Mexico

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 17-03-2007, 04:41   #1
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by novayamodel View Post
I'm sorry... But I have to disagree with that.
Mexico is a very racist country. Now don't get offended. My father is Mexican and I've been living there for many years now. So I know how the people are in there.
I know that not all Mexicans are racist... But it seems the mayority is...

Like you said... white Mexicans, hate the
dark Mexicans and the Dark Mexicans hate the white Mexicans.
But they're also racist with other foreigners.
I've met a Russian guy... he doens't speak that much... He's always carrying with him a "Russian to English Dictionary... many Mexicans get close to me only to say things like "Russians are idiots..." or "Smells like Russian shit",(Geez.. what a way to start a coversation...), stuff like that... always making fun of him simply 'cause he doesn't understand Spanish. And yet people do not know him. And do not want to make the effort to get to know him.

There are lots of Chinese people as well, and boy, do the Mexicans hate them...
They're more terrible with them... I dunno why... but it seems they hate Chinese people with a passion... Saying things like "Chino cochino" (Wich translates as something as "filthy Chinese pig") ... When they talk, the Mexican openly make fun of them in their faces... Imitating them and sayin "what did you said? Reapeat again!". They scream at them, yell at them... It's sad...
"Speak Sapnish! this is Mexico! If you want to speak Chinese, go back to your filthy country."

I'm also been a victim of racism... from adults and teachers.
I was born in US but at the age of 13, I went to live and study in Mexico.
The teachers hated me, simply because I'm American.

I remember on my first day at Junior High, my History teacher, started to call out our names, but she didn't mention my name... I got close and said quietly... "Um... You forgot to mention me..."
She quickly snapped at me and said "You're American. How is that I know you're American? Because you're rude and selfish".

I felt terrible. And it was weird because that was the first time I've talked to her... So how was I rude and selfish?

Not only her... my art teacher hated me as well... Even though I draw nicely... I never got good grades because my teacher said she doesn't accept "American Art". Whatever that means...

And this goes on and on...
What part of Mexico did you go to?

Now you make me believe, that Mexicans are racist only in some places.
Because where im from (Durango, Mexico) There wasnt any racism.
I know in Mexico City they are like that. Just cause they live in the
capital of Mexico they think they are all that and all rich, but they suck.
Where my brother lives, there are alot of French and Asian.
I asked him about how they are treated and he said they are treated
like people. No racist comments said to them..or anything bad..
Do you look American?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 17-03-2007, 05:50   #2
Can You See Them Now?

What your race is shouldn't matter! I find it amazing when Mexicans come to America its a HUGE deal to refer to them as Mexicans and make comments about them, but whenever you're south of the border, you're allowed to call whomever you want whatever? That's not right.

Mexico is a country with many social problems that they severely need to workout.
Old 17-03-2007, 06:49   #3
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Mexico is a country with many social problems that they severely need to workout.
Yeah I have to agree with that. Drug smuggling across the boarder, illegal immigration, racsim... lots of problems with our southern neighbors.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 17-03-2007, 08:50   #4
<3 | Thinker

Send a message via MSN to Mary-sheccid Send a message via Skype™ to Mary-sheccid
I'm Mexican..

I feel very upset for what I pass to the boy who reports his story in Mexico.

I would like to know to that part of Mexico he came.

I sit very much respect and love for my country, and also for the rest of the world.
I am studying tourism and want to say to him that the first thing that we learn is to loving our similar ones in spite of our differences..
~~~~~~~~~~~
...:::...::..LeNα lα DuLcз Nзn∂, YuL¡∂ l∂ ¡nteNs∂ LLuv¡∂...::...:::...:::

"No pertenezco a ninguna parte, soy extranjera en el mundo" Isabel Allende

Ciertamente No se le para!.. No se le para! Ni se le parará jamás!
"Maldición del no se le para" Coming soon..
By: Mary-sheccid & Florsss
Old 17-03-2007, 19:04   #5
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_Lee_Rocks View Post
What part of Mexico did you go to?

Now you make me believe, that Mexicans are racist only in some places.
Because where im from (Durango, Mexico) There wasnt any racism.
I know in Mexico City they are like that. Just cause they live in the
capital of Mexico they think they are all that and all rich, but they suck.
Where my brother lives, there are alot of French and Asian.
I asked him about how they are treated and he said they are treated
like people. No racist comments said to them..or anything bad..
Do you look American?
I went to Tijuana.
And I know know not everyone is a racist.
I haven't gone to those places that you mentioned, but I'm sure they're gonna be different than dirty Tijuana.
Oh, and um, I don't look American... At least I don't think so... Many people think I'm Asian... dunno why.
Old 17-03-2007, 21:13   #6
Участник

im mexican

novoyamodel im so sorry that some mexicans treat so badly! you have put yourself to think as the Americans treat the Mexicans and all the Latins? very bad! they employ to them but low that exists, ok I understand that many are undocumented, and here have almost not seen that they are racist with dark mexican, however in the United States until have them separated by districts and if note very many difference when you go passing in a district of white Americans to dark americans, the truth I never have seen that the Mexicans treat bad the Americans, is but when I have had visits here in my house my parents and I we have treated it very well and thus. alomejor those that the Americans treat bad are those of lower class, because affluent people I do not believe that it treats them thus.
but they do not want Latin, I do not believe that the Americans want to make the work of the Mexicans and of darks americans

just giving my point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~
yulia

myspace
Old 17-03-2007, 21:27   #7
<3 | Thinker

Send a message via MSN to Mary-sheccid Send a message via Skype™ to Mary-sheccid
I support you marylovesyulia
Racism is everywhere..
~~~~~~~~~~~
...:::...::..LeNα lα DuLcз Nзn∂, YuL¡∂ l∂ ¡nteNs∂ LLuv¡∂...::...:::...:::

