Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Who's a fan of Xena or X-Files?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 20:30   #41
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
the most irritating arc....mmm the japan stuff? na...the most irritating for me was the india one...when Gabbers went to the "im bad I have to be good, i will be pure as snow" thing...it sucked she was great and then she changed to a useless lamb...although I liked her reaction in Ides of March! she slayed 12 romans in that crazy thing! hheeheh
Old 06-07-2003, 22:07   #42
Full Circle

I just wanted to say "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun " ...

What a f*ckin' episode !!!!

I have been laughing my head off literally at the "special effects", the flirting at sub-text and then the now infamous vampire bite (hmmm...nice !... move over Buffy !!) but the scene that steals it away is the dance Gabrielle has with the Bacchae ... Yummy !! Why, oh why they did not release that on the soundtracks amazes me..

xena225 I did not mind Britannia, although KraftStar was annoying at times ... Hope indeed was a character that could have been dealt with more effectivley...

karxwp Again I did not mind India, I thought that it was brave, although again that would have much more effective without the Peace Gabby... I thought the episode the Way could have been researched significantly better. It was such a central episode to the characters, Tapert let the side down on that one. Loved the effects though when Xena becomes Shiva , simply stunning.
Old 06-07-2003, 22:37   #43

not shiva! she transoforms into Kali yeah Xena being that demon killer goddess was very cool, I liked the episodes but at the same time I disliked them because Gabby changed into the peaceful Gabby.... The Aidan episode (when gaby starts with yoga) was somewhat week...I liked better the episodes like Maternal insticts or one against and army...I even liked I tale of two muses (with the country dance Xena)
Old 06-07-2003, 23:12   #44
Full Circle

People have we done BEST VILLIAN ?

Hmm ..
Atli or Calisto ... Daddy or Chips ???
Ares or Athena ... Meat or Potatoe ???
Draco .. HA !

Have to be Calisto ...
She in a perverse way hero worshipped Xena, similar to Gabrielle, although I think that both of them would not have said no to sleeping with her either !!

Old 06-07-2003, 23:49   #45

THE BEST VILLIAN....Will always be Callisto! so wicked...so evil...Alti was freaky but not evil not as Callisto she was twisted in a very evil way! liked the ep where they switched bodies?
Old 07-07-2003, 05:49   #46
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally posted by karxwp
THE BEST VILLIAN....Will always be Callisto! so wicked...so evil...
Gotta agree to that!!! Callisto will ALWAYS be the absolute best villian...that's why it's such a shame they made her into a "good" character. And as much as I love Gabrielle, my goodness I wanted to smack her upside the head sometimes when she went through her "OMG-I-can't-fight-because-that's-evil-so-let's-put-more-stress-on-Xena" phase. Why TPTB put that in the story, I have no clue. As far as what era I didn't like...India. Didn't really like it. And anything to do with Eli..ugh I really hated that guy and all his values. "One Against An Army" is my kind of episode though. That and ones like "In Sickness and in Hell" and "Old Ares Had a Farm." Ahhh such good, classic television. I miss it!
Old 07-07-2003, 08:30   #47
Участник

Gabrielle the Pacifist

This arc was necessary for Gabrielle in my opinion. I think they had to let Gabrielle find out that the peaceful way was not for her.

Remember the idealistic, naive kid she was in the beginning (the campfire scene in "Callisto" comes to mind)? The question of why she left behind those ideals was never properly explained. So they were still inside of her, irreconcilable really with her life at Xena's side. So in a way it was only a question of time until she would have to deal with this issue.

What I found interesting was that Xena supported her fully in that. It was also amazing that the two of them decided to stay together, against all odds, as it were - the warrior and the pacifist. Xena is somewhat surprised that Gab decides to stay with her, but it just goes to prove that nothing can separate those two, not even opposing life philosophies.

This pacifist phase was very important in the development of Gabrielle, as it showed her once and for all that this was NOT her way. Neverthless it helped her become who she was in the sixth season - a warrior, but not like Xena - more of a warrior with compassion and a deep understanding of the essential things in life.

So - don't be so hard on Gabrielle the Pacifist - it all helped her become the warrior bard, the leader of her people - the Amazons - and a great partner for Xena.

