ireland and some other. Add The fact Greece and Swistonia are known in Europe and have fans... add some crazy new-comers that will either bomb or win with hands down.. and u'll get some tough competition this year lol
Old 24-03-2005, 02:06   #67
My Waking Hour

oh yeah those lyres are Greek by the way ( Crete ) The more aggressive ones have their origin in Asia Minor

haha, so far we have EXACTLY the same opinions.
What do you think of the Turkish song

What's the difference between the UK, Greece, Cyprus,

and then Iceland, Belarus, Lithuania etc.

They're all similar.

Why, would for example if Belarus is to win why not Lithuania...and if Greece then why not the UK? Or even Turkey? ok, no chance, but their song is less ordinary...
Questions, questions.

yeah Malta, Cyprus, Iceland and Greece are all deja vu. That's why none of those should win. There's no song among those that stands apart from the rest, though the gay Belarus song may stand a chance if the performance is hot? But seriously, how many times can you listen to a weak song?

That's why I instantly singled out Switzerland and Slovenia which are different.

sunny, Constantinos has NO chance whatsoever. I guarantee that :d
Old 24-03-2005, 02:24   #68
ex-sunnich

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto

sunny, Constantinos has NO chance whatsoever. I guarantee that :d
U'll personally give him 12 points :P i Mean ur country. Wanna bet ? =)

Don't forget that it won't be u to choose songs... it will be ESC fans that have specific taste in music. And u dont have to have a good song to win ESC, not the one that ppl can listen to again and again. It must be liked only once.. from the first-second hearing =)

Belarus.. uff.. it wont win coz it just wont win. Singer herself is not doing any good to the song lol and she got some publicity that's not positive at all. But one of 'same' songs can win.

Greece coz performed last of all with a well-known singer who knows how to act like a star on the stage. Many can buy it.
Uk coz Beyonce is quite popular, song is turkish and modern enough and she always can repeat that 'nipple-out' trick she did at the UK final

And deja vu's can win. Those artists have enourmous support and that 'robbed' fame. Besides their songs arent worst in 2005. There are many waay waay worse lol

I like Cool Vibes.. I like Stop.. I kinda like France in non-eurovision way.. I adore Moldova guys for their previous songs and this heavy folk-sound. Those are close to my taste. But they just dont shout 'winner' you know. Song must be crappy enough to win.
I dont say those songs stand no chance tho:
Slovenia is fan's fav.. most ppl have it in their top 5. And the guy is cute.. with a shirt on.
Swistonia is famous, almost good-looking, young and they have good song that many ppl like as well.
Moldova.. they are either fanatically loved or hated. Wich is never bad. Great show and good live performance expected.
France.. they just perform last and the singer is cute.

Almost everyone can win this lol And u must keep political aspect in consideration as well.

So far for me best chances are: Greece, UK, Iceland and one of the ballads... either Slovenia or Malta. (And only Slovenia fits my personal taste).
Old 24-03-2005, 02:38   #69
My Waking Hour

Slovenia, Swistonia, as you said. If I were to choose an oriental type of song I'd choose Turkey. If I were to pick an Abbaesque pop song I'd pick Lithuania. Personal tastes.

I also singled out Moldova and Norway. you see, cool liked it. My friend who picked Spanish is Spanish-speaking. So she was a bit biased
The Spanish song sucks. Nothing against silly songs, this one is not very good.

Cyprus won't win simply coz deja vu can't happen in back to back years ( unless you're Irish in the 80s ) and Greece has a better song than Cyprus this year.

I mean, do you sense there are two opposing camps here or is it just me? I'd even add Russia for the sake of it - though I don't like the song - and make a plea for the "heavier" songs ( if that can be said about a ESC )

At least we know which ones are NOT going to win: Sweden, Denmark, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Serbia, Ireland, Poland, Romania...there are loads.

and CYPRUS is a personal bet of a no-no I'll make it my personal aim in life that Cyprus and Greece get smacked beyond reason
Old 24-03-2005, 03:01   #70
ex-sunnich

Turkey's final version sounds a bit too indian to win. Such songs just cant make it at ESC. One hearing is never enough.

I wouldnt put Sweden to 'has no chances list'. There are still straight girls and loads of gay guys watching ESC. It's not my taste but it doesnt sound as pathetic as some songs do.

