Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 2)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-01-2007, 06:31   #21
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post

p.s. just to add more diversity comparison, since this is a gay-ish forum:

Where you live, people in same sex partnerships: score 56 where a score of 100 is the national AVERAGE.. you're like 50% below the AVERAGA! WOW http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...locIndex=12976

Where I live: score 479 http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...locIndex=10816

and you cant say that it's san francisco, it's the gayest, because look at providence, Ma, their score is: 2292 speak about gay town! then again, their diversity is limited, they dont have enough straight people LoL http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...?locIndex=3099
SEE... I told you Providence was the gayest city in the US!! SD guy... if you really want to see diversity come to my extremely over the top gay city. Hell come visit the entire state of Rhode Island, it's infested with Queer People

Thanks for making my night Cools.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 29-01-2007, 06:38   #22
Bitchka

oh thats right, Rhode Island, i dunno why i thought Ma LoL ... and to think i almost went to school at RISD ... that would've been fun, eh LoL

the questions is... where are the most femmie gay girls in usa... i think L.A. is on top of what ive seen so far ... hows providence, K?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 29-01-2007, 07:09   #23
The Dream is Over, :~(

Well, to give credit to Talyubittu, cools, you can't have racial segregation if there are no black people to segregate.

According to this article (halfway down) however, South Dakota does have some issues with the Aboriginals and the state's growing attraction of White supremacists. But that isn't a problem that is unique to South Dakota. I'd even venture to say that Canadians, specifically central Canadians and the Quebecois, are highly susceptible to harassing the First Nations (not so much with the attracting skinheads, thank God).

But tell me what you thought of cities like Jacksonville, Cleveland, Minneapolis, and Charlotte. You'd be hard pressed to gloss over those cities. Chicago I have been in (there was segregation but at the same time some wealthy ass Black people too) to and Atlanta is predominantly Black.

This interesting site has charts and percentages of how segregated each city is by calculating how exposed each person belonging to a race is to people of other races and to his/her own. Thus the greater the difference, the more segragated.
For example Cleveland, Ohio you can see that Black people will mostly be exposed to other Black people and Whites to other Whites even though Cleveland (judging from the last column) is marginally more populated by Black people than anyone else.

This isn't what I based my personal observations on and quite frankly I really don't care if people are/aren't exposed to other races. What gets to me is the institutionalized, embedded racism that has permeated from the pre-"Brown vs. The Board of Education"/Jim Crow era of race relations.
Old 29-01-2007, 09:36   #24
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
Well, to give credit to Talyubittu, cools, you can't have racial segregation if there are no black people to segregate.
you're right, cause the 3 black people that live there are ropped off and have to be home schooled
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 29-01-2007, 17:28   #25
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I think this discussion about inteligence distribution favouring coastlines (or anykind of geographical separation for that matter - North-South as well) is a bit skewed. Even if we're talking about about averages. It'd probably make a bit more sense to discuss possible average inteligence fluctuations in bustling metropolises with +500.000 inhabitants as opposed to rural areas. And this probably goes for the world as a whole, not just the USA. Large masses of people living in relatively confined spaces tends to shape the populace into an entity that's not just more inteligent, cultural and spiritual but also less prone to bigotry and narrow-mindness. Just goes to show you humans develop better and faster in large "herds".
This probably has something to do with educational system and people leaving smaller communities to go study in larger cities. Simply brain-drain. We had a nice representation of that in Slovenia before the world wars when everyone who was smart enough (and could afford it) went to study in Vienna and got germanized in the process. There was simply no city important or large enough to host a renowned university. Hence the nation's decline in any kind of scientific or cultural activity was striking. And this intelectual eclipse lasted for as long as Ljubljana University didn't get it's proper international status as a serious educational institution.

But yeah... on average I don't see why a large city in the midwest - say Chicago - would be any less enlightened than cities like Boston or San Francisco.

