Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2010(Norway)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-05-2010, 22:42   #81
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Azerbaijan had the song.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 31-05-2010, 04:09   #82
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Not even an average song, not even an average singer, not even an average perfomance, but won. You may blame it on the poor taste of the 'European' people, who voted, but we have a 50% professionals' vote too, and the huge winning margin makes it hard to believe that artistical criteria played a major role in the 'professional' rating. I'm with you, Spy, this smells fishily like collusion or at least 'commercial' decision.

Funny to imagine the EBU officials to run from one participarting country to the other, asking whether they are willing or not to organize the next ESC and then incanting the juries to vote appropriately. So since the voting system has been changed to allow such manipulations, we may have always potent organizers in the future, but which country will put all it's efforts into a competitive song, if the winner is mediated beforehand? I hope it won't lower the quality of the competition, or was this year's poor overall artistical value already the adaption to the new 'climate'?

Just to remind you of the best of ESC 2010 - Alyosha rules!
That's the only explanation I can come up with, and I believe it's actually the "professionals" who propelled the song to victory and not so much the European televoters. This I base purely on the fact that everybody I speak to seems to dislike the song, yet the song won. I don't know the actual separate results of the televoting and jury voting but it'd be interesting if they were ever made public.
If it won because of the performance I'd say at least it was a worthy performance like it has happened a few times before in the past - but it wasn't about that either. There were a dozen performances on the night better than Lena Meyer's.
There are talks in Greece now about withdrawing from the contest altogether because of the surmounting costs, so it's a further indication that things are not what they seem. Imagine if countries like Armenia or Azerbaijan had left with the burden of organising it next year. They've created a real monster and no single country can bury the cost without consequence.
ReplyPost New Thread