Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum of Russian Music General Forum of Russian Music

Highlights from Russian music shows

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 20:10   #1
Martian Eyes

Highlights from Russian music shows

There are quite a lot of music shows in Russia and I thought, some people could be interested in what's going on, who is 'in', etc. Around New Year there were quite a few big shows, so let's begin with one of the most important.

Zolotoj grammofon 2008 in Moscow

Every year 'Russkoe Radio' and 'Channel One' honour the artists with the most frequent airplay with this award. 20 weeks in the charts and you may be among those who are chosen for the show. Interestingly some top acts were not invited, like the number 1 hit makers T9, Elena Terleeva, Vintazh and Elena Korikova, or Tanya, Dima Koldun and Irakli (the latter two even had two songs meeting the requirement). All those had songs with airplay for more than 30 weeks. So this show does only partly represent the current tops of Russia's music scene.

I've made a list of Youtube-links with all performances and my impressions. You may watch the performances you are interested in. Enjoy!

01. Valeriya - Chelovek dozhdya: Although I love Valeriya - I don't like the song, I don't like the performance (used to much better ones from her), and I don't like, when artists drag their own children on stage.

02. BiS - Blizhe: Actually a solo song of Vlad Sokolovskij (the 'S' part of the duet) and they deserved the 'Golden Grammy' for "Tvoj ili nichej", but they chose to sing "Blizhe", thank God, it's their best song and best performance so far.

03. Infinity & D.I.P. Project - Gde ty: I failed to realize the end of the commercial break, so a few seconds are missing. Anyway, nothing to regret. The lady is stumbling through a bunch of dancers shouting "Gde ty" (where are you) like 10 times. After one and a half minutes the meagerness is over, obviously she found, what she was looking for.

04. Vika Dajneko - Stop, kuda zhe ya idu: She managed the break-through this year with this song. Not a singer with a great voice, but she is sooo cute!

05. Aleksandr Yakovlev - Ne uhodi: Unusual for Russia a male singer with quite a weak voice, nevertheless this song became a top 20 hit. Catchy song with a decent performance. The real highlight of this video is the award scene, where Kseniya Sobchak as ballet-dancer stalks the award presenter Anastasiya Volochkova.

06. Serebro - Dyshi: wonderful song, but not their best performance, and the costume designer should be shot according to martial law.

07. Leonid Agutin - Ne uhodi daleko: This song clearly missed any qualification for the 'Golden Grammy', best ranking no.41 and five weeks in the charts, but in Russia the clocks work different. It's beneficial, if you are good friends with all the important people of showbiz.

08. Sofia Rotaru - Ya nazovu planetu...: One of the older generation, but the first one this evening, who brought 'spirit' into the audience. Really catchy chorus! One of the most played songs this year.

09. Lyube & Vika Dajneko - Moj admiral: Another song which didn't meet the requirements for the 'Golden Grammy', but making a bow to an old hero of the Russian music scene.

10. MakSim - Lauchus' letat': Writing great music she would easily be the most famous Russian artist, if she paid more attention to attractive performances. Anyway, pregnant as she is, we get what she can best - stand there and just sing her song.

11. Band'Eros - Manhatten: An unusually calm song from this creative and energetic 'hip-pop' group, but nevertheless their so far most successful song rotating on Russian radio, one of the top 10 of 2008. Convincing performance as always, thanks to the two great singers.

12. Sogdiana - Veter dognat': Generally the artist with the most beautiful performances, but this one is far below her level. A mediocre remix of her song, ridiculous costumes and without the grace of the great dance choreographies she's known for.

13. Chelsi - Leti: a boygroup which can survive thanks to the sponsor, one of the richest Russians and owner of a British premier league soccer club (guess which one!). Not bad, but nothing special.

14. Zhenya Otradnaya - Uhodi: nice and funny girl, good music, good performance. Unfortunately I had some transmission problems, so no video link.

15. Dima Bilan - Vsyo v tvoih rukah: The Eurovision song 2008 in Russian. A performance with much routine and professionalism, but well, the song is a-w-f-u-l!

16. VIA Gra - Potseluj: a real super-hit, performed by the most professional 'girl' group of the CIS, excellent dancers and (at least two of them) great singers. The performance itself - I like it more when they use the whole stage than this quite static performance.

