Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

What's your name?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 03:28   #41
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Just some useless trivia: Did you know that Freddie's real name was actualy Faroukh Bulsara, and that the name "Farouk" (or "Faruq") means "a person who can tell right from wrong" in Arabic. I was even called Faroukh for a short period of time in secondary school after my obsession with Queen.

yep...u got it freddie! U are def obsessed w/ Queen man (except Farokh is an old Persian Name...not arabic )

My claim to fame with Queen is that my uncle went to school with Freddie, and was the drummer in the band that they had when they were in school. I remember once watching a documentary about the life of Freddie a.k.a Faroukh Balsara and seeing my uncle talking about the band and freddie... i was like WTF! It was kinda kewl

*returns from OT*

K so My real name is so gross (I hate it) that i wouldn't dare utter it for fear that people will die upon reading it ^_^

My nic Kishkash means nothing really...A friend and i were making fun of the fact that no one ever seems to be able to pronounce my name properly, and so we ended up coming up with all these names that people end up saying instead of my real name. One of them was kishkash and it was so damn funny that it ended up sticking as a nic for me (It would make more sense to u if u knew my last name)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by kishkash; 02-07-2003 at 04:37.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:04   #42
in my brain

Send a message via ICQ to XSpex
Hi! My name is Patricia, very common name here in mexico... but i like it

There are really cool names and nics here!

Ah, and my nic, it doesn't mean anything... when I logged on tatugirls forum I was listening to this band named "X Ray Spex", so I decided to used some of those letter to make my id... I thought it was cool... actually i can't pronounce it
~~~~~~~~~~~
pain and suffering in various tempos
Old 02-07-2003, 06:38   #43
Harrumph.

XSpex, my brother's named Patricio and my neighbor's name is Patricia. And my best friend's name is Patricio (not my brother). And... today I met another Patricio. LOL.

queenbee, that's the thing... I like being Siskia. But when everyone hears it, it's like with Taryn. I end up being Christian or Cynthia or some other random name. *sighs*
Old 02-07-2003, 07:49   #44
Lena's boytoy

Send a message via AIM to Celtic Jobber
My real name's Jonathan. Celtic Jobber is a screenname I've used for 4 years now and it comes from a nickname some friend's gave me when I was going to wrestling school (I ended up dropping out after 2 days. The pain, the utter agony!).

A jobber is a pro wrestler whose main job function is to lose matches.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Back from an extended hiatus...
Old 02-07-2003, 09:01   #45
..laissez faire..

Send a message via AIM to smilie faces Send a message via Yahoo to smilie faces
same happens with my name.. it's very rare that people get to pronounce it properly.. heck my mom was worried the priest said it wrong when I was getting baptised.. (i don't know why it would've mattered anyways)

the thing is, my name is pronounced differently by people, yet some manage to mouth some of the correct pronounciations of it.. when people get stuck on it, like some of my professors at University.. I just tell them to call me Elena which would be the Spanish translation for Elaine, or i'd tell them to call me "Dein" wich is one of my nicknames
Old 02-07-2003, 13:04   #46
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
yep...u got it freddie! U are def obsessed w/ Queen man (except Farokh is an old Persian Name...not arabic )

My claim to fame with Queen is that my uncle went to school with Freddie, and was the drummer in the band that they had when they were in school. I remember once watching a documentary about the life of Freddie a.k.a Faroukh Balsara and seeing my uncle talking about the band and freddie... i was like WTF! It was kinda kewl

OMG, OMG, OMG Kishkash you are now officaly my god. I worship you... *bows*
Marry me. Or at least adopt me. Or I'll adopt you. Or something

I can't even belive I'm in the presence of someone who was an uncle that was in a band with the god almighty.
What was the name of the band? Tell me, tell me, tell me... I know practicaly all the bands he was in before Queen... was it "The Platters" rip off band that he was in when he was in boarding school in India?

About the name: I think we might both be right. It makes sense the name "Farouk" is persian because he was persian. But I guess the name is arabic and egiptian as well (all those cultures were heavily interconected during the history anyway). This is what is written about the name on that "behind the names web site":

FAROUK m Arabic
Variant of FARUQ. This was the name of the last king of Egypt.
FARUQ m Arabic
Means "person who can tell right from wrong" in Arabic.

OK this is my story about not having my name pronounced right. My grandfather was a german from Cologne and he got very pissed when my mom gave me a completely slavic name because there was no way he could pronounce it properly. Haha..It was so funny. He died in 86 but I can still see him struggling to pronounce my name. Such memories

btw: People you all have very cool names. We're an extraordianry bunch here on tatysite.net.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 02-07-2003 at 13:10.
Old 02-07-2003, 16:36   #47
winter days ...

rosh , is an abbreviation of my given name which is roshan. roshan is an urdu/persian/hindi/sanskrit name [unisex as well] which means skylight/bright/illuminating.

as for pronounciation .. ive all but given up telling people how to say it properly cause hardly anyone gets it right i just try and listen out for the word that sounds closest to my name hehe

otherwise, just call me rosh, its short and sweet and sorta easy to say [i hope anyway!]
Old 02-07-2003, 19:30   #48
<-- she...mine!

Send a message via AIM to skye Send a message via Yahoo to skye
well....my name is......uh...it's chinese....it's not accurate to prounce if I tpye in English and not you all could read the Chinese letters in the screen just that it be a mystry
Old 04-07-2003, 00:02   #49
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
hi...
my name?
its warlie (frm WARLITO-my dad's name)

then my nick....my GF calls me warx...(dunno y, but i like it)
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 04-07-2003, 00:58   #50
Участник

darje and ripptyd I feel you! I get my name confused all the time.. well, in the US mostly, for Tonya, Shawna, Sonya.. I mean.. wtf?? It's C-L-A-U-D-I-A!!
Oooo, and know what?? In russian it's Klavdiya
Old 04-07-2003, 01:36   #51
Участник

*laughs*

I guess I'll join the "nobody can say my name right" club. My name is Fredda...pronounced like it looks. Fred-da...not so hard, right?

Then why do people keep saying it as Free-da? <Sigh> Or Frey-da?

Parrish is just my last name. I tend to go by it, simply because I've never had anyone say that one wrong.

Oh, and Riviera? *I* knew where you got your name from, and I'm not British. *I* even knew the episode. So there.

Parrish
Old 04-07-2003, 01:44   #52
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
Quote:
Originally posted by parrish122
Oh, and Riviera? *I* knew where you got your name from, and I'm not British. *I* even knew the episode. So there.
Well of course *you* knew... I even told you what it was myself a long time ago. I was just saying that most people wouldn't know what I was talking about, but British people would be the most likely to get it. So to you! ^_^;;
Old 04-07-2003, 01:48   #53
Участник

*I* knew before you told me. *I* asked you if you'd gotten the name from Red Dwarf. *You* just confirmed what I already knew. So back at you.

Parrish
Old 04-07-2003, 01:53   #54
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
You didn't know *for sure* though. That's why you asked. So !

Don't make me get my baseball bat...^_^;;;
Old 04-07-2003, 04:17   #55
the unattainable kish

Quote:
I know practicaly all the bands he was in before Queen... was it "The Platters" rip off band that he was in when he was in boarding school in India?

*nods*u got it....that was the one. They were in boarding school together...and the band was actually pretty good...from the footage i saw in the documentary.

Im glad u make u excited

About the name...U are right! Both Middle Eastern and Persians use the same names/similar. It origionalted in Ancient Persia first, then was widely used around the middle eastern area. Since Arabic and Farsi have their similarities, so does the meanings of the names

I should prob have a chat w/ my uncle eh...and try and find out some stuff about FM fer ya *searches wildly for his email addy*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p

Old 04-07-2003, 11:06   #56
Echoes among the Stars

Hmmm, my username means "Russian tatu" in Russian How did I pick it? I'd never had a nick before - in a chat or on a forum - and when I was registering I thought it should be something about tatu, though not tatufan or Ilovetatu like others had, so I thought, why not "russkayatatu"? I made it up then, and didn't really think I'd use it for long

My real name? That's not important
Old 04-07-2003, 17:06   #57
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by kishkash
*nods*u got it....that was the one. They were in boarding school together...and the band was actually pretty good...from the footage i saw in the documentary.

Im glad u make u excited

About the name...U are right! Both Middle Eastern and Persians use the same names/similar. It origionalted in Ancient Persia first, then was widely used around the middle eastern area. Since Arabic and Farsi have their similarities, so does the meanings of the names

I should prob have a chat w/ my uncle eh...and try and find out some stuff about FM fer ya *searches wildly for his email addy*
Yes, yes, yes chat with him!!! Tell me something!!! I'm hungry for anything
I'd be indebt to you forever

I think the name of the band was The Hectics, named after Freddie's style of piano playing... but I guess your uncle would know a little more about that
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 05-07-2003, 16:28   #58
заичонок

My real name's Eleanor and it's not so far from there to Lenochka. My bf calls me Lena, Lenka, Lenochka and occasionally Len, when he's taking the piss out of the Moscow accent (he's from Khabarovsk).

My surname (actually it's my ex-husband's family name) begins with O. I'm sometimes known as ursa minor, because my surname is Japanese for "little bear".
~~~~~~~~~~~
You've cried enough this lifetime, my beloved polar bear
Old 05-07-2003, 16:41   #59
a kind of fresh madness