"No pertenezco a ninguna parte, soy extranjera en el mundo" Isabel Allende

Ciertamente No se le para!.. No se le para! Ni se le parará jamás!
"Maldición del no se le para" Coming soon..
By: Mary-sheccid & Florsss
Old 18-03-2007, 01:26   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
Yeah I have to agree with that. Drug smuggling across the boarder, illegal immigration, racsim... lots of problems with our southern neighbors.
BUT you have to remember its not just Mexicans who smuggle drugs and are illegal immigrants and racism...Just cause people from the southern countries use Mexico for that dont mean you have blame everything on Mexicans..I know you did not just point fingers at Mexicans, but still it kinda seems like you did. Being Mexican myself i've been a victim of racism because i look white. Most Mexicans think im white and start talking shit behind my back thinking i dont know spanish, but when i reply to them in spanish talking shit back, Nomas se quedan con el osico abierto los estupidos.
From what i know, i think Guatemala is the only problem, since they come illegaly to Mexico to work, just like Mexicans come to the U.S to work.
I dont see anything bad in comming illegaly. I dont see the point in having passport. Now i have to get passport to go to Mexico, even though i was born there.
I think its is kinda silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novayamodel View Post
I went to Tijuana.
And I know know not everyone is a racist.
I haven't gone to those places that you mentioned, but I'm sure they're gonna be different than dirty Tijuana.
Oh, and um, I don't look American... At least I don't think so... Many people think I'm Asian... dunno why.
Well are you white complected or not?
Dont worry about looking asian, Mexicans come from Asia.
Well at least those who still have native blood in them.
Tijuana is full of stupid Mexicans..just like el D.F
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 18-03-2007, 02:55   #9
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
I dont see the point in having passport.
Because this is America and that is Mexico. They are not the same country, and you should not be allowed into our country unless you have LEGAL access. I don't care if you're the most loved person in the world, you need a visa to visit any country that requires one, and it should stay that way.

And native Mexicans did NOT come from Asia. The "Dark" mexicans, are either the equivelant of a Native American or a Native American - Spaniard mix.
Old 18-03-2007, 03:47   #10
The Dream is Over, :~(

Well most, if not all, of the Indigenous Peoples of the Americas did come from Asia... about 10,000 to 20,000 years ago.
I get your point though, it shouldn't be relevant to this.
Old 18-03-2007, 04:04   #11
¤Adr¥an¥to!¤

Send a message via MSN to -Adruz-
Quote:
Look around and you'll see that your country has social problems too. I'm living with a boy from the USA (I won't say "America" cuz you're not the only ones from this continent) and he confirm that.