17. Stas P'eha & Grigorij Leps - Ona ne tvoya: Most of the time 'joint ventures' between different artists suck, but this one is absolutely great. Watch the duel...sorry...duet of these two top category singers! (ok, the lighting is horrible, so...listen!)

18. Potap i Nastya Kamenskih - Pochemu molchish': Very unusual romantic song by this hiphop-r'n'b-folk group from Ukraine, but the one with which they conquered the hearts of the Russian audience. Excellent performance!

19. Lolita - Orientatsiya sever: Lolita 'Rabiata' - no mercy for her voice, the microphone stand, the audience! Definitely the performance with the biggest 'drive' this evening. Interesting that some of the oldies had much more pepper in the a** than the young generation!

20. Sergej Trofimov - Gorod Sochi: The unofficial hymn of the Olympic Games in Sochi, of course it was never a hit in Russia, not even in tophit's charts. The performance was boring, the music too. An award for this - ridiculous!

21. Nikolaj Baskov & Nadezhda Kadysheva - Vhozhu v lyubov': The song is pure cruelty, the performance even more, but Baskov's 'performance' at the award presentation was excellent, poor Kseniya Sobchak!

22. Valerij Meladze Parallel'nye: Phantastic song and an excellent singer with a good portion of humour. Look into his eyes! You can read there the fun he had during his performance. Outstanding!

23. Uma2rman & Patricia Kaas - Ne pozvonish': Although commercially successful the group had a few years without much footprints on radio. This duet with the French singer brought them back on air. The song is ok, the performance nice, you know - 'nice' the sister of 'bor...'

24. Patricia Kaas - Mne nravitsya: Nice gesture to let the foreign guest perform the finale, but honestly, this was absolutely b-o-r-i-n-g! But it adds to the feeling that this show could have been much better, some highlight and some performances, which never should have been in a show of this format.
Old 07-01-2009, 22:13   #2

Argos, thank you so much Where is Tatu?
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
Old 08-01-2009, 00:33   #3
Postmodern

Thank you, Argos
Old 08-01-2009, 01:18   #4
Участник

Awesome! Good to see Valeri Meladze, Sofia Rotaru and Lolita performing. Three of my faves!
Old 09-01-2009, 00:11   #5
Sweet W/ A Couple Of Nuts

Can someone upload Manhatten, Uhodi, Ona ne tvoya, and Pochemu molchish' in HQ mp3 please (live HQ is fine with me)?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Family is like fudge, very sweet with a couple of nuts.
Old 09-01-2009, 00:45   #6
...rosa pastel

Where's Savicheva??? hehe... I miss the old times when the very first forumers
used to talk and love Russian Music
I found a cd last week with so much Russian music I got from here thanks to
Razormaid, Denial, Greg, Argos and so many other people... damn I miss those times =(
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53   #7
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Russia View Post
Where's Savicheva??? hehe... I miss the old times when the very first forumers
used to talk and love Russian Music
I found a cd last week with so much Russian music I got from here thanks to
Razormaid, Denial, Greg, Argos and so many other people... damn I miss those times =(
I wish Savicheva were doing better too. Unfortunately, Origami is an amazing album that isn't producing anything spectacular for her.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:26   #8
¡Viva La Lena!

thanks Argos,some of this acts are new for me when it comes to russian music, and I`ve seen them for the very first time, what it`s quite surprisin(for me at least) is that Playback seems to Rule! for russians
too bad that some of my favorites were Not there , they would have been much better than some acts that I saw there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post

13. Chelsi - Leti: a boygroup which can survive thanks to the sponsor, one of the richest Russians and owner of a British premier league soccer club (guess which one!). Not bad, but nothing special.
I`d say Nothing special the russiam BSB!l, the faces of the people in the audience was like like me, Roman Abramovich should invest more!
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous

Last edited by FiorE; 10-01-2009 at 05:04.
Old 10-01-2009, 13:55   #9
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie
Where is Tatu?
I've carefully looked through all my video material. I didn't find them in the audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMAFANATKA93
Can someone upload Manhatten, Uhodi, Ona ne tvoya, and Pochemu molchish' in HQ mp3 please (live HQ is fine with me)?
I'll present the shows of 'Pesnya goda' and 'Novye pesni o glavnom'. Then you may make your list and I'll upload your requests in one archive file, if that's convenient for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Russia
Where's Savicheva???
She released four singles from her new album and all of them became flops. Songs not well suited for the Russian market, lack of proper promotion and a year of quarrels between her production company (Max Fadeev) and Channel One and her label Monolit.

