Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Women and men are genetically different.

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 02:11   #1
iMod

Lightbulb Women and men are genetically different.

I was reading a few articles on the Y chromosome (i needed to update my knowledge) and i discovered that the full sequencing of the Y chromosome in June of last year has allowed geneticists to determine that men and women are genetically much more different than previously thought.

Before the human genome was sequenced, scientists thought that men and women were almost genetically identical. It was thought that the Y chromosome (the male chromosome) had only one working gene whose only function was to trigger the hormones that transforms a female fetus (all fetuses are created female by default) into a male fetus.
Other than that, men and women were thought to be genetically identical, and their differences to be of hormonal origin.

The sequencing of the Y chromosome has revealed that this chromosome has in fact 78 working genes! It's much more than expected. [But it's still a lot less than other chromosomes, including the X chromosome, that have about 1000 working genes. The Y chromosome is full of decayed genes that no longer serve any purpose, the Y chromosome is indeed an oddity.]

The bottom line is: women and men have between 1 and 2 % of their genes that are different. That's a huge number, humans and chimpanzees also have between 1 and 2 % of their genes that are different.

A human female is therefore as different from a human male as she is from a female chimpanzee!

If you are interested you can read this short and easily understandable article:
http://www.txtwriter.com/Onscience/A...hromosome.html

This one is from the people who have sequenced the Y chromosome, more technical but interesting:
http://www.scienceblog.com/community.../20033023.html
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 09-08-2004 at 03:28. Reason: spelling
Old 09-08-2004, 03:19   #2
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

Hmmm very interesting Haku thanx.. btw the 2nd article is like chinese to me
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Есть надежда даже в безнадежных случаях

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 09-08-2004, 03:34   #3

And that's supposed to be surprising?

What's kate gonna say..
Old 09-08-2004, 04:10   #4
no....

yeah, i have to admit, haku, when i read the title of this thread... i went "Well, Duh"...

should have called it "women and men are more genetically different than we thought"... though that's a bit lengthy

... it is interesting though, and it makes me think about some things :: hahahaha, i can't and won't say them here ::
Old 09-08-2004, 06:30   #5
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
A human female is therefore as different from a human male as she is from a female chimpanzee!
Very interesting. Amusing, really!

The question stands, why would God make the difference between a male and a female almost identical to the difference between a human and a champanzee?

goku, what did you expect me to say?
Old 09-08-2004, 07:28   #6
we shout

Thanks Haku

Hmm ....
Maybe this finally explains why God said the different between male and female, and make male more dominant .. so... there is a hall of mirror [ crystal palace ] ( which is what was confusing in the early research since they couldn't figure it out .. so they said its a wasteland ) in male that actually make them more complicated [sofisticated] then female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
The question stands, why would God make the difference between a male and a female almost identical to the difference between a human and a champanzee?
Kate... I think God just want to make it that way. And then maybe that also means that we are not identical to champanzee... will this cancel the human evolution theory? .... someday...
Old 09-08-2004, 07:43   #7
Участник

denial,
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial
will this cancel the human evolution theory? .... someday...
Cancel? What are you talking about? This supports the theory, if anything...
Old 09-08-2004, 09:10   #8
we shout

it is? LoL .. well sorry ... its english and its biology! I just got some idea from it.
Old 09-08-2004, 13:40   #9
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by denial
and make male more dominant .. so... there is a hall of mirror [ crystal palace ] ( which is what was confusing in the early research since they couldn't figure it out .. so they said its a wasteland ) in male that actually make them more complicated [sofisticated] then female.
Males are not more sophisticated than females, quite the contrary actually.

Humans are by default female, it's the natural status of the species, males are nothing more than a mutated female.

Women have 23 pairs of chromosomes, each packed with about 1000 genes. Chromosomes are in pairs as a "backup" system, if a chromosome has a defective gene, there is another one on the second chromosome of the pair.
Women's X chromosome is no different, it's a pair of X chromosomes.

