Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Football thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:42   #101
Yulia's Little Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialite
I thought, you Dutchmen don't want to be called Hollanders, because Holland is actually only a small part of the netherlands.
Offtop:

No it's not.. Where did you get that? Holland is not a small part of the Netherlands, it's just a different name.. No one really calls us "Hollanders" unless you speak Dutch or in German - Holländer or maybe also in other languages I don't know about.. The English word for Hollander is Dutch, and the Dutch word for "Dutch" is Hollands.. Don't ask me why.. Ask the English and French why they had to make up a totally different word for us.. Same with Germany..

English -> Netherlands/Holland - Dutch
French -> Le Pays Bas - Néerlandais
Dutch -> Nederland/Holland - Nederlands
German -> Niederlande - Niederländisch

English -> Germany - German
French -> l'Allemagne - Allemand
Dutch -> Duitsland - Duits
German -> Deutchland - Deutsch

Ah well.. I could go on forever with all the languages that excist

Deutschland, Deutsch, Dutch - all confusing for people who don't know
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Yulia's Little Secret

My t.A.T.u. Photo's | MySpace | Xanga
Old 12-06-2006, 00:32   #102
My Waking Hour

A little update on today's matches:

-Serbia Montenegro - Holland 0-1.
The Serbians looked very unimpressive with a serious problem in scoring...looks like the weakest team of the group. Holland wasn't impressive either ( more like Robben's team ) but they were as tight as expected.

-Mexico - Iran 3-1
I think Mexico is a pretty decent team, the fact that they were playing Iran who have players with similar body types, caused them a few problems at first but they came through succesfully in the end.

Portugal - Angola 1-0
Portugal was the usual poor man's Brazil, they're playing exactly the same football that they did in Euro 2004. Angola was a classic African team, very athletic and exciting but occasionally naive ( they're getting more organised though )

So far the most tight unit looks to be Argentina. It's usually the Latin Americans who play the best football, the Africans add colour and athleticism and the Europeans are there to make up the numbers.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:44   #103
U Should Go Ahead. Suffer

Send a message via MSN to KellyJ Send a message via Yahoo to KellyJ
WOOHOOOOOOO PORTUGAL 1:0 over Angola

Way to go Figo and boys..
~~~~~~~~~~~
And A Rose By Any Other Name Is Just As Sweet
Old 12-06-2006, 03:16   #104
Участник

Send a message via MSN to devo4ka Send a message via Yahoo to devo4ka
KellyJ,

GO ARGENTINA!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't think you're getting me back..
Old 12-06-2006, 07:39   #105
Bitchka

well, i finally have internet!
i could only watch Mexico: Iran today - thaks to stupid American TV that says they;d show Portugal on abc (the channel you dont need to pay for) as well, but DONT at the end

Well, work again tomorrow and tue and wed... booooooo for 9hr time difference, meaning, i cant see any games live... and whatever the mexican american channel decides to show again at night - they pick one game and re-play it at 8pm, that's what i will see all week! I hope it's usa tomorrow.... goooooooooooo USA... though, i think it will be pretty tough beating the Czech
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:55   #106
The Black and Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to intervolkov
Today it's a ITALY'S DAY!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
IT'S REVENGE'S TIME!:
Ho preso pali,mi hanno date buche,mi hanno defraudato e tradito ma ora miei cari BASTA!!E TEMPO DI VENDETTA! (J.B)
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18   #107
Yulia's Little Secret

Yay we won - and Robben's goal was a beauty!! Best goal at the World Cup so far!!

Now I have to work from 2:30pm to 11pm all week and can't watch any games.. I'm off on Wednesday, but those games aren't worth it I can't even watch Holland - Ivory Coast on Friday..

Offtop:
My ex send me a msg after yesterday's Serbia - Holland I hadn't heard from her in months..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Yulia's Little Secret

My t.A.T.u. Photo's | MySpace | Xanga
Old 12-06-2006, 11:33   #108
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I'm majorly disappointed with most favourites so far. Holland and Portugal both played pretty anemic after the goal was scored (and especially in the second half).
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 12-06-2006, 16:04   #109
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
I'm majorly disappointed with most favourites so far. Holland and Portugal both played pretty anemic after the goal was scored (and especially in the second half).
I am with you freds, not that i was going for them, but still, it's a fact, all favs so far havew played like shit..... which by the way is great, as I said, unless they are 'MY' teams i always go for the underdog

and how Australlia disappointed Japan just now, eh?? I basically watched just the last 5 mins of the game.. and that's all i needed o see 3 goals.... or as the Mexican guys says :

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool gooooooool goooooool gooooooooool gooooooooooool gooooooooooooool goooooooooooool gooooooooooool

off to work now, damn, they better repeat USA tonight... i iam really going for them since i live here now.... UUUUUUUUUU-SSSSSSSSSSSSS-AAAAAAAAAAAA goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk
Yay we won - and Robben's goal was a beauty!! Best goal at the World Cup so far!!
you are kiddding, RIGHT? most goals i can think of so far are better than the Dutch goal
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 12-06-2006, 17:05   #110
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
and how Australlia disappointed Japan just now, eh?? I basically watched just the last 5 mins of the game.. and that's all i needed o see 3 goals.... or as the Mexican guys says :
same here...i got to see the last ten mins everything happened then..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 12-06-2006, 17:49   #111
Участник

Quote:
Offtop:

No it's not.. Where did you get that? Holland is not a small part of the Netherlands, it's just a different name.. No one really calls us "Hollanders" unless you speak Dutch or in German - Holländer or maybe also in other languages I don't know about.. The English word for Hollander is Dutch, and the Dutch word for "Dutch" is Hollands.. Don't ask me why.. Ask the English and French why they had to make up a totally different word for us.. Same with Germany..

English -> Netherlands/Holland - Dutch
French -> Le Pays Bas - Néerlandais
Dutch -> Nederland/Holland - Nederlands
German -> Niederlande - Niederländisch

English -> Germany - German
French -> l'Allemagne - Allemand
Dutch -> Duitsland - Duits
German -> Deutchland - Deutsch

Ah well.. I could go on forever with all the languages that excist

Deutschland, Deutsch, Dutch - all confusing for people who don't know
Offtop:
Wikipedia for example:
The term 'Holland' is commonly used as a synonym for the Netherlands, but the word Holland derives from a district in the west of the country that currently makes up two of the twelve provinces, namely North Holland and South Holland and may be considered offensive in other parts of the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_(terminology)

That complies with what I got from various sources.
Old 12-06-2006, 18:02   #112
Участник

Quote:
So, you missed the first goal of the tournament, Philipp Lahm's dreamgoal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg4jg0tJiEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5-PIrYZfxA

Last edited by socialite; 12-06-2006 at 18:15.
Old 12-06-2006, 18:42   #113
U Should Go Ahead. Suffer

Send a message via MSN to KellyJ Send a message via Yahoo to KellyJ
Devo4ka are you threatening me????

Just wait Argentina is going DOWN!!!!! Portugal will go farther then Argentina. If they go head to head Im going laugh my arse off when Portugal kicks Argentina's little butts and then see if you ever threaten me again
~~~~~~~~~~~
And A Rose By Any Other Name Is Just As Sweet
Old 12-06-2006, 20:06   #114

