Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Did you think about learning Russian because of Tatu?!

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-06-2003, 09:51   #1
Прохожий

Question Did you think about learning Russian because of Tatu?!

can't say i didn't!
but my native language is Arabic and i speak good english plus i'm taking french classes at school! adding a fourth one would be just too much for my brain!
though my dad speaks 4 languages i can't!
and i've been told that russian is difficult to learn!

what about you?!
Old 18-06-2003, 10:24   #2
iMod

I tried to learn russian like 15 years ago and quickly gave up. IMO, it's quite hard to learn (except for other slavic people i guess) and you really have to put a lot of time into it, which i didn't have at the time (plus me being a dumbass and all). If only i'd known that 15 years later there would be Y&L! I'm sure it would have helped...

On a side note, you're an arabic native speaker. Did you have a look at Yulia's shoulder blades tattoo? Some say that it means "named by god", others that it doesn't mean anything. What's your take on it?
Old 18-06-2003, 11:39   #3
Lena Lover

Send a message via ICQ to Torico
I learned a few common russian tatu phrases like : hi, thankyou, i love you, gay boy. lol
Old 18-06-2003, 12:16   #4
<-- she...mine!

Send a message via AIM to skye Send a message via Yahoo to skye
I listen to their cd over and over again just want to learn Russian it's a very beautiful language but really hard to learn and it sometimes sounds like Japanese ex: poka in Russian sounds like ¤K¤O" in Japanese(bastard) and it's not that easy to get the russian text books (I search for all books in the libary, there is only one russian book and it's a dictionary)
is it possible to learn by self
Old 18-06-2003, 12:35   #5
Just say maybe

Since I left school, where I felt very self-concious in French and German classes, I've become enormously set on learning other languages.

And, yes, I'm now intensely keen to learn Russian. I have sheets of A4 with the original and translated lyrics from 200 Po Vstrechnoi scattered about my bedroom. I did much the same thing with Juniper Moon songs when I wanted to start learning Spanish about five months ago. I spend enough time listening to t.A.T.u. to be able to sing along to large parts of the Russian songs. Since the words are there in my head, I might as well know what they mean.

Next time I get the chance to go into town I'll be casing Ottakar's for books on Russian grammar. I've not been able to find anything on the internet that might help.

I would fancy proper lessons, but I've not a clue where in the world I'll be living by September, which means I can't really enrol on any courses at the moment. Russia is, however, a very serious option for my future home. This teaching English lark is very liberating in that respect.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 18-06-2003, 16:25   #6
ROCK FOR LIGHT

Yeah, but after one look at that alphabet and I kinda gave up.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you
Old 18-06-2003, 16:26   #7
Aku cinta Yulia

Send a message via MSN to Ruivelle Send a message via Yahoo to Ruivelle
Did you think about learning Russian because of Tatu?!

HELL YEAH !! now i'm looking forward to take a russian course here (very hard to find one on my country) ... i've already buy some russian books (dictionary and daily conversations) and try to translate t.A.T.u song on my country language , but DAMN , russian grammar is .. HARD !!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Maria | Proud Member of t.A.T.u.ism
Old 18-06-2003, 17:06   #8
pie crust

Yeah.. I feel so pathetic
Russian just seems like such a hard language to learn.. I already know 3 languages and learning a 4th so I can't handle Russian right now Or can I?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 18-06-2003, 19:28   #9
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
I'm a native English speaker, can read, write, and listen to Spanish, and can read and write Latin. And am attempting Russian. Not because of the girls, but because Russian is just plain sexy to hear. LOL.

I REALLLLLLLY wanna learn Arabic though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 18-06-2003, 19:32   #10
Участник

Native spanish speaker, can read write listen spanish, know more english than spanish too, Russian wouldnt hurt, im also learning french, and german atm, im sure i could tackle 3 langauges at a time ^_^
Old 18-06-2003, 19:56   #11
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Trilingual. Read, understand Spanish. With a bit of brushing up, same with Latin. Basics of sign language. Wanna learn Japanese, Chinese and Russian, just for variety. Although, I do admit that I want to learn Russian because I've grown so used to hearing it now that I just want to understand it. And, yes, it is rather a sexy language. *Laughs.*

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 18-06-2003, 20:14   #12
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
And, yes, it is rather a sexy language. *Laughs.*
What are you people all crazy or something?

Russian sexy? Excuse me? To me it sounds like a wild mix of polish, croatian, slovene and macedonian with the absence of adverbs. It's interesting - I give it that - but it's soooo far away from sexy for me, you wouldn't belive. We all know which language is the language of love don't we?

But I really wonder how many North Americans found russian sexy during the time of Nikita Hrushchev or Mihael Gorbachov.

Does your native tongue count as one language? Then I'm trilingual. If not then I'm bilingual. I also understand most of german, but have trouble speaking it. I don't plan to learn russian in the near future, mostly because of the cyrilic leters which I was forced to learn in 91 when we all had to study serbo-croatian (I forgot them 1 year later). I still hate those leters to this day, cause they were forced upon me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 18-06-2003, 23:50   #13
Участник

Yes, exposure to Tatu is one of the things that prompted me to learn Russian. I studied Spanish for two yeas in high school (now completely gone), and one year of college French (I can still read some).

I didn't find cyrillic all that difficult once I got past the fact that print, script, and italic cyrillic don't always match.

Any time I think there are too many grammatical forms in Russian (cases, congugations, declensions, etc.), I just think what it would be like to learn English as a foreign language.
Old 19-06-2003, 00:45   #14
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Any time I think there are too many grammatical forms in Russian (cases, congugations, declensions, etc.), I just think what it would be like to learn English as a foreign language.
It's not that hard belive me. Geman is MUCH harder.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 19-06-2003, 01:20   #15
Участник

German is harder because it falls under its own category Germanic, not like Russian, Slovene, Bulgarian, and those that fall under Slavic and Spanish, French, Italian fall under Latin
Old 19-06-2003, 01:56   #16
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles
English is easy to learn! "cases, conjugations, declensions", well, none of those really exist in English.

The possessive "case": 's? It takes one second to learn it.

Conjugations? "infinitive+s, +ed, +ing" and you're done with English conjugations. That's extremely simple compared to many continental european languages.

Declensions? Declensions do not exist in modern English.

Last edited by haku; 19-06-2003 at 02:06.
Old 19-06-2003, 04:48   #17
Mujahedin

Send a message via ICQ to Dent
hehehehe i already has established some languages i must learn: English, Spanish, French, German and also would like to speak some scandinavian languages.

now after Tatu i had a strange desire to learn russian too. hehehehe

Cya

Dent
Old 19-06-2003, 13:16   #18
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Declensions? Declensions do not exist in modern English.
So you're saying they existed once?

I wonder how that would be like.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-06-2003, 16:27   #19
pie crust

Ripptyd, I've got like 3427473895235628 Arabic friends who can teach you If only they had Internet and could speak English..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 19-06-2003, 23:07   #20
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Russian is only sexy 'cause of the girlz
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
ReplyPost New Thread