Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

"Show me Love" movie

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 25-03-2003, 14:20   #1
ME AM RUSSIANO

Thumbs up "Show me Love" movie

just seen the movie "Show me love." you know, the swedish movie that was mentioned in some articles as the base ground for making TATU. now this movie has nothing to do with tatu and there are no even school skirts in it like mentioned in those articles.

but the point wasn't about TATU. i loved the movie i thought it was pritty sweet, especially the ending. you gotta have lots of curage to deside to finally go for it. damn i love these kind of movies with lesbians and gays and forbidden love themes and society unacceptance. and hey i;m straight, i just find it so curious. great movie!

i seen it on ShowCase on canadian tv at 3am. any canadians who wanna see it, i think there could be a rerun of it sometime again. they always do.

or rent it. cute movie

now all we need is to find a name of that other swedish movie with 2 russian prostitutes in it and with tatu song. anyone knows the name?
Old 25-03-2003, 15:51   #2
Новенький

Lucas Moodysson directed Show Me Love. His latest film is Lilja 4-ever.

I haven't seen it and I am not sure I dare. It has had fantastic reviews, but it seems to be really grim and disturbing.
Old 25-03-2003, 15:59   #3
ME AM RUSSIANO

sdfsdf

thx for info.

hey ppl. i just tried to search for it on kazaa but couldn't find it. does any one by chance, by this little chance, has a dvd ripp of it, or... on your computer? ppppppppplllllzzz pm me. i wanna watch it again
very touching movie
Old 25-03-2003, 17:48   #4
Участник

Lilja 4-ever is amazing (and as Dolfin said, grim and disturbing).. and it's not really about 2 prositutes, but about a girl who is forced to prositute herself. It hasn't been released on DVD yet even in Sweden. The DVD will probably be released in Scandinavian countries in May. The movie hasn't even premiered in the cinema in all countries, so it's really difficult (if not impossible) to find it at this moment.

To keep this a little bit on-topic. Show me Love actually was a huge inspiration for Tatu, and they said so themselves in past reliable articles and interviews in Sweden, not to mention that you can hear Yulia saying that "Show me love" was inspired by the movie during the Cerbul de Aur concert (kindly translated for us by Yul ).

It's NND which is used in Lilja 4-ever (when Lilja is sitting in a car and wants to leave her home country) and if I remember correctly they used the Hardrum remix in the movie, but on the soundtrack they strangely enough included the Flydream remix.
Old 25-03-2003, 18:05   #5
ME AM RUSSIANO

really?! now see...i haven't been a fan for a long time, i feel like a newborn baby right now

thx for huge amounts of info.

btw dling Lilya 4-ever off kazaa right now, someone must have snagged it.

spent 2 hours trying to find where to by "show me love" aka "Fucking Еmеl" but it's quite old and isn't sold or rented in canada anymore :/ there is one place but the price tag is 143$??!!! and its not in stock anyway.
dling swedish version right now, it's impossible to find the english one

Old 25-03-2003, 19:46   #6
Участник

I'm glad to be of help
So you actually found Lilja 4-ever on Kazaa? There are some circulating versions of Lilja 4-ever there, but when I've downloaded it, it always turns out to be another movie.

You can buy "Show me love" on Amazon.
Old 25-03-2003, 19:52   #7
censored and deleted!

Another movie tip:

My favourite coming-out teenager movie is "But I am a Cheerleader"!
Buy and watch it. It's amazing!
Only two words: Clea DuVall.
But now I'm really off-topic. *hidebehindthemonitor*
Old 25-03-2003, 21:43   #8
ME AM RUSSIANO

sdf

thank i will look in amazon !! i just would have hoped i would find something locally so no S&H

willow, i'm not a teenager, and i'm not coming out, coz i'm not gay

the name is very very familiar, perhaps i watched it when i was drunk or something or just long time ago when i had no clue what is tatu and didn't think about the issues of homosexuality and social repression on individuals.

hmm i think i'm not loved, the thread was moved
Old 26-03-2003, 02:38   #9
Caterfly's

Send a message via AIM to Bitty2002
Willow71, lol, I LOVE that movie. Man I was laughing my ass off. Well and it is very sweet. I also recommend it. And, it is weird...Clea DuVall...I wish she would wash her hair in the movie...and when I look at her sometimes I am like she really isn't that great looking...but god damn I find her hot!! Even way before I even thought I was maybe bi or gay, gotta love denial, I found her intriguing...lol
Old 30-03-2003, 16:29   #10
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
Willow71, I must disagree...Natasha! Rawr!
I've found her attractive since American Pie came out a few years ago. I loved her character, and wished she had more time on screen. Though the lesbian jokes in AP2 were funny between her and Sean William Scott. LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 31-03-2003, 12:52   #11
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Hehe... talking about Clea DuVall...the funny thing is that her fans have the same endless "...is she or isn't she..." discussions as we have over Tatu

I like her 'though. She has a special kind of beauty. She reminds me of Yulia in some ways (not psysicly, she just has that vibe...it's hard to explain)
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 31-03-2003, 15:14   #12
Участник

LOL! Somebody don't know "Show me love" movie still?

It's my favourite movie. It's cool!!!

Please visit: Show me love site by Thomas Stok
Old 01-04-2003, 03:01   #13
Tatuvian

Send a message via AIM to idioteque
Re: "Show me Love" movie

[quote]Originally posted by vic3k
just seen the movie "Show me love." you know, the swedish movie that was mentioned in some articles as the base ground for making TATU. now this movie has nothing to do with tatu and there are no even school skirts in it like mentioned in those articles.
[quote]

oh MAN i need to rent that movie!!! i heard about it a WHILE ago.....

i really love swedish foreign films! my favorite foreign film, infact, is "my life as a dog" ... anyone see it?

oh and btw if your liked show me love, you should check out this american movie "the incredible true adventures of two girls in love" ... cute movie.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:06   #14
Участник

Re: Re: "Show me Love" movie

Quote:
Originally posted by idioteque

i really love swedish foreign films! my favorite foreign film, infact, is "my life as a dog" ... anyone see it?
Have you link to the site about this movie?
Old 01-04-2003, 03:28   #15
Tatuvian

Send a message via AIM to idioteque
sorry i have no link .... but its on the net i'm sure ...
ReplyPost New Thread