Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Nintendo and other stuff which we couldn't live without

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 14-10-2003, 17:54   #1
Harrumph.

Talking Nintendo and other stuff which we couldn't live without

I just love making threads that have little to naught to do with this forum.

Anyway, I'm one big Nintendo geek (yeah, image deceives, doesn't it? ) and being that I've been checking out ages and all in the forum, I figured I'm more or less in the category that only had a chance to test the NES before the SNES came out. (Nevermind Atari, Famicon or MAME, I never had a chance to test those out...) With so many of us in one place, I wonder if I'm the only gaming system freak in this forum. I'm all for playing The Legend of Zelda, any game, any period (I used to have an emulator for the first ever Zelda, for... Famicon? NES? I think.)

So I am wonder: whichever your time was, you sure as hell were touched by a gaming system and an specific game. (Mario Bros. for NES comes to mind. *Nostalgic sniff.*) O_o And unless you're real young, Devilish Yulia kinda young, I defy you to tell me that the PSx rocked your world.

So, do tell the game that stirs your memories. Any game, any gaming system is valid.
Old 14-10-2003, 18:08   #2
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
w00t GO OLD SKEWL NES...

I still remember thinking that Mario Bros 3 was kewl. Before it came out in canada...a few of my friends from school and I got advance copies from FL when my mom went there for something or the other, and we were the shit

LOL those were the days ... good times *shakes head*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 14-10-2003, 18:13   #3
a kind of fresh madness

I'm a Nintendo kid!

The very first games machine I ever got was a SNES. I believe I was about 11 or 12 years old at the time. The very first game I ever played on it was Super Mario World and to this day it still remains my favourite game ever.
I can't be bothered with any of these next-gen consoles. Call me old-skool but I like my video games to look like video games - I don't want any super realistic, totally lifelike stuff. Games should be about escapism. I'd much rather immerse myself in the cartoon-y stylings of Yoshi's Island than something that looks just like the world that I already live in (and despise).
The most recent games machine I have is a Gameboy Advance. It's cool but it doesn't even come close to my SNES.
My SNES, by the way, is still in total working order and I play it regularly. I have a whole cupboard full of games and accessories for it. I was told that if I sold the whole lot together I could make myself a fair bit of money but I'm so attached to it that I could never sell it. I'd feel lke I was selling a part of my childhood.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 14-10-2003, 18:29   #4
Harrumph.

Mossopp, do you mind if I drop in your house someday? I'll bring my N64. XD

As a geek, I should be, but I actually am not enjoying the XBox/PS2/PSx/GameCube era. I haven't played the GameCube but it ain't all that great (bonus, vectors instead of polygons, minus, that horrible control), for what I see, the XBox is merely a MicroSoft computer inbedded in a HUGE ASS console, and I'm simply not a partidary of Sony.

I guess I'll remain stuck between SNES and N64, since those two had my favorite games: Super Mario World, Mario All Stars, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (one AMAZING game) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Mario 64, Smash Brothers, Pokemon Snap (yeah, I'm a child of Pokemon, I still have my Pokemon toys XD)... mmmh, oh, an Mario Party 2.
Old 14-10-2003, 19:37   #5
Just say maybe

You can't go calling the SNES old school. Pshaw.

The Spectrum +2, now that's real old school gaming. My cousin and I both had them. He bought an incredible amount of games for his, I would usually tape them off him. My favourite game changed all the time. I remember Gauntlet fondly, but the tape I made was a bit wappy, so it tended to drop you on random levels. This did no favours to the difficulty curve.

Dizzy was a bit of a favourite too, as was the Ghostbusters game, complete with digitised speech. I've never ever met a person who won at that game, I believe it was genuinely impossible.

Oh yes.

All that said, it's games of the era Mossopp talks about that reel me back in. Those old Spectrum classics are just too primitive now, it's too hard to get past the graphics and the hideous wail of the loading screen.

I never bought a console - my pocket money wouldn't run to that - and my parents didn't really believe in the things. But my childminder had a NES, and subsequently a SNES. Playing Super Mario World again for pure kicks would be great. It's been a long time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 14-10-2003, 20:08   #6
Участник

sega master system 4ever!
Old 14-10-2003, 20:24   #7
Quality Control

Dang...Spectrum... I had that Talk about old skool

I kind of remember some submarine game (The name evades me though..It was like 15 years ago )

Pffft I had a Sega Genesis (No Nintendo fo' me, well I had the N64 but thats besides the point )..Nothing beats Ghouls And Ghosts(Ghosts 'n' Goblins)...Arcade classic turned, fantastic conversion for the Genesis. Never could get enough of that game, it was just brilliant for those times (Early 90's)
Old 14-10-2003, 20:46   #8
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally posted by THEvolkovaADDICT
Nothing beats Ghouls And Ghosts(Ghosts 'n' Goblins)...Arcade classic turned, fantastic conversion for the Genesis. Never could get enough of that game, it was just brilliant for those times (Early 90's)
Super Ghouls N Ghosts on the SNES is the toughest game I've ever played. I've been trying for years and I still can't complete it - even with the awesome cheats I've got for it!

