Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum of Russian Music General Forum of Russian Music

Serebro

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 13-05-2007, 12:59   #1
Call Me Stefan!

Talking Serebro

Discussion about Serebro - new Russian group.
They were this year's Russian entry for ESC with song "Song Nr. 1" and they were 3rd.
The members of the group are Marina Lizorkina, Olya Serebkina, Elena Temnikova
Check them out at http://www.eurovision.tv/addons/medi...video/rus.html

Web-Page

http://www.elenatemnikova.com/site/serebro.htm

Serebro - Song Nr. 1 Lyrics

Five, four, three, two
Listen to me
All my girls get ready (Uh huh)
We'll make it easy (Uh uh)

When I catch you picking me
You better get a chill
Boy, you wanna take on me
'Cause I'm your killing pill

Can't you see the way I move
My dress, my flashy skin
Listen up, you know I got
The place you've never been

Slow down
Boy, you don't wanna let me down
You better stop, you know what
Oh, don't call me funny bunny
I'll blow your money, money
I'll get you to my bad ass spinning for you
Oh, I'll make it easy, honey
I'll take your money, yummy
I've got my bitches standing up next to me

So come and check it (Uh)
So come and check it
My bad ass spinning for you (Ow)

So come and check it
My bad ass spinning for you (Ow)

Keep on taking over you
It's kinda getting free
Baby boy you know I still
Got sexy freak in me

Gotta tease you nasty guy
So take it, don't be shy
Put your cherry on my cake
And taste my cherry pie

Slow down

Maybe I'll take you with me tonight
Maybe you'll show me another way
And find a reason for me to stay
But something I must tell you

Photos

http://escforever.com/gallery/2006/RUS1.jpg
http://escforever.com/gallery/2006/RUS2.jpg
http://www.eurovision.tv/images/stor...us_serebro.jpg
Old 13-05-2007, 14:25   #2
Участник

Thanks for the links Also more about them on here and more links at the bottom of the page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serebro

