Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Fanfic - 666

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 20:35   #381
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Uhaku...I've lost the link and the one from the beginning doesn't work anymore
Could you give it again please ? Thanks a lot .
Old 11-06-2005, 04:27   #382
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Sunny - That was ... beautiful... Thank u for liking my writing, and still remembering it till now. And I have you and sooz to thank for the details bits for 666! I so wish I could go back to those old times when I just wrote and not thinking about anything. No expectation I put on myself, etc. I give myself hell.

Nath - Awwwww. I would love to give u the link, but... my domain name has expired some times ago, they didn't even notified me! Now, I have no website or whatsoever. I'm really sorry!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 11-06-2005, 19:26   #383
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
uhaku, I can really relate to the feeling u r talking about now. It's been my curse for ages... trying to find perfection in something u do and always failing.. day after day.. week after week.. failing miserably and getting more and more frustrated with every day. And this fear of something u've done being not the best u could do is destructive. It leads to problems one better doesn't have. U know, I've been going to that Arts school for 5 damn years. I felt like I could draw... like I could fix all the mistakes and flaws I was seeing in works of others in my own piece of shit. Like I felt the perfect way but it never worked out in the end. And I began leaving my works half-done.. because it the only way to get close to perfection - leave space for improvement, leave urself moral right to think something special can come out in the end. And never letting this end happen... The feeling that last point is there and nothing else can be done was feeling like the death of what I was doing for me. Frustrating death as thought of how else it could be done would never leave me. I ended having lots of unfinished works in my room and ideas that never got chance to live. I even didn't come to the very last exam.. it wasn't exam even.. was the presentation of works done during last summer practice. I never came to that school to get my diploma.. I had no right to. It just had to be as unfinished as other things I've done there were. I wasn't something I could live with.

I've been trying myself in writing lol I got my stories and poems posted in local newspaper. I was getting applauses from people thinking I had something they didn't have. I hated those expectations they've put on me as my own were way higher and it seemed like they were happy with me writing real shit and were encouraging me to do it that way. Sometimes I find some of those writings in old notepads and copybooks. I try to read them and though I still can feel that nerve I had there, I feel ashamed for every damn word I wrote and throw them to the basket to never see them again. I got rid of most of those by now =)

But u know what's fucked up? Universal perfection just doesn't exist and most of things that are perfect, are not worth it. Dot (.) is perfect in it's simplicity. There's nothing so finishished and perfectly-shaped when it comes to writing. Whenever ur writing is longer than this one dot, it's not perfect already and will never be no matter how hard u try. And the longer, the more descriptive and detailed ur writing is, the more space for mistakes and misinterpretations left and the futher it is from perfection. Things are just like that. You can't change it. I mean.. we are all just lame humans, u know. If I said ur book was perfect, I would lie. I can swear that many would find places in it, descriptions of feelings they can't relate to. But it's meant to be this way. U can't fit everyone's expectations. U can't make a solid picture of the pieces of many different puzzles. Things just don't work this way. U can say u did see books and other things u thought were perfect. But how many other people didn't see what u saw there? And are u sure author is so keen on the result him/herself? May be u should stop trying to fit everyone's taste at the same time and just concentrate on ur own feelings and the way u see things. It doesn't really matter what me, nath, sooz, whoever on this forum would do in some situation. It's always about the character.. his/her way of living this life. And it's always about u, coz in the end.. ur character IS u.. reflected, inversed, modified but still u. So reading ur own writing is like looking in the mirror: not always flattering but nessesary to learn to live with. I don't really know, but may be real talent is abot that... ability to accept ur own imperfection and learning to live with that improoving, trying new ways but never looking back?

U should let it go. This book u wrote was good. It did touch the nerve of its readers and even if there were just one single word that made someone feel something.. it was worth it. U can go and change what u wrote now, u can be thinking of what u should write differently back then but u'll never get what u want. I'd be a different book with it's own flaws.. U did feel what u were writing. It wasn't writing for the sake of writing and any reader can see it. So for that particular moment it was right to write this way. U were on different moment of ur life and if u see things differently now, it doesn't mean what u did then doesn't have right to be. Ur readers are also each at there stage of life and they can relate to what u felt then and dont feel now. Leave it behind, stop thinking about how things should be, turn it to something u can look back and say proudly 'Yeah.. *I* did it. I wrote a book that made people feel'. U can't keep living with this all ur life unless u dont want to make 'How I was writing one book' book ur all-life work. U r too good for that, girl. Go on, put all the experience u have now into something else. It doesn't have to be writing even. U got this feeling of style. One just sees it by the way u made ur site look, by ur writing.. everything. It won't go away whatever u do. If u are fed up with writing now, try something else.. if u still feel u have something to say, go on and wtite another book. I really hope that '666' won't become the best book of ur life. But u did something worthy already, u let some of ur talent out.. it's just admirable for me personally. Now u should forget about expectations of others and just try to do ur best whatever u r doing. And I really wish u luck and envy ur talent I mean it.
Old 12-06-2005, 17:46   #384
Uhaku's alter ego

