Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project - part 2

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 20:37   #441
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatsu103 View Post
That cadaver was not Yulia. It was an extra that appeared to look like her.
I think the photo was enough to makes us watch the video.
Old 03-08-2011, 21:34   #442
Участник

LOL at me being back after LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago without posting here, awww!

I just found out about Lena's new video cuz some music blog I visit, I was really excited about Lena's new music, but after watching the video, I think I'll keep waiting for more NEW music. The video and the song is not bad, but it's not that good either, I think people might like it (specially t.A.T.u. fans) cuz what it means, the real "END" of Lena and Yulia as as band, but besides that, I don't think is something to be crazy about. The song is chessy and it becomes boring after a while, nothing changes (at least that's what I felt while listening), and it was kinda predictable for Lena to use the t.A.T.u. theme to caught people attention ("see, it's the lesbian girl from tatu group" LOL).

I really hope this is some kind of buzz single (a la Katy Perry "You are so gay" music video). Anyway, glad to see one of our girls back to the scene
Old 03-08-2011, 21:57   #443
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
I like the video. For some reason first thing i though was mcr's helena.lol. What I don't like is the yulias appearance. Thats a stupid idea to bring that to your own solo project imo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 03-08-2011, 22:26   #444
reconciled

I haven't watched the video - wasn't gonna to after seeing the trailer and the images we got to see - after reading what we are actually confronted with - I am glad, I won't (in the nearest future). The only thing I can clearly say is that nothing changed at all (surprisingly LOL) - Renski still enjoys to play around and amuse himself with the fans's reactions - this time it has simply crossed the line for me - in a really, really emotionally disturbing, nasty way. That was it for me and I can only hope that Volkova will continue to ignore it.

Both girls might talk/communicate again if someone else has died and Katina is able to clear her senses. It's a real shame that so many fans left before Yulia left.
Old 03-08-2011, 22:53   #445
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear View Post
I haven't watched the video
This latest Boris bashing rant would carry more weight if you actually watched the vid, don’t you think?
Old 03-08-2011, 23:24   #446
reconciled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
This latest Boris bashing rant would carry more weight if you actually watched the vid, don’t you think?
That is totally correct. Only problem for me is that I don't want to ruin my day/night. And Boris-bashing wasn't bashing - it is who he is and I am sure he enjoys being himself. Nothing wrong with that - he is the smartest of them all and he has also the money. I couldn't and can't care less. And it's a good feeling - so, again: I won't watch it any time soon.
Old 04-08-2011, 00:09   #447
¡Viva La Lena!

I loved the video, but I´d like to see more close ups to lena´s face while singing, at least FOR ME it was kinda sentimental when she kissed yulia´s picture as a grateful and cute way to say goodbye represented in her death though
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous
Old 04-08-2011, 00:25   #448
Участник

little_polar_bear, I'm so sorry, but your thoughts are one of the most childish reactions I've ever witnessed in the t.A.T.u. community in general. I mean, LOL, you're still stuck with that Renski thing? Come on... He may have fucked up maaaaany times, but don't act like Yulia is a poor little rich person!

First, she started to become THIS > http://eng.tatysite.net/photos/album...in_kiev_04.jpg and now she's the little strange creature with the weirdo hair and lips and face overall... She got pregnant, she refused to tour, she didn't want to move on with Lena. Yes, Renski may have (dis)motivated her, but, actually, I can see clearly now how dull Yulia is. I mean, look at the things she posts! I don't even care anymore.

Like that, you don't have the obligation to care about Lena -- but you actually do, in a BAD way. It happens to be frustrating, however, 'cause you used to be one of the few people around here with a sense of thinking.

Shame.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37   #449
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
She got pregnant,
Good for Yulia.

Quote:
I can see clearly now how dull Yulia is. I mean, look at the things she posts!
I like her posts.

Quote:
I don't even care anymore.
That’s a relief, if that means you’ll stop caring about her in a bad way.
Old 04-08-2011, 15:34   #450
Новенький

My goodness, I haven't been here for a long time....

I saw the video; it's okay, but I was expecting more.
Old 04-08-2011, 21:03   #451
Son. Husband. Witch!

I think there's an epidemic of expecting TOO much too often on this forum.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:50   #452
Участник

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-xcEG6T0&gl=US

Her first RawSession is out! LOVE it, even though the back singer kinda bores me. Not because of her, only cause I wanted to hear only Lena. :-)
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52   #453
Chun ruk ter!

