Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Signature Images

View Poll Results: Should We Be Able To Use Signature Banners?
Yes 13 52.00%
No 12 48.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:06   #21
Primetime Anchor

Talyubittu, We had this discussion between moderators not a long time ago and everyone voted against pictures in signatures. I guess there were reasons for that.

As for expressing yourself, there are a few threads with pictures on the forum and a whole section The Island of Arts where you can show us your work.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28   #22
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
Talyubittu, We had this discussion between moderators not a long time ago and everyone voted against pictures in signatures. I guess there were reasons for that.

As for expressing yourself, there are a few threads with pictures on the forum and a whole section The Island of Arts where you can show us your work.
True. And I respect the decision made, but I do have to point out that the island of arts section does recieve less views that most of the forum does. I for one, know I don't visit it often. It's easier to associate artwork with someone when their signature is recognized as theirs.

It seems a decision has been reached. Thank you for weighing in on z' matter.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:06   #23
Martian Eyes

I have my experience with tatugirls.de with their image tags and signature pics. If you want to follow a thread, it is really demanding. Messages containing less than a half dozen of words, smilies almost more than words, huge pictures in the messages and signatures expanding up to screen height. You completely lose your view, overlook messages and soon you get tired. So I read only very few threads there. If you want to talk/discuss, it's far better, if you don't have such frills. There is enough room for individuality with your personal area to the left and the (verbal) signature area at the bottom.

P.S.: If you are really creative, you can even make your signature pictures with "character art".
Old 04-05-2007, 18:24   #24
Just me...

Send a message via MSN to Kyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
We should have signatures instead of profile pictures.
I mean... if we can't have both...
But profile pics don't affect the appearance or loading speed of any pages other than your profile page...
Old 04-05-2007, 19:39   #25
Сидите на моем рту

Send a message via MSN to QueenOfLesbania Send a message via Skype™ to QueenOfLesbania
Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
everyone voted against pictures in signatures
thanks to everyone for voting against it
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!
Old 04-05-2007, 20:57   #26
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
P.S.: If you are really creative, you can even make your signature pictures with "character art".
Thats still not creating a t.A.T.u. related image or any type of image you want to create. If the images are regulated to where they are not to distracting or big, I honestly don't see the harm in using them. As long as the forum stays professional looking.
Old 04-05-2007, 21:14   #27
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
But looking at it from a..."Different' perspective, I guess it's kind of like a virtual style? You dress how you want to in reality, and on the net, nobody can see you, so you can express your personality through colors and images and such.
we're elegant and classy here.... no need to evoke any of the kitsch that comes with banners...

Quote:
Personally, I like displaying my work becuase I like it when people comment on it, its fun to see the reaction of someone towards something I've created. I'm not exactly sure why, but for some reason it does.
ohhh, do you need petting on the shoulder to feel good about yourself, baby.... ok... your banners are AWESOME!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 04-05-2007, 21:31   #28
Участник

I guess it's just diff. for those who have come from/spent a lot of time on a forum where signatures were allowed. Talyubittu and I are both from Fatal and signatures were a big thing there. Everyone could show off their creativity through their sigs, it's harder to do that in a 100x100 avatar. It also had a signature request thread where people would post pics, text, and colors they wanted in a sig and it would be made for them. And, yeah, everyone gave each other feedback on their signatures. Also, about people commenting on sigs, on fatal you couldn't find a thread where someone didn't respond to someones sig. It's not egotistical, or, as you said coolasfcuk "petting on the shoulder," it's just fun to get your work recognized . Everybody gave each other feedback, be it positive or negative. Comments on sigs actually helped a lot of people. When I started on fatal I sucked ass (ask Talyubittu) but now I consider myself pretty decent. It really helps when people can critique your work, especially if you really enjoy making sigs and you're trying to improve.

Also, I didn't think tatu.fatal looked "unprofessional." It was very fun for me. I also go to other forums who allow sigs and they are somewhat regulated so they look presentable. Some who are used to tatysite may think tatu.fatal looked bad but I'd rather have a fun, colorful, creative forum than a dull, "professional"-looking one. After all, this is only a forum, not a press conference. It should be about fun, anyways.

