Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Forum Undermoderated?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 15-11-2003, 01:13   #21
you'll need love

Agreed.. thank you for closing down the thread, echoed.
I tried remaining on-topic, but I failed. I guess enough was enough, and I couldn't remain silent. Hopefully I'll be better at ignoring remarks in the future.. at least I'll work at it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 15-11-2003, 01:20   #22
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
i think mods here do a good job overall, but when unexpected circumstances appear, they are slow to extinguish the flames. when one individual or any group of individuals start going off topic and provoking others to bashing each other, it destroys the thread. this sort of thing should not be tolerated and when it starts happening i think mods should be quick to the rescue.

after all, i love this place. it would be sad to see it go to hell on the whims of people eager to get into the mode of criticizing everything someone else says just for their own amusement. not to mention, the "statement of one's opinion" i feel is stretched as far as possible. there's a difference between stating one's opinion and doing so purely to provoke someone else into disagreement, if not anger.

i realize that certain issues are touchy, but in the recent threads healthy debates are not executed. i believe people are arguing for the sake of getting a rise out of others. when people start aiming "opinions" [stated to be about tatu but really having almost nothing to do with them] at each other then things will go to hell. at least, if it continues. mod[s] to the rescue.

-Lux
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by Lux; 15-11-2003 at 01:51.
Old 15-11-2003, 01:45   #23
Участник

I am sorry for commenting on negative remarks aimed at me. I tried not to start the fight, but I had no defend myself, I guess.

I had a good time, anyway. It's nice to spice things up from time to time. But, good things come in small packages, so the thread was closed.
Old 15-11-2003, 02:05   #24
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I think that the end off every good discusion soon follows when people are starting to state their opinions as facts. Things like "this new song sucks", "all tatu music is crap"...I mean that kind of discusion is for kindergarden. This is a DISCUSION forum. And when people will start to state offtopic non-sense then of course there will be others trying to dismiss it and voila! we have an offtopic discusion with "facts" flying around everywhere. The sad part it that some people that should enforce discipline areound this place are adding additional fuel to the fire in the good old tradition of tatysite.net. Lets not treat eachother that way. The only way to prevent this is not by blaming the mods, specific members or whoever. We all have to change our ways and stop with the sarcasm and nonsense discusions about wheater or not Tatu girls are talented or not and wheater their music is any good or not. Maybe this isn't an actual "fan" forum, but it is a forum about the group tatu. There are bound to be fans of the group in majority here. And to say that tatu music sucks (in a topic that's not even meant for that) without any explanation whatsoever is just rude.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 15-11-2003, 02:37   #25
My Waking Hour

Quote:
I'm actually pretty pissed right now at how three mods weren't able to keep the thread "t.A.T.u. Official Photo Book" on topic and furthermore avoid the attacks and trolling going on there for hours.
Hmm, now you're criticising the fact that the thread wasn't closed straight away? What do we want? do we want freedom of expression of freedom of moderation?

The thread went a bit off-topic, true, but it was pretty funny to read. Closure came in the right time also. ( before becoming too ugly )

As far as I'm concerned, the moderation was flawless and the thread great. It was so boring lately.

That's to more firey discussions for the future.
Old 15-11-2003, 02:57   #26
iMod

I think what's happening on this forum is pretty clear.

This forum used to be over moderated. Then some "events" happened, we all know them. The forum was closed, then reopened with almost no moderation.

Obviously, some people in charge here thought that with no moderation this forum would crumble into chaos. That didn't happen. Members were enjoying themselves, discussing and having fun in good spirit. (Of course, some might call that boring.)

That was not the way it was supposed to go.

Then, a few weeks ago, a well known member of this forum, friend of the people in charge, reappeared under a new name and started to make inflammatory remarks all over the forum.

Can you say "agent provocateur"?

Of course, most people here being fans, they can't resist the urge to reply and defend Tatu. Chaos incurs, and we can see the people in charge cheering and saying it's great to see the forum "alive" again.

Now they have us exactly where they wanted us, begging for more moderation.

The best way to go for the fans would probably be to ignore that agent provocateur. I know it's not easy, i was unable to do it myself tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 15-11-2003, 03:19   #27
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by haku
I think what's happening on this forum is pretty clear.
I think it is not - so please, let me try to clear things up a little...

Quote:
Obviously, some people in charge here thought that with no moderation this forum would crumble into chaos. That didn't happen. Members were enjoying themselves, discussing and having fun in good spirit. (Of course, some might call that boring.)
now the first part - there is no one, absolutelly no one from the mods that thought/wanted the forum to crumble .... people even went 'out of their way' so that the forum stayed.
second - since it is pretty obvious this is aimed in a way at me - do you see me on the forum posting every day?? Do I look bored?? wow ... let me state it loud and clear - i love this place.

Quote:
Then, a few weeks ago, a well known member of this forum, friend of the people in charge, reappeared under a new name and started to make inflammatory remarks all over the forum.
not that it is really any of your business who is friends with who... but just because... I will let you know about myself - I dont know 'that person' you're talking about at all.

Quote:
Of course, most people here being fans, they can't resist the urge to reply and defend Tatu. Chaos incurs, and we can see the people in charge cheering and saying it's great to see the forum "alive" again.
I will comment again, since this is also aimed at my post ... first of all - it was posted in the 'middle' of the thread - 2-3 pages before the end.... also - obviouslly misunderstood - I was happy people were discussing again, because really - even with the concerts comming and all that - thread would get like a page maybe 2 max of comments... and with yesterday's new song thread and today's 'naked' news all over the place - everybody seemed to be 'out' again and posting (regardless of how and what) ... so , yes, it felt 'alive'.