Ok, the next big music show!

Pesnya Goda 2008

A five hour song marathon with (almost) all the stars of the Russian music scene. 60 songs with about fifty different acts chosen by the almighty Alla Pugacheva, the host of this festival. The show is for all ages and represents the artistical work of the whole scene of popular music in Russia. Some names are still missing, either they didn't produce something countable the last year (tatu, Savicheva...) or they are 'persona non grata' like Elena Terleeva, Dima Koldun or Irakli.

I've skipped the performances we know from the 'Golden Gramophone' and those aimed more at people of age 40+, the list contains the successful pop stars of the scene and some new acts.

Stas P'eha - Na ladoni liniya: 2008 was quite a successful year for Stas. An album and two radio hits, and invited in the greatest music shows. Finally the 'Star Factory' participant has made his way, and he is an excellent singer, by the way.
Ani Lorak - Shady Lady: You may know the song from last Eurovision, but I think this time her performance is much better.
Potap i Nastya Kamenskih - Krepkie oreshki (Hard Nuts): A surprise. Everybody expected another song from them, but Alla the Great wanted this one. Potap and Nastya go to the movies - 'Die Hard'. While Potap slobbers over the hard-balled (krepkie oreshki) main actor and tells the story of part 1 - 3 (well, not literally), Nastya falls in love with Bruce Willis.
Zaklyopki - Kino: Alla Pugacheva brought this a bit different 'Girl'-group from Novaya Volna to this festival. Entertaining performance.
Alessandro Ristori - Rock Around The Clock: Another Novaya Volna competitor from Italy. Watch this rock'n'roll performance - extraordinary!
VIA Gra - My Emancipation: Watching such 'girls' it's impossible to be not fascinated! Great song, great performance!
Vintazh i Elena Korikova - Plohaya devochka: This song brought the talented group right to the top of the Russian music scene. A nasty, scandalous video clip may have helped a bit to reach the goal. Excellent performance!
IRIS - Lyogkoj dzhazovoj pohodkoj: The next act from Novaya Volna. One of the best performances from a young lady, who fights courageously against the adversities of stage life.
A'Studio & Otpetye moshenniki - Serdtsem k serdtsu: A'Studio, the pop-rock group with a classical touch meets the rap-hooligans 'Die-hard Rascals'.
Vera Brezhneva - Ya ne igrayu: The ex-VIA Gra girl Vera Brezhneva with her first single. OMG-OMG, is she h-o-t-t!!!
Sergej Lazarev - Girlfriend: The girls love him, that's for sure. He has borrowed quite a lot from American stars, not only this song. Cool performance.
MakSim - Moj raj: Well, playback and just standing there - better listen to the album! But that's her style, not only when she is pregnant.
Majya - Za mig do zimy: Another new face on the big stage. Nice performance from this talented singer.
BiS - Katya: If you need a song for a children's birthday party, this is right for you. I guess, the younger you are, the more you'll like it!
Gorod 312 - Nevidimka: This young and very likeable group had their first big radio hit with this song. Nice performance.
Glyuk'oza - Babochki: After a baby-break Natasha Ionova came back with this song, not with the same success as in the old times, but good enough to be among the artists chosen for this festival. One of the more sentimental songs of her repertoire.
Irina Dubtsova & Polina Gagarina - Komu? Zachem?: Two singers, fighting to get into the 'premier league' of Russian music business, with a very emotional song. Excellent performance!
Polina Gagarina - Lyubov' pod solntsem: Actually a song released in summer 2007, but with a long lifetime for almost a year. The first countable success for the participant of an earlier 'Star Factory'.
Zhenya Otradnaya - Uhodi: I couldn't give you a link to the 'Golden Gramophone' performance, so here's the one of 'Pesnya Goda'. She released her first album this year and I'd say, this isn't even her best song, but it was very successful on radio.
Angel-A - Prostaya devchonka: Ex-girl from the group 'Non-Stop', She released already an album, but so far she has not managed her break-through. Maybe this chance to be seen by a major audience is of some use for her career.
Diskoteka "Avariya" - Otsy!: The rock-rap group with a bunch of children on stage. Obviously everybody had fun there.
Alla Pugacheva & Maksim Galkin - Gromootvody: Ok, this had to be - the performance of the host, and by the way the dream pair of Russian show business.
Serebro - Opium: Although currently the most successful group, we can see their biggest deficiency. On this huge stage they look quite lost. Not used to interact with the audience they finally escape to their band.
Dima Bilan - Believe: Even an awful song can't stop Dima from making a great performance. Without a doubt one of the best on stage.

