Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

::Opinions:: Homophobia, racism, etc.

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 23-11-2003, 21:47   #61
dirty white boy

Quote:
Oh, and I hope you were joking when you implied his comments
be disregarded because he's from South Africa.
A faulty comment - though Apartheid beliefs still exist in South
Africa, the case is NOT that the majority of Afrikaners harbor
white-supremacistic ideals. In fact, it's rather the opposite : a
more stable state of co-existence has begun to flourish in the
country among whites, blacks, and other ethnicities. Excusing
Sonix for stating his views just because he's an Afrikaner is
a misjudged deduction.

After reading several of the posts he made at this forum, it
seems that a tolerance against what he commented had been
established. Moderation should have stepped in - it wasn't as if
his expressing white supremacy was an isolated instance that
perhaps might have been overlooked.
Old 23-11-2003, 21:53   #62
My Waking Hour

Who cares about Sonix, he's from South Africa...is he of a Dutch descent -some apartheid follower - or just a dark boy who likes to show off? There are all sorts of "white supremacists", "homophobes" etc. who just like to show off on the internet. Who can tell? I for one, could register as "Aryan pride" and start posting crap on the forum.

I didn't even feel his presence on the forum, our paths never crossed.

Quote:
Oh, come on spyretto. This is a straight guy talking, and even I know the difference between eating and "eating" like she said. Jokes are jokes, and I found that quite amusing (besides, I definitely agree that "pancakes" is a gross misnomer - just look at TvA's current desktop). We all know there's a fair amount of homosexual people here, and we have to expect the unexpected.
No, I still don't understand what you're talking about, ypsidan04 "Pancakes" was a joke, "eating out" was a joke, "cannibalism" was a joke. If some people were offended so much by Fidget calling Miss Volkova's boobs "pancakes", I also feel kinda embarassed to read about 2 dozen sexual references and innuendos about Tatu every day.

I didn't read anywhere that tatysite.net is a "gay & lesbian" forum, it's a Tatu forum, and we don't even know if Tatu are lesbians. I pretty much doubt whether they are ( as much as one might be convinced that they are ). And all that has nothing to do with the fact that it's posted by gay people ( why would I care if you're straight or gay given the circumstances? ) it's just annoying to read it all the time ( not to mention repetitive and boring ). I'd say the same thing if it was posted by straight people, all the same. I'm not expecting people to stop, all I'm saying is that they're raising havoc for a minor misdemeanor. Concentrate on her "homophobic" comments instead.

Just to set the record straight.

I don't condone the way she put her views across, anyway. Maybe it was the heat of the moment. If gays and lesbians sicken her, it's her problem ( but maybe she's just an attention-seeker these days? just something else to ponder on )

Last edited by spyretto; 23-11-2003 at 22:05.
Old 23-11-2003, 22:15   #63

Ok.. Personally, I think someone who is offended by anything written or said is weak, and attached to humanity. Maybe it's because where I'm from, but I don't get how words can cause a person any emotional connection. People can say whatever they want, and if someone is offended by it, well then I'm better than them aren't I? Now I realise "governments" have organized things such as censorship and social views, which make you think certain things are bad. If you let the government influence you in any way unphysical, then you are unable to think for yourself and deserved it.
Old 23-11-2003, 22:21   #64
The Dream is Over, :~(

Goku... I'm speechless.
I have already use up all of my energy in my previous rant to say much now, trust me though you'll most probably be hearing from others.

That wasn't a smart thing to say.
Old 23-11-2003, 22:24   #65
My Waking Hour

I'd say this: let's mind our own lives, try to live as happily and trouble-free as possible, love the people we love, do the things we like to do and leave things like homophobia and racism behind. The past generations have struggled and paid in blood for us to enjoy all the priviledges that we enjoy. There's no need for more blood, and for something as inane and stupid as the "aryan race".
Old 23-11-2003, 22:43   #66
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Quote:
Originally posted by goku
Ok.. Personally, I think someone who is offended by anything written or said is weak, and attached to humanity. Maybe it's because where I'm from, but I don't get how words can cause a person any emotional connection. People can say whatever they want, and if someone is offended by it, well then I'm better than them aren't I? Now I realise "governments" have organized things such as censorship and social views, which make you think certain things are bad. If you let the government influence you in any way unphysical, then you are unable to think for yourself and deserved it.

i agree, but i dont think of it as weakness. if anyone is out to offend you, why give them that power? words intended to emotionally injure just don't get to me, most of the time. i don't get offended if someone says "gawd you're so butch" or "wow you're really femme" or "go back to your own country." it doesn't change me, it doesn't affect my life, so why should i be hurt by it? people who say that judge through a purely external perspective and the world doesn't function on everyone JUST making those assumptions. it's such closedminded bullshit. people who judge others based solely on the stereotyped image in their minds should open their eyes and realize that what makes the individual is biological, sociological, and circumstancial. [the last two having more influence because our genes are just the canvas on which things are painted, but the canvas varies from person to person. it's sets how people react and change, but even THAT is subject to change.]
it's an instance of people's narrow mindedness and ignorance that i want nothing to do with. however, if these people should want to change, i'll be right there.

