Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

FDA to ban gays from sperm banks

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 20-05-2004, 21:18   #1

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
FDA to ban gays from sperm banks

Quote:
ask the donor if he has had sex with men or used injectable drugs in the past five years. If the answer is affirmative in either case no donation is allowed.
How are they going to enforce this? There's no way to tell, unless of course the guy is REALLY gay, so people could just lie! And doesn't this somehow infringe on their right to privacy?

Quote:
This is another instance of the Bush administration ignoring scientific information and putting forth their own agenda to satisfy the extreme right wing conservative voters. It does not take in current scientific findings and recommendations.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_040520172443
Old 20-05-2004, 21:21   #2
winter days ...

i dont really understand banning gay sperm when its going to go through the same rigorous testing [i would hope!] that any other body fluid would go through before being given to someone in the same way blood would.

maybe someone can explain this ? [in a way that makes sense, if there is actually a logical reason for this as opposed to a prejudiced bigoted one]
Old 20-05-2004, 21:23   #3
I don't waste my time

LOL!

this is so absurd, it's hillarious! America is going to be the laughing stock of european newspapers once again Nice going!
Old 20-05-2004, 21:41   #4
viva la scientology!

Quote:
Nice going!
thank you! *is proud to be an American*

what is wrong with this country?!
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 20-05-2004, 21:43   #5
winter days ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrus
thank you! *is proud to be an American*

what is wrong with this country?!

mmm i dont think there is necessarily anything wrong with the country, just the oligarchs who govern it ...
Old 21-05-2004, 04:45   #6
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
There are two ways of looking at this (two feble excuses rather Lol). Either they're afraid gay men will definitely have sexualy transmited diseases (which is a bullshit reason since they have tests for detecting those anyway), or they think that being gay can be heraditary (which homophobic assholes that wrote this law don't accept anyway since they belive being gay is a choice... and even if they DID belive it... what's wrong with being gay anyway?)

So there is no possible logical explanation for this law. It has the same sense to me as putting chastity belts on women in medieval times.
Old 21-05-2004, 05:13   #7
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
it's the same with blood donation, you can't if you're a male who's had anal sex in the last X amount of years. i think..don't quote me but i'm pretty sure you can't donate blood if you're a gay male. i sort of understand the medical perspective, in keeping people who are HIV prone out of the count but you can still test if someone has HIV, why keep gay men out of it?

there's nothing wrong with this country, just the lazy white suburbian conservatives who live in it that are spoon fed all the bush propanda with all the wrong reasons. not to mention, the current administration, including dick cheney who is the brain behind bush anyway. america the free? america the liberal? Hell no. when the ruling party and bulk of the population are bunches of conservatives who care little for social equality and freedom but whether their kids can go to 4 years on the coin they pay just to drink booze and screw each other, only to be eligible for a shitty meaningless job from 9 to 5. the atmosphere is lazy, people care less and less about what made america great to begin with: the need to better society and fully have control over social change. the 60s and 70s were the peak of progressive liberal america, and now everyone is apathetic, lazy, and mislead.
Old 21-05-2004, 06:54   #8
iMod

Hmmm, as far as i know, sperm donation is even stricter in most European countries than in the US.

Here, to be allowed to donate sperm, you have to be married and have fathered at least one child (and your wife has to give a written agreement). Also, the donation has to be a real donation, the donor can't be paid. And if i remember correctly, the donated sperm can only be used on 3 different women maximum (with a successful pregnancy of course, can be more if there are failures).
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 26-05-2004, 05:04   #9
Участник

Send a message via AIM to Airheadap
Lux, You rock!

Many do believe that Homosexuality does come from heredity. Personally, I think it's 100%-Environmentally influenced. But being gay is a good thing. It's slowing world population growth and in someways strengthening the gene pool- ugly men and women usually don't find acceptance with normal people, so they turn gay because they feel others of the same sex accept them better. These ugly people don't reproduce because they obviously can't without being heterosexual couples, and therefore the ugly genes are not passed on. Pretty people who can find mates of the opposite sex reproduce and flourish, and the population generally becomes more attractive.
It's life.
Old 26-05-2004, 05:27   #10
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airheadap
Lux, You rock!