Honestly, the video isn't something super awesome or super terrible that it's unwatchable. For me it seemed like just another video - nothing spectacularly in your face or "so terrible!" but I liked it.

Also, Lena's Owl City cover has been released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyF-x...el_video_title

Her voice is very high and her accent is quite heavy.
It's cute. I like her energy. I think it's nice but I feel like some non-tatu/lena fans would be turned off by it due to the uniqueness and accent of her voice.
The end where they imitate deers is funny.
The thing I like about this solo project is that it's at least apparent Lena has some enthusiasm. Throughout the last 3 years of Tatu it seemed like both girls were zombies bored out of their minds. But I'm very pleased and content with how Lena and the band is now. I like how their personality and musical merit is actually shining through.

edit :nevermind. regigigas already beat me to posting it
Is the backing singer the same girl they originally had?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 05-08-2011 at 04:15.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:42   #454
Участник

^

Yes, that's the same thing I'm glad about! All the enthusiasm... She seems like she's having fun nowadays. :-)

Actually, I'd like to say I'm sorry about my reply to little_polar_bear; she cleared it up to me. Not that she needed to, but she did and I understand her perfectly now, even though I don't agree with her about it.

And yes, MalchikGeiBrand, it's the same from before! I like her, but her voice should be lower in the chorus... Still, it's fine. I'm in love with the cover! Always wanted both girls to do something like that, so I can't wait for Mr. Saxobeat.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:50   #455
Son. Husband. Witch!

I freaking hate Owl City but hearing Lena singing that song was quite refreshing. Her vocals have improved immensely. She has a gorgeous singing voice. The backing singer is a bit meh but whatever. Great cover!
Old 05-08-2011, 18:16   #456
Son. Husband. Witch!

Could someone please upload an MP3 of this please?
Old 05-08-2011, 18:32   #457
Участник

btw, here's a download link (mp3) - http://www.mediafire.com/?f7i2la5kumz8p64
enjoy!
Old 05-08-2011, 20:49   #458
Martian Eyes

That rawsession was great, nothing to complain. The video clip to 'Never Forget' however is just bo-o-o-ring. Pretty much unimaginative, with lack of creativity and ideas, no tension, not emotional, nothing attractive, nothing 'mind-feeding', not even setting Lena in the best spotlight - typical work of bungler James Cox. Fiorela said it - where are the close-ups? Not really successful way to present a new singer to the world. And for once I totally agree with RowerB, who said:
Quote:
You keep waiting for the good stuff to start and it never does.
...although we probably don't mean the same here...

Funny that she begins her solo career by burying herself. And strange enough, the overall meaning is, although not intentional: I, Lena, I'm alive, but you, Volkova, you are dead.
Old 05-08-2011, 21:14   #459
всё о нас

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalchikGeiBrand View Post
Is the backing singer the same girl they originally had?
One of the two yep - Nadia Duggan.

The other Nicole Kehl, is currently working with Rhianna.
~~~~~~~~~~~
2011 Highlights

Julia Volkova - Boom!
Lena Katina - It's the quiet ones that surprise!

--------------------
Once upon a Time....

Tatu - is for life
Old 05-08-2011, 21:59   #460
Участник

AshMcAuliffe, I 100% agree! The Owl City guy sounds horrible when singing live -- and not much better with a studio's help, either. Lena just kicked the guy out of this planet!

Argos, some people are getting that idea... I don't know if you mean it -- I never do LOL -- but I see it differently; another Lena goes on and leave her past self buried with her former partner, which is also now *probably* reborn, too. I don't know, I don't think they tried to mess with Yulia. And I don't believe she cares, haha.

About the close-ups, that's the only let down for me! I do find it emotional, but there SHOULD have been more shots of her pretty doll face (right ones, of course ).

And the session... It really was a dream come true! I'm still in love, completely.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGF5...ature=youtu.be -- Never Forget can now be watched in HD at Lena's official channel!

Also, I forgot to mention another lil' aspect I like about the video: the creepyness! Haha, gotta love the little man, the graveyard, it all just matches the song in a strange way to me. It really mends together!

Last edited by regigigas1505; 05-08-2011 at 22:47.
ReplyPost New Thread