Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Avril Lavigne

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 16:54   #41
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
Sorry to bring the negativity into this thread, but I can't stand Avril Did anyone see the interview she did on that English show? It was not too long ago I think. She totally didn't get the English humour, and she wasn't even playing with it... The dude told her Venice smells like eggs, and she was like ".......", jeez Avril, lighten up
She is quite possibly the worst export this country has ever had. Say what you want about Celine Dion, at least she was a nice, classy, talented singer who never had to resort to bashing other singers to prove her self worth. I fucking love her!
Where the hell would this brat be without Britney? Her entire existence is owed to the fact that she is the anti-Britney despite the fact that she is as pre-packaged as her. Not to mention dumb, utterly vapid, and ridiculously immature.
Girl doesn't have enough personality to carry a conversation; this is probably the interview you're talking about, right?.

And her husband looks like an ugly kitten.
Old 07-04-2007, 17:29   #42
fancy topping

omg! this interview is a total failure
reward : the sense of humour of Avril Lavigne is dead/lost ...
I feel bad for the host of the show, seriously it's "horrible" to interview someone who doesn't answer you, interact with you or at least try to
woohoo! Keep on rockin' Avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
so true haha!
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]
Old 07-04-2007, 20:35   #43
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
She is quite possibly the worst export this country has ever had. Say what you want about Celine Dion, at least she was a nice, classy, talented singer who never had to resort to bashing other singers to prove her self worth. I fucking love her!
Where the hell would this brat be without Britney? Her entire existence is owed to the fact that she is the anti-Britney despite the fact that she is as pre-packaged as her. Not to mention dumb, utterly vapid, and ridiculously immature.
Girl doesn't have enough personality to carry a conversation; this is probably the interview you're talking about, right?.

Avril has stated over and over that the tabloids provided her Anti-Britney image, and that she has never had/said anything about Britney in public attention that would cause her harm.

And honestly - Avril Lavigne is talented. If you can like t.A.T.u.'s live signing and hate Avril Lavignes and say shes' not talented, you need to tune your ears up haha. Avril's a go getter in life, I don't think she should be hated for that. Shes intelligenet, and she does what SHE wants, not what the media expects, isn't that what an artist should do? Not play into gimmics?

Besides, most of us complain tatu do NOTHING on stage, so at least avril does some stuff haha .

And for the record - I thought the interview was really reallly really taken well on her part.

Half of those questions we're completely there to annoy her it seem'd like. And for those of you who don't know why she did NOT laugh at Venice joke - Avril's favorite country and favorite city in the world have been Venice, Italy for years and years, its where her husband proposed to her and why she has a special feeling toward it. If someone went up to me, and told me my home town smelled like Eggs, I'd be a little upset too, I'm sure a few of you would be as well if someone criticized your favorite city. I don't blame her for getting a bit upset, no one else got asked random questions like this, it wasn't an interview, it was a mocckery of her.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Could someone possibly upload her first two albums Let Go and Under My Skin, I lost them when I moved, and I don't know where they are

Also - the album "The Best Damn Thing" - is supposed to have 15 songs, so I guess someone forgot to include them in the RAR file lool. Thanks for it tho!

Quote:
Umm... That's not the new album, those are just some unreleased tracks that leaked a while ago. I've had them for at least a few months. Thanks anyway though I guess there are some people who don't have them yet.
Also - Could you possibly upload that again? I didn't get to it before it expired...

Last edited by Talyubittu; 07-04-2007 at 20:52.
Old 07-04-2007, 23:47   #44
pie crust

PowerPuff Grrl, yep, that's it. I love the end - "One-person party" LOL

Talyubittu, oh come on, he was obviously not being serious! "Everytime you cook eggs, you'll be reminded of when he proposed to you", no-one would say that and be serious, she needs to have some fun with it! Hasn't she complained that interviews are boring? This one is far from boring, it's different and a bit wacky!

Even when he asks her the usual questions; about inspiration for the song, her answers are short and sort of "Umm...", maybe that's why he started asking about eggs?

