My Chemical Romance

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 17:42   #21
Quality Control

Well actually it was only I'm Not Okay (I Promise)...which wasn't bad

And I probably heard the other one somewhere else
Old 03-03-2005, 21:44   #22
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
ok So I typed out this giant post and then there was some stupid error... and I'm on my MAC at work so I can't read cyrillic... it's a bunch of ????? marks... so I'm going to make this short and to the point.

Scott and I got into the arena at about 5:20pm and ran to the left side of the pit. We were right behind a solid wall of bodies hanging on to the baracade like their lives depended on it. The first 2 bands were some hard core nameless bands that totally sucked some I'm not even going to talk about them.

The third set was Senses Failed. thet're pretty cool, but I'm not about to run out and buy their CD. Which, they made sure to remind us like 15 times, comes out April 5. I managed to wedge myself inbetween two girls during the intermission and shove them around enough with the help of 12 other MCR fans to make them beg the security officers to pull them out. I had finally achieved my first goal of the night... get to the front....

Underoath was horrible, I'm not even going to bother going into details about it.

Killswitch Engage was next, I absolutely hate this band.... One of their guitarists was running around in jeans cut off right up to the top of his thigh and wearing a black tank top. Scott and both agree that he was acting like a flaming homo... I thought it was funny. Towards the end of their set one of those annoying crowd surferscame out of nowhere and landed on my neck... I almost lost my favorite hat.... and my neck is still bothering me today.

ok so I'm at work and I need to go be productive more later....
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 03-03-2005, 23:01   #23
a kind of fresh madness

Be cool. Killswitch Engage ROCK! Their guitarist is called Adam and he is niether "flaming" nor a "homo".
If you hate this kind of music so much remind me again why you went to TOC.... ?
People who shove to get to the front really suck. For all you know those girls could have been real MCR fans who really wanted to see the band. What right did you - a newbie - have to push them aside like that? Sorry, but If you want to get to the front then be at the venue 3 hours before the doors open like normal people do.
That was uncool.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 03-03-2005, 23:26   #24
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
People who shove to get to the front really suck. For all you know those girls could have been real MCR fans who really wanted to see the band. What right did you - a newbie - have to push them aside like that? Sorry, but If you want to get to the front then be at the venue 3 hours before the doors open like normal people do.
That was uncool.
I thought everyone at a concert with general admittion (which this one sounds like it was) has ABSOLUTELY the SAME rights. 'Newbie' or 'oldie', 'real' or 'fake', if you paid it doesnt mean shit. Who is to decide who is 'newbie' and who isnt anyways??!?
Pushing at any standing concert is common, let alone at a rock show (esp in front of the stage) ..... if you are ready/willing to participate in some mosh-pits, be ready/willing to handle some pushing

I personally wouldnt even go to such concert, let alone sweat myself with the 'teenies' up front.
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 03-03-2005, 23:50   #25
a kind of fresh madness

Whether you'd lower yourself enough to go to a proper concert isn't my concern.
My point is that there is such a thing as 'gig etiquette'. And rule Numero Uno is that you treat other audience members with a modicum of respect. If those girls were at the front they got that position fair and square. Pushing and shoving other people around in order to get a better position is just wrong.
If you'd been to as many gigs (and I mean proper gigs - none of that fucking pop music shite where everyone is sitting in rows and rows of clearly marked seats ) as I have then you'd understand the do's and don't's. It's easy to spot posers at gigs cos they're always the ones pushing and shoving and acting silly.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 04-03-2005, 00:01   #26
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Mossopp, they weren't fans... they stood around saying stuff like, "We're only here cause the guys in the Used are hot, but this music sucks..." So actually I don't think I did anything wrong. Although I do find it amusing that you always find some fault in everything that everyone else does.... very EMO of you.

And actually I like underoath, but their performance was horrible... they are much better on CD than they are live.

I need to go study for my history exam... I'll post more later....
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 04-03-2005, 00:03   #27
Bitchka