Also there myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/serebrosilver
~~~~~~~~~~~
One campaign
Old 15-05-2007, 08:28   #3
Psychic Vampire

Send a message via MSN to Fallen_Angel
Song #1(CDS)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1...ebrocdsyy7.jpg

O1. Serebro - Song #1 [Eurovision Mix]
Size: 2.73 MB
http://sharebee.com/a05b48b2

O2. Serebro - song #1 [Extented Video Mix]
Size: 3.44 MB
http://sharebee.com/10deb672

Offical music video.This is the video as HQ(57.9 Mb).
http://filepost.ru/preview/b/b0b1e9e...cc4e1eb0_0.jpg
http://filepost.ru/preview/b/b0b1e9e...cc4e1eb0_2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?1xgywkfxyky

Offical music video.This is the Black Version as HQ(31.0Mb).

http://www.elenatemnikova.com/Evro2007/Song1big.avi

Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Slow down
Old 15-05-2007, 09:52   #4
Can You See Them Now?

I enjoy the group but the song title? "Song #1" It sounds like they ripped it in windows media player and didn't change the title afterwards.
Old 17-05-2007, 02:38   #5
no....

Send a message via AIM to thegurgi Send a message via MSN to thegurgi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I enjoy the group but the song title?
well as shakespeare said, what's in a name? who really cares what it's called, titles are overrated anyway... and what were they gonna call it? "honey bunny?" "come on and check it?" ... those would all be retarted... haha.

someone posted the full cd with the 14 versions somewhere, it's amazing they could somehow make 14 versions of it... don't know if it's necessary, how about something new max? where's your usual brand of magic!?
Old 17-05-2007, 05:20   #6
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
well as shakespeare said, what's in a name? who really cares what it's called, titles are overrated anyway... and what were they gonna call it? "honey bunny?" "come on and check it?" ... those would all be retarted... haha.
A title is very important to an artist. They could have given it a simple title like "Check It" or something that isn't as ignorantly named as "Song #1"

Quote:
"honey bunny?"
The line is "Funny Bunny"
Old 17-05-2007, 06:24   #7
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Promo CD (13 tracks)
Cover [front]
Cover [back]
this is a promo-CD they gave out in Helsinki, or Song #1 Single, if you like. The names of the files are wrong in this package. Check the cover to get the right order

Version they performed at Eurovision is a Red one (so is ESC promo-video)
Extended version of the song and video is Red2 one, I believe.

Black version is the one they performed on MTV show 'Polniy Kontakt'.
Blue version is a mix with Glukoza's beats. Natasha just gave birth to a child recently and you can hear them congratulating her and doing this version specially for her.
Orange one is acapella with vocals alone.
Rest are in various styles. I personally like Pink one even if I find it hard to understnad why this dark sexy version is called this way

Title thing explanation. It's a part of the simplistic concept they came up with. The idea is to provide content in a very simple pack. When you look at the Single cover, you can get the idea. All versions have various colors applied to them, so you can say 'balck version' or 'white version' without all that 'super-duper extended club badaboom remix by xxx'. The second song on the album will be called 'Song #2', so you already know the titles of all songs on the future album The album itself will be probably called 'Album #1'. I bet they'd call themselves 'Unknown Artist' if they didn't like the name Serebro this much. You can like it or not but that's the game they play.

Official site of the band is: www.serebro.su
It opened recently and you won't find too much information there tho.

Greg, they have material for the album already. The problem is that they planned to release it in 2008 but this ESC thing makes them change those plans. Max just played a game of making different songs from original one showing all the possibilities. Some of those aren't exactly remixes. The vocal line was sang in a different way and couple of versions actually include male vocals. It was done for the promo-CD and it doesn't mean they don't have new stuff planned.

Oh and some cute pics from Helsinki:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arabella/495861797/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arabella/495830360/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wstryder/493337247/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wstryder/493316500/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wstryder/493317214/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wstryder/492412446/

P.S. Lena is hot

Last edited by la aurora; 18-05-2007 at 19:12.
Old 18-05-2007, 08:56   #8
no....