Quote:
and she does what SHE wants, not what the media expects
Avril has never done anything that makes her stand out, she's quite like Tatu actually when it comes to the image. "I won't wear skirts and skimpy outfits" and look at her now I thought she was a "sk8ter"? She's not unique, her voice is nothing special, she's not bringing anything new to the table... just like every other pop act out there.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 07-04-2007, 23:59   #45
fancy topping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
for those of you who don't know why she did NOT laugh at Venice joke - Avril's favorite country and favorite city in the world have been Venice, Italy for years and years, its where her husband proposed to her and why she has a special feeling toward it
ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the lame jokes show! woo-hoo

"-Avril, may I ask you why you like Italy so much?
-hummm huh uh, yeah that's it"

*applauses herself and rolls away from thread*

seriously, I wasn't aware that Venice was her fav' city (obviously, it's something Avril and I have in common) but she could have say that and explain how she feel about this city and so on
maybe she already did that a dozen of time, I don't know but I think it's like that when you're famous, interviews with the same questions all day long like "are you lesbians?" "no we're sisters who put their tongues into each other mouth"
~~~~~~~~~~~
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') "your love is enormous, it's lifting me up"

Anaïs | Pie crust's lover | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. | [11] |
[my fansite]
Old 08-04-2007, 00:22   #46
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Avril has never done anything that makes her stand out, she's quite like Tatu actually when it comes to the image. "I won't wear skirts and skimpy outfits" and look at her now I thought she was a "sk8ter"? She's not unique, her voice is nothing special, she's not bringing anything new to the table... just like every other pop act out there
She's lost many fans becuase of this too. And her reponse to this is that she's grown up. When she was younger, all she was around were guys. I just finnished watching a special from 2003 on her where she says "I wish I had a girl to talk to sometimes", because she's just always around guys. I can see how she could change into this "growing up" phaze. I used to be...ew...Punk. Like from when i was 12-14, and now I don't wear anything associated with punk type clothing. It's all preppy . It's easy to change becuase your mind starts thinking different or somthing influences you, and you can't predict the future, you can only say what you feel at the moment, which is what Avril did. I don't think she should be hated for being a girly girl, besdies, she still wears her skimpy and her punk clothing, shes just got blonde hair, shes by no way some catcholic school girl. I think she deserves a break.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:45   #47
Just me...

Send a message via MSN to Kyro
Quote:
Could someone possibly upload her first two albums Let Go and Under My Skin, I lost them when I moved, and I don't know where they are
Just remembered I uploaded them for a friend a while ago and the links are still working, so here:

Let Go
Under My Skin
B-sides and unreleased tracks
Old 08-04-2007, 04:40   #48
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
That interview was the worst ever..
poor Avril, she was embarrased. That guy
really sucks ass...they need to hire an American host.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 08-04-2007, 05:19   #49
Got the 12 Bar Acid Blues

Send a message via MSN to Sean Jon
Haha. I don't understand why people would back Avril on this. She meets new people all the time and she HAS to at least pretend that she is charismatic and actually does contain a sense of humor somewhere in that twig-figure of hers. That interviewer tried to liven things up and whether she thinks he is a dumb ass or not, SHE has to make herself look good. She came off as a bratty snob and is currently receiving a lot of deserved backlash for it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I never had to say goodbye
You must have known I wouldn't stay
While you were talking about our life
You killed the beauty of today

sean//new yorker//18
[[music][myspace]][[e-mail]]
So now who's gonna cry for you?
Old 08-04-2007, 07:48   #50
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Jon View Post
Haha. I don't understand why people would back Avril on this. She meets new people all the time and she HAS to at least pretend that she is charismatic and actually does contain a sense of humor somewhere in that twig-figure of hers. That interviewer tried to liven things up and whether she thinks he is a dumb ass or not, SHE has to make herself look good. She came off as a bratty snob and is currently receiving a lot of deserved backlash for it.
Her entire reason for appearing on the show was to promote her new single.

Personally - If I had been slaving away for a year in a studio - creating a new album since my last which was 3 years ago, I'd be quite annoyed if the most creative questions they could ask me were "Can you blow milk out your eyes". And I'd also be annoyed at someone making fun of my wedding city. At least she was not RUDE to him, she answered his questions. Maybe it's just me - but somthing like that would never happen in America. Our music TV is much different than that.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:05   #51
Участник

I don't know if these have been posted but her ins the germish version (german and english) and here is the Frenchlish version (french and english) kinda funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdWA...elated&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erQjj...elated&search=
Old 08-04-2007, 13:38   #52
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Girl doesn't have enough personality to carry a conversation

I don't like Avril much, that interviewer made her look positively cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 08-04-2007, 18:16   #53
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeich View Post
I don't know if these have been posted but her ins the germish version (german and english) and here is the Frenchlish version (french and english) kinda funny.