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 07-07-2003 at 08:36.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:19   #48
Harrumph.

*pouts* I was TOO young when you lot watched Xena. TOO YOUNG. I only was able to see some episodes of X-files but before I could geek out on that one (which I did like), they started dubbing it and it sucked.

Anime, thought! *goes make an anime thread to rivalize with this one* Just joking.
Old 08-07-2003, 00:05   #49

come on Gabrielle changed personality as much as she changed clothes! she wanted to be a warrior, then she got scared, then she got pacifist, then she went bersek and finally she was much more bloody than Xena

alsooooo I liked the amazons at first...when Ephiny was in the picture, when the crazy Amazon (Velasca) was in the plot...after they changed for the "horned" amazons they sucked...
Old 08-07-2003, 05:38   #50
Yearning

karxwp, we think very alike. It was a shame to see Ephiny die...such a good Amazon. But speaking of Xena, guessssss who got Oxygen todayyyyyy?!? WOOOO!! I was flipping through the channels today because our cable company just gave us all new channels and was like "Holy shizer!" when I saw XENA on the TV!!! At first I thought I was imagining it, but NOPE, I now have Oxygen!!!!! Ahhh it'll be like the good ol' days when I didn't have to pop in a tape in order to watch Xena on the TV. I'm one happy camper!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 10:44   #51
Участник

Gabrielle

In my opinion Gabrielle did not change her personality.

When she met Xena, she was 17 years old, an innocent kid still. She had ideals and a philosphy of life that had not been tested. During the years, she changed, that's true. But she didn't change her personality. She just grew up. And she grew in ways that far exceeded Xena's development.

In my opinion, Gabrielle took much more risks than Xena, she was always open to new ideas and new people. With such an open-mindedness comes the danger to fall prey to unscrupulous people like Najara, Aidan, or Kraftstar. Gabrielle learned her lessons the hard way. But she never gave up being interested in other opinion and life philosophies. Dangerous? Of course. But Gabrielle was as courageous as she was open-minded.

It was interesting that she went beserk in The Ides of March - she gave up the pacifist way which meant a lot to her for no one else but Xena. She compromised for Xena. She sacrificed her ideal for love, for Xena. After that she knew that she couldn't go back to that ideal if she wanted to stay with Xena, and eventually she found a way to reconcile both philosophies and become the woman she was in season six.

The gist: Gabrielle was always in search of answers, an open-minded, courageous girl who took risks and had to pay dearly for those sometimes. But she learned a lot, too. Should she have remained the naive kid from season one? Should she have adopted Xena's lifestyle without question? No. That would have been boring and unbelievable.

xena225
Old 08-07-2003, 19:52   #52
Full Circle

Quote:
alsooooo I liked the amazons at first...when Ephiny was in the picture, when the crazy Amazon (Velasca) was in the plot...after they changed for the "horned" amazons they sucked...
Yeah !
No more eyecandy

Who apart from Xena, Gabrielle and Ares was eye candy for you ???

I would have to say Varia and Auto Baby !!

Old 08-07-2003, 21:14   #53

mmm Eye candy....lemme think....

Ares, Americe, Autolicus....mmm Aphrodite!

hehehe do you remember how Tara dragged Gabrielle all over the episode of Forgiven? eheheh that was cool I loved Gabdrags....
Old 08-07-2003, 21:17   #54

dare2dream28, yeah I knew Oxygen got the rights to transmit the series...here in Mexico they used to air it all weekends...then everyday but in the morning thing that positively sucks...oh Ephiny she was sooo damn good as amazon...and good looking too
Old 08-07-2003, 22:01   #55
Full Circle

Quote:

hehehe do you remember how Tara dragged Gabrielle all over the episode of Forgiven?
"I'm here to replace BLONDIE !"
Loved that line ...

"Tara" came out nicer in "Roswell", mercyfully she lost that awful fringe !!

Loved "A tale of two muses"

Old 08-07-2003, 22:11   #56

Ghalib, I also loved Tale of two muses!

