Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

The L Word (Part 1)

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 16:31   #21
you'll need love

only seen the first two so far..
faves:
the reporter - (the one with the chart board that is) (not Jenny)
and
Dana - the mission in episode 2 was so cute
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head

Old 07-03-2004, 00:38   #22

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
I really hope, for your sakes, that these girls are not actors and are really gay. Cause I'd hate to end each show thinking "if only they did that off camera". Heck, in the slight chance that they are actors, they probably won't be for much longer.

- your friendly neighborhood open-minded straight guy who's never seen this cause he doesn't have Showtime

Old 08-03-2004, 15:25   #23
you'll need love

Quote:
I really hope, for your sakes, that these girls are not actors and are really gay.
Haven't read much about the cast. But as far as I do know only one is openly gay. They are cast for acting skills like in any other tv-serie. Why should this one be any different anyway?
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Old 09-03-2004, 04:25   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by TLFdk
Why should this one be any different anyway?
Oh, come on! I doubt I could act gay and do so convincingly enough to get PAID for it. I mean really. If they aren't gay, then kudos to them for their acting ability (and their openness), but I think it detracts from the show as a whole. If it was my show, I'd prefer not to have straight actors. But then again, I don't know if there are enough lesbians in the acting business to make a whole cast.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:34   #25
Losing it!

ypsidan04

Have you seen the L Word Defined? In it, one of the wrighters who is openly gay talkes about how most of the women she met didn't think it could be a good show unless gay women played the roles. Her response to that was ".. No, actors play the parts, actors are better at acting than lesbians might be ... ". And in response to what you said about you not being able to act gay, well, I acted straight for 19 years of my life.

Old 10-03-2004, 04:18   #26

Re: ypsidan04

Quote:
Originally posted by Stop it!
And in response to what you said about you not being able to act gay, well, I acted straight for 19 years of my life.
I know 2 people who "acted" longer than that. Both were married.

If she says so, then okay.

Old 14-03-2004, 21:44   #27
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally posted by ypsidan04
Oh, come on! I doubt I could act gay and do so convincingly enough to get PAID for it. I mean really. If they aren't gay, then kudos to them for their acting ability (and their openness), but I think it detracts from the show as a whole. If it was my show, I'd prefer not to have straight actors. But then again, I don't know if there are enough lesbians in the acting business to make a whole cast.
As a het-girl, with no-so-latent homo tendencies, please enlighten me; How does one act gay?

On another note, is anybody pissed off at the unproportionate ratio of straight sex to gay sex. I mean, it is freaking appalling. When I watch a gay-girl show I want my hot girl-on-girl action, like, NOW!!!

I already miss Lara. Her and her spectacular breasts.

Old 16-03-2004, 11:58   #28

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
As a het-girl, with no-so-latent homo tendencies, please enlighten me; How does one act gay?
That's what I wanna know. Apparently these girls aren't gay.

Quote:
On another note, is anybody pissed off at the unproportionate ratio of straight sex to gay sex. I mean, it is freaking appalling. When I watch a gay-girl show I want my hot girl-on-girl action, like, NOW!!!

I already miss Lara. Her and her spectacular breasts.
I fully agree. I'm glad there are "het-girls" like you. Rock on!

Old 16-03-2004, 21:12   #29
Участник

PowerPuff Grrl

Yea, I know what you mean about all the straight sex! I watched it on Monday and what did I get to see? Tims Harry Ars! It was so gross. Come on. The thing with Shane and her client lasted like 5sec. Litteraly! And Tim and Jenny, something we have seen a 3 times before, lasted for about 5 minutes. You know, if it weren't for Tim and Jenny I would have almost no complaints.
Moving on.
Alice is a really good friend! Don't quote me but I heard that her and Dana might hook up. Thats why I'm not so sad that she broke up with lara. Although, Lara was HOT! And she can cook!
As far as Bette and Tina, everyone knew the day when they would lose the baby was comming. It was still really heavy though. And, what is with the Jesus Freaks out side her house!? That what F#$*ed up. Man, when Bette came back in and stood crying at the door ... really moving.
Best line of the Night was when Shane's clients husband almost walk in on them and when he tries to shake Shanes had she says "My hands are wet"! Ha ha. The humor on the l word is great!

Old 19-03-2004, 01:34   #30
The Dream is Over, :~(

Re: PowerPuff Grrl

Quote:
Originally posted by bgirlnikki

Alice is a really good friend! Don't quote me but I heard that her and Dana might hook up. Thats why I'm not so sad that she broke up with lara. Although, Lara was HOT! And she can cook!
Best line of the Night was when Shane's clients husband almost walk in on them and when he tries to shake Shanes had she says "My hands are wet"! Ha ha. The humor on the l word is great!
Alice is a really good friend, she is goes out of her way to be where and when her friends are in need. That is cool. But what is not cool is when she said that she had a boyfriend when Dana's Dad asked her if she's responsible for Dana's "Lifestyle." I thought that was kinda cowardly of her. But she is cool nevertheless.

Unless everybody here is alright with spoilers, bgirlnikki, I can just about tell you what happens to every character in the finale. Otherwise, I can PM it to you or anyone else who's interested.

On a side note though, and I am totally on your side here with the straight sex and all, but I have to say that Tim has a nice ass. A nice, bubbly butt. That is all.