Girlfriend is supposed to be having major success in the UK. Can you confirm?
Old 08-04-2007, 18:52   #54
Got the 12 Bar Acid Blues

Send a message via MSN to Sean Jon
Quote:
Her entire reason for appearing on the show was to promote her new single.

Personally - If I had been slaving away for a year in a studio - creating a new album since my last which was 3 years ago, I'd be quite annoyed if the most creative questions they could ask me were "Can you blow milk out your eyes". And I'd also be annoyed at someone making fun of my wedding city. At least she was not RUDE to him, she answered his questions. Maybe it's just me - but somthing like that would never happen in America. Our music TV is much different than that.
I'm sorry, but your argument is laughable. She was out there for people to know that she has a new album and single out. She, therefore, needs people to LIKE her in order for others to buy her product. She needs to come off in a positive light so people can like her. Not all interviews are about the product and that is 100% fine. As long as she shows her face than people will know she's back. People will not be interested in supporting a stuck-up brat if she comes off the way she did in the interview again. There's no excuse.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I never had to say goodbye
You must have known I wouldn't stay
While you were talking about our life
You killed the beauty of today

sean//new yorker//18
[[music][myspace]][[e-mail]]
So now who's gonna cry for you?
Old 08-04-2007, 19:10   #55
Just me...

Send a message via MSN to Kyro
Quote:
Girlfriend is supposed to be having major success in the UK. Can you confirm?
It reached number 2 in the UK singles chart and from what I've seen the video has been played a lot on TV. I would say that's pretty successful
Old 08-04-2007, 19:26   #56
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeich View Post

LOL, her French is awful, i hope she doesn't intend to release that crap here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 08-04-2007, 19:41   #57
pie crust

Quote:
That guy
really sucks ass...they need to hire an American host.
I thought it was a British tv show? Why would they hire an American host?!

I thought the interviewer was fun, and I totally agree with you Sean Jon... not everything has to be 100% serious all the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 08-04-2007, 19:53   #58
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
I thought it was a British tv show? Why would they hire an American host?!
It doesnt matter, that guy really killed everything.
He ruined all the fun and all the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
LOL, her French is awful, i hope she doesn't intend to release that crap here.
very awful, she lacks pronounciation
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 09-04-2007, 02:03   #59
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Jon View Post
I'm sorry, but your argument is laughable. She was out there for people to know that she has a new album and single out. She, therefore, needs people to LIKE her in order for others to buy her product. She needs to come off in a positive light so people can like her. Not all interviews are about the product and that is 100% fine. As long as she shows her face than people will know she's back. People will not be interested in supporting a stuck-up brat if she comes off the way she did in the interview again. There's no excuse.
I'm guessing you're not an Avril fan? - If not you woulnd't understand it.

Avril is not the type of person who plays into somthing for another persons interest. Thats why some people shy away from her. She always responds how she feels, not how a lable or the media thinks she should, and thats not somthing I think she should have to hide if its how she really feals. If thats Avril - it's her. You can't be pissed that shes not some pop prodigy.

The Foreign versions of the songs btw were just for fun - at least give her some credit for adding a little culture to her album. It's for our entertainment haha, we don't need to rag on her for it. I think it's cool that she did them, even if they aren't exactly harmony to ones ears.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:13   #60
The Dream is Over, :~(

Oh please! Because we are not fans we therefore cannot possibly absorb the complex awesomeness that is Avril?
Well I'm guessing you're an Avril fan, obviously you wouldn't understand what with your adoration blinding you.

Avril is the end result of record labels realizing that the public was getting sick of Britney and needed something different. Her entire persona is composed of being the anti-Britney, she has bashed Britney without any lead up from any host and is only back pedaling now because she getting shit for it. She is the only person in the world that can make me side with Britney. Avril was never punk, rock, hard core, sk8er nor whatever the hell she say she is that is not country. She got her first big break dueting with Shania Twain, apparently her demo tapes were of her singing country and her first single Complicated sounds like a goddman country song, so yeah I can totally understand her image being unaffected. She says she "grew up" during her second album (which was admittedly far better than either third and first because she had Chantal Kreviazuk writing for her) but because that didn't sell well she has reverted back to her fake-ass "rebel" image and bitchiness, because... you know... she keeps it reals.

What she's says that has no girlfriends, please with pro-feminist, sister-loving songs like "Sk8er Boi" and "Girlfriend" she sounds like the type of woman who proudly says that they get along with boys moreso than with girls and you just know that the type of woman that says that are usually the biggest bitches on earth.

She tends to become "bored" when interviewers go off-script and start asking question that aren't prepared by her handlers. The fact that the questions and interviews are scripted is no big deal, everybody does it but people know how to improvise at an off-script question. She doesn't. Even with an awesome host and "safe" questions Avril can still come off as a bratty idiot and has the fakest smile on earth. Albiet she did not seem that way in her first album.

And for some one who is sooooo punk rawk, she's quite the conservative conformist.
ReplyPost New Thread