as for the government, i view it has providing a structure for economic and sociologic control, which in this case is a good thing. it's there to provide certain ground rules while creating possibilities for freedom. and i won't get into the economic side, it doesn't apply here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 24-11-2003, 00:08   #67
pie crust

Quote:
Ok.. Personally, I think someone who is offended by anything written or said is weak, and attached to humanity.
I don't agree But I must say I have improved on this. I used to be very hurt by things said or written, but now things have gotten a little better. It all depends on who says it - if a girl in school tells me I have ugly hair, I don't pay attention, but if my mother tells me she doesn't love me - am I weak because I get hurt? Alot of people judge me because of what they have heard about me or my family. One of the men my grandmother married was jewish. I called him grandfather and loved him very much. Now suddenly half of the school thinks that I am jewish although I have absolutely no belief in any of the things jews believe in and no bloodbond with anyone jewish (even though it doesn't matter). It is not the religion in itself that bothers me, the thing that bothers me is that people look at me and think of me in a certain way because that's what they have heard. That is why it is good not to listen to things people say and create your own view instead. Being hurt by words - it can happen in my case. Words can kill, seriously. But I have grown stronger and do not pay attention anymore.

If words cannot hurt you - can they make you happy? If they can't hurt you - what is going to hurt you? Pain is a part of life. Happiness is a part of life. How do people express themselves? By talking, or writing. If I should not listen to peoples words or read peoples notes - how am I supposed to know what kind of a person this is? Alot of information lies in words - written or said. I will get hurt. We will all get hurt. Because it's part of life (but I have convinced myself I can destroy that part and ignore it but will it work?)

I mostly do not listen to what people say and think of me. Of course, if they think I am a nice person I get happy. If they want to hurt me with words they can go someplace else. I already know what it's like to be hurt and I will not allow it to happen again. At the end of the day their words have faded and they have most likely forgotten what they had said. And if they didn't forget it - it is because they feel bad and regret it.

Quote:
If you let the government influence you in any way unphysical, then you are unable to think for yourself and deserved it.
Yes. Yes. The government. I hate it. Today's youth is influenced by all this crap. Media and whatnot. Luckily I am one of the few(?) that can create my own point of view by looking at things the way they are, and not beliving in people's explenations of these things. I will believe it when I see it - and even then it can be fake. I will not let media affect me because it turns everything upside-down.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-11-2003, 00:54   #68
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
I don't condone the way she put her views across, anyway. Maybe it was the heat of the moment. If gays and lesbians sicken her, it's her problem
It was not the heat of the moment. She was arguing with a lesbian at that moment. She chose the words she knew would hurt the most. It was deliberate.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 24-11-2003, 00:59   #69
pie crust

Could somebody please explain something to me - because I think I misunderstood.

Did anyone get any warnings? And were these last warnings?

In the rules it says that it is forbidden to:

Quote:
To discriminate other members concerning religion, sexual orientation and other personal beliefs!
So why was this "ignored"? I still don't understand. The people in charge talked about it, sure. But since this user did not follow the rules, will it just be ignored like this? *Is quite confused*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-11-2003, 02:25   #70
dirty white boy

Quote:
- Personally, I think someone who is offended by anything
written or said is weak, and attached to humanity.
- but I don't get how words can cause a person any emotional
connection.
- well then I'm better than them aren't I?

I'm led to consider detailing the obvious superiority complex
you've developed inside yourself, but I'm at the same time
wary of being subsequently handed a warning for stating a
blatantly evident fact [even though, according to the
aforementioned quote, it shouldn't render any "emotional
connection" to what I'd actually be trying to say].

So instead, let me congratulate you on detaching yourself
from humanity's grip and rising above such trifle matters as
words, comments, discussions, and any other language-based
means of communication which might cause your nervous
system to react "emotionally". You evidently have transcended
to a level of idle indifference to this entire "humanity" thing
and should be admired for such an accomplishment.

Old 24-11-2003, 22:32   #71

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally posted by spyretto
I also feel kinda embarassed to read about 2 dozen sexual references and innuendos about Tatu every day.
I'm sorry I can't agree with you. But I respect your opinion.
Old 24-11-2003, 23:48   #72
My Waking Hour

Quote:
I'm sorry I can't agree with you. But I respect your opinion.
hehe, help yourselves. I was just stating my opinion. Sometimes some of the comments go to the other side and get offensive for the persons of Yulia and Lena, but if it satisfies you so be it.
Old 25-11-2003, 00:30   #73
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
We are talking about members of the forum of different ages, with different experiences and different backgrounds. We are a part of a society and certainly not living in a jungle by ourselves. We are here to communicate through words and exchange some thoughts and maybe learn something. It's a matter of "to give" and "to take" and telling everyone that a one should have his/her own head to think with is not why people are coming here. We all can speak of people or things in our lives that produced a certain impact on us and I'm sure there we can say "Oh, it changed my life to the better". Aren't we all learnng from each other?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
ReplyPost New Thread