Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Question for Fanfic Writers

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 03:02   #1
To Be Free?

Lightbulb Question for Fanfic Writers

What gives you the motivation to just sit down and actually write all those chapters down in paper?? How do you keep enough attention to the writing that you actually finish a piece of a story??

im wondering cuz i cant do that lol
Old 02-07-2003, 06:32   #2
Участник

Well...I used to say I was inspired....now I think it's more like being possessed.

An idea will come to me, and I'm just not satisfied until I've gotten it written down.

I set aside about an hour to an hour and a half to write. The same time every day, so I'm used to it being part of my routine. That helps me keep writing until I finish the story. I'll take at least a day off a week, sometimes two. I take another hour to type/edit. Again, the same time everyday.

Now, there have been times when a scene hits me, and I write it down regardless of the time. Plus, I'll plan out my stories in my head whenever I'm doing something that doesn't take a lot of my attention. Like waiting in line, washing dishes, that sort of thing.

I hope that helps.

Parrish
Old 02-07-2003, 07:04   #3
Caterfly's

Send a message via AIM to Bitty2002
Hmmm, actually I have no idea really. This is the first long story I have written that I have actually not given up on or gotten bored with.

What is different?
1. People are reading it, expecting more, excited about it, they give me the motivation to write more for them.

2. My girlfriend, she inspires most of the chapters. I usually get chapter ideas from little things she does, or we say or do. She is my inspiration and motivation as well.

3. I just really love the topic, the idea, and the story. I WANT to finish it. I have main events planned out, a rough outline and I want to get to those points so I work to reach them.

But that is me. Sometimes it is hard to sit down and write, because I have many things to do or it sounds so much better in my head, but sounds so retarded on paper. That can be frustrating. BUT, my g.f just keeps telling me it doesn't suck and encourages me, so it is all her really!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:27   #4
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Quote:
What gives you the motivation to just sit down and actually write all those chapters down in paper??
motivation? Well, when I first read a tatu fanfic a couple months ago, I got inspired (also b/c i couldn't wait for new chapters, Lol), so I decided to write one myself. ((you, the writer, know who you are! I'm still waiting for a new chapter!))

And b/c I never finished a story longer than 10 pages, I wanted to prove that I CAN. My outline is useless since I'm so fickle. It gets changed all the time. This and that, you have no idea! I myself can't believe where it has lead me either. It's like adventure to me! I let my characters decide, and the story flows with them. THEY are the one that keep me sitting like a nerd in front of my computer! All I have to do is to type the story they told me. I can't stop until they're dead. LOL. j/k. of course, i get to decide their fate. ^_^ Playing God is fun sometimes.

Quote:
How do you keep enough attention to the writing that you actually finish a piece of a story??
I don't have to try to keep my attention to it. It has all my attention ... naturally. My story is me, and I am my story. Simple, but essential. How could I ever get bored with them? I *breathe* with my characters! And they keep me company. I can relate to all of them. When they're happy, I feel with them. When they suffer, I do, too. We are one. And they let me imagine, which is the most important thing to me. ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:28   #5
To Be Free?

First of all big thanks to you guys for replying . It helped me to *somewhat* sort out some bad habits I have and such. See, I have my imagination on overdrive pretty much all the time and I get a lot of ideas in my head without trying.(not relevant but as an example of my weird ideas I remember getting this idea for a product and 1 year later, this guy came up with the same thing and he ended up being a millionaire. Sad thing is, this has happened to me *twice* lol). Well anyways, I have the things written in my head, the plot is done and all but I cant write it down. Its just hard for me to sit down and write. Maybe because im lethargic by nature and I get distracted easily when im in that state of mind. . The fact I dont do things unless im under pressure keeps me down A LOT lol. Well whatever it may be, Ill try and get the first chapter done tomorrow and if im lucky Ill write a few more and keep it a goal to finish the story. Once again thanks!
Old 02-07-2003, 21:31   #6
Great to finally be back.

Send a message via AIM to Tranz
I would have to agree with rh2k....

This was my first time ever writing such story, lol a fanfic no less. When i first posted the first few chapters I was worried about the story flopping, becuz of all the other great stories and writer already here. But it turned out we did catch a few ppl's eyes, and the story just continued from there.

My first reason for writing this story was just to expirment, and see how it would come out. After reading a few fanfics, I like the idea of writing a story about ppl I am a big fan of.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:54   #7
To Be Free?

i appreaciate the different points of views that are shown from your answers and maybe some other writers would like to contribute as well.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:03   #8
Mujahedin

Send a message via ICQ to Dent
ehehhe there always a time u dont have nothing to do so thats when i start to plan my stories also i have difficult getting sleep so before i get sleep i think on whats going to happen on it. When i have the basis, i put it on paper. while iґm writing i add what i forgot to add on my planning ehehehe, or even take out what isnt necessary. Then when i think itґs ok, i share with the others and they give theirs opinions. Most of them like, so i continue the style, and if its ok with them, its perfect for me.

Cya

Dent
Old 04-07-2003, 09:46   #9
Harrumph.

Quote:
What gives you the motivation to just sit down and actually write all those chapters down in paper??
The motivation is mostly that I know I am doing what I want to do and what I will die doing. I sit down and just write. I have been rather angry at myself when I find out I couldn't write what I wanted to write because I had no time, and then I sit and type until I've got blisters on my fingers and my butt's plain on the chair.

Quote:
How do you keep enough attention to the writing that you actually finish a piece of a story??
Have I actually ended one? O_o

I try to keep enough attention to be a good writer because I HATE little details slipping. Like ages, or dates, or something. If there's something in which I am a neurotic sonnuva--, it's in writing. I enjoy a good written story: that why I almost never enjoy my own stuff.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:17   #10
To Be Free?

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
that why I almost never enjoy my own stuff.
which is the reason i never post shit up lol. im a perfectionist when it comes to writing

well im still taking mental notes on all the stuff and im glad to say i finished the first chapter....of a story that has been put on hold since march lmao.
ReplyPost New Thread