Many do believe that Homosexuality does come from heredity. Personally, I think it's 100%-Environmentally influenced. But being gay is a good thing. It's slowing world population growth and in someways strengthening the gene pool- ugly men and women usually don't find acceptance with normal people, so they turn gay because they feel others of the same sex accept them better. These ugly people don't reproduce because they obviously can't without being heterosexual couples, and therefore the ugly genes are not passed on. Pretty people who can find mates of the opposite sex reproduce and flourish, and the population generally becomes more attractive.
It's life.
I so hope you were being sarcastic there.
Old 26-05-2004, 10:48   #11
winter days ...

airheadap are you for real ?

ugly people ? what does being ugly have to do with being gay ?!

hey gay members of tatysite, are you ALL ugly, unable to find a member of the opposite sex and so turn to being gay ?

if so, tatysites local airhead has succinctly explained why that is ...

Old 26-05-2004, 14:15   #12
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

airheadap, ugly people?! Can't find mates from opposite sex so they turn to be be gay!! You're kidding right?!

P.S: Most of the Gay/lesbian/bisexual people are gorgeous.... yep!!! Not to mention that hetrosexuals like me are usually the ugly ones falling in love with gorgeous gay guys... so ur theory is hmm *cough cough* not credible
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Есть надежда даже в безнадежных случаях

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 26-05-2004, 18:34   #13
a kind of fresh madness

See?! We should have known all along that Julia and Lena were not really lesbians - they are far too good-looking to be queer!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 26-05-2004, 20:15   #14
Участник

Send a message via AIM to Airheadap
Actually, it does happen to be because children don't feel accepted (usually because they are ugly, but that's just one example: poor, minority, etc. all work also).

So gay people are gorgeous, NOW ! I was talking about during development. While young, if the child is not accepted by the opposite sex, he or she will turn to members of the same sex. I'm not saying either way is bad or good, I think homosexuality is generally good, as explained above. But, it is proven that most people are gay because of the factors they encounter while passing through the process of socialization.
Old 26-05-2004, 20:22   #15
winter days ...

airheadap

i dont think ugliness has a thing to do with it, nor rejection from the opposite sex. i think a lot of it is genetic and a very small part of it is social. and i think your logic is extremely flawed and baseless.

i know so many women and womenwho have faced rejection and abuse from members of the opposite sex and it hasnt made them lesbian or gay AT ALL. if acceptance from the opposite sex was such an important factor then i would be straight today [based upon your logic !]
Old 26-05-2004, 20:27   #16
a kind of fresh madness

If I were you Airhead, I'd stop talking now before that hole you're digging for yourself gets any deeper.
Working on your theory, the majority of gay people are all either poor, ugly, have no social skills, have some kind of disability or are part of a minority group. That is just absurd and I really want to know where you got this idea from!
I can trace my feelings towards other females way back to when I was only 6 years old - way back before I even had any kind of understanding or care for such things as money, social structure, class, race or what's generally percieved as "ugly"!
Sexuality is genetic. I know a few unattractive (I won't use "ugly"), socially awkward and not exactly affluent women but none of them are gay! Men treat women badly all the time. If all it takes to "turn" someone gay is to be mistreated or disrespected by a member of the opposite sex then every woman on this planet would be a lesbian!
You're theory is just insane. That is all.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 26-05-2004, 21:25   #17

Quote:
It's life.
That's an interesting take on the subject. But I'll have you know that I know a handful of good looking gay people (girls and guys - you don't have to be gay to tell the difference between a good looking member of the same sex and an ugly one ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh
ugly people ? what does being ugly have to do with being gay ?!