Last edited by Argos; 11-01-2009 at 10:37.
Old 10-01-2009, 22:33   #10
Участник

I'm surprised no Yura Shatunov or Verka Serduchka at Pesnya Goda. They have some good fairly-recent songs that should've been showcased..
Old 11-01-2009, 23:27   #11

Quote:
I'll present the shows of 'Pesnya goda' and 'Novye pesni o glavnom'. Then you may make your list and I'll upload your requests in one archive file, if that's convenient for you.
thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-01-2009, 23:30   #12
no....

Quote:
Irina Dubtsova & Polina Gagarina - Komu? Zachem?: Two singers, fighting to get into the 'premier league' of Russian music business, with a very emotional song. Excellent performance!
what a novel idea executed so well. i'm definitely gonna go on the search for this song.

Quote:
Polina Gagarina - Lyubov' pod solntsem: Actually a song released in summer 2007, but with a long lifetime for almost a year. The first countable success for the participant of an earlier 'Star Factory'.
i loved half of her debut album (couldn't get into her english attempts)... this song is on par with with the title track and the ballad kolybel'naya... has she released a sophomore album or what?

Quote:
BiS - Katya: If you need a song for a children's birthday party, this is right for you. I guess, the younger you are, the more you'll like it!
this song is perplexing to me... it's just like i almost like it cause it's so freaking odd. is it the derivative simple and repetitive lyrics? The typical meladze produced driving beat in the background? the hand claps? It's the russian "mmm bop" in my opinion. I quite liked "Blizhe" though...
Old 12-01-2009, 00:35   #13
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
... has she released a sophomore album or what?
Don't think so. 'Poprosi u oblakokov' was released last summer, and this year she wasn't on a release list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
this song is perplexing to me... it's just like i almost like it cause it's so freaking odd. is it the derivative simple and repetitive lyrics? The typical meladze produced driving beat in the background? the hand claps? It's the russian "mmm bop" in my opinion. I quite liked "Blizhe" though...
The beat of 'Katya' makes me sick! Cheaper isn't possible. But 'Blizhe' is really good.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:41   #14
reconciled

Thank you, Argos. Great thread! I love Lolita .
Old 13-01-2009, 12:51   #15
Martian Eyes

Ok, the next show!

Novye Pesni o Glavnom

Every season Channel One broadcasts the show 'New Songs About The Main Topic', in which new songs are presented. Once a year (the New Year show) we get a super show with 50 songs and almost five hours duration, which assembles together all the great new songs of the year...well, theoretically. In reality we get to see only artists, who are connected to some extent with Channel One. Stars, who are in the scene for many years and have made personal friends with the leaders of the channel, 'employees' of the channel, the whole 'Star Factory' family (they are bound by contract to the channel), proteges of the big production centers, who work together with Channel One etc. So it's no surprise that we see more than 30 of the 50 acts shown the year before in this year again.

Who's missing? All the artists managed by Maksim Fadeev (Serebro, Savicheva, Glyuk'oza, Terleeva, Irakli...), who has fallen out with the big boss of the channel, Konstantin Ernst, and of course independent people like Dima Bilan, Valeriya, Lazarev or the new acts Infinity, T9, or Leonid Rudenko.

Under these circumstances it's almost a surprise that it was nevertheless a decent show, which was even better than RTR's 'Pesnya goda'. Less average age of the participants and slightly fresher music. I've skipped again the performances which we already know and the 40+ repertoire (almost) and also the failures in the charts with one exception (In'-Yan).