Send a message via AIM to thegurgi Send a message via MSN to thegurgi
Quote:
Originally Posted by la aurora View Post
Greg, they have material for the album already.
oh don't worry, i was being extremely facetious to see what response i'd get from the kid, and it was funny that he did almost exactly as i predicted (especially the corrected lyric, haha... oh how predictable, sorry... i just had to try (and i was drunk when i posted it)). "Titles are very important for an artist" bahh... tell that to Sigur Ros or almost any Printmaker...

I enjoy this whole nomenclature with their titles, it stripping things down to the basics, where are song is just a song... it's like that whole "Aristocrat" joke... where things have an extravagant title but don't really deserve it. Though i think they are doing that with their group name, i think "Untitled Group" would have been great too...

the thing about the remixes and versions i noticed was that some of them either seem to be pastiches of parodies or popular songs, not in their intrumentals but in the vocals, i remember thinking one was like nelly furtado's promiscous for example. I dunno if that was his intention but it really seems like he attempted something there.
Old 18-05-2007, 09:20   #9
Участник

thanks for the rapidshare link and the pics, la aurora.

And I agree; Lena is this group's Yulia! :P
Old 18-05-2007, 12:32   #10
Call Me Stefan!

OMG, I can't wait the album! I think it'll be great!
Thanks for info and pics, la aurora, you're lovely, and I'll give you R+!

Hey, but what about Marina and Olya? I heard that Marina was lead singer of "Formula". I dunno if Olya can sing. I hope all three of them will sing. I don't want them to be something like Pussycat Dolls.
Old 18-05-2007, 13:19   #11
ex-sunnich

Greg, I think we should not forget that we aren't talking about commercial single here. This CD was made for giving to interested professionals in Helsinki. I guess Max just took couple of styles he considers fashionable and showed they can do it. Like in 'you want Surgababes? here you are. rock for MTV kids? we can do this too' and so on. Plus he added couple of versions in styles he used for his previous projects (if I'm not mistaken, Blue version actually uses one of Glukoza's tracks, just vocals are different). And he also added a couple of versions that can be played in clubs. Looks like progmatic material made by one professional for other professionals. He didn't even count on big success I think. He made it quite clear that this project was meant for Asian market where there's much more space still.

crazy malchik
Both Marina and Olga have musical education and experience. Olga is professional dancer and she did back vocals for a while. Marina sang in Formula and recordered a couple of songs for soap opera here. I think the main reason it's Lena mostly in this song is that ESC is stressful and 2 other girls don't have much experience being on public. Being a producer I bet you'd put most of the work on someone you are confident with in this case. I heard them saying they do have other songs with girls sining more in earlier interviews and few days before the contest there was a report on them in Helsinki where Lena said 'I sing most of the song and I barely have enough breath for that, so I can't afford catching a cold'. She stressed 'this song' in that one, meaning it's not the case with all songs.

Last edited by la aurora; 18-05-2007 at 20:46.
Old 18-05-2007, 14:19   #12
Call Me Stefan!

OMG, la aurora, stop, you're making me the happiest man alive! (I love Serebro )Ok, don't stop, I wanna ask you one more thing: Olya looks so creepy. She has that cold look, not always but she's so creepy sometimes, and I get the feeling that she's so... like... coldhearted... Is she, is she? lol

Also, ppl, could someone upload songs one by one? I've downloaded them, they're great (I love the Silver version and Pink is awesome ) and so, I put the link on my blog, but I got comments from people who have slow connections, and they couldn't download it, so I erased the whole promo CD link! Will anybody be so good and help me and my inocent blog? lol
Old 18-05-2007, 14:50   #13
ex-sunnich

crazy malchik,
it's hard to get an idea on personalities of 2 other girls. It's easier with Lena as I remember her from 4 years ago and can see where this or that comes from while these 2 are looking bit pale at the moment due to being put next to much more emotionally open and bright Lena who has also got much more experience when it comes to public attention. I guess they'll learn to be stars, they just need some time

But from what I see now, no, I don't get impression on her being cold-hearted. I think some of it comes from her dancing career. She's been in it for 13 years and has some title actually meaning she was serious about that. You know what ballroom dancers are like... they have to keep that straight back all the time and look classy. Probably this is what gives you that impression. But at the moments she puts it down, she appears to be rather shy and soft. I'd say she's the least bitchy of 3 even.