hey gay members of tatysite, are you ALL ugly, unable to find a member of the opposite sex and so turn to being gay ?
Hey at least SOME of the time that's true. I know a guy personally who is in his mid-late twenties, and never has had a girlfriend in his life. I think it's because of his apathy, because he isn't ugly, but he finally decided that there's a reason he has never had a girlfriend. Although as of yet, he's never had a boyfriend either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
See?! We should have known all along that Julia and Lena were not really lesbians - they are far too good-looking to be queer!
I'm trying to rack my brain for a good looking gay celebrity, to back up your point here, but it just won't come to me.
Quote:
But, it is proven that most people are gay because of the factors they encounter while passing through the process of socialization.
People are born gay or not gay. That's a religious conservative talking.

Last edited by ypsidan04; 26-05-2004 at 21:35.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:25   #18
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
I'm trying to rack my brain for a good looking gay celebrity, to back up your point here, but it just won't come to me.
The eye roll face you have there, ypsidan04, leads me to believe you were being sarcastic, to which of course sarcasm is very much applicable in this case.

But just in case you weren't, I've have taken the liberty to compile a list of hot celebrities that are either gay, lesbian, or bi, (Oh no no no, it is no trouble at all, I want to. ):

- Gia Carangi
- Christina Aguilera
- Saffron Burrows
- Drew Barrymore
- Tallulah Bankhead
- Neneh Cherry
- Marlene Dietrich
- Jodie Foster
- Samantha Fox
- Angelina Jolie
- Portia De Rossi
- Josie Maran
- Guinevere Turner
- Jenny Shimizu
- Anna Nicole Smith
- Sinéad O'Connor

Ok, too many to count, switching over to males now;

- Rupert Everett
- Rock Hudson
- David Bowie
- Victor Garber
- Richard Chamberlain
- James Dean
- Cary Elwes

And I'll just stop here before I name people who are not officially g/l/or b, but you just know that are. It is just too easy to mention those people and my brain will experience an overload of data and eventually crash. Just the mention of Tom Cruise's name ... OW!!! My fcuking brain!

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 01-06-2004 at 01:40.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:36   #19
Gei na otoko no ko

If homosexuals were all ugly, then I, too, would not have been asked out by so many girls throughout elementary school, middle school, and high school.

Also, as for the anal sex issue, they say that if you have had anal sex with another male after 1977 you cannot donate blood because that's pretty much when AIDs came about. What's so sad is that it all could have been so easily prevented, if the previous generations of gays had not been so sexually promiscuous AND taken care of wearing the proper protection during intercourse. Oh well, at least we are taking better measures to stay healthy today.

Oh, and one more thing. Like Airheadap said, many people do believe that it is hereditary. That is true, because there have been theories that suggest that when the embryo is developing it receives more of the hormones that females receive.. well.. I had the article here but my parents threw it out when they were on a cleaning spurt. There are other theories that say that it is mainly due to environment, while others say it is half and half. I, personally, believe that it is mainly hereditary. Growing up, I never lived in an environment that was conducive to homosexuality. I had two other brothers who always influenced me in everything and I can tell you FOR SURE that they themselves are not homosexual.
Old 01-06-2004, 19:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
The eye roll face you have there, ypsidan04, leads me to believe you were being sarcastic, to which of course sarcasm is very much applicable in this case.
Not exactly. I was rolling the eyes at the fact I couldn't come up with anything even though I wanted to. I really couldn't think of anyone. Forgive my ignorance, or really more like a momentary lapse.

Quote:
- Jodie Foster
- Portia De Rossi
- Josie Maran
- Anna Nicole Smith
Please! They're bi/gay???? Damn, thats news! The rest make some sense now that you mention them.

Quote:
- David Bowie
You find him attractive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkashiNaYume
Oh, and one more thing. Like Airheadap said, many people do believe that it is hereditary.
Someone I know very well, not mentioning any names, has four children, and three of them are gay. Although two of the three were previously married, they are definitely out there now. That's enough to make me believe it's hereditary.

Last edited by ypsidan04; 01-06-2004 at 22:55.
ReplyPost New Thread