Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2005

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 15-02-2005, 16:12   #41
Primetime Anchor

Sweden had its first semi-final. Shirley Clamp with another abba-dabba-pop ripoff went to the final. I have a feeling that it maybe enough to win the final in Sweden too. The girl sings so surely live and the song is arranged in the best traditions of the Swedish quality music. To all that, the song is built perfectly and it sticks to you directly.

Wanna check it out?
Shirley Clamp - Att Älska Dig (To Love You)

P.S. Another finalist was a goup Nordman. It went to the final only because it was big in Sweden in the beginning of the 90's and now they made a come back. Not a chance in the national final though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 15-02-2005, 16:27   #42
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Wanna check it out?
Shirley Clamp - Att Älska Dig (To Love You).
'gimme gimme gimmeeeeeeeeeeeee another swedish song!'

that abbaism isnt doing it for me! i even prefer the last years ormmmmf de orrrrrrrrrrmf
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 18-02-2005, 21:21   #43
Primetime Anchor

I didn't manage to get the on-line broadcast of Channel One Russia to work here. So no updates from my part. Will wait until some one uploads mp3 to check.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 19-02-2005, 18:55   #44
you'll need love

Danish contribution sucks big time this year aswell. I actually hoped they would close down the show when voting started, cos all of the songs were crappy.
At least the Olsen Brothers didn't win this year. So we'll be sending yet another popstar/idols/star of a night participant and hope he won't get 0 points in the semifinal for ESC..

edit:
Stream of the song: Jakob Sveistrup - Jeg Tænder På Dig (You turn me on)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 20-02-2005, 04:28   #45
no....

Quote:
I didn't manage to get the on-line broadcast of Channel One Russia to work here. So no updates from my part. Will wait until some one uploads mp3 to check.
I managed to catch parts... haha, i didn't manage to hear any of the songs good enough to make an opinion...

here's the top 3:
Irina Shott - Indentify Yourself
Panaiotov and Chumakov - Balalaika
Slava - I wanna be the one

the Final is next week, here's what's up:
Панайотов и Чумаков Balalaika
Наталья Подольская Nobody hurt no one
Варвара Летала да пела
Чай Вдвоём Lusille is my name
Анастасия Стоцкая Shadows dance all around me
Дима Билан Not that simple
Джем & Елена Терлеева No More War

... i dunno why Slava isn't on this list, but it got the lowest percentage of all the top 3's

i personally like "shadows dance all around me" and "letala da pela" and "nobody hurt no one".... at least of the ones i've heard
Old 20-02-2005, 05:17   #46
She thinks I'm hot!

Send a message via ICQ to Honu Send a message via AIM to Honu Send a message via Yahoo to Honu
nath posted a link in another thread to Varvara's song "Letala Da Pela". I like that song, too.
Old 07-03-2005, 20:53   #47
Primetime Anchor

All finalists of the Swedish National selection. Some songs are pretty good.
Melodifestival.zip [53mb]
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 07-03-2005, 22:30   #48
Trust no1

The UK has chosen it's entry. "Touch My Fire" sung by Javine, a contestant in a reality pop show, who was nearly in Girls Aloud. We sure can pick them

Oddly enough the British public did not go with the tabloid newspapers' choice and vote for Katie Price (aka Jordan), a former topless model famous for multiple boob jobs and currently 3 months pregnant with Peter Andre's baby. I wonder why?

Details about Javine and a short 30 second clip of the song can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovisi...s/javine.shtml
Old 22-03-2005, 17:52   #49
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Songs list comleted. Few hours ago final draw for ESC took place. Here it is:

19 May – Semi Final

1: Austria
2: Lithuania
3: Portugal
4: Moldova
5: Latvia
6: Monaco
7: Israel
8: Belarus
9: The Netherlands
10: Iceland
11: Belgium
12: Estonia
13: Norway
14: Romania
15: Hungary
16: Finland
17: Macedonia
18: Andorra
19: Switzerland
20: Croatia
21: Bulgaria
22: Ireland
23: Slovenia
24: Denmark
25: Poland