Offtop:
Talyubittu since you're obviously failing to see my mod remarks I'm going to try this one more time. It's "OPINION" damn it!&/%$
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 29-01-2007, 19:00   #26
Сидите на моем рту

Send a message via MSN to QueenOfLesbania Send a message via Skype™ to QueenOfLesbania
Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Talyubittu since you're obviously failing to see my mod remarks I'm going to try this one more time. It's "OPINION" damn it!&/%$
lmfao *go freddie, go freddie* get it off your chest mate
~~~~~~~~~~~
QoL

I don't believe you!
Old 29-01-2007, 19:28   #27
Martian Eyes

Offtop:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I think this discussion about inteligence...

Freddie, if it's so much fun to point at other people's spelling mistakes, I want to join:

[] Intelligence is not based on Intel, although pretty smart guys there, but on lat. inter-legere, rl > ll (assimilation, you know!) so correctly: intel-ligence [/]
*hides from wrath of the intellectuals*

haku: Argos, where were you when Talyubittu was trashing another member for spelling Iraq wong?

Offtop:
Washing my own dirty clothes, didn't know that I had to send some kids to the corner!

freddie: Yeah, what Haku said. I apologize for my mistake but it was a typo. His is reccuring. And it wouldn't be remotely as annoying as it was if he didn't badger another member with proper English spelling of Iraq.

Last edited by freddie; 29-01-2007 at 23:15.
Old 29-01-2007, 21:47   #28
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
LoL now you are putting words in my mouth

where did i say those states are 'unimportant'?

ha, you are humouring me! lets for the fun of it compare statistics:

Where you live, aka Sioux Falls, SD almost 90% of the population is WHITE! (according to the 2000 census - last completely calculated)
http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/popIn...locIndex=12976

Where I live less than 50% of the population is WHITE! (according to the same 2000 census)
http://www.bayareacensus.ca.gov/coun...iscoCounty.htm

please, recognize that we arent talking about #, but persentage
so what diversity are we talking about.... diversity in the belt buckles?

oh, and age wasnt about intelligence, but it;s about maturity and experience and common sense..live a little kid.. and travel a little

p.s. just to add more diversity comparison, since this is a gay-ish forum:

Where you live, people in same sex partnerships: score 56 where a score of 100 is the national AVERAGE.. you're like 50% below the AVERAGA! WOW http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...locIndex=12976

Where I live: score 479 http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...locIndex=10816

and you cant say that it's san francisco, it's the gayest, because look at providence, Ma, their score is: 2292 speak about gay town! then again, their diversity is limited, they dont have enough straight people LoL http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...<br /> x=3099

A lot has happened since 2000. Being it was seven years ago, quite a bit has change. Not only has the city expanded in culture. But the population has grown as well. Just becuase I don't live in an area with as many things as places you live does not mean I do not comprehend them. You seem to live in a different place than I do but we both understand English. So why do you talk to me like I am a two year old. Racial segregation isn't big here...it's not a problem. Homosexual's are also not common here, but it dosent mean they don't exist. we have everything any othe town does. Even if we aren't as big and flashy as where you come from.

I understand that it's also an oppinion freddie. I've stated that a billion times. Coolasfuck seems to need a reason to belittle me. Just because she is from a more urban area than I am does not mean I am stupid. I'm sure I have a much better understanding of American political themes than she does. She can look up statistics from a census 7 years ago. Thats nothing special When you have an understanding for how somthing works is when you are able to relate to it. She dosent need to tell me the demographics about where I live.......I live there remember? I know what they are. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a bit annoying when her arrogance is speaking for a matter she knows little about. She has never lived here and never will. She has no right to make critical remarks about where I live nor more than I have the right to make them about where she does. Obviosuly I'm content with where I live, otherwise I would leave, I don't understand what she has to prove by saying my city is pointless becuase it's not what she considers a wonderous place. If she wants to start an argument thats fine, but don't jump on me for defending myself against an oppinion that was stated to START an argument.

And Haku: I was not thrasing him. I was completely baffled by the fact that he's lived in the USA for 14 years, claims to have taken AP Government and had no clue who Saddam Hussein was, where Iraq was or even how to spell it. It's not like I decided to go crazy on him for a typo.

