Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Seven couples from MA finally get married...

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-05-2004, 02:58   #1
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Seven couples from MA finally get married...

I found this article about the original 7 couples that sued the state of massachusetts for dening them marriage certificates because they were gay. It is due to these couples courage that on this day, May 17th 2004, same-sex couples can get married in MA legally.

After long wait, seven pioneering couples take their vows

for more coverage and news stories from both sides visit the Boston Globe
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 18-05-2004, 03:10   #2

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.boston.com/news/special/gay_marriage/blogs/chrisfunnell1.html
Our gay brothers and sisters who are contemplating marriage are seeking love, but they will never find genuine, lasting, life-giving love apart from God. Even more importantly, such activity will endanger their eternal salvation. We would be cowards and wouldn't really love our gay brothers and sisters if we didn't say this.
So let me get this straight. You think telling Gays they are going to Hell is a good thing? You think that telling Gays their "fate" is a way to show you love them? You think you are looking out for them by making them aware of the error of their ways? Like they haven't heard that a million times before. Like they give a shit.

Priest: Hey, you gay person. I gotta warn you: You are going to hell.

Later on, Priest: I did a good deed today! I warned a gay person that they will go to hell. I'm such a nice person, looking out for other people like that. I'll bet he's gonna get scared off his ass, and that'll be the last time he touches another guy like that. If I had kept my mouth shut, I would have really been doing something wrong.

Today is a landmark date for freedom
Old 18-05-2004, 07:24   #3
winter days ...

i hope this is a portent of more good things to come ... although i am sure that nay-sayers would argue that gays being able to legally marry, is a sign that the world is coming to an end. ah well, cant please everyone
ReplyPost New Thread