Quote:
Whether you'd lower yourself enough to go to a proper concert isn't my concern.
My point is that there is such a thing as 'gig etiquette'. And rule Numero Uno is that you treat other audience members with a modicum of respect. If those girls were at the front they got that position fair and square. Pushing and shoving other people around in order to get a better position is just wrong.
If you'd been to as many gigs (and I mean proper gigs - none of that fucking pop music shite where everyone is sitting in rows and rows of clearly marked seats ) as I have then you'd understand the do's and don't's. It's easy to spot posers at gigs cos they're always the ones pushing and shoving and acting silly.
1. Define 'proper'
2. You dont need to go to 1000000000000000000000000 concerts to know the do's and dont's
3. When I go to shows (no, not the ones with seats , but not one of MTV's popular "NEW bestest rocking" bands either ) I dont push (usually its the other way around, I simply 'kindly' resist if needed, so I would not be 'washed' away, but usually I just YIELD to the teenie bullies) ... I dont think you need to be covered in other's people sweat to enjoy the show
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 04-03-2005, 00:04   #28
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
Mossopp, they weren't fans... they stood around saying stuff like, "We're only here cause the guys in the Used are hot, but this music sucks..." So actually I don't think I did anything wrong. Although I do find it amusing that you always find some fault in everything that everyone else does.... very EMO of you.
Whether or not they were "fans" is besides the point! What happened to common courtesy?!
And as for the Emo remark - ouch! That hurt!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 04-03-2005, 00:06   #29
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
Whether or not they were "fans" is besides the point! What happened to common courtesy?!
And as for the Emo remark - ouch! That hurt!
I'm an american.... if you haven't noticed we don't have any common courtesy
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 04-03-2005, 00:09   #30
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
1. Define 'proper'
2. You dont need to go to 1000000000000000000000000 concerts to know the do's and dont's
3. When I go to shows (no, not the ones with seats , but not one of MTV's popular "NEW bestest rocking" bands either ) I dont push (usually its the other way around, I simply 'kindly' resist if needed, so I would not be 'washed' away, but usually I just YIELD to the teenie bullies) ... I dont think you need to be covered in other's people sweat to enjoy the show
You think you know about proper gigs? Tell you what - come see Atreyu with me. Better yet - come see 36Crazyfists and From First To Last with me. Let's see how far "kindly resistance" gets you at either of those shows.
I've had fucking teeth knocked out at gigs! I dare you to call anyone there a "teenie"! Trust me, you'd regret it.
You don't understand where I'm from. I grew up at rock shows. The crowds can be crazy, yes. But there's still an underlying respect for each other that runs through that. People with your kind of condescending attitude, on the other hand, would be chewed up and spat right out again!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 04-03-2005, 02:58   #31
Gaga ftw!

on with the story.....

After Killswitch, I was talking with the other MCR fans round me and we were trying to figure out who would perform next, The Used or MCR.... the crew finally cleared the stage of all traces of killswitch and the first thing they put out was a white guitar with the word Pansy on it and the noise in my general area jump like 1000 decibles. Then the drum set with the word revenge on it surround by a bunch of guns was brought on and we all started to flip out.

10 minutes later the lights dimmed and MCR walks out on stage. The crowd went wild... I honestly think that in that moment the pit was louder than it had been for the entire night. They went right into I'm not Okay (I promise). Everyone was screaming the lyrics. When they finished the song... Gerard walked up to the drum set, turned his back to us and said, "I want your Venom"... and obviously they played Thank you for the Venom.

.... your going to have to wait until tomorrow because I need to go back to class....
Offtop:
oh and Mossopp... I saw the Helena video and as usual you were right. It totally owns.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 04-03-2005, 10:18   #32
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
10 minutes later the lights dimmed and MCR walks out on stage. The crowd went wild... I honestly think that in that moment the pit was louder than it had been for the entire night. They went right into I'm not Okay (I promise). Everyone was screaming the lyrics. When they finished the song... Gerard walked up to the drum set, turned his back to us and said, "I want your Venom"... and obviously they played Thank you for the Venom...
The levels of devotion that MCR fans are capable of is truly astounding. It's impossible not to be caught up in it.
How amazing is Gerard? He has got such stage presence - you can't take your eyes off him! I've said it before and I'll say it again - that man is a fucking star!
Quote:
oh and Mossopp... I saw the Helena video and as usual you were right. It totally owns.
Yeah, such a great video. The rough cut of it I have is actually better than the finished article.

Offtop:
Sorry if I seemed a bit shitty last night but I get pissed when people act stupid at gigs - it ruins the whole experience.
Also, coolasfcuk was patronising me which made me even more annoyed!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 04-03-2005, 17:58   #33
Bitchka

Quote:
Offtop:

Also, coolasfcuk was patronising me which made me even more annoyed!
Yeah mossopp, blame it one ME - the evil bitch

But look, Ive completely changed my mind - you're right. you know everything, and I know shit about concerts - you = proper , me = shit. And you are taking us to a whole new level - apologizing for being nasty, giving up being gay ... to go for str8 boys such as that Gerard Amazing, you are on your way to picture perfect! I applaud you!

spy, I also applaud you, since as I mod I could SEE your deleted message! Should've left it there it was GOOD The wonders MTV can do, ah? Soon Atreyu will be performing at Mall of America, where 13 year old blonde girls will be ripping their hair off! I just wonder if they will be knocking their teeth out as well, while deeping respecting eachother ... or simply stick to the hair ripping, without any fucking respect Well, that's what 'chemicals' and 'romance' mixed together are capable of making you do
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 04-03-2005, 18:06   #34
a kind of fresh madness

Fuck this. I've had it with this place. It's no fun anymore.

