Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

sickness thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 21:58   #1
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
sickness thread

Ok so since I'm home sick and bored I thought i would pose a few question:

What is the worst and/or most annoying disease you've ever had?

How long did you have it for?

My worst is a toss up between mono a year ago this week and the whooping cough I have now. Apparently vaccines don't help you much when your 17 because they wear off and my immune system has sucked for a year so I catch anything and everything I'm exposed too.

Mono I had for 6 months and I'm told the whooping cough should be gone sometime next week. I can't wait to breath again. I shall never smoke a ciggarette again.

On the birght side, school does not want to see my face at all for the rest of the week and next week is Vacation. So friday I'm off to LA to infect the west coast! J/k I'm not contagious any more... I think

Ok I'm off to my bed now. Hope everyone is in better health than I am!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 10-02-2004, 23:23   #2
Just say maybe

The most serious condition I have ever had was one that developed very shortly after my birth. I reached a couple of weeks old, and my mother noticed that when she tried to feed me, I was rejecting the great bulk of it.

She went to see Dr. Craven. He said it was just a bug that was going around. He also told my mother not to fret so much.

A week passed. The problem persisted. I was weak and actually losing weight. And, by now, rejecting all milk. My mother went back to the doctor. Finally, at this point he decided I might have a real problem. I did. Pyloric stenosis, the narrowing of the passage between the stomach and small intestine.

The operation - a pyloromyotomy, since you ask - has left a pretty useful scar. It grew as I did, and is now some six centimetres across.

My only other really run in with the dark forces of medicine was when I developed a form of nephritis believed to have slipped away in Victorian times. I can't remember it's full name. It certainly wasn't at all serious, but I loved confounding received medical wisdom with a condition they thought didn't exist any more.

Anyway, essentially, I was allergic to a particular strain of cough. When I caught it, my body took the slightly curious decision to try and purge itself of all potassium. Painless enough, but I missed the Beaver Scout Summer Fкte on account of being kept in for observation one time. It occured three times, I was kept in hospital for a total of a week. I felt fine in myself each time, except for the irksome minor viruses that circle hospitals. And the bipolar kid two beds down who kept pestering me.

The upside was that I was put on a diet of just bananas and chocolate to increase my potassium levels.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 12-02-2004, 13:29   #3
Участник

I haven't had a serious situation before. But once I thought I was having a heart attack and went to hospital.
Old 12-02-2004, 23:24   #4
in my brain

Send a message via ICQ to XSpex
Tom Violence, that's exactly the same condition I developed when I was a baby, Pyloric stenosis, so I also have a scar on my belly

it is good to find just a few post on the 'sickness thread'
~~~~~~~~~~~
pain and suffering in various tempos
Old 13-02-2004, 07:28   #5
Harrumph.

Developed a weird pneumonic condition at 14, that thankfully went away with a two month treatment. The downside, it had developed over 4 months before it really got bad, so it made my mom think she was the worse mother in the world when she was told that if I had been taken to the doctor a week later, I would had needed to be taken to a hospital for more serious treatment. The upside, none: it definitely is no fun to feel like you're drowning on your own mucose.

The OTHER annoying sickness I got was something girls can relate to, but guys can't: ovary cysts.
Old 13-02-2004, 07:48   #6
Tempus Fugit

ovary cysts...sounds painful!

Anyway, whats the worst and/or most annoying disease i've ever had?

Welll..I once had a blood infection that made parts of my skin swell up all over my body. Not 'swell' as in my arm looked like a giant Bratwurst (sp?) but more.. imagine a mosquito bite and times the size by 500 and the itchyness by 7 000 000!!! I had to go to the emergency room and I still have scars on my knuckles and fingers from scratching, lol. Anyway, it turns out the infection shut down my immune system and all these diseases were attacking me. Gone now tho. Hooray! The End.
Old 16-02-2004, 14:50   #7
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

hmmm

sickness... is cancer counted hmm.. i'll be okay after my operation i guess...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Есть надежда даже в безнадежных случаях

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 16-02-2004, 16:00   #8
winter days ...

mmm ive always been very sickly, so other than being in and out of hospitals for 6 operations from age 1 - 18 [eyes and knees, got some awesome scars ] the worst thing ive had is glandular fever [epstein barr virus / also called yuppy flu which is probably fitting considering what a closet yuppy i am hehe]

it knocked me for a six [cricket term] for about 3 or 4 months, and then it comes back every 6-8 months for another round ... and ive had it on and off for the last 4 years.

its also called the "kissing virus" since thats one way to get it. my brother [who is my doctor] of course called me a kissing slut heehee. but i know who i got it from since i only ever kissed my ex partner for all those years im a a chaste kissing slut mmmkay! [ok i WAS , does that count ?]

its very debilitating. you cant function. you are always tired, always fatigued, zero energy and very listless.

and i never quite know when im going to be hit by it again. but it always screws me over for a few months at a time before i recover.
ReplyPost New Thread