Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

The Princess and the Pauper (Fanfic)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 17-07-2004, 17:48   #781
you'll need love

devastate: cause great destruction to
devastating: overwhelming

somewhere around that area, d My dictionary is a small English- English one so doesn't have that many words and descriptions in it.. hehe
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 17-07-2004, 17:59   #782
we shout

Thank you .. you are fast! hehehe

and mine said: lay waste, cause great destruction to.

its small too .. but its Oxford.. *rolleyes*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 17-07-2004, 18:03   #783
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by denial
its small too .. but its Oxford.. *rolleyes*
Hey mine is Oxford too.. "the Oxford popular dictionary". Mine is from 1993. Used to be my brothers. My dictionaries on the other hand are at my parents place. Weird how noone in the family has their own copies by the hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 17-07-2004, 18:21   #784
we shout

Mine is Little Oxford Dictionary - NEW - 1986 edition . LoL ..since I was at school .. you know what .. sometimes dictionary last for lifetime.

but I have another one - A4 size - 2 inchs thick and red .. Chambers - Encyclopedic English Dictionary .. but its there to make my book rack looks nice ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 18-07-2004, 02:26   #785
я хочу Лину столь плохо

Send a message via MSN to tatu_rocs
INTERESTING!!!
Old 18-07-2004, 18:17   #786
what can I say...

Glad you guys have good dictionaries! As for the song teeny it really takes me back to when oasis were a good band, I found the cd under my bed last week and when I played that song I just felt I had to include it. Bye for now love Vicky x

Chapter 46 part 3

The sterile smell of the waiting room made Lena feel sick to the pit of her stomach as she and Yulia waited for her name to be called for her appointment. All the while she linked her arm through Yulia’s as the hands on the clock ticked ominously by as the appointment became overdue.

“LENA KATINA.” She finally heard her name shouted by a small rounded woman with blood red cheeks and owl like eyes.

Lena stumbled to her feet and Yulia grabbed her around the waist to support her, she wasn’t such she could handle this. She had already seen too many people wearing expressions of doom that matched her own foreboding. How many of them were terminally ill and would die being just another statistic?

“My name’s Mrs Karpova. Which one of you is Lena?” The nurse asked as they approached.

“Me.” Lena said in a weak voice. “Can my girlfriend come in too?”

“That’s fine.” Mrs Karpova smiled kindly. “If you’d both like to follow me through.”

They followed her down a long corridor their shoes slipping on the heavily polished floor as they tried to keep up with her. Upon reaching the end of the corridor she led them into a small dingy room with a table and chairs on one side and a bed on the other.

They sat down on the uncomfortable orange pvc plastic chairs and waited as Mrs Karpova opened up a large file and thoughtfully leafed her way through various sheets of paper before loudly clicking her pen and starting to fill in one of the forms.

“Before we conduct the test Lena I’d just like you to answer a few routine questions if that’s alright.” She asked in a business like manner.
“Um, yeah sure.” Lena said gripping hold of Yulia’s hand even more tightly under the table.

“What prompted you to come and take this test today?” Mrs Karpova asked poised with her pen over the paper to take notes.

“My ex-boyfriend is HIV positive.”

The nurse started to scribble furiously “When was he diagnosed?” she asked looking up at Lena.

“Just recently I think, he said he was told he probably got it in December.”

Mrs Karpova frowned slightly without realising it. “Were you still together then?”

“Yes.”

How many sexual partners have you had in total?”

“Two.”

“Do you have oral sex, give and receive?” Mrs Karpova asked matter-of-factly.

“Yes, both.” Lena blushed, embarrassed by being asked such personal questions by someone who was old enough to be her mother.

“How about anal sex?”

“Once.” Lena bit her lip nervously. “With my ex boyfriend.” Yulia immediately dropped her hand and bowed her head so that Lena couldn’t see her eyes well up with tears.

“What kind of protection do you use while having sex?” The nurse continued to reel of the questions despite the fact that Lena’s attention had shifted to Yulia.

“Um, condoms, most of the time anyway.” Lena said noting how Yulia shook her head slightly in disbelief as Lena’s answers confirmed to her that there could only be one conclusion to the test, positive.

“Now for the test.” Mrs Karpova said putting down her pen.