Quote:
But tell me what you thought of cities like Jacksonville, Cleveland, Minneapolis, and Charlotte. You'd be hard pressed to gloss over those cities. Chicago I have been in (there was segregation but at the same time some wealthy ass Black people too) to and Atlanta is predominantly Black.
Thank you. It's nice to see someoen recognizes that I have lived in places other than where I currently reside. Perhaps these reasons you are discussing are why I left?
Old 29-01-2007, 23:41   #29
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I understand that it's also an oppinion freddie. I've stated that a billion times. Coolasfuck seems to need a reason to belittle me. Just because she is from a more urban area than I am does not mean I am stupid. I'm sure I have a much better understanding of American political themes than she does. She can look up statistics from a census 7 years ago. Thats nothing special When you have an understanding for how somthing works is when you are able to relate to it. She dosent need to tell me the demographics about where I live.......I live there remember? I know what they are. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a bit annoying when her arrogance is speaking for a matter she knows little about. She has never lived here and never will. She has no right to make critical remarks about where I live nor more than I have the right to make them about where she does. Obviosuly I'm content with where I live, otherwise I would leave, I don't understand what she has to prove by saying my city is pointless becuase it's not what she considers a wonderous place. If she wants to start an argument thats fine, but don't jump on me for defending myself against an oppinion that was stated to START an argument.
It's a discussion board. Meant for people who want to share their opinions with others. Hence it's ill advised for you to take such things personally. Especially when posted on a forum which deals mainly with two Russian pseudo-lesbian pop stars.
You probably have a lot of insight on geopolitical circumstances in your State and it's near vicinity, yet sometimes one needs to look to an outsider to give a non-biased view. Though most of the time the truth is somewhere in the middle - hence it helps to share different viewpoints on a topic.

You presented your arguments in a very harsh manner and Coolz returned the favour. It's not my place to judge who's right or wrong, but one thing I know is that she didn't "belittle" you personalty, but rather expressed her views (though granted in a very straight-forward, non-PC fashion). You two just have clashing opinions. But you know the old saying... OPINIONS are like assholes. Everyone has one.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 30-01-2007, 00:57   #30
Can You See Them Now?

I disagree. She's telling me I have no clue what diversity is because according to a census by her, I don't live in an area she considers major, not to mention blatant other things going on that shes throwing around. This isn't even what the topic is about. Why don't we get back on topic before we all start arguing, or just drop the entire discussion here? Deal?
Old 30-01-2007, 04:23   #31
Bitchka

pleeeeeeeeease, keep your OPPINIONS and i will keep my OPPINIONS
obviously you arent listening to what other people are saying, so why should i listen to what you are saying

that's right, you know everything and i know nothing, its ok, keep up that OPPINION, ok? i like that OPPINION..yeeeeeeeah, i agree with that OPPINION!
now ciao and
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 30-01-2007, 14:40   #32
Sad Little Monkey

Okay this is going nowhere. No more personal messages. This isn't Irc. Use PM if you have a personal argument to settle. Back on topic please.

I can't say much about the USA, except from the view of an international observer. My time there was too brief to say anything conclusive and it only involved visiting two states. I have to say though. People in the two states I visited were as or more different than people in different European countries. And mind you these were neighbouring states. The only thing they share in common is history and language. Otherwise things feel entirely different on so many levels. So any kind of generatization made about a vast federation like that is totally delusional. Just as silly as making general statements about "Europeans" Offtop:
(which reminds me... a friend of mine from New Zealand is convinved all Euro peeps are blatantly promiscuous, wtf?! )

Infact I'd even go as far as to say people in certain regions of Europe that are separated with national boundaries (for instance mediteranean people in Spain, France, Portugal, Italy...) have much more in common (culturaly and sometimes even genetically) than two Americans from two different federal states.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 30-01-2007, 17:09   #33
Fear is only in our minds

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Here in Texas, we say "Howdy" very often
Did I mention we ride horses?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
Old 31-01-2007, 17:42   #34
iMod

US climate scientists pressured on climate change

