Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Discussion of Data export/syndication in LiveJournal.com

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-06-2005, 15:37   #1
Primetime Anchor

Discussion of Data export/syndication in LiveJournal.com

Please, discuss announcement Data export/syndication in LiveJournal.com
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 25-06-2005, 22:03   #2
Gimme some sugar!

forre, would you explain to me what this is? but in simple language, coz i'm a little slow
Old 27-06-2005, 04:26   #3
we shout

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication" -- it's a format for distributing and gathering content from sources across the Web, including newspapers, magazines, and blogs.

Web publishers use RSS to easily create and distribute news feeds that include links, headlines, and summaries. The Christian Science Monitor, CNN, and CNET News are among the many sites that now deliver updated online content via RSS.

Source: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/news/beta/beta-03.html

1. RSS Reader

Veg, its about using RSS Reader, you can download and install on your computer. It look similiar to Outlook Express layout but its not for email purpose.

When there is updated news on eng.tatysite.net or www.tatysite.net, the news will be automaticly download to your RSS reader on your desktop and it will notify you that there is new update. So even if you forget to visit tatysite you will not miss any news. It use XML format thing. You just have to add the link eng.tatysite.net to its .. urr. feeder.. heh heh..

I used it last time but there were not much news on tatysite but too many news from the world because I was testing and I sucscribe to too many it was disturbing and takes lots of memory. So I already un-installed. But I think I will re-install again soon.

Download RSS Reader:
http://www.rssreader.com/download.htm - .. ur.... its require Microsoft .NET framework .. not sure how it work on Linux .. but I don't think Linux would surrender to that .. so there must be a Linux version too.

2. Automatic News Update to another website.

This info already on eng.tatysite.net which any news update on tatysite can also be updated * automaticaly* on another website by using this XML format .

Which mean you don't need to copy and paste.

------
Export of data
RSS is an international format, specifically created for transfer of data from one website to another. By using our export file in the format of RSS, you will be able to place the headlines and summaries of the latest news. Besides that, by using special programs - news aggregators - you'll be able to keep up with the updates on our website.

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss

------

3. Collaboration with LiveJournal.com

I dont subscribe to livejournal.com so I'm not sure what's going on there.. but I think tatysite subscribes to livejournal.com as user 'tatu_eng' to update TATU diaries and news in english using RSS / XML ( no need to copy paste).

If you have RSS Reader, any update there can be pull to your RSS Reader on your desktop too.

Or if you a member of livejournal.com, you can add "tatu_eng" as your friend, so you get updated of the diary too using livejournal.com

http://www.livejournal.com/users/tatu_eng/

-----

Da.. I hope this help and I am not wrong
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Last edited by denial; 27-06-2005 at 05:10.
Old 27-06-2005, 11:26   #4
Gimme some sugar!

yes i understand now, thanx
ReplyPost New Thread