For me 'no chance' songs are: Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Denmark, Ukrainia, Monaco...

Songs that shouldnt have chance but unfortunately they do: Ireland, Poland, Romania, Belorussia, Bosnia.. They are bad IMHO. But u'll be surprised how many ppl actually like them. Most of all Poland and Romania. They say Bosnia improved with english version. Gonna check now. U can do as well http://www.feminnem.com/video/Feminn...0Call%20me.wmv

And yes, it's quit a wierd ESC. This ear will show if ESC will remain what it was 20 years ago or will move ahead. There are definitely few camps there:

Traditional camp: Lithuania (indeed one of the best of this kind), Belorussia, Bosnia

Ethnic camp: it mixes with previous one at times. But here are originally 'ethnic-providing' countries like Cyprus, Greece (it can be as well put in first camp as it's more pop than ethnic), Turkey, Serbia and UK who decided ethnic is the only chance to do well (they arent this wrong. It's been some kind of fasion lately).

Rock camp: Russia, Hungary (mixed with ethnic tho), Moldova (same as Hungary), Germany, Swistonia, Estonia.. also Norway but if it wins it'll be more a step back than ahead. These countries decided to try something new at ESC and bring their some diversity.

Different camp: Ukraine with it's rap song wich is just plain wierd even for this year, France (i'd put it in the car i repeat, but ESC.. hell no).. these song just fall out.

Ballads camp: Slovenia (can be put in ethnic and rock camp as well.. thats why stands out may be), Netherlands, Monaco, Israel, Belgium, Malta... there is a dream that a ballad can win and some keep trying. But not.. i cant. Nver did in last years and not gonna do unless it's Slovenia.
Old 24-03-2005, 03:08   #71
My Waking Hour

Oh, yeah I know what you mean about the Slovenian song. I just saw the video. The way the song has been distorted now with those guitars and stuff, it sounds more like My Chemical Romance. Better go back to the original and best

Also his vocals got worse and the shirt got off

Haven't listened to the Hungarian song yet. It's the last one left ( except Portugal of course ) Is it good?

France? can put it with Bulgaria ( and what else ) in the cool/r''n/jazzy camp. I think the reason I'm not impressed with France is the singer. She could be a lot more powerful and the song more interesting. I usually like this type of song.

Then maybe can differentiate between soft ballads and more mid tempo( like Netherlands, Ireland etc. ) cause they're far too many of them.

Malta's song is not better than the ones which did pretty well in recent years. So by the law of the probability it should do a bit worse than those ( but still high )

Last edited by spyretto; 24-03-2005 at 03:18.
Old 24-03-2005, 03:24   #72
ex-sunnich

Unfortunately they wont go back. After 21th March it's just forbidden. Tatu tried to make EBU to allow them to change the backing track in 2003 but failed to. So this is how we'll hear Slovenia on the stage. I just hope they bring that back-vocalist back. She was giving the song it's soul.

Hungary is some ethno-rock.. fluet is cool there but song itself could be more interesting. And the singer doesnt look pathetic.. so still good for me.
And France.. the girl looks good at least. If they come up with some interesting performance will work for me. What u heard is live version anyway. So studio must sound better i guess.

Finland
Slovenia
Switzerland
Germany
Moldova
France
Hungary
Russia
Estonia
Latvia

I think these ones I'd listen in no particular order and depending on my mood. If I had to choose a ballad.. then Malta or Israel besides Slovenia, Finland and Latvia. Rest are impossible to remember.

If I had to go Abba, then Lithuania without much thinking. Iceland has also some quality song, it's just no Abba.

If it was about watching performances.. then UK (i like those turkish dances), Austria.. they are easy and funny in some way.. Sweden (black leather looks fine on him).. Greece.. (her ass is still more than fine)...here I'm like trying to add new countries to the list.

Rest... many toilet breaks for me during the show
Old 24-03-2005, 03:35   #73
My Waking Hour

Yeah watching the performances too...

Germany is a bit problematic...They have to improve the sound/performance a.s.a.p.

LOL at Ireland. another nil pois? stupid song and performance.