See ya guys. On to pastures new...
It's been fun. But judging by the reception I've been getting recently I doubt I'll be missed.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 23-03-2005, 22:46   #35

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Fuck this. I've had it with this place. It's no fun anymore.

See ya guys. On to pastures new...
It's been fun. But judging by the reception I've been getting recently I doubt I'll be missed.

I was going to comment, but now I wont.

coolafcuk ----> - I hope you're happy with yourself.
Old 23-03-2005, 23:07   #36
pie crust

What the fuck. This is just lame. What ever happened to everyone expressing their opinion and then going "Haha yeah let's go get a beer"?!

Okay this is just lame. If this was in the old days we'd all just get over it and start a new discussion about something else and agree and disagree.

Now everyone is just leaving. No wonder this place is getting shitty - there's no-one here! If I see one more person go "Man I hate this place this sux kthixbi" I swear to god I'm gonna smack them in the head.

*Explodes*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 23-03-2005, 23:27   #37
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsidan04
coolafcuk----> - I hope you're happy with yourself.
yeah? happy about WHAT? That mossopp has issues I am not respinsible for? Look, i am not here to babysit anyone ... i dont expect to understand or be understood by everybody ... but i dont think you can sit over there and point at me as the sole reason for her leaving (if she's really left). She is as responsible for it as i am and as lots other factors are.... but if it will make you feel better - i am sad, sure ... sad because it is such a dumb situation .... but, no, dont expect me to sob over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
What the fuck. This is just lame. What ever happened to everyone expressing their opinion and then going "Haha yeah let's go get a beer"?!
Well, i dont know, but like i said .. i would not sit here and watch her attack one way, and then put the helmet on and turn around and warn to run away - this i did with my friends up to 3rd grade. if debate is impossible, well .... ... and i tried to ignore... but one can only ignore so much. I was/am working on patience and ignorance .... if she's back i would work on it more ... for MY own better self that is (after all, we are all selfish beings) ....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 23-03-2005, 23:33   #38
pie crust

coolasfcuk, I know what you're saying.. and I agree on what you said in this thread about the bands etc. sorry if it sounded like I was putting you down or something, I wasn't Not you and not Lorna and not anyone else, just the outcome. 'Cause this isn't the first time something like that happens.

I think arguements like these are lame though. But maybe that's just 'cause I'm in a bad mood today?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 23-03-2005, 23:41   #39
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
coolasfcuk, I know what you're saying.. and I agree on what you said in this thread about the bands etc. sorry if it sounded like I was putting you down or something, I wasn't. Not you and not Lorna and not anyone else, just the outcome. 'Cause this isn't the first time something like that happens.
but of course queenski. I didnt think you were putting me down i just used what you said to say what i wanted to say.

Quote:
I think arguements like these are lame though. But maybe that's just 'cause I'm in a bad mood today?
well, yeah ... im also working on arguing less... but i just LOVE it so much must come as part of the mentality LoL ... and hope you get in a better mood soon
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 23-03-2005, 23:49   #40

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
But look, Ive completely changed my mind - you're right. you know everything, and I know shit about concerts - you = proper , me = shit. And you are taking us to a whole new level - apologizing for being nasty, giving up being gay ... to go for str8 boys such as that Gerard Amazing, you are on your way to picture perfect! I applaud you!
Your sarcasm is uncalled for and annoying. And just like I can profess admiration for male singers, she can too. Doesn't mean that either of us wants to sleep with any of them. You were making fun of her for liking certain music. Sure thats not exactly grounds for her to piss off, but that doesn't mean it's okay either. Stuff like that doesn't have any place on this forum if you ask me.

Good: "I dont like that band. And here's why: *proceed to give good reasons*"

Bad: "Hahahahaah! You suck! That band sucks! What the heck is wrong with you listening to such a sucky band?"

I'm not saying you acted like the latter, but you got too close to the latter for comfort. I dont mean any offense, but I dont want to see serious arguments around here, and name calling. Especially when it involves one of my favorite people maybe leaving for good.

( Nice sig you got there, honestly. [/offtop] )

Quote:
Soon Atreyu will be performing at Mall of America, where 13 year old blonde girls will be ripping their hair off!
I don't believe that for a second.

Quote:
(no, not the ones with seats
And what's wrong with seats? When I saw Evanescence/Seether/TDG/BB last July, it was at a large outdoor theater with seats, and it was great. There's no loss of experience because it's at a theater.
ReplyPost New Thread