It's not gonna break me that this forum doesn't allow sigs, but I def. wouldnt complain if it did.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:44   #29
instant noodle

I guess this just isn´t a bohemian forum

And I seriously doubt that very many of the potential signature posters would be "developing artists" like you guys...
~~~~~~~~~~~
встань рядом, встань.
Old 05-05-2007, 13:45   #30
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
I have forums that have those big signatures. It seriosuly annoys me and makes me tired easily.

But at the same time I do understand people that want a bit more freedom to express themselves. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't mind using small graphic elements myself.

I don't see a bit problem here though. This forum does have all options needed to switch signatures or attached images off.

Another forum I often read does have sigs and I don't have any problems with it as they have strict rules regarding those sigs (amount of lines of text and images, image-size restricments). Plus they have that thread to discuss them that works like style police and they have a couple of popular signature artists that forumers feel honored with getting sigs from. They have quite a high average age of visitors though, which also helps of course but I wouldn't say tatysite is a kindergarten either.

So my vote is either 'yes but with limitations' or 'hell no no no never'
Old 05-05-2007, 16:27   #31
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
we're elegant and classy here.... no need to evoke any of the kitsch that comes with banners...
Totally agree Cools. Banners suck

Quote:
ohhh, do you need petting on the shoulder to feel good about yourself, baby.... ok... your banners are AWESOME!
oh that just made my day
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 05-05-2007, 21:06   #32
Участник

you guys are very very unnecessarily mean.
don't think you care, but i just thought you should know.
Old 05-05-2007, 21:47   #33
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
hmmm..well what else can we do...

Is this thread gonna close?
because i dont see a point in it still being opened
if the dicision has been made..a long time ago..

I believe the statements that Tim did should have
be said in a PM to whoever it conserns to.
But whatever floats your boat dude
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 05-05-2007, 22:08   #34
a kind of fresh madness

I think banners should be allowed. This is about the only messageboard I've ever been on which doesn't allow images in signatures.
Of course there would need to be a size limit. I hang around on one MCR forum and some people's signatures take up the entire fucking screen which is a pain in the arse to scroll through.
So yeah, banners should be allowed, but with a size limit.
But this forum - as most of us realised a long time ago - is not a democracy. So it really doesn't matter if the majority vote we should have banners. If the Mods don't want it then we won't get it. End of story.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 05-05-2007, 23:45   #35
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp View Post
But this forum - as most of us realised a long time ago - is not a democracy. So it really doesn't matter if the majority vote we should have banners. If the Mods don't want it then we won't get it. End of story.
my god, stop your moaning and look at the votes... so far more people do NOT want banners....like 30% to 60% so what's the point you are making?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 05-05-2007, 23:58   #36
no....

not like i post much on this forum, but one of the reasons i like to browse this forum more than others is because there aren't banners. all the pedestrian designs of other forums are really far too distracting and i find myself critiquing the banners and signatures more than reading the actual threads.
Old 06-05-2007, 00:02   #37
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
my god, stop your moaning and look at the votes... so far more people do NOT want banners....like 30% to 60% so what's the point you are making?
The point I'm making - if you would care to actually read my first post - is that even if the majority of people wanted banners, if the Mods disagreed with popular opinion then we still wouldn't be allowed them. Therefore a poll/vote is a total waste of time.
What the Mods want, the Mods get. End of story. I wasn't "moaning" - I was just stating a fact.
Besides, so far only 18 people have voted. There are hundreds of members on this forum - are 18 votes really a true representation of the views of the members?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 06-05-2007, 00:05   #38
pie crust

I wouldn't really say mods, rather admins.
You know, the people who rule this site.
I think if everyone really wanted banners, you'd get banners - but as you can see, many agree that it's unnecessary. And it makes the forum unique. So quit whining 'cause it ain't gonna happen
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 06-05-2007, 00:09   #39
a kind of fresh madness

I just fucking looooooooooove that as soon as I post anything it's automatically classed as "whining" and "moaning".
Fuck this shit. I'm going back to the CD rips thread where people are less argumentative.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 06-05-2007, 00:29   #40
pie crust

Sweetie, I wasn't talking about you specifically - I meant everyone on here in general. And I also thought the smiley would prove that I wasn't being entirely serious about asking you to quit whining. But if you wanna "fuck this shit" and go to some other thread, then that's fine by me
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
ReplyPost New Thread