I never regretted writing ‘666’. I bared my soul for it. I loved it. Even though I feel differently about it now, it’s because I decided to publish it because I want to see my ego printed on papers. That I would have something to show my father, needing his approval. That’s what I regretted sometimes. Like I tainted my works, ruining it with just one silly, rushed emotion. But I got away with it because I know I’m imperfect as well as my works. I have done fucked up things, and there were black spots in ‘666’ also. It helped me cope with it so far.

Quote:
And I began leaving my works half-done.. because it the only way to get close to perfection - leave space for improvement, leave urself moral right to think something special can come out in the end. And never letting this end happen...
There is always a room to improve, but always end it even though you know that. The only thing you could do is taking the ideas for improvement with you to the next piece. Think of your life as a huge canvas, Sunny. The canvas is a collage of many different paintings u painted all through your life. Sure, the little paintings can be boring, fucked up, or beautiful, depending on your mood at the time. The collage of your life will never be finished until you die. That’s the only chance you’ll see all of it with your own eyes. And let God judge you with that collage. (I maybe a little off here! Forgive me! LOL!)

Quote:
I've been trying myself in writing lol I got my stories and poems posted in local newspaper. I was getting applauses from people thinking I had something they didn't have. I hated those expectations they've put on me as my own were way higher and it seemed like they were happy with me writing real shit and were encouraging me to do it that way.
Cool!!! You should be proud, Sunny! They were happy for you and there was no other reason but that they loved you. You made them proud.

I used to call ‘666’ a piece of shit, too. And you know what. I felt stupid afterwards because someone scolded at me (thru MSN) that I should never insult myself. She was right because I’ll never feel good if I can’t see myself in a positive light. What I do reflect myself, like you said. And I know now that I don’t wanna be ‘shit’.

Quote:
Dot (.) is perfect in it's simplicity. There's nothing so finishished and perfectly-shaped when it comes to writing. Whenever ur writing is longer than this one dot, it's not perfect already and will never be no matter how hard u try. And the longer, the more descriptive and detailed ur writing is, the more space for mistakes and misinterpretations left and the futher it is from perfection.
I love this metaphor, Sunny! Yes, writing can’t fit everyone’s taste. 666 was longer than a dot because I wasn’t afraid to fall. I had nothing to lose. Nobody ever thought I could do anything all my life. I didn’t even think I could finish anything either. But now it’s kinda different, and I’m just chicken out… I’m the biggest chicken around.

Quote:
U can say u did see books and other things u thought were perfect. But how many other people didn't see what u saw there?
It’s what art is for. There’s no mathematical equation for it. No rocket scientist can ever calculate how art can be perfect for everyone. That’s why I love art. It’s all about freedom, eh.

Quote:
I don't really know, but may be real talent is abot that... ability to accept ur own imperfection and learning to live with that improoving, trying new ways but never looking back?
I don’t believe talent will take anyone so far. I think talent needs perseverance, courage and passion to get where we want, even to realize our own imperfection takes courage to do it. I think looking back is okay to some extent. How could you see flaws when u don’t look back?

Quote:
Leave it behind, stop thinking about how things should be, turn it to something u can look back and say proudly 'Yeah.. *I* did it. I wrote a book that made people feel'.
The problem that always plagues my life is my inability to think proudly of myself. There’s always something bad I see. I’m a cynic. I feel small. Jesus!