US scientists were pressured to tailor their reports on global warming to fit the Bush administration's climate change scepticism, a congressional committee heard on Tuesday 30 January. In some cases, this occurred at the request of a former oil-industry lobbyist.

Full article here

Nothing surprising from a country that won't even ratify the Kyoto protocol even though it's the biggest polluter on the planet.
Map of the Kyoto protocol ratification for information.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 31-01-2007, 19:10   #35
The Dream is Over, :~(

You seem to confuse "country" with "government." This government has lied about global warming precisely to avoid ratifying the Kyoto Protocol. So it isn't exactly two separate things and it isn't a national trend, it is a governmental trend.

Clinton signed the protocol and even shamed Republican President Nixon created the Department of the Environment. Americans themsleves are in fact environmentally aware and conscious, though some moreso than others.

In any case, it may be too early to tell but I thought it may be interesting to see into the 2008 Presidential elections; the only thing that isn't so totally depressing about the States right now.

Democratic candidates:
Sen. Hilary Clinton
Sen. Barak Obama
Former Sen. John Edwards
Sen. Joe Biden

Republican candidates:
Sen. John McCain
Sen. Sam Brownback
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani
Sen. Mike Huckabee

Good God let Obama win it.
Old 31-01-2007, 19:55   #36
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
You seem to confuse "country" with "government." This government has lied about global warming precisely to avoid ratifying the Kyoto Protocol. So it isn't exactly two separate things and it isn't a national trend, it is a governmental trend.

Clinton signed the protocol and even shamed Republican President Nixon created the Department of the Environment. Americans themsleves are in fact environmentally aware and conscious, though some moreso than others.

In any case, it may be too early to tell but I thought it may be interesting to see into the 2008 Presidential elections; the only thing that isn't so totally depressing about the States right now.

Democratic candidates:
Sen. Hilary Clinton
Sen. Barak Obama
Former Sen. John Edwards
Sen. Joe Biden

Republican candidates:
Sen. John McCain
Sen. Sam Brownback
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani
Sen. Mike Huckabee

Good God let Obama win it.

The only Republican I would ever consider voting for would be Rudy Giuliani because he is liberal on many important social issues and he's just a great man in general. NY Conservatives are very different from the rest of the republicans in the US. But I would only vote for him if Edwards won the Primary... I despise that man.

I'm currently leaning toward Barak Obama, I love Sentor Clinton but she's to polarizing even in the Party to secure a win for the Democrats in 2008. Obama has a much better chance given the Republican conpetition. I've also seen him speak and he reminds me of President Clinton, he grabs your attention and makes you listen to what he's saying. So yeah OBAMA 2008!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 01-02-2007, 04:45   #37
Gaga ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Hillary Clinton has nothing stopping her. She has no major scandals behind her, not to mention shes a woman. Lots of people in the country are still in love with Bill Clinton - he's still my president. So Hillary will have a STRONG running. She's amaaaaaaaazing. I'm reading her autobiography now.
The problem with Hillary Clinton - don't get me wrong I adore her - is that people either love her or they hate her... Period. So I don't like her chances of stealing the independent vote away from a Republican like John McCain or Giuliani. It this point in time, it's really all about the independent voters. Party affliates will vote their party most likely with very little flip-flopping and conservatives hate her more than anyother liberal other than maybe Speaker Pelosi.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 01-02-2007, 17:40   #38
iMod

Ok, this all look rather alien from a European point of view, none is really left wing (and some are scarily far right wing), no wonder we don't understand each other, our political spectrums have little in common.

Unrelated by revealing: crazy paranoia in the US, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by haku; 01-02-2007 at 18:25.
Old 01-02-2007, 21:49   #39
Can You See Them Now?

LOL Haku, i caught about.....2% of that. Elaborate
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27   #40
iMod

Yeah, like i said, we don't understand each other (or it's my poor English).

Anyway, what i meant is that most democrat politicians who are considered 'left' in the US would end up in center right parties in Europe (and most republicans would end up in extreme right parties), European socialist parties (what is called 'left' here) have no equivalent in the US.

Some comic relief, and the retard leads the most powerful country in the world. (Thanks Rach for the link )
~~~~~~~~~~~
ReplyPost New Thread