And I'll see what I can do about the album. Will post links bit later probably
Old 18-05-2007, 15:20   #14
Call Me Stefan!

You don't have to help me with songs also, you helped me already a lot... But if you insist... lol

I'm trying to translate something... I think that the girls said that Marija is lesbian. Dunno. Wait. lol I'm dumb.

Quote:
Ну, к тебе и Сербия подкатывала.

СЕР. - Но Сербия - это женщина. И я - не лесбиянка.
I think this means: Oh, but Serbia also flirted with you.

Ser. - But Serbia - she's a dyke. And I - am not lesbian.

Quote:
УШ. – Она именно подкатывала?

СЕР. - Да, да. Катилась ко мне, катилась … но я попросила, чтобы эта дама прокатилась мимо меня. Я не хочу ни в коем случае оскорбить Сербию, потому что у меня очень много друзей из Сербии… И замечательная песня, и я рада за 1-ое место. Но вот конкретно к этой девушке из шкафа хотелось бы сказать, что мне было неприятно её внимание. И я не поняла этого формата общения.
She flirted good?

Ser. - Yes, yes. She tried with me, tried, but I asked, why does that lady try with me. I don't want to (I know the Serbian word, not English lol) Serbia in any case, because I have many friends form Serbia. And interesting song, and I'm glad it's 1st. But what I want to say about that girls concretly, is that her attention wasn't pleasant for me. And I didn't understand that format at all. lol

Quote:
УШ. – Она не пыталась тебя поцеловать?

СЕР. - Может быть это и было попыткой поцелуя, когда она проходя мимо сделал мне в ухо «ВУУУУУУУУУУУ!», очень близко, практически прикасаясь. А что я могла сказать? Несколько не самых приличных слов, которые я сейчас не хочу говорить.
Did she try to kiss you?

Ser. - Maybe it happened, but not real kiss, when she sat next to me, and told me into my ear "Vuuuuuuuu", really close, practicly (something) What could I say? There were not acceptable words, which I don't want to say now.

Quote:
УШ. – Но ты же видела, что она, какие только жесты не показывала, когда она выиграла.

СЕР. - Вы понимаете, вот в чем проблема, я не могу себе позволить сказать плохо про Сербию . у меня там друзья. Мне близка это страна. И поэтому мне очень тяжело от того, что мы не сошлись характерами непосредственно с солисткой.
But you also saw, that her, didn't show so much passion, when she danced?

You understand what's the problem, I can't allow myself to speak bad things about Serbia, I have friends there. That country is close to me. And I'm sorry because of that, our caracters didn't get along with the solo girl.

Ok, I'm stupid, but I'm trying, and trying! lol
Old 18-05-2007, 15:48   #15
ex-sunnich

crazy malchik
just saw they got tracks on the Temnikova's site. Check it out.

Translation of bits you quoted:
Quote:
Ну, к тебе и Сербия подкатывала.
СЕР. - Но Сербия - это женщина. И я - не лесбиянка.
Well, Serbian representative seemed to hit on you as well. (they talked about Turkish guy having a go on her before)
Lena: Yes, but Serbian representative was a woman and I'm not a lesbian.

Quote:
УШ. – Она именно подкатывала?
СЕР. - Да, да. Катилась ко мне, катилась … но я попросила, чтобы эта дама прокатилась мимо меня. Я не хочу ни в коем случае оскорбить Сербию, потому что у меня очень много друзей из Сербии… И замечательная песня, и я рада за 1-ое место. Но вот конкретно к этой девушке из шкафа хотелось бы сказать, что мне было неприятно её внимание. И я не поняла этого формата общения.
Was she hitting on you really?
Lena: Yeah, yeah.. hitting on me, hitting.. but I asked this lady to hit something else. I really don't want to sound offensive to Serbia because I have many friends from there... And the song is wonderful and I'm happy for them winning. But if we talk about this concrete girl in the closet, I have to say I wasn't pleased with attention I got from her. I just didn't understand this format of interaction.

Quote:
УШ. – Она не пыталась тебя поцеловать?
СЕР. - Может быть это и было попыткой поцелуя, когда она проходя мимо сделал мне в ухо «ВУУУУУУУУУУУ!», очень близко, практически прикасаясь. А что я могла сказать? Несколько не самых приличных слов, которые я сейчас не хочу говорить.
Dindn't she try to kiss you?
Lena: May be it was a kiss atempt, when she was passing me by she got really close, almost touching me and made a 'Wooooooo' into my ear. What could I say? A couple of not so polite words that I don't want to repeat now.

Quote:
УШ. – Но ты же видела, что она, какие только жесты не показывала, когда она выиграла.
СЕР. - Вы понимаете, вот в чем проблема, я не могу себе позволить сказать плохо про Сербию . у меня там друзья. Мне близка это страна. И поэтому мне очень тяжело от того, что мы не сошлись характерами непосредственно с солисткой.