“Can I just ask you a question first please?” Lena interrupted.

“Certainly.”

“If I have ‘it’ what are the chances I could have passed it onto Yulia?” She asked lightly touching Yulia on the shoulder.

“It’s very unlikely, I believe that there have been one or two cases but it’s rare.”

Lena felt slightly better for hearing this and smiled at the nurse in thanks. “That’s good to know.” Taking one look at Yulia face she could see she found no comfort in this, her features set in stone.

“Are you ready for the test now?”

“Yes.” Lena said trying to sound brave even though she could feel her legs begin to shake.

“We’re going to do what is called an EIA test.” Mrs Karpova explained. “And what I need from you today is a blood sample, which will be sent off to the lab to be tested.”

“When will I get the result?”

“In a week’s time.”

“A week!” Yulia exclaimed an impatient edge to her voice.

“Yes I’m sorry it’s the quickest we can do it.” Mrs Karpova eyed them both sympathetically, she knew from experience how difficult it was for people to wait. “Would you like to hop up on the bed over there Lena?”

Lena climbed up on the bed sitting anxiously as Mrs Karpova pulled on her latex gloves and prepared the needle to take her blood. As the nurse began to roll up the right hand sleeve of Lena’s t-shirt Yulia emerged on her left to once again hold her hand.

As the needle penetrated her veins Lena focused on Yulia’s face meeting her big, sad eyes. ‘I love you’ she mouthed to which Yulia smiled painfully at her as her emotions threatened to overwhelm her again.

“All done.” The nurse said wiping Lena’s arm with a cotton wool ball and covering the small hole she had made with a plaster.

“Thank you.” Lena said jumping down from the bed.

“You’re free to go now, but before you leave if you could make an appointment for next week at reception.”

“I will, thanks again.”

“You’re welcome dear, see you next week.”
Old 18-07-2004, 18:53   #787
you'll need love

while reading I got some lyrics stuck in my head. Which is weird cos I haven't even listened to this song for quite some time.. found out it was Madonna - You must Love Me (from Evita)

Where do we go from here?
This isn't where we intended to be
We had it all, you believed in me
I believed in you

Certainties disappear
What do we do for our dream to survive?
How do we keep all our passions alive,
As we used to do?

Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
Scared to confess what I'm feeling
Frightened you'll slip away

You must love me
You must love me

Why are you at my side?
How can I be any use to you now?
Give me a chance and I'll let you see how
Nothing has changed

You must love me

How the lyrics got in there I don't know.. but at least I located the cd again.. hehe. It's now playing.
Thank you for the update, vicky It's so sad *locates tissue*
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 18-07-2004, 22:34   #788
what can I say...

Aww you made me fill up! I looked all around for my evita cd but couldn't find it so i downloaded the song. I remember crying when i watched evita at the cinema when madonna was singing that song. She's probably my biggest hero (in case you hadn't noticed) so thanks teeny for picking that song out it fits so well.

Hopefully I will update in the week xxx
Old 18-07-2004, 22:39   #789
you'll need love

Glad you got to hear the song again in the end. I played the 2 cd's right after reading

I nearly cried in the cinema aswell.. had I been forced to speak my voice would have failed me for sure
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 18-07-2004, 22:52   #790
Gimme some sugar!

2 updates in a row. ha! somebody up there loves me

i'm wondering what's wrong with yulia? i don't think she's HIV positive. well... i might join that wait and see club

and i missed the dictionary discussion now i can't brag about mine

vicky, PLS have a nice week, k? coz u are killing us here!

Old 18-07-2004, 23:10   #791
what can I say...

I hope i have a nice week too, if it is anything like last week though i'm screwed, it felt double in length! Fingers crossed for more updates, I really want to get a lot down this week, there's a lot to get through...
Old 18-07-2004, 23:25   #792
Gimme some sugar!

*crosses fingers and toes*

ok, but first you have a nice week and then the updates

uhm... we can wait... we have lotsa patience. esp with your fic. right guys? we are not addicted at all...
Old 19-07-2004, 00:55   #793
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

The Hero wishes Vick a great week
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Есть надежда даже в безнадежных случаях

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 19-07-2004, 01:37   #794
we shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie Delite
*crosses fingers and toes*
very cool trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
nearly cried in the cinema aswell.. had I been forced to speak my voice would have failed me for sure
awwww....