As for the UK...they finally realise they need to show some skin She has a very good voice, she's very cool, too bad about the song.
Old 24-03-2005, 04:00   #74
ex-sunnich

Hands OFF Ireland lol That guy is just super-cool and his dancing... *tries to repeat and fails as she DOES have some sense of rythm*

Germany.. girl looks better with black hair than blond but well.. they say someone must at least try to sing on the stage.. still among other awful songs this poor one is one of the best imho.

UK.. if we dont like the song it doesnt mean others wont. I can bet final top list will look sooooooo different from both mine and urs :P
Old 24-03-2005, 15:55   #75
My Waking Hour

Will see...my list is still changing, some of your favourite ones are growing on me, as they say. ( Latvia , for example )
I gotta check out all the ballads as well. Apart from Swiss, Slovenia, Norway, Lithuania which are sure, the rest of the places are up for grabs.

I would prefer if we had some better songs this time around but what can you do. There's also the "gimmick" factor ie. what kind of gimmick they're going to pull on the night? So far the videos are just showing them performing the songs, the gimmicks will add an extra spice to it and detemrine the winner. ( as they usually do )

I'm also waiting for forre to listen to the songs and come up with her predictions ( as a more of an expert ) I'm only good at predicting tennis

Will the Slovenian song be performed in English and with the heavy guitars? It might work cause the English old version of the song was weaker.
Old 24-03-2005, 16:22   #76
Bitchka

OK, i didnt have time last night to watch all the clips... or the ones i wanted to, so later i will .... turkey is next on the list then

anyways, i know this is a done deal ... BUT, for my own sake i want to ask you spy and sunnich to listen to this: http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...I2PH7MW50N198J and let me know if you'd prefer it at least a tiny bit better than the official BG entry? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. It is basically Bulgaria's people's choice, until Kaffee bought their victory LoL

the chica looks like this: http://www.bulgariancds.com/cgi-bin/...ype=wmv&id=426 - explosive tiny gypsy ... the guy - two 'heads' taller than her and bald... ha ha, what a weird sight that must've been on stage... but at least they can MOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 24-03-2005 at 16:45.
Old 24-03-2005, 16:41   #77
My Waking Hour

yeah, I think it's better than the current song in the same ethnic vibe. Lorraine in just waaaay too boring . But hey, next year I'm sure you're gonna have a cracking song...remember Ukraine?

lol, at that guy(?) on the video.
Old 24-03-2005, 16:50   #78
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
lol, at that guy(?) on the video.
Offtop:
that would've been MINE choice for Eurovision BG representative - Azis - the transvestite gypsy- best selling BG artist in the last few years! esp 4 U: http://www.bulgariancds.com/c/sl-e/m...s-together.htm ; http://www.bulgariancds.com/c/sl-e/m...pektakyl.htmll
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-03-2005, 21:32   #79
My Waking Hour

My friend also liked the songs from the United Kingdom , France, and Cyprus (...)

Hated Austria, despite my cool introduction ( didn't work ) About Norway she said "that's old"

Reiterated how much she liked Greece...

was lukewarm on Lithuania, liked the performance and the guy of Sweden ( but not the song ) and marvelled at the Ukraine's rap song. (in a negative way).

So I guess it's universal...those catchy arabic-infused beats will probably strike it lucky once more...though I still think they're weak songs...
Old 24-03-2005, 22:34   #80
ex-sunnich

Yeah cools, this one is definitely better. And I bet it would be way higher in ppl's rankings.. they just like those kinds of songs. And lorrain.. well for some reason people put it on number 39 right before Portugal (even before hearing the portugese song.. they cant expect anything worse even from Portugal that is an all-time-ESC-looser lol). But indeed what spy said. Ukraine first entered ESC with some balad no one liked. Next year they went ethno and won the thing history likes to repeat u know. So... Sofia 2007? =)

Spy, u sure u watched Norway's performance? o.O And u still liked it? I mean I had such hopes on this one after reading all those 'great glam rock' comments on diff message boards.. and when i saw the vid i was just silent for a second and then just found myself in hysterics. This is something that just can't be in 2005.

And yeah.. we'll see staging, gimmiks and stuff only in the end of May. Many favourits can bomb.. some can catch a cold.. some can wear ugly dresses.. some can sound awful live. And there's a great possibility ethnic songs will steal each other's voices and someone else will win. Politics is important too.. Ukrain can get more points than u expect after orange revolution.. and mmm who's next to enter EU? =)
ReplyPost New Thread