Sofiya Rotaru - Ne uhodi: Another song from Rotaru, which became a hit in autumn, not quite as good as ''Ya nazovu planetu', but she's always good when it comes to performing.
Kristina Orbakajte - Solntse net: With all her perfectionism she often forgets to have fun on stage. Catchy song and awesome performance, but she loses her bracelet (1:08) right in the middle of the stage, very inconvenient. Nobody dares to kick that thing away, so it's almost a miracle that nobody scrunches it.
Chaj vdvoyom - Zakoldovannyj krug: Very successful group in Russia, although their songs aren't so really masterpieces. Well-trimmed bodies and a performance with much routine.
Anna Sedokova - Privykayu: It's almost five years that she left VIA Gra and her career since then was quite modest. Now she works for Channel One and in 2008 she had her first successful single in Russia with this song. Seems, that she made the grade.
In'-Yan - Karma: A really good song, but for some strange reason it terribly flopped. The group, formed from four participants of the 'Star Factory 7', is getting better and better at their performances. Nevertheless, long way to go.
Anna Semenovich & Arash - Na morya: Two years ago she left 'Blestyaschie' and there was much more gossip about her than noticeable artistic work, and then - bang - a hit together with Arash. As former worldclass icedancer and ex-Blestyaschie member she knows how to move, and she can count on her greatest (protruding) talents, too.
Blestyaschie - Znaesh', milyj: The year 2007 was close to apocalypse for the group. Three members left and the producer had to build up his team from scratch. It took until summer 2008. This is the not yet released second single of the new line-up. Watching their performance, I would say, the future of the group doesn't look so dark anymore.
Hel'ga - Moj ostrov: Unknown new, young artist with a quite unusual appearance for Russian standards. Let's wait and see if she will be accepted. Anyway, the show got some hoped for variety.
Korni - Pro tebya: A group partly build from the first 'Star Factory'. Strange performance and even more strange the 'work-sharing' in the group. Well, at least the music isn't that bad.
Yuliya Koval'chuk - Tolkni menya: She left 'Blestyaschie' last New Year, but unlike most other girls leaving a group, she was well prepared for a new career. Album ready, although postponed because of the financial crisis, full calendar and her debut song was good on rotation. No great voice, but her dancing is excellent.
A'Studio - Angel: Already an old song, from autumn 2007. Successful in the charts. The behaviour of the band is a bit too much reserved, but the Russians seem to like them.
Fabrika - My takie raznye: A girlgroup lined up from the first 'Star Factory'. Not bad but not really convincing. One of the many modestly talented girlbands in Russia.
Zhanna Friske - Zhanna Friske: Awarded with the plagiate of the year. The retiree from 'Blestyaschie' knows how to keep close to the tops, although you can't call her songs hit material, but she knows how to handle the media and the audience.
Valerij Meladze - Vopreki: Whatever song he sings, the 'last romantic' (self-description) won't fail, always a joy to watch him. And his brother, the composer, got the award for the best song of the year for this.
Old 15-01-2009, 01:18   #16

Argos, Can you please upload these songs to an archive file? I am really sorry... It's such a long list but I really liked alot of these songs lol..
Valeriya - Chelovek dozhdya
Vika Dajneko - Stop, kuda zhe ya idu
Band'Eros - Manhatten
Sogdiana - Veter dognat'
Zhenya Otradnaya - Uhodi
Ani Lorak - Shady Lady
Potap i Nastya Kamenskih - Krepkie oreshki (Hard Nuts)
Vintazh i Elena Korikova - Plohaya devochka
Vera Brezhneva - Ya ne igrayu
Majya - Za mig do zimy
Glyuk'oza - Babochki
Irina Dubtsova & Polina Gagarina - Komu? Zachem? (This song gave me goosebumps lol)
Polina Gagarina - Lyubov' pod solntsem
Zhenya Otradnaya - Uhodi
Angel-A - Prostaya devchonka
Anna Sedokova - Privykayu
Anna Semenovich & Arash - Na morya
Blestyaschie - Znaesh', milyj
Hel'ga - Moj ostrov
Yuliya Koval'chuk - Tolkni menya
Fabrika - My takie raznye
Zhanna Friske - Zhanna Friske
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 15-01-2009, 19:13   #17
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMAFANATKA93 View Post
... It's such a long list but I really liked alot of these songs lol..
Somehow I expected that.
Ok, I gathered the songs mostly from their albums, video clips and radio rips. Only three of them are actually rips from the shows, which by the way were not of best transmission quality.
Here you go!
Old 17-01-2009, 00:24   #18

Quote:
Somehow I expected that.
Ok, I gathered the songs mostly from their albums, video clips and radio rips. Only three of them are actually rips from the shows, which by the way were not of best transmission quality.
Lol... Thanks Argos!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 17-01-2009, 00:29   #19

Thank you Argos for mp3s
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
ReplyPost New Thread