Men are different. They only have 22 pairs of chromosomes, they don't have a pair of X chromosomes, instead they have an association of an X chromosome with a Y chromosome.
It's a disadvantage, if males have an error in their single X chromosome, it doesn't have a backup and can't be corrected.
The Y chromosome is also single, but every gene is duplicated inside the chomosome so it can swap genes with itself. This system works, but not as well as having a true pair of chromosomes, it is more prone to mutations and errors.
And the Y chromosome is indeed a wasteland, not as much as was thought but still. It has less than 100 working genes, that's very little compared to other chromosomes, and it is filled with decayed genes that don't do anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-08-2004, 14:36   #10
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
so this raises the question of, How come a bunch of people with decayed genes are running the world? Does anyone else see the irony in it?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 09-08-2004, 15:12   #11
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
so this raises the question of, How come a bunch of people with decayed genes are running the world? Does anyone else see the irony in it?
It is indeed ironic.

It's not been always like that though, human societies have been matriarchal for millions of years, women were in charge of the group. During all this time men worshipped women, everywhere on the planet humans were worshipping representations of rather curvy females as a symbol of fertility. The vagina itself was a subject of adoration because it was the source of life, vaginas are represented everywhere in primal societies. Caves were considered mystical places because they were like "vaginas of the earth" and this is why early humans were practicing rituals deep inside those caves.

All of this changed with civilization and men took over, they invented new religions where men were considered more important than females, they invented all sorts of reasons to limit the role of women in society to having and raising kids.
Women who were once all powerful in human groups were suddenly reduced to entertaining and reproductive objects.

Hopefully women will be able to retake their leading role in society in the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-08-2004, 17:09   #12
we shout

oh! LoL .. thanks Haku .. okay I will take time to re-read the two text again .. I thought it sounded like a new discovery which said that there are actually more to male Y chromosome then they were seen before .. when they couldn't figured out what they are (how they actually work) because its like stepping into a hall of mirror -- well I could imagine if I were to put in such situation .. will look very confusing .. LoL ..

Well about woman roles in religion ..I don't think its religion that change .. but its the culture .. or by human nature .. we always try to improve .. we argue than we decide ... you were right .. the religion adore the women and should thread them .. well back to what I learned .. the women job is just to love and care of her husband and children and looks pretty for her husband ..she must be sent to school to learn so she would be knowledgeable and would be able to teach her children.. all other house chores even cooking and washing should be done my male no matter how tired they are after came back from work .. but now .. where are all those gone? .. thus this make me thinks that God is actually fair .. while male are given more roles of leading and administration, women are to be treated like a queen of the house and to be beautiful and smart...

Well .. things changed now .. some where .. it was twisted .. and those are not even to imagine anymore .. if you don't cook and wash for your husband .. you are a bad wife .. I think starting from there is where women started to take more administration roles in life ...

..there was even at some point of time where they would buried a child alive if she wad born female.

And in many cultures around me .. it is a more happiness to the family when the new baby were born is male.. until later they decided that they want female baby because female are more softer and when they grow-up they take care of their elders... ( which is suppose to be male part by religion).. LoL

Well sometimes ago I spent time reading some provocative writing by muslim female writers about the issue of standard and even homosexuality ... they seems to be very knowledgeable.. it seems like there are always an escape point.. all those points and arguments again ... and somewhere out there .. someone decides....

Quote:
Hopefully women will be able to retake their leading role in society in the future.
and I wonder where will this lead us ... to the equality or war between sexes?

btw, I am not taking anything serious in this .. just spending my off day at tatysite ... mumbling about life... and its night already...
Old 09-08-2004, 17:12   #13
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
males are nothing more than a mutated female
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 09-08-2004, 20:38   #14
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishkash
A little cartoon to illustrate the point.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-08-2004, 20:42   #15
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
A little cartoon to illustrate the point.
LMAO! that was funny thanks haku. Nothing works better to break the monotony of long posts with a nice well placed sexy cartoon
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
ReplyPost New Thread