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Portugal - Angola 1-0
Portugal was the usual poor man's Brazil, they're playing exactly the same football that they did in Euro 2004. Angola was a classic African team, very athletic and exciting but occasionally naive ( they're getting more organised though )
Angola was a colony of Portugal if I recall.

I saw the whole game of Australia and Japan. The umpiring was really bad, and thankfully Australia got on the board so they didn't hand the game to Japan. I'm so happy they came back and won because without a win in that game, they had pretty much no chance of advancing. How often do you see 3 goals in less than 10 minutes? Not too often.

And the same old stuff from the US. They did hit the post once, but it wouldn't have mattered. That Czech team is gonna go a long way.
Old 13-06-2006, 06:07   #115
Bitchka

ouch, that was painful to watch!

they did repeat USA vs Czech, but man, USA is so WEAK! It was painful to watch them pass or rather, not be able to pass normally, not to mention, getting to the Czech goal was so HARD!
Czech R. on the other hand is the team that i like the most so far.. i am not sure iff it;s because they played against USA who were pretty pathetic, but when the czech had the ball they were fast to get at good position and boom- execute. Too bad the striker got injured, didnt look too good, but i hope they recover him for later.

tomorrow.... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Croatia! Though, poor croats have the worsty luck.. getting Brasil for your first game is tought, tougher than USA getting czech r. but still.... i am going for them.... i haaaaaaaaaaaate Brasil.. with passion! I only hate France with more passion... lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 13-06-2006, 07:55   #116
The Black and Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to intervolkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk

, USA is so WEAK!l
I hope that it will Saturday vs Italy yet!!!

However:
GREAT ITALY!!!!!!!!

2-0(Pirlo - Iaquinta!!!!!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~
IT'S REVENGE'S TIME!:
Ho preso pali,mi hanno date buche,mi hanno defraudato e tradito ma ora miei cari BASTA!!E TEMPO DI VENDETTA! (J.B)
Old 13-06-2006, 12:34   #117
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
my cheering equipment for tonight
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 13-06-2006, 13:19   #118
**?!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Mexico - Iran 3-1
Congratulations to our team Iran.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We're all mad in our own way.
Old 13-06-2006, 19:17   #119
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Just watched France vs Switzerland. Like most favourites France sucked big time. Something tells me they're not a major conteder for the final glory. Zidane's still a master though. Those passes. The man has radar vision for sure.
Offtop:
A funny thing I've noticed. While La Marseillaise was playing they panned through the players and the first few blokes were black... they all sang along loudly and proudly... then the first white guy in line... and he just mumbled something... it seemed like he didn't know the words at all. I've noticed that cause the camera stayed on him for at least 30 seconds when the cameraman noticed he can't sing it. Fabulous.

Next up it's Croatia's turn to get a trashing from Brazil. I think so at least. Unless they're a further favourite to disappoint. But they should get past Croatia, though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 13-06-2006, 19:22   #120
My Waking Hour

I don't think all favourites sucked though. The Czech Republic was awesome, Italy was ok and Argentina very organised. France sucked big time and it's good that Zidane is retiring cause he's nothing but a shadow of his former self. And frankly, that team's expiry date is way past.

Lets hope that Brazil won't disappoint.
ReplyPost New Thread