But you saw her reaction when she won and all those guestures she made.
Lena: You see, the problem is that I really can't allow myself to say anything bad about Serbia. I have friends there. I feel attracted to this country. And that's why it's really upsetting for me that we didn't really get along with their singer.

That's pretty much it. Zhenschina is 'a woman' not 'a dyke' really
Old 18-05-2007, 18:07   #16
Call Me Stefan!

One R+!

* Going to change my fav. member list *
Old 18-05-2007, 19:47   #17
ex-sunnich

Yay! I made it into charts

Seems more than 2 titles were confused in the pack above, Silver one is a video actually, so here's the proper list with links to all songs (256kb/s)

01. Red (ESC Version)
02. Violet (Classic Instrumental)
03. Black (Rock, MTV Polniy Kontakt Version)
04. Pink (Dark sexy version with male vocals)
05. Green
06. Yellow
07. Sky Blue (Oriental)
08. Vinous (Bloodhound Gang-sih)
09. Grey (Timbaland-ish)
10. White
11. Blue (Serebro meets Glukoza)
12. Red2 (Extended Video Version)
13. Orange (Acapella)

Last edited by la aurora; 18-05-2007 at 20:23.
Old 18-05-2007, 19:57   #18
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
oh don't worry, i was being extremely facetious to see what response i'd get from the kid, and it was funny that he did almost exactly as i predicted (especially the corrected lyric, haha... oh how predictable, sorry... i just had to try (and i was drunk when i posted it)). "Titles are very important for an artist" bahh... tell that to Sigur Ros or almost any Printmaker...
You know you're right. Getting online and making a post for the sole purpose of getting a heated response from someone to irritate them makes me the "kid". Whats childish is me saying something like this in response...

- You make a number of posts that are virtually the same i.e. correcting people for various things and debating.

Offtop:
oh wait, thats true though

I don't understand the facination of getting online to "predict" how people react to your posts. Even if they are made facetiously.

Please don't use a cover up that I am childish when I correct your wrong lyrics or give an opinion that contrasts your own. It's not that big of a deal.

Thats the purpose of the forum, to discuss and inform people. If my dicussion of the group bothers you, perhaps you need a new hobbie other than photoshop, touring Europe, and "predicting" childish posts.

Quote:
I enjoy this whole nomenclature with their titles, it stripping things down to the basics, where are song is just a song... it's like that whole "Aristocrat" joke... where things have an extravagant title but don't really deserve it. Though i think they are doing that with their group name, i think "Untitled Group" would have been great too...
Really? I think it seems lazy. It's actually just something lazy IMO - that they hope people will over analyze and interpret as something artistic. Which is what has happened here.

- I also think it's rude that she's saying this Serbian woman was nothing other than a horny dyke basically.

_________

Last edited by Talyubittu; 18-05-2007 at 20:07.
Old 18-05-2007, 20:40   #19
ex-sunnich

Talyubittu,
it's really urs and Greg's business of course but the smart one is not the one that has the last word in an argument, the smart one is the first to stop it. Not giving advices or something, it's just random thoughts I've always been known having from time to time.

Serebro wasn't created yesterday. Fadeev really never tried to hide that he had some serious hopes on Lena and they've been trying to come up with project for her for long 3 years. The band itself is about 1 year old. I really think that even laziest person would find this time enough to come up with 10-15 titles. This project is obviously a dear one to Fadeev and if he goes for this concept, it means he wants to try different approach. Most of his project have a bit of experiemnting feeling about them and I don't see why it wouldn't be the case with this one.

Lena never said Serbian singer was a horny dyke. She said there was an accident and explained what happened exactly. I'm far from being homophobic.. very far actually but I must admit I wouldn't feel easy if someone did this to me. Marija is a nice singer and most likely a nice person but she does have that agressive butchiness in her and for girly girl it may seem being 'too much'. Political correctness was never Lena's strongest side, she grew up far from this big proper city and got used to openly expressing her feelings. But I've never really heard/seen her being rude for the sake of being rude, cool or scandalous.
Old 18-05-2007, 20:57   #20
Call Me Stefan!

Offtop:
Guys, I'm waiting someone gives la aurora rep points, because I can't give her rep points unless someone gives them too! Then I'll be able to award her for being so good. Aaaaah.
ReplyPost New Thread