Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 03:10   #841
Can You See Them Now?

They need to release an album. Like, now.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:15   #842
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
I'm glad you realized that

Joke. I respect your opinions, but I hope you come to see the good side of this project... It really is good and Lena really improved. She's giving her best, IMHO. x)
Maybe someday I will see the good side of this project but right now that's not time for me to say something like that's so great. Because Right now there's nothing what I can say that's great in this project. I will wait for Yulia's project too and i will try to be honest with myself. Anyway my best wishes for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~
[I can feel tension bewteen us, I know that our love will die]
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"
Old 12-07-2010, 06:25   #843
UTIMTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
They need to release an album. Like, now.
I totally agree!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dvesti Dvadtsat Na SEBYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
^_^
Old 12-07-2010, 17:30   #844
Chun ruk ter!

Or at least some sort of EP, since they're "new to the world"... A lot of groups have started that way.

They need to produce something that will gain them a decent fan base, and not just the group of Tatu fans who actually update themselves on Tatu every once in a while.

I mean, if that's what they're going for anyway. I think they said once that they're doing this for fun? I dunno.

We can hope the Pridefest performance gave Lena's band some number of new fans.
I think Lena's stage presence is pretty cute and at least she's trying. She's naturally humble so we can't expect her to go "completely all out and crazy".
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 12-07-2010, 20:20   #845
Kandi KRaver

They said they might release an EP. I think it should be called World, and the tracklisting should be something like...

1. World
2. IRS
3. Just A Day
4. Lost In This Dance
5. So Not Cool
6. Stay
Old 12-07-2010, 20:26   #846
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalchikGeiBrand View Post
...at least she's trying.
That's not enough. Basically the new songs are considerably away from hit material. Her performances are with the handbrake on. Fans, especially potentially new ones, want to feel their stars. Stronger emotions are needed (possibly not the best songs for that?).

I don't see this kind of uniqueness which distinguishes the star from the average. If she wanted to show herself as the girl next door - congratulation, perfectly done! Unfortunately this won't interest many people.

For an international career she has to find her own clear position, which she has not to share with hundreds of other wannabe starlets like she has to at the moment. Well, half a dozen more demands necessary to be successful as a non-english native in the international biz, but without being special she has no chance.

Even for a career in Russia she is far away from fit. Dozens of girls with decent singing abilities who stand as if rooted on the ground on stage and perform with poor emotion try their luck there the same way as Lena does. Using English language isn't really helpful either in this country. Most people won't understand her. Not to speak about her complete lack of contacts to important people of the music scene (reading books or stalking VIPs - her decision).

If she wants to gain more than releasing one or two download albums and singing at mini events organized by (ex-) tatu fans, the whole team has to rethink image, creative work and strategy. The whole thing is nice (you know, that's the sister of boring), but not more.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:31   #847
Chun ruk ter!

Well, yeah, I also think her attempts of stage presence particularly aren't at a typically amazing level, but it pleases me at this point, because her little movements are better than her just standing in front of a mic looking bored. I do agree though. If they do want to have a strong, booming audience, they're going to have to make something stand out and really impress someone. What they're doing right now is cute and fun. But a lot of it (the blogs, vlogs, tweets, meetings) is just fan service and of course no one but the fans they already have are noticing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 20-07-2010, 22:35   #848
Участник

Some tension has laid on both sides.

Yulia, in this interview > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnHvFEaZvA < said two important things:

* She dislikes the fact that Lena sang ATTSS and NGGU in her performances; she thinks it's stupid.
* She thinks Lena's work and new songs are silly and, therefore, are meant to disappear really soon.

Lena responded in this video to Yulia's comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUDW...layer_embedded

And Yulia also said in the same interview that her project will be a BIG BOOM; "it'll make people want to make love with each other!".
Old 21-07-2010, 12:21   #849
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
Its not her.. Its her lips talking. IT take over her!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 21-07-2010, 14:41   #850
Участник

I've subbed the "offending" vid by Yulia

If she ever turned her sensational words into actions she would truly rule the world

I for one totally agree with her comments re Lena singing YSSU and NND solo.
Any other album songs would have been OK.