21 May – Final

1: Qualifier from semi-final
2: United Kingdom
3: Malta
4: Qualifier from semi-final
5: Qualifier from semi-final
6: Turkey
7: Qualifier from semi-final
8: Albania
9: Cyprus
10: Spain
11: Qualifier from semi-final
12: Serbia & Montenegro
13: Qualifier from semi-final
14: Sweden
15: Qualifier from semi-final
16: Ukraine
17: Germany
18: Qualifier from semi-final
19: Greece
20: Russia
21: Bosnia & Herzegovina
22: Qualifier from semi-final
23: Qualifier from semi-final
24: France

Duh... finally Russia gets good 20th placing after all those 9-11 years and it just has to be Greece with all mighty Greece before us
Old 23-03-2005, 02:53   #50
ex-sunnich

http://podolskaya.info/video/nobody.avi - live performance vid of russian participant

http://www.podolskaya.info/mp3/other...urt_no_one.mp3 - final version re-worked with HIM and Rasmus musicians and producers

Old 23-03-2005, 06:53   #51
Primetime Anchor

sunny poison, Thanks for the updates. The song is totally cool. We'll see how it will go at the rehearsals, it's where we can get some hints on how it looks on stage.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 23-03-2005, 07:09   #52
ex-sunnich

Quote:
sunny poison, Thanks for the updates. The song is totally cool. We'll see how it will go at the rehearsals, it's where we can get some hints on how it looks on stage.
Well.. I personally like the song and have reasons to believe it will be performed way better than last year. The draw is also quite cool. But unfortunately ESC viewers have a bit different taste. And Greece that will perform right before Russia will get all attention on itself. Helena is well known from Antique. She has standard ESC song and will look great lol Anyway, we'll see.

If anyone wants to get song by some particular country, let me know. Being a participant of some ESC-related game I was damned to hear them all.
Old 23-03-2005, 07:14   #53
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny poison
If anyone wants to get song by some particular country, let me know. Being a participant of some ESC-related game I was damned to hear them all.
I haven't heard them all yet. Will check the preview videos later in May. Any chance you give us your opinions on each song?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 23-03-2005 at 07:48.
Old 23-03-2005, 07:29   #54
ex-sunnich

Quote:
I haven't head them all yet. Will check the preview videos later in May. Any chance you give us your opinions on each songs?
Well.. I heard them all and have seen most of the performances in national finals wich gives some idea on performing abilities of the singer.

Well sure.. if u are interested I'll post reviews on all 40 later today. May be it will happen even before i fall dead asleep here.. 9.30 am gaaaah
Old 23-03-2005, 07:49   #55
ex-sunnich

spyretto,
u shouldnt take this thing too serious lol it's about fun

Greece will represent the classics of ESC.. I dont see why wouldnt ppl vote for it.

As for Russia... yes, it lacks some ESC catchyness may be.. I say it rocks coz god u should see our final lol It was the least crappy of all.

Anyway it's gonna be a fun year. Russia is not most controversial song there. Inspired by TATU's fame many went for rock style this year. Moldova is a total craziness singing about granma that plays on her drum, Norway found some Kiss-wanna-bes, Switzerland went for rock style as well.. they invited estonian band Vanilla Ninja to sing for them, estonians themselves picked another 4 girls with girl-power rockish song, germany stole some tatu-sound for their song performed by Gracia... NOX for Hungary will perform ethnic-rock, some countries like Slovenia and Finland went for rock-ballad... and Austria just mixed latin and austrian sound together for some funny wierd song. Russia is a pop song almost lol

Lets just wait and see and let the best crap win
Old 23-03-2005, 08:19   #56
My Waking Hour

Classics of ESC? hmmm, don't know about that

Russia...well, I didn't mean it's not catchy. It's the style, this style doesn't go well with the competition as we know it. Tatu was a different case coz they were already established when they went and people expected something different anyway. And Tatu had their own particular style as well.