My real name is Lorna. I hate it though and, no matter how much I insist, I can't get people to call me by my nickname in my day-to-day life or at my job. I wouldn't mind being referred to as Mossopp all the time but it's not a particularly fitting name for an Accountant!

It's a kinda embarrassing story about how I came to be known as 'Mossopp'.
During the late 80's/early 90's there was a childrens TV show in the UK called 'The Riddlers'. The Riddlers were a group of ugly little troll-type creatures who lived at the bottom of an overgrown old garden.
One day, many years ago, I was travelling home on the school bus and some wee boy I'd never met before came up to me and said "Hey, you look like one of them Riddlers off the TV!!!".
One of The Riddlers was called Mossop.
My friend Emma, whom I was sitting beside on the bus that day, then yelled "Yeah - you look like the one called Mossop!!!!" and all the kids sitting around us started laughing their arses off at me.
Now, of course, I look nothing like a Riddler - I am not ginger, I am not 4 feet tall, I do not live in a potting shed and I'm not entirely ugly (even if I do say so myself ). However, from that day on, everyone at school started to call me Mossop and the name just kinda stuck. I added the extra "P" on the end to make it a bit more original and I have been known as Mossopp ever since!
It may be a wierd name but it's definately better than 'Lorna'!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 05-07-2003, 18:20   #60
the unattainable kish

Quote:
During the late 80's/early 90's there was a childrens TV show in the UK called 'The Riddlers'. The Riddlers were a group of ugly little troll-type creatures who lived at the bottom of an overgrown old garden
Hey I remember that show! I used to love it! The Riddlers were so ugly they were cute!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p

ReplyPost New Thread