Quote:
From what i know, i think Guatemala is the only problem, since they come illegaly to Mexico to work, just like Mexicans come to the U.S to work.
Like bolivians who come to my country
~~~~~~~~~~~
-Adruz- | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ dokyspam@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by -Adruz-; 18-03-2007 at 17:27.
Old 18-03-2007, 04:07   #12

Quote:
Because this is America and that is Mexico. They are not the same country, and you should not be allowed into our country unless you have LEGAL access. I don't care if you're the most loved person in the world, you need a visa to visit any country that requires one, and it should stay that way.

And native Mexicans did NOT come from Asia. The "Dark" mexicans, are either the equivelant of a Native American or a Native American - Spaniard mix.
Mexico is part of America...Be more specific next time.
Please dont act like its just your country...

Native Americans = Asians
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 18-03-2007, 04:51   #13

Quote:
Native Americans = Asians
Whoa, that's a little too generalized. Amerindians are not Asian, they descended from Asians at least 10,000 years ago, at least. They are not the same. They don't even look the same, resemble at most but I'm just talking about the Inuit of Northern Canada and of Alaska of course, since they are the closest to the Bering Strait. I wouldn't apply that to other Amerindians though.

A lot of things can and has happened in 10,000 years you know. They have been here longer than the amount of years that any of the world religions have existed combined, save for Hinduism. I mean, look at how different Europe is to the colonial Americas and that's only a 500-600 hundred year time span.

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 18-03-2007 at 05:04.
Old 18-03-2007, 04:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
Whoa, that's a little too generalized. Amerindians are not Asian, they descended from Asians at least 10,000 years ago, at least. They are not the same. They don't even look the same, slightly resemble at most and I'm just talking about the Inuit of Northern Canada.

A lot of things can and has happened in 10,000 years you know. They have been here longer than the amount of years that any of the world religions have existed combined, save for Hinduism. I mean, look at how different Europe is to the colonial Americas and that's only a 500-600 hundred year time span.
Let me do some research, and apologize if i was wrong.
But untill then i guess its that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 18-03-2007, 05:28   #15

Quote:
Let me do some research, and apologize if i was wrong.
But untill then i guess its that way.
Oh you don't have to apologize, it's not like you've offended anyone.
I mean, it's not like I'm Native or anything.

Anyhoo, here's a nice way to start; Amerindians.

On the subject of Mexico though, I have always wondered how Mexican/Canadian relations are like, it kinda sucks that our only link is through the States really. It seems like we would have nothing to do with one another without them, IMHO.
Old 18-03-2007, 05:47   #16
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Adruz- View Post
Look around and you'll see that your country has social problems too. I'm living with a boy from the USA (I won't say "American" cuz you're not the only ones from this continent) and he confirm that.

Like bolivians who come to my country

America does not have social problems anywhere near the magnitude AmyLeeRocks is talking about. Not to mention - My country is "The United States of America" - A NORTH AMERICAN is someone from N.A. = as in the continent. The same as someone who is Asian is not always chinese. An American - is someone from the U.S.A. That should be specific enough.

And yes - I do recognize that Native Americans are decendants of Asians - but they were no longer concidered asians by the time they migrated into parts of Mexico.

Quote:
Please dont act like its just your country...

Quote:
and you should not be allowed into our country
I said OUR. country.
Old 18-03-2007, 06:02   #17

Actually America refers to the entire Western Hemisphere; i.e. the Americas, so technically we are all Americans; Canadians, Peruvians, Mexicans, Jamaicans, etc.

I don't know why you guys had to call yourselves Americans, or Untied States of America, in the first place since the term is supposed to refer to everbody on this side of the Atlantic. That makes as much sense as only calling a person from the UAE, United Arab Emirates, an Arab; the term applies to all of Arabia. If you catch my drift.

Ah well, you guys are called Americans now, whatever. Most Canadians though never say America, we say the States or the US, I guess out of principle or just to annoy you guys.
Old 18-03-2007, 08:12   #18
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:

Ah well, you guys are called Americans now, whatever. Most Canadians though never say America, we say the States or the US, I guess out of principle or just to annoy you guys.
I don't call my country America, so it doesn't offend me. I usually call it the US. But Canadians rarely piss me off actually. Some of the coolest people I've ever met were from Canada and I've had pretty much just awesome experiences there, except for maybe the rudeness in Quebec, but I still had a blast while there. Of course that all might just be due to the fact that I grew up right on the Canadian boarder since I'm from Western New York. Plus, Western New York accents are quite similar to Ontario accents as well, except for maybe the Ah lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
For once we agree. I never use to care about immigration whether legal or illegal. However given the shitty ass economy and job market, illegal immigration is really starting to piss me off. People cross over at the Mexican boarder (I'm not in any way insinuating that they are all Mexican) and will work for sub-minimum wage and then American and legal residents don't get hired for jobs because the illegal aliens will work for dirt fucking cheap. It really has been getting under my skin lately. I say close the fucking boarder until the economy gets better and we stop out-sourcing all our good jobs to India.

Offtop:
feel free to ignore me also. I'm quite intoxicated at the moment, it being St. Patrick's Day and me being Irish lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 18-03-2007, 17:24   #19
¤Adr¥an¥to!¤

Send a message via MSN to -Adruz-
Quote:
Whoa, that's a little too generalized. Amerindians are not Asian, they descended from Asians at least 10,000 years ago, at least. They are not the same. They don't even look the same, resemble at most but I'm just talking about the Inuit of Northern Canada and of Alaska of course, since they are the closest to the Bering Strait. I wouldn't apply that to other Amerindians though..
Her theory is right. I've learned the same.

-------------

EDIT: I've just finished reading that lines who wrote novayamodel. (I didn't read them before).
People from the USA (like almost european people) don't like us (Latin american people). That's a fact so they do the same to us when we go there.
~~~~~~~~~~~
-Adruz- | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ dokyspam@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by -Adruz-; 18-03-2007 at 17:48.
Old 18-03-2007, 17:55   #20
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
I don't know why you guys had to call yourselves Americans, or Untied States of America, in the first place since the term is supposed to refer to everbody on this side of the Atlantic. That makes as much sense as only calling a person from the UAE, United Arab Emirates, an Arab; the term applies to all of Arabia. If you catch my drift.
Because we are a group of United States on the continent of North America. The majority of the world still refers to anyone from the USA as an American. There are two different terms in which the word American is classified for.

1. People from the U.S.A.
2. People from North America

The most common term however is the U.S.A.'s.

Quote:
People from the USA (like almost european people) don't like us (Latin american people). That's a fact so they do the same to us when we go there.
That is not true. I do not hate anybody based on their skin color - there are lots of other reasons to dislike someone. Pick somthing they can control if you're going to hate them, not their skin color.
ReplyPost New Thread