Now to send something like that, well I don't know. But then again maybe the recently participating countries ( like Russia, ex soviet Union, Bulgaria etc. ) can bring something else

I feel like it isn't fair though
I mean, really, if any decent bands in Greece were interested in the competiton and were left alone to choose their own song, Greece could send something that would blow Russia's effort away ( well in terms of quality, not sure about the placement though )
Now nobody knows that because Greece decides to send something crappy year after year. But if that happened it wouldn't be fair either.
So the ESC has always been a silly ( yet fun ) opportunity for cheesy songs to compete within a ridiculous context ( with very few exceptions )

Now it's getting a bit serious, though the quality hasn't improved, it's still poor yet a different kind of poor.
Ahem, I'll listen to the rest of the songs and tell you my opinion, if it means anything....I'll do it now

So did Sweden go for "Abbaesque" again?
Old 23-03-2005, 08:23   #57
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
So did Sweden go for "Abbaesque" again?
Thanks God, not this time ..but it's an -esque though. Nothing new but the guy is sure on stage and sings well. Sweden should be fine.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 23-03-2005, 12:14   #58
ex-sunnich

lol spyretto, u are so positive about those songs lol Must admit we agree on most of them tho with lil exceptions. So here's mine:

19 May – Semi Final

1: Austria - U either take it with humor or hate it. Some would call it a shlager, some would decide it's totally tasteless. But without a doubt it could be performed 10 years ago and would still give same feeling. Funny mixure of latin style with austrian yayahooooo's and performers who don't take themselves seriously. Video gives some light-feeling. Not a winner but will get funny votes for sure.

2: Lithuania - As Sweden decided to give up on Abba style Lithuania decided to take the empty spot. Typical abba-song. Not very annoying and even somewhat catchy. But it gets boring at the second half as there's no improvement.. second half just sounds like a first one. All fans of Sandra Bullok and Cortney Cox together, this singer is for u judging by the looks.

3: Portugal - I wont comment on this one. They kept all in secret and managed to do so even after the draw took place. Then they just announced the performers: some girl and a guy from those talent shows. I'm not really keen on downloading it. At least now.

4: Moldova - Bunica bate Toba.. some country-like funny song with heavy folk-rock instrumental parts typical for this quite famous in Russia Moldovian band. 'Who's the Beatles? Where from is Peter Pan? Who's that gypsy Jimmy Hendrix..' and so on. U either find it extremly entertaining or stupid. Guys dont take themselves seriously and can provide a great live show for sure (seen them many times at all kinds of rus-rock concerts)

5: Latvia - Very nice ballad sang by 2 young latvian boys. The War is not Over... touchy one but it's more of a grower. I doubt ppl will remember it and run to vote after first hearing. I have a feeling it will get much less than it deserves.

6: Monaco - This is what they call a typical French ballad. It's accompanied with an orchestra. Not that bad but with so many ballads this year and singer who's not strong enough for it will be totally forgotten more likely.

7: Israel - Here comes another ballad. Gives u this 'I heard it before' feeling despite the fact it's sang in native language. The singer is not that bad, still most voters will be more concentrated on her Sharelise Theron (sorry if i missplled that) looks.

8: Belarus -it's even hard to give any opinion now as it's 3rd song provided with Belarus in a row. First it was boring 'Boys and Girls' then after seeing fans' reaction they went for one written by israil composer and finally this one was written by greeks. It's a catchy gay song with quite stupid lyrics and Anzhelika (originally russian.. year, we made nice exchange with Belarus this year) who has wierd acient. Can do well.. but most fans hate this entry with all their heart as they believe whole Belorussian selection was hella unfair.

9: The Netherlands - One more ballad. This time Whitney-like. Good singer with powerful voice but... I couldnt make myself to listen to this song to an end. Call me a ballad-hater but this one is too boring.

10: Iceland - First big come back. Ones who follow eurovision can remember Selma. This is what they call 'potential winner' and all fans go crazy about. In fact it's just a mixture of different songs (one of them is Toxic) with verses being stronger than chorus. Sounds quite modern but I'm not sure I really enjoy it.

11: Belgium - ballad.. performed by a portugese guy. He's not that bad but it doesnt sound as powerful as it was meant to sound. At least I get this feeling. They had poor final with just two songs this year and yeah, second one was even worse.

12: Estonia - 4 young girls suggesting us to 'get loud'. American-rock-girl-power thing. Catchy one. Quite stupid at times and I'm not sure they won't bomb live. Some kind of easy-listening wich is not always bad.