Quote:
I really hope that '666' won't become the best book of ur life.
I’m touched. Thank you! Much!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 12-06-2005, 22:08   #385
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaku
I never regretted writing ‘666’. I bared my soul for it. I loved it. Even though I feel differently about it now, it’s because I decided to publish it because I want to see my ego printed on papers. That I would have something to show my father, needing his approval. That’s what I regretted sometimes. Like I tainted my works, ruining it with just one silly, rushed emotion. But I got away with it because I know I’m imperfect as well as my works. I have done fucked up things, and there were black spots in ‘666’ also. It helped me cope with it so far.
I wasn't talking about regretting doing something. I was talking about seeing things differently with every new day and getting more and more doubts that what u did could be done better even if it felt so right and true when u were writing it. And publishing ur work was a right way I believe. It's the best way for perfectionist to move on lol I mean without going back and changing changing changing untill u get to the point when u grow up so much, that even idea itself seems worthless and u see how u just wasted ur time on something that was right only once in ur life.. when u wrote it. And well.. writing is a public striptease, there's no way one can watch it videotaped without feeling bit ashamed and vulnerable.. even if that show was a pure art lol

Quote:
There is always a room to improve, but always end it even though you know that. The only thing you could do is taking the ideas for improvement with you to the next piece. Think of your life as a huge canvas, Sunny. The canvas is a collage of many different paintings u painted all through your life. Sure, the little paintings can be boring, fucked up, or beautiful, depending on your mood at the time. The collage of your life will never be finished until you die. That’s the only chance you’ll see all of it with your own eyes. And let God judge you with that collage. (I maybe a little off here! Forgive me! LOL!)
I think about it in the same way.. lol just well.. Im an atheist and notgiveashit-ist at the moment. I just do something when I feel like and then pretend its not mine. I look at it like it was done by someone else and I can always do better. And when I need, I feel happy with the fact I did something... not thinking about HOW i did it and how it COULD be done. Like if i was u, Id be taking it as 'oh, i wrote a book that more than one person liked, isnt me cool' and use at as self-ego booster giving me strength to go on. I've quitted painting anyway.. I went looking for new things and some of those I felt much comfortable with. I made mistakes, I screwed my own life at some point as many ppl would think, but Im happy with it. I just move on with the experienced I gained without giving myself hell for what I did. Im more thinking about what I WILL do.

Quote:
I don’t believe talent will take anyone so far. I think talent needs perseverance, courage and passion to get where we want, even to realize our own imperfection takes courage to do it. I think looking back is okay to some extent. How could you see flaws when u don’t look back?
U dont have to come back all the time to somethng u did to learn from ur own mistakes. U can just remember and try doing something new and better without thinking about ur past works all the time. There are more gifted people than we usually see. They have good ideas and ability to express themselves. But what they fail in is accepting themselves and all their 'talents' are useless as far as nothing comes out of them. This is what I meant.

Quote:
The problem that always plagues my life is my inability to think proudly of myself. There’s always something bad I see. I’m a cynic. I feel small. Jesus!
If one day u dont see something bad about urself, THEN u should get really worried. I mean lol u r good, we know that u r good. And we also know u can get better. Just forget about mistakes done and instead of thinking about how bad u were, try to actually become better in future. I guess its better this way.

Lol sorry for being messy.. what a day.. but well just
Old 14-06-2005, 18:42   #386
I'm a Dust Bunny!

To be flawed is to be human, to know that we are flawed is to be self-aware, to strive for perfection is to recognize self-improvement. ^_~

No one will ever be perfect, but trying to get there is where the fun is at, yo.

Your writing gets better all the time. The stories you come up with? Some similarities, maybe, but all very original.

The more you write, the more you refine, the more you find new ways to write and new ways to refine.

Or I can help you with that part sometimes too.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 19-06-2005, 14:37   #387
Uhaku's alter ego

Thank u Sunny for ur insight. Seriously, reading ur post made me worry about u
more than my own dilema. U r all serious, while I'm just a silly one, complaining.
May the force be with u! (Ok, enough starwars mania)

And thanks Ec, there will be a time when I need ur help to refine my writing.
And there will be so much work that u'll wish u never offered the service! LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

Old 03-08-2005, 17:02   #388
Uhaku's alter ego

TO WIN A FREE ‘666’ BOOK, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Because my friend mistakenly placed multiple orders of ‘666’, she was generous enough to give them to me for free. I have TWO hardcover of ‘666’ sitting on my shelf now I don’t know what to do with them. So I make some contest for the readers who CAN NOT get the book online to compete for these 2 hardcover books. I don’t care where you are in the world I will send it to you if you win the contest. The shipping cost is on me!

