Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

America is over the top

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:54   #1
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Amber: This thread was split from another thread which had gone off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrus
And what's so over the top and American about that?
No comment. You'd have top be non-American to understand what I mean. And yeah, I know you're not originally from America.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm

Last edited by haku; 10-01-2006 at 00:14.
Old 06-01-2006, 20:10   #2
viva la scientology!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
No comment. You'd have top be non-American to understand what I mean. And yeah, I know you're not originally from America.
you know, you make it sound like i'm not capable of understanding something because i'm American like it's some sort of limitation of handicap, but it's really not even worth discussing with someone like you. Maybe if you actually knew me, and if you could've explained yourself better, than we'd be on the same page about understanding. But since you've got this arrogant attitude, i really don't give a fuck.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 06-01-2006, 20:13   #3
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Offtop:
Welcome to the club.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

Old 07-01-2006, 01:33   #4
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
yeah seriously. as though being american is a handicap. it's not. you ppl are narrow minded.

Ooh ohh. there IS a song. Barbie girl. yeah that's the one. revoLUTIONIZED my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 07-01-2006, 01:41   #5
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
you ppl are narrow minded.
Indeed I am. But don't worry you're not American originally

Yeah, I'll shut up now
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 07-01-2006, 02:31   #6
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
Indeed I am. But don't worry you're not American originally

Yeah, I'll shut up now
Offtop:
Who IS?
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:38   #7
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Offtop:
oh how you guys contradict. so what do you refer to when you say "american"?
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 07-01-2006, 02:42   #8
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Offtop:
Who IS?
Offtop:
Anyone who was born & grew up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Offtop:
Offtop:
See above
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 07-01-2006, 02:56   #9
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Offtop:
Offtop:
I never made any definitions myself. I guess the most true Americans today would be descendants of people that came directly from the British Isles. They're quickly becoming a minority though.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 08-01-2006, 22:50   #10
viva la scientology!

Lux,
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:35   #11
kis$ it

well i grew up from age 5 in america. does that make me american? i am certainly not chinese in culture.

EDIT: freddie - you don't have to make up the definitions yourself, it's just that you're agreeing to ones that contradict each other. you say ppl who are american are..well, american. and then you say who really IS american. yeah. contradicting.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 09-01-2006, 12:56   #12
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
EDIT: freddie - you don't have to make up the definitions yourself, it's just that you're agreeing to ones that contradict each other. you say ppl who are american are..well, american. and then you say who really IS american. yeah. contradicting.
Offtop:
Naah. That's just you not reading what I REALLY wrote.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-01-2006, 19:09   #13
kis$ it

how can you decide what i read and didn't read? it's my interpretation. MINE. you have no control whatsoever over it, regardless of what you think. we've been over this, many times. enough with it.

Amber: Please post in normal size and color.

then why have options? just so we can post in exclamation of something the mods think is a positive response? please.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Last edited by Lux; 10-01-2006 at 02:17.
Old 09-01-2006, 19:37   #14
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Offtop:
I never made any definitions myself. I guess the most true Americans today would be descendants of people that came directly from the British Isles. They're quickly becoming a minority though.
Offtop:
Ultimately, it doesn't really matter which origin US citizens are from because even recent immigrants seem to absorb the American 'culture' pretty fast and exhibit the typical American traits: gun obsession, ultra patriotism, religious extremism, ultra capitalism, and will to rule the world and bomb everyone who disagrees.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 09-01-2006, 19:40   #15
Ice_Cream

Offtop:
Amber:
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-01-2006, 22:44   #16
viva la scientology!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
Offtop:
typical American traits: gun obsession, ultra patriotism, religious extremism, ultra capitalism, and will to rule the world and bomb everyone who disagrees.
haku I know you're more intelligent than this! If you're talking about the US government and a portion of its citizens, I'd agree. But every nation and place on Earth, even Europe, has its wackos and fuck-ups. And every place has its caring and intelligent people too, so if you're trying to sum up all Americans, you've really got it wrong. come on!
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 10-01-2006, 00:30   #17
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrus
If you're talking about the US government and a portion of its citizens, I'd agree. But every nation and place on Earth, even Europe, has its wackos and fuck-ups. And every place has its caring and intelligent people too, so if you're trying to sum up all Americans, you've really got it wrong. come on!
Well, maybe not all Americans, but a majority are what i said, otherwise the US would be a very different place.

Let's take gun obsession for example, the US is the only modern country where you can find gun stores in every town and city, there are even gun departments in supermarkets, and any dumbass can legally buy an automatic weapon in his neighborhood store. This is just insane. Regular citizens should not be allowed to own firearms, and this crazy situation only exist in the US where people are obsessed with guns.

This is what Rachel meant by 'over the top', the US always go too far in everything.

Allowing guns for hunting would be understandable (even though i am opposed to hunting), but when you walk in an American gun store, it's obvious that most guns are designed to kill humans, not game, do hunters (or regular citizens for that matter) really need shotguns or assault rifles? No. Only the police should be allowed to have firearms, that's how it works in Europe and we're doing fine with a thousand times less homicides than in the US.

And you can apply that 'over the top' thing to every domain, even something as banal as cars for examples, everybody need cars in modern countries, but American cars are different from any others, they are gigantic. Do Americans really need oversized SUVs that burn 10 more times petrol (and pollute) than an average European or Japanese car? Nope, it's over the top.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 10-01-2006, 00:34   #18
viva la scientology!

Yeah well this thread is too "over the top" for me. I can't believe it became such an issue. I'm not here to insult anyone's country or cultural background, but it's a shame that i'm kinda alone on that.

From a great African-American author, Zora Neale Hurston, you've "gotta go there to know there." Don't tell me what my country is or isn't when you're not even in it.

I'm out.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 10-01-2006, 00:53   #19
Harrumph.

I agree with Cirrus. I don't even like the US myself (for the mere reasons that my country provides them with cheap oil, sold them half it's own territory two centuries ago, and has had to assimilate their culture in order to actually go anywhere) but unlike some people with power in these forums, I'd rather not judge them without experiencing them myself.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:12   #20
no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
gun obsession, ultra patriotism, religious extremism, ultra capitalism, and will to rule the world and bomb everyone who disagrees.
well i know that describes this particular american born to an absolute 't' - oh yeah, gun rack in my closet, bible in my dresser drawer next to my bed, wasting away my money on abercrombie and hollister (haha) and waiting for our preemptive strike on Sea Land.... damn straight. :: PISSSH ::

i'm sorry, but we're not all from west virginia....
ReplyPost New Thread