First because I'm a fan of Riverdance and Lord of the Dance, and this ep was so lame but funny! liked the part where Xena is "teaching" them how to fight.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:17   #57
Yearning

Eye candy...would have to be Ares with his shaved look *drools* And yes, I'll even admit that I thought Virgil was hott. *runs*

Now here's a question...Long or short hair for Gabrielle? Personally, I thought she looked better with her long hair, but then again, I favour the earlier seasons.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:46   #58
Участник

Quote:
*pouts* I was TOO young when you lot watched Xena. TOO YOUNG.
Argh! Darje, you need to get your hands on some Xena episodes! Do they show Xena over where you live?

Quote:
Who apart from Xena, Gabrielle and Ares was eye candy for you ???
Well, Gabrielle and Ares were the two I drooled over constantly. And the first Hades! I loved him too! *drools for an hour*

Quote:
"Tara" came out nicer in "Roswell", mercyfully she lost that awful fringe !!
I think Tara could be one of the candidates for "Worst hair ever on Xena!" *lol* It was shocking.

Quote:
Ghalib, I also loved Tale of two muses! First because I'm a fan of Riverdance and Lord of the Dance, and this ep was so lame but funny!
I liked it too. It's one of those dumb, turn your brain off episodes. And the last scene was great wasn't it, with Xena and Gabrielle hugging with HUGE grins on their faces? Would have made a great poster.

And I laughed a lot over Gabrielle's awful replacement boots, and loved Autolycus' hint as to why she had all that pent up energy. Gee, I wonder what he was alluding to?

Quote:
Now here's a question...Long or short hair for Gabrielle? Personally, I thought she looked better with her long hair, but then again, I favour the earlier seasons.
Long, definitely long! Though she still looked great most of the time, I did like it when her hair grew out a bit and it wasn't as short as it was in season four.

One of my favourite pictures of Gabrielle is when she has short hair, from The Rheingold I think, when she is wearing that white coat with the brown patches.

(I love that coat, but we won't get into that, or else I'll start drooling again, lol!!)

Rhapsody
Old 09-07-2003, 08:33   #59
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by rhapsody_au
One of my favourite pictures of Gabrielle is when she has short hair, from The Rheingold I think, when she is wearing that white coat with the brown patches. (I love that coat, but we won't get into that, or else I'll start drooling again, lol!!)
Let's all see rhapsody_au drool now. *evil grin*
Gabrielle in "The Ring"

Short haired or long haired Gabrielle? Hm, I'd say short-haired. Like this:
Short-haired Gabrielle

Quote:
Originally posted by rhapsody_au
And the last scene was great wasn't it, with Xena and Gabrielle hugging with HUGE grins on their faces?
Would have made a great poster
Here are the huge grins from "A Tale Of Two Muses" - what a lovely scene indeed - Praise Calliope! - in my opinion this moment equals the one from the end of "Been There Done That" where they laughed just as beautifully.

The Huge Grins

What did you all think of Janice Covington and Mel Pappas?

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 09-07-2003 at 08:48.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:47   #60
Участник

Quote:
Let's all see rhapsody_au drool now. *evil grin*
Very nice, thankyou! *drools incoherently* Now you owe me a new keyboard!!!

As for short haired Gabrielle, I really liked her hair in "Punchlines" I think it was. Or was it the other one, where Aphrodite and Gabrielle had to get Xena's spirit back into her body from that little girl. Can't remember the name because the episode pretty much sucked, except for the hilarious Aphrodite/Gabrielle interaction. I loved those two together...

I can't remember the episode really well, but one of the best lines was from Aphrodite, when the audience found out that Aphrodite and Gabrielle weren't exactly siamese twins.

(To Gabrielle) "You lied to me?" *slap!*

xena225, thankyou for that smiling pic! So cute!

Quote:
What did you all think of Janice Covington and Mel Pappas?
I loved those two and I love that ep! It would have been nice to have an episode with them in season six, instead of say, Soul Possession's Annie/Harry and Mattie. There were some AMAZING subtext/maintext scenes in there, but with the show coming to an end, it was rather a wasted episode.

It would have been cool to revisit Janice and Mel one last time, they were rather popular.

Rhapsody
ReplyPost New Thread