I know that several people outside of the US and UK have difficulty finding the book, so I just want to let everyone know that I want two HARDCORE fans of ‘666’, who cannot possibly get the books online, to win these from me. If you already own the book, or have a shot to get it online in the future without these prizes, but feel like participating just to show off how well you know the story, then be my guest! LOL!

The dateline to submit your answers is Oct 5, 2005. If you do know someone who is dying to get the book, you better tell them fast. I only got 2 books with me. Can’t afford more. LOL.

PM the answers to me (my tatu dot US or tatysite account) so you’ll feel safe that no one is stealing your insights. No email please, unless you’re desperate. LOL!

The first two who got the most points will win. I don’t care about your horrid English, so save the excuse and try to answer them!

FACTS: It’s been over a year since ‘666’ was finished, so you can go around and ask people for answers. You can cheat or beat the shit out of somebody for the answers I don’t care as long as I don’t know! Some of them may require some research, but that’s not so hard. (5 points each)

1. Which website was ‘666’ first hosted?
2. How long was ‘666’ supposed to be at first?
3. What was the real number of the cottage?
4. Which song from Manic Street Preachers was the inspiration of the story?
5. Where did L and Y have their first kiss?
6. What was the color of Lena’s panties at the audition?
7. Why did Lena move in with her father?
8. Who was Lena’s mother’s ‘pretty boy’?
9. What was Yulia’s part-time job?
10. What was Lena’s part-time job?
11. What did Mikhail do with the money he borrowed from Yulia?
12. Where was the first time Yulia admitted her love for Lena?
13. What was prior occupation of Mikhail?
14. Who was the friend who always ate Lena’s lunch?
15. What was the breaking point that drove L and Y apart for good?
16. Who gave the revolver to Lena?
17. What was the token of love between Mikhail and his lover?
18. Who took Y to a clinic to have an abortion?
19. Almost at the end of the story, what city L planned to move to?
20. Throw a wild guess here, people (or do some extensive research at tatysite)! How many editors, permanent and temporary, had edited ‘666’?

*Bonus question*: (10 points)

How many stories Uhaku (aka Sith) have written/started? Sequel counted as one. And we have the ‘search’ button for some reason! BTW, I have been to only 2 main tatu websites. *Gives a big hint* and *Walks off*

FUNS: Take your time to answer these. It is quite subjective. But rest assured that I’m not bias whose answers they are. I’m looking for constructive criticism from the answers. If you praise me for no reason, then I think you won’t win. So answer them true to yourself! (20 points each)

• What do you think the number ‘666’ stands for in this story?
• Which character in the story you identify with the most? Why?
• What scene was most memorable to you? Why?
• Quote a line (or more) from the story that you truly believed in. Why?
• If you were the author, what would you change in the story? Feel free to let your imagination run wild! I’m not easily offended!

HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

Old 03-08-2005, 21:57   #389
Gimme some sugar!

i had the whole story saved on my computer, but then my hard drive crashed and blah... :-/

without that i ain't no hard core fan, coz my memory pretty much sucks....
Old 20-08-2005, 08:08   #390
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
uhaku, check mine
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
Old 12-10-2005, 17:13   #391
Uhaku's alter ego

omg, i think i'm a late here for the deadline. Ok. It's official. Serbiantatu and Freakinsonnu won the books from me. Big applause to Serbian because she answered most questions right. Kudo to you. And FreakinSonnu, who answered most of the questions wrong, but cared enough to PM me. Just put the effort in PMing. You got it! It's easier than you thought.

And Febrika, dear, you already got the book! I knoooooow! Looool.

Now, the winners, PM me again for your addresses. I will be getting the book from my friend in a few weeks, i hope u guys can hold on until then!! Cheers to 666!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

Old 12-10-2005, 17:17   #392
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
uhaku, You still don't have the link for I read the book ?.......
Old 12-10-2005, 23:07   #393
Gimme some sugar!

i'm jealous! but i'll stalk serbiantatu until she gives me the book to read it!
Old 15-10-2005, 21:43   #394
MoonMate *27*

Send a message via MSN to serbiantatu
*doing happy dance* I won i won! I cant wait to read it! Thank You Lin for being so nice to give books!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
People Dont Change, They Just Get Older
Old 18-10-2005, 13:23   #395
Прохожий

*joining serbiantatus happy dance*
Old 20-10-2005, 05:25   #396
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemera
Cheers to 666!
::hold the glass:: cheers!

Icemera, but i dont have the hardcover one! 2 different things u know ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
ReplyPost New Thread