And darje - you're welcome at my house any time mate! Bet you can't beat me at Street Fighter 2!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 14-10-2003, 20:48   #9
Участник

street fighter 2? im the fucking master...go ryu!
Old 14-10-2003, 20:52   #10
Quality Control

Quote:
Super Ghouls N Ghosts on the SNES is the toughest game I've ever played. I've been trying for years and I still can't complete it - even with the awesome cheats I've got for it!
Yeah my mate had that, I think he never beat it either...I've never really took a fancy to games that had "Super" attached on to the title...They just made the game faster and pointlessly harder

Quote:
Bet you can't beat me at Street Fighter 2!
Im sure I could
Old 14-10-2003, 20:56   #11
Just say maybe

If I could play as Chung-Li I'd give you one hell of a kicking, Mr Taty So-Called 90210. Maybe.

I'd certainly muller any of you at Yi Ah Kung Fu. I do show my age.

I seem to remember a game about a submarine. For some reason I have the idea that it may have turned pink in later levels when the moon came out. I'm not sure where this idea comes from, it may not be accurate. Maybe those Bass Shandies were deceptively strong.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.
Old 14-10-2003, 20:58   #12
a kind of fresh madness

When I play as Ryu on SF2 I'm un-f#cking-beatable!
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 14-10-2003, 21:03   #13
you'll need love

I have my old NES - Nintendo 8-bit - still. Complete with remotes and around 20 games. My favorite game was "Kid Icarus" but I couldn't buy it anywhere. But my brother and me rented it every time we could.
My brother had a Master SEGA instead (don't remember the name) but the old machine too. But his remotes broke a while ago. Damn. Now I have a PS2 but no games. I'll buy some soon

Edit: Corrected the errors I noticed..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 14-10-2003 at 21:42.
Old 14-10-2003, 21:04   #14
Quality Control

Quote:
For some reason I have the idea that it may have turned pink in later levels when the moon came out.
It might have been that..It was a long, loooong time ago for me... It was strangely addictive for me, even if I was a little kiddie back then..

Quote:
Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!!
LMAO...Ryu Vs Ken it is then... One day...
Old 14-10-2003, 21:32   #15
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I remember having borrowed a SNES back in the early 90s from a friend for a week. It ended up staying with me for a month and I still remember the fun I had with Super Mario World 3.

But I was a Sega kid myself... I owned a Mega-Drive from 1991 till 1996 (known as genesis in the States). Sonic The Hedgehog was the ruler there...I had all parts plus Sonic Pinball. LOL... I completely ruined my eyesight playing Road Rash in 16 hour sessions LOL. The money I spend buying those owerpriced cartriges...shees. I'd be a millionaire by now.

My first contact with the consoles was the legendary Game Boy... the game I played most there was...surprise, surprise... Tetris!! LOL... and then Popay, Daffy Duck something something adventures, the original Super Mario World (the best game ever!!!),Catlemania... and many many more...LOL

Even before that I used to own a Commodore 64, but I guess that doesn't count as a console.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 14-10-2003, 21:39   #16
you'll need love

At the Sega Master System (thank you freddie) we played Teddy Boy and Alex The Kid mostly
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 14-10-2003, 22:03   #17
@_@

Send a message via AIM to 0newinged Send a message via Yahoo to 0newinged
ooo oldschool games I could be stuck to my NES for hours... paperboy, mario games, teenage mutant ninja turtles but the SNES is my fav Donkey Kong Country was addictive... Chrono Trigger blew my mind O_o ahh... things were so much simpler back in the day
Old 14-10-2003, 22:10   #18
a kind of fresh madness

Donkey Kong Country was inspired! The follow-up - Diddy's Kong Quest - was pretty awesome too! I loved that little girl monkey that could float in the air by spinning her hair around!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 14-10-2003, 23:06   #19
My Waking Hour

Nothing can beat the Amiga games of the 80s-90s . Those games had "depth". Games of today just concentrate on graphics and not on "lastability". It's a marketing strategy to make you get bored of a game quickly then move to the next one.

But if I chose one system of the past that would be Dreamcast
Old 14-10-2003, 23:10   #20
keep 'em guessing

Quote:
Originally posted by taty994945
street fighter 2? im the fucking master...go ryu!

that game was the coolest!!!!!

but as far as games go, i had a sega.
i was in grade 2 back then, so i never really paid much attention. ppl always used to come just to play the game , and i was just excited that ppl actually came . i had the game w/ "sonic the hedgehog", now that kicked pure @$$!
when i was younger we had all the game systems, so i neva and still don't care much for them. this was also b/c my lil bro. always took 'em home w/ him so i neva really got a chance to play anyway.
we had nintendo, super nintendo, ps, n64 and lil bro. probably has game cube, ps2 or xbox by now, if not all.

but i only like racing, basketball or fighting (one on one) games.

ps. i had a ninja turtle game once............... wonder what ever came of that..............
ReplyPost New Thread