Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Yulia Volkova Solo Project

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 18-03-2009, 22:15   #1
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Joopy
Yulia Volkova Solo Project

yulialena21 has confessed that Yulia told that she is going to begin a solo career in the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulialena21
OH GOSH...well that was on of the things that yul told me when i was in LA...that she will be start a solo carrier...in USA...but i didnt want to believe
She told this when paparazzi.ru posted an article on Yulia going solo.
Quote:
Julia Volkova intends to withdraw from the group t.A.T.u.
After the international release of the album tATu and the movie "You and I", Julia Volkova leaves duo tATu and start her solo career in the U.S..
"While I was connected with the contract, the third album release and the film - said Julia - I have recorded several new tracks when I was in LA from Lady Gaga for her solo album, release of my records is scheduled for spring 2010."
Source: http://www.paparazzi.ru/blogs/posts/149307.html

Old 18-03-2009, 22:58   #2
¡Viva La Lena!

No surprising , at least for me, I had some info about it, but I was hoping that yuia change her mind as always, that`s why all this non activity and self boycot from her part, seriusly a solo career in the USA would BE a FAILURE, isnt the smartest thing to start in Russia.
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous

Old 18-03-2009, 23:11   #3
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiorE View Post
seriusly a solo career in the USA would BE a FAILURE,
I think a solo career in the US would be a huge success. I’m surprised some tatu fans don’t understand what we have in Yulia.

Old 18-03-2009, 23:41   #4
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
I think a solo career in the US would be a huge success. I’m surprised some tatu fans don’t understand what we have in Yulia.
I agree. Female solo artists now are hugely popular in the US. I think it would be a good move for her to go solo.

Old 18-03-2009, 23:52   #5
¡Viva La Lena!

Quote:
what we have so far from yulia is
1. fake lips
2. NOT working singer
3. lies
4. excuses
5. she easily changes her mind as she changes her underwears.
5. a rich hubby to satisfy her infatuations.

oh yes her pontential and hard work status will be really apreciated in the biggest market in the world.Not to mention her PERFECT english Knowledge
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous

Last edited by FiorE; 19-03-2009 at 02:56.

Old 18-03-2009, 23:59   #6
pie crust

Maybe she doesn't work hard on Tatu because she doesn't want to be in Tatu? I'm sure if a solo career is what she truly wants, she will work on it.

I say good for her. Why waste time on a project like Tatu, which is doomed to fail anyway?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 19-03-2009, 00:24   #7
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Joopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
I say good for her. Why waste time on a project like Tatu, which is doomed to fail anyway?
Word!

Old 19-03-2009, 04:12   #8
pie crust

Joopy, danke

I checked the official forum, and apparently the girl who confirmed that she had heard this from Yulia, has more news? Share all! I want to hear all of that juicy gossip!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-03-2009, 05:00   #9
Участник

I can't see her as a solo artist (especially in the U.S.)... People would probs make fun of her massive vagina looking lips.

Anyways, I hope she flops and crawls back to t.A.T.u. with her tail between her legs.

Old 19-03-2009, 05:10   #10
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
our logic is not logical.

Yulia needs to do significant work on her English if this is the case. She cannot get anywhere with what she currently has going for her speaking and writing skills.

But, it does make sense why she was in the U.S. The GaGa part is interesting too! If this is true, I wish her success and love. I'll support her.

Old 19-03-2009, 05:14   #11
pie crust

I don't think she'd be taken seriously as an artist. There is massive competition, and I think people wouldn't be able to look past the fact that she was in Tatu. I know there are solo artists who made it big after leaving their band, but somehow I doubt Yulia will be one of them, just my opinion. Plus, from what I've seen on other forums who are mostly about American stars, Tatu are always ridiculed and I find it hard to believe people will see past that image.

Another thing; I think being a female star in the US and competing with the other pop stars means altering your image to look like them, and become sort of generic (is that the right word?) which would be sad because Tatu always had something unique I think.

Buuuut we shalll see... I doubt she'd be as successful as she probably wants to be, but let's hope she'll make it big, and most importantly, reach her own personal goals. If she wants to go solo then great for her. Maybe she will be able to create something of her own instead of having to deal with shit management and a band that is dead anyway. Go Yulia
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-03-2009, 06:30   #12
Chun ruk ter!

While this is interesting... I'll have to agree. Right now, I really can't imagine Yulia actually being taken seriously with a solo career. Especially in the US Pop industry. Over here, pop musicians constantly need to find something to keep the attention on them. Tatu really haven't done anything dramatically "fresh" for over 4 years. To me, they're just two girls singing and are handed decent music and promotional videos every once in a while. They've caught barely anyone's attention besides the followers they already had. What would Yulia do as a single artist? How would she sell and who would she target as her audience?

Tons of famous artists from around the world have tried to breakthrough in the U.S. market... But despite having huge ongoing success within their boundaries, they don't make that big of a mark in the North American pop scene. They are lucky enough they're getting deals there in the first place. Compared to Yulia, I don't think she could make it, looking at the "success" Tatu have together lately. She'll probably be viewed as a desperate has-been, unfortunately.

Yulia probably has a lot in store that we haven't seen, but until she proves that, my predictions remain limited. :|
I mean, at least staying within Europe's music boundaries or the independent music scene would be a bit more realistic.

Offtop:
P.S. QueenBee your avatar omfg
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 19-03-2009 at 06:41.

Old 19-03-2009, 08:22   #13
So Starstruck

I think she would be taken seriously about 10 botox injections ago.

I'm not sure how a solo career would go for her. She lost her voice years ago and can never sing live successfully.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm addicted to a life of Material
I'm obsessively opposed to the Typical

Old 19-03-2009, 10:43   #14
pie crust

Offtop:
Quote:
P.S. QueenBee your avatar omfg
Isn't it yummy?!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-03-2009, 12:08   #15
Redhaired poet

I'd rather Lena'd have a solo career. She's hotter. I prefer to look at her on stage rather than at Yulia's huge lips.

Offtop:
Queenie, your ava rules! Where'd you get it?

Old 19-03-2009, 12:11   #16
pie crust

Offtop:
Quote:
Queenie, your ava rules! Where'd you get it?
Yay thank you! I made it
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-03-2009, 21:40   #17
Участник

she would need to learn english to become successful in the US

Old 19-03-2009, 21:54   #18
Trust no1

Yulia already knows English. She doesn't speak it very much because she is lazy and it's easier for her to get Lena to translate for her.

Old 19-03-2009, 22:04   #19
НАВСЕГДА

Yulia Volkova WILL NEVER BE Lady GaGa.

Old 19-03-2009, 22:49   #20
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
Yulia Volkova WILL NEVER BE Lady GaGa.

Thank you that you confirm this, a stone is falling from my heart!

The tatu project is stuck for a while now and I can't imagine that they get it running again with these people responsible for the group now. The question is - shall the girls do nothing, like the last few months and end the project this way, or should they move on? If this all is true, at least Yulya decided that she wants to do something. Even if her chances are not really great, doing nothing is the far worse way.

Closed ThreadPost New Thread