Rock on Yulia.

Thanks to easya and Ira for infos

Yulia Hearing Test from MTV 17.07.2010 subs.avi (53 MB) was uploaded

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RI3P3P4Q

Could somebody kindly up it to youtube and post the link

Thanks in advance
Old 21-07-2010, 15:41   #851
reconciled

Thanks, franb for the constant work you're doing!
Old 21-07-2010, 16:49   #852
Son. Husband. Witch!

So you guys are telling me that when Yulia finally gets up off of her lazy 'lips' she's not going to use t.A.T.u.'s 2 biggest hits to help promote her solo stuff? I highly doubt that she won't!
Old 21-07-2010, 17:12   #853
Martian Eyes

Quote:
* She dislikes the fact that Lena sang ATTSS and NGGU in her performances; she thinks it's stupid.
Me too!
Quote:
* She thinks Lena's work and new songs are silly...
Again agreed.
Quote:
... and, therefore, are meant to disappear really soon.
Premature conclusion. She has enough time to make it better.
Quote:
Lena responded in this video to Yulia's comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUDW...layer_embedded
There are times I'm honestly sure that Lena is the female incarnation of John Cleese in 'A Fish Called Wanda', so composed in every situation, hardly showing any emotion. Yulya told that Lena does stupid things and she is like "I have a completely different attitude towards the whole situation". Eh, what? Why can't she just say "Shut up, Volkova!"?
Old 21-07-2010, 17:13   #854
reconciled

She would be mega-stupid if she used YSSU etc. after what she has said, so no, she won't use 'em. Don't even know if she could copyright-wise and why should she go back to a project that she lost her interest in, at least in the last year 2008... ?

You see it clearly:

Lena Katina (project) = t.A.T.u. - Yulia
Yulia Volkova = Yulia Volkova
Old 21-07-2010, 17:20   #855
Son. Husband. Witch!

she's the one currently living off her past glories. Stupid, pointless interviews and turning up at parties etc... VERY productive Volkova. She'll be the one needing t.A.T.u. more when everything bombs... erm, i mean, fails to take off. The West is hardly going to take that face and that strangled voice seriously.
Old 21-07-2010, 17:56   #856
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe View Post
she's the one currently living off her past glories.
You are talking about Lena, right? The only songs which sounded good at her perfomances were songs written for tatu, everything else is for the trash bin.
Quote:
Stupid, pointless interviews...
...and you've witnessed intelligent interviews in a news section of a music channel? At least she told honestly about her opinions, not like other people on earth who never tell enough that I can see what they think.
Quote:
... and turning up at parties etc... VERY productive Volkova.
You were on parties of Volkova? This is JOB! Publicity, important people of the biz...When she was partying FOR TATU the project went quite well, when she discovered the washing machine and the pressing iron for Parviz the project tatu fell vertically to the ground.
Quote:
She'll be the one needing t.A.T.u. more when everything bombs... erm, i mean, fails to take off.
They will both fail evenly. Yulya can't focus on one single thing and scatters her energies on various things, and Lena has no creativity nor independence. She lets others decide for herself. Their tatu past doesn't help both of them. I give them hundred albums more sold for some tatu songs reanimated.
Old 21-07-2010, 18:06   #857
Son. Husband. Witch!

I'll stick with Lena A.K.A. t.A.T.u. minus Yulia. Yulia is a farce and has been for quite a while now.
Old 21-07-2010, 19:06   #858
Участник

Quote:
and that strangled voice seriously.
I think the West the East and everywhere else will go crazy for that strangled voice.

Last edited by RowerB; 21-07-2010 at 19:08. Reason: Putting uppercase letters at the start of west and east
Old 21-07-2010, 19:21   #859
Son. Husband. Witch!

They won't for that face! Repulsed more like.
Old 21-07-2010, 23:27   #860
Участник

it strikes me how RowerB can still be soooo supportive for the horrible yulia noise. Argos, I disagree with you. Because telling yulia to shut up in public is a different thing than if it would be private. To me Lena handled this very mature. (but maybe even a lil more mature if she kept silent about it)
ReplyPost New Thread