Quote:
Originally posted by ypsidan04

Apparently these girls aren't gay.
As far as I know, only Leisha Hailey (Alice) is openly gay. She used to go out with K.D. Lang. I always thought Katherine Moennig (Shane) was gay, only because of the type roles she gets, but I heard in one interview her commenting on a boyfriend. Mia Kirshner (Jenny) is a question mark. She refuses to use labels on her sexuality (good for her!), my guess is she's bi, she has dropped hints of playing for either team. Jennifer Beals (Bette) is married, heterosexually, and has two step kids, while Laura Holloman is also married, heterosexually, and has two kids, or one... she has kids though. Erin Daniels (Dana) has implied that she is straight as did Karina Lombard (Marina) and Pam Grier (Kit, as if I need to tell you). Eric Mabius (Tim) I could not give two sh!ts either way.

The only other character who is openly gay is Tammy Lynne Michaels (Lacey, Shane's spikey blonde haired stalker). She is married to Melissa Etheridge. Cool, eh?

Quote:
I fully agree. I'm glad there are "het-girls" like you. Rock on!
Aww shucks!
What can I say, it started with Faith from Buffy. So long did I yearn to see her have sexy slayer sex with Buffy, or better yet me! Anyhoo, bad-ass brunette chicks with hearts of gold always makes me momentarily question my sexuality; see Angelina Jolie, Corkie from Bound, Faith, and now... Shane, Goddamn!

No, you rock on, ypsidan04 and you too bgirlnikki, I haven't seen you in a while!

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 19-03-2004 at 01:54.

Old 19-03-2004, 09:19   #31
keep 'em guessing

awww man, there's somthing about that shane..........

and that line she used about her hands being wet, that was priceless.
God i wish they'd show more of her and less of jenny and tim having sex!

Old 20-03-2004, 12:21   #32
you'll need love

Quote:
The only other character who is openly gay is Tammy Lynne Michaels (Lacey, Shane's spikey blonde haired stalker). She is married to Melissa Etheridge. Cool, eh?
didn't even know that.. my movie database needs an update..

And please no spoilers I'm a few episodes behind and already know a thing or two I shouldn't. Then again I could stop reading in here, but thats unfair (for me at least hehe)..
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Old 21-03-2004, 17:09   #33

Re: Re: PowerPuff Grrl

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
What can I say, it started with Faith from Buffy. So long did I yearn to see her have sexy slayer sex with Buffy, or better yet me!

No, you rock on, ypsidan04 and you too bgirlnikki, I haven't seen you in a while!

Thank you.

Old 24-03-2004, 13:23   #34
The best

I love the show. Especially the interaction between Marina & Jenny. Marina (She's HOOOOT ) the wolf who turns out o be a lam in front of her real lover and Jenny who is like a little child.

I live in Europe, so I can't see the shows directly on tv , but I found a way to see them. (Did anyone hear of torrents?)
http://search.suprnova.org/
Main category: TV shows
Sub category: The L Word
http://www.torrents.co.uk/index.php?show=36
http://www.n4p.com/search/(L%20word)/
http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=...29&ext=&op=and
http://www.torrentz.com/search/?q=%28L+word%29

Bittorent (You need this little program on your computer, or you can't download these files.)
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

PS. Keep an eye on your download statistics becouse you will also upload a few MB.

Now I have only one problem. I can't seem to find the 5the ep. "Lawfully" where Tim and Jenny marry each other and Jenny betrays Tim with Marina.
Can anyone help me? I do prefer direct download of the internet so no ICQ please.
And "THE L WORD FAN SITE " this is what I get all the time: "Sorry. Too many people are currently downloading."

Thanks.

Last edited by marmalou; 24-03-2004 at 13:32.

Old 24-03-2004, 15:46   #35
you'll need love

I got the episodes via overnet. A filesharing program a bit like kazaa.
Can be downloaded at www.overnet.com

Thank you for the links. I'll go have a look
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Old 25-03-2004, 10:17   #36
The best

Thanks TLFdk,
I will sure take a look at overnet.
I hope I will find it there.

Old 25-03-2004, 15:55   #37
you'll need love

I hope you will locate it. It will be about 500 mb large in the mpg file at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Old 26-03-2004, 13:36   #38
The best

TLFdk

I Googled overnet and am I wrong, overnet is an P2P wich I have to pay for if I want to use it.
It seems that everywhere I looked on the internet, I have to pay 19,90 USDollar, or is there somewhere where I can find a free download?

Old 26-03-2004, 18:05   #39
<-- she...mine!

Send a message via AIM to skye Send a message via Yahoo to skye
Quote:
Originally posted by marmalou
TLFdk

I Googled overnet and am I wrong, overnet is an P2P wich I have to pay for if I want to use it.
It seems that everywhere I looked on the internet, I have to pay 19,90 USDollar, or is there somewhere where I can find a free download?
Bittorent is free........I mean up to now I don't know about in the future
why kazaa now isn't free anymore
what about edonkey

Old 26-03-2004, 20:39   #40
you'll need love

I downloaded it through: www.overnet.com

When installing don't register and it should still work. With ads though, but as far as I know only in the interface of the program itself.

direct link: http://download.overnet.com/overnet0.52.exe
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head

Closed ThreadPost New Thread