Thanks for update Vicky!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 19-07-2004, 10:07   #795
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie Delite
uhm... we can wait... we have lotsa patience. esp with your fic. right guys? we are not addicted at all...
Not addicted at all *cough* Well I'm not *cough*
ok ok.. but I can wait one week.. I mean it's like real time torture. Then we'll know a bit of what the girls are going through
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 19-07-2004, 22:07   #796
what can I say...

Hey guys! An update for you. I'm really keen to know what you think about this one. Enjoy...

Chapter 46 part 4

The ground felt unsteady beneath her feet as she stood over the grave. Everyone looked right through her. They were oblivious to her. To her pain. She was no one. She didn’t matter. Her grief meant less than anyone else’s. She had only been Lena’s girlfriend.

Lena was gone and she was alone. There was nothing for her. She could only think of revenge. He was there, sneering at her, laughing at her, he had broken them again. He had taken her away and she had been powerless to stop it.

If only she had been able to make Lena see what he had been like, made her see he was no good for her, she could have saved her but she had kept quiet, stood back and watch Lena ruin her life, to kill it.

She read it again and again, the cruel etching on the metal plate piercing her heart again and again.

Elena Katina. 1984 – 2007. Dead. It couldn’t be true. She couldn’t be gone.

She fell to her knees clawing through the dirt, dragging herself along the ground, peering down at the coffin that contained her love. She couldn’t leave her down there alone, she would be cold so far down beneath the earth, she needed Yulia to keep her warm.

‘I’m here Lena. I’m here.’

She dropped down hard on the mahogany lid of the coffin trying hard to prise it open, but it was no use it was firmly sealed.

The sound of spades ploughing the ground swept over her, the damp soil raining down upon her head. The thorns of the rose she clutched in her left hand broke her skin staining her Claddagh ring.

Everything dissolved into a sea of red… ‘I love you Lena…’

Yulia awoke with a start gasping for breathe, the sweat trickling down her face. It hadn’t been real, she panted heavily, Lena was alive and sleeping soundly beside her. She hadn’t been taken away from her…not yet.

She remembered his sinister grin in her dream, he wasn’t sorry for what he had done to Lena, he never would be, unless someone made him…

Yulia gently kissed the cheek of her sleeping beauty and quietly slid out of bed and gathered her jeans and t-shirt off the floor. She had to do what she had to do…

“Yulia?” Lena called out as she heard someone pouring some cereal into a bowl in the kitchen.

“No hun, it’s only me.” Georgi replied with a smile.

“Hey, have you seen Yulia?” Lena said casually as she spoke to her cousin. She didn’t feel ready to tell him all what had happened within the past two days.

“Nah, I haven’t, she’s keeping an even lower profile than you.” He joked not realising how worried Lena was that Yulia had gone out without saying anything to her. Where could she be?

As Lena pondered Yulia’s whereabouts and nibbled on a slice of toast she didn’t notice that a large kitchen knife was missing from the wall…

Last edited by vicky7; 19-07-2004 at 22:18.
Old 19-07-2004, 22:17   #797
я хочу Лину столь плохо

Send a message via MSN to tatu_rocs
holy shit go yulia!!hahha lil fucker is goin to die
Old 19-07-2004, 22:22   #798
you'll need love

shit The knife better be somewhere safe, and that doesn't include any space near the jerk. Who knows what Yulia is up to.. she should think twice before doing something that would make her go to jail Though I could think of a lot of things to do to that guy..

First scene had me questioning for a little while. But figured it was a dream since I hope we won't be fast forwarding that much for sure..

Thank you for the update vicky.. No song popped into my head this time.. guess I'm too focused at the missing knife
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 19-07-2004, 23:55   #799
Gimme some sugar!

cut his balls off, but DON'T kill him!
Old 20-07-2004, 01:37   #800
we shout

OMG! Yulia going to be an assassin too!

Vicky.. I think your writing today a bit taste like tatu|noir.. I can't help it .. sorry.. I even feel like I was reading tatu|noir.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
ReplyPost New Thread