13: Norway - Queen/Kiss wannabes.. some find it funny and powerful but performance looks completely disgusting and the song belongs to early 80ies.. many see it as a favourite, I personally dont enjoy it any.

14: Romania - Something up-tempo and pop-techno. She has a fine drums show behind her but sounds too cheap for my personal liking.

15: Hungary - Rock ethnic with a singer who doesnt look like a freak. Nice instruments there but song itself could be more interesting. Still one of the best.

16: Finland - This is some good ballad. Something Brian-Adams-like but performed very professionaly. One u can like from the first hearing even if still kinda old-fasioned.

17: Macedonia - One can hear it and decide it's fine but god forbid u to see live performance. This guy is a disaster on stage.

18: Andorra - Wierd ethnic song performed in native language. I cant say its bad but nothing outstanding. Wont even quilify to the final more likely.

19: Switzerland - They have estonian band that is quite famous in Europe to represet them this year. The song is ok, havent heard them live tho. Performance looks quite lifeless to be frank and while the song isnt that bad itself dramatic music just doesnt fit the lyrics. Still one of the best. One more rockish song to ESC 2005 collection.

20: Croatia - one more ballad, balkan type this time. It has quite a weak versus and way catchier chorus. Reminds me some soviet time songs. Not my cup of tea but some fans believe it will qualify.

21: Bulgaria - It's just a wrong choice for ESC I believe. The song would go well for some mood it has this soul in it. But at ESC will be completely forgotten I'm afraid.

22: Ireland - Catchy. Simple. Too simple. Reminds something u heard before. Girl does her job well but the guy kinda ruines it all. And they better work on their show as one they had in national final was pathetic. They looked like kids at some home-concert.

23: Slovenia - Was one of the fan favoirites. Cute slavic ballad performed by some guy many find hot. New version made it go down in many polls. They decided to add some guitars and the wonderful backing singer that was giving the song this special something isnt heard anymore. May be I'm used to old version that I found stronger but new one sounds like some kind of mess.

24: Denmark - Ballad but with some happy thing in it. It's some 'lets hold hands and sing together' stuff. Very old-fasioned. Would fit the contest lets say 10-15 years ago.

25: Poland - Gypsy rythms. If u like gypsy music this one is worth checking. Sang half in polish, half in russian. White cachy but too gypsy for my liking. But it's the last one to be performed in semi and many like it, so will qualify more likely.

21 May – Final

2: United Kingdom - Beyonce goes ethnic. This song is more turkish than turkish entry iteself. But it has this modern touch. Highly underrated by fans who are busy with laughing about 'nipple episode' that took place during performance. Most keep blaming UK for having strong music industry and sending crap but it can get quite high.

3: Malta - Another 'come back'. Chaira took 3rd place a couple of years ago why not to repeat that. She's still as huge as she was wich grabs one attention and makes ppl laugh. But she's got a voice and 'u heard it before but cant tell where exactly so cant say it's plagiatrism' song. Some disney ballad. Some say it's too sweet but it's not a bad thing when it comes to ESC.

6: Turkey - This is not Sertab for sure. U can find something in this song after hearing it a couple of times but first time u hear it u r like 'boooring'. Not something u'd expect from Turkey.

8: Albania - I heard ppl saying this song is cool and that the performer is from Kosovo which will give her some sympathy votes. I dont see anything special in this song and the way this quite attractive singer in ugly dress sings 2 times louder than the music and not always in tune hurts my ears. Will loose to much stronger ethnic songs anyway.

9: Cyprus - Come back number 3. It's the third time he performs at ESC. He's done solo before and then was in that band One. Uptempo ethnic. Guy looks like Tarkan and tries to do Sakis Rouvas. Song is called 'Ela Ela' wich kinda says it all. If u voted for Greece last year, this one u definitely wouldnt want to miss. What caught my attention was a female back-vocal there.

10: Spain - Asereje.. lots of repetitive rythm and that's it. Las ketchup sounded better IMHO.

12: Serbia & Montenegro - Some boys band called 'No name'. Ethnic ballad that's supposed to make u cry I guess. Great scandal during national final and nothing really worth all this fuss in the end.

14: Sweden - Finally not Abba for a change. They went 'James Bond' this time. The chorus is weaker than u'd expect but the singer looks good on the stage and feels quite confident vocally. Can do well at this ballad-ethnic-abba-rock year just being different. Only Iceland has a bit of this James Bond in it as well.

16: Ukraine - that was the most hilarios ESC entry ever when we first heard it. Someone just wouldnt believe that a country.. i host country can send to ESC some cheap rap with 'Yuschenko is our president' lyrics. EBU made them change lyrics and they decided to do it in polish suddenly. Message is still political and I expect lost of orange color on the stage. The rap itself kinda impoved but hell no!

17: Germany - Rock chick. The songs goes TATU at some moments but most of the time it's quite boring. Still one of few close to my personal taste in this contest. Live singing isnt great tho as well as performance.

19: Greece - And here comes the last come back (quite a fun year it is). Helena was a member of Antique that are quite known in Europe and such countries as Sweden gave them 12 points when they particiapated in 2001 i think. This is not the best song I heard, it's quite popish but this lady got a huge support from the fans. Cant say how well she can do live coz she was miming while performing at national final (they werent choosing a singer, just a song) and there were no real show then. I have a feeling this will be improved tho.

20: Russia - U heard it. U saw it. Not gonna comment on this one. All was said above.

21: Bosnia & Herzegovina - Another ABBA and way worse than Lithuania IMHO. Sounded cheap in bosnian but they say english verson sounds much better.

24: France - Ok. The singer is cute. And this song is one of my favourites. Not an ESC type song tho. It's one u'll listen in car i guess.. too repetitive for ESC.
Old 23-03-2005, 21:26   #59
My Waking Hour

Worst songs ( those are for the dogs bollox )

CYPRUS
ROMANIA
AUSTRIA ( if they get high marks again then I don't know what to say )
SERBIA/MONTENEGRO
UKRAINE

so I'd give my points like these so far:

SWITZERLAND 12 points- this is the best chorus and coolest song BY MILES..will it win? Probably not...why? i don't know, just intuition

SLOVENIA 10 points - best composition overall, nice, well done Slovenia !

NORWAY ( for the chorus and the execution, not the cheesiness )
LITHUANIA ( I like it, it's more Blondie than Abba imo so opinions vary )
TURKEY ( is there a good quality version of that song? )
GERMANY
ICELAND (disco with a Toxic ripoff - what can you do
MOLDOVA Well, I'll pay my tribute to the quirky here...can always pretend they're Mano Negra
FINLAND( yeah, I guess the Bryan Adams impersonator is kinda ok )
maybe MALTA as well??

still missing HUNGARY, IRELAND and the mighty PORTUGAL Maybe surprises there?

Overall one of the worst ESC in recent memory...so many cheesy ballads and poor songs overall... If it wasn't for SWITZERLAND and SLOVENIA there'd be no point in even watching the show. i'll only vote for these two songs as well.
Old 24-03-2005, 00:03   #60
ex-sunnich

spy, lol

I somehow feel by the time i answer this ur message it will be deleted o.O

Anyway, this ESC isnt any crappier than previous ones. I must say it's even harder got guess the winner this time that a year ago for example.

Updates:

Seen Belorussian performance. It's not as bad as many want it to be. Something I believe whole ESC is like. Popish, gay and performer went blond. Not my cup of tea but can do better that they expect.

Saw Greece on MTV Russia Total Show. She got quite a good reaction there. Guess votes from Russia are garanteed lol She was still using playback and was alone on the stage but hmm.. the cam was focused on her ass for some reason. Guess operator enjoyed it and well.. i believe he was not alone in that. She's fit.
Saw her preview vid as well. Nothing outstanding but yeh, there will be enough of dancing on the stage on 21th May.

Saw Slovenian preview. Nah, it's still some cool song. Still I miss that female back vocal and guitars are still messy.. and well.. he better keeps his shirt on I believe.

For ones who are interested. Most songs and videos are available here for free download: http://www.keithm.utvinternet.ie/05NFs.htm . Files are mostly 2-3 Mbs size but give u the impression anyway. High quality ones can be found on soulseek they say.
ReplyPost New Thread