Quote:
actually, no, personally me - I'd rather you not begging me for more moderation ... I'd rather people look at themselves first before they start 'stabing' the 'easy' targets first .. yeah, crusify me now - to quote someone from some t.A.T.u. thread - "it is easy to bash, isn't it"
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 15-11-2003, 03:28   #28
Участник

gotta admit, this whole debacle is pretty funny
Old 15-11-2003, 03:34   #29
Участник

That was an interesting post, haku, and the more I think about it the more I agree.

Quote:
Can you say "agent provocateur"?
It's really sad that people always allow themselves to be baited, but I guess being a fan you can only take so much. I try to ignore such posts, and I'm always sad to see people taking the bait and discussions deteriorating into off-topic screaming matches.

Quote:
I do not want more moderation. I want moderation where it's needed. Look at Echoed. She came, she saw, and everything was under control within minutes. It is possible to avoid a debacle like that.

Quote:
The best way to go for the fans would probably be to ignore that agent provocateur. I know it's not easy, i was unable to do it myself tonight.
Yes, we could try and remind people to keep a cool head. And keep the cool head ourselves.

Moderators, please: This is just hypothetical, but should you feel the need to "spice things up", to make the forum "alive" (which was definitely not needed tonight), please keep in mind that this can backfire, as it did tonight. The peace was disrupted, and the debate got ugly and out of hand. The thread was closed. Please try and keep the peace here, so we can have controversial, yet civilized debates.

Thank you.

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 15-11-2003 at 03:41.
Old 15-11-2003, 03:46   #30
iMod

coolasfcuk, actually this was not directed at you. We all know who the friend is, and it's not you, i knew that when i made my post.

I never saw the post you mentioned, i stopped reading that thread after my last post in it. I was thinking about other posts before mine from you, yes, but other people aswell, and in other threads too! Unfortunately, it's not the first one to be brought down by that agent provocateur.

Right now, that agent provocateur is continuing to "spice things up" in another thread. You're not in it. I'm not in it. The show goes on anyway.

To support my point:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fidget
But the only people who want to see Julia's boobs are Tatu fans! Trust me, they are not a pretty sight. There are far more sexier boobs out there that Julia's two small flat pan-cakes..

If you are a boy, and think Julia's boobs are pretty, you might as well not respond to this post. This is not a thread for boob discussion. I'm an exception. Why? Because I made this forum happen.
Quote:
I find your remarks offensive. I stated my opinion that Julia's breasts are ugly. Ok?

And I am not "supposedly" streight. I am streight!! If I am going to recieve another comment like that, I'll turn to Igor. Do I go around stating that you are supposedly "lesbian"?

I just f*cking stated my opinion, and you made such a big deal out of it! For f*cks sake, woman! Pull yourself together!
Quote:
I don't have a problem with people being GAY! OK? (Hey, that rhymes).

I don't want to be one of them, though, cuz an idea of two women having sex sickens me.
Quote:
man+woman is natural. Woman and woman is not. So... i am traditional person. I have no problems with lesbians... it's hard to explain why I find them offensive though...
Quote:
Thank everyone who participated in this fantastic arguement. Dunno 'bout you, but I had fun.

Thank you.

*curtain closes*

*END CREDITS*
That sure was a fun and lively friday night on tatysite.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 15-11-2003 at 15:04.
Old 15-11-2003, 06:51   #31
I'm a Dust Bunny!

As spyretto mentioned, that thread was probably closed when it should have been. I was simply around at that point.

We moderators do what we can, and it's often debatable on what we should or should not do. However, all I ask is a bit of maturity from everyone. Gosh, darn it. :P

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 15-11-2003, 09:09   #32
Участник

Before you guys tell on me, take at least one hard look at yourselves. Look beyooooong the words you said to me. You do that with Tatu lyrics and photos, do it for the well being of this forum. Ok?

Last edited by forre; 15-11-2003 at 14:02.
Old 15-11-2003, 11:05   #33
Primetime Anchor

Echoed, Nothing has happened. There was absolutely no reason to panic. That's all. People have to get some playground from time to time. Undermoderation, overmoderation! He-he .. go and try to find your own "golden middle".
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 15-11-2003, 11:07   #34
Участник

forre, agreed. Like I said, you can't possibly please everyone. Especially when you start to take sides, it get ugly...

We are all only human. We should treat each other with respect first, to recieve respect. A rule I try to follow most of the time. (I fail constantly)
Old 15-11-2003, 11:26   #35
you'll need love

Quote:
Echoed, Nothing has happened. There was absolutely no reason to panic. That's all. People have to get some playground from time to time.
I agree when one states opinions only. But the discussion itself could have taken place in another thread. No need to mention opinions about lyrics in a Photobook thread, when there's another thread about "Nichya" already opened. And no need go to the level we reached yesterday.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 15-11-2003, 12:52   #36
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
Echoed, Nothing has happened.
Kinda sad that a moderator sees it this way. I am not surprised then that these threads went downhill, with moderators watching from the sidelines with folded hands. Playground? We are no children, and you are not our supervisor. You are here to moderate, to keep the peace. To serve the forum, as it were, to quote Echoed.

Quote:
Originally posted by TLFdk
And no need go to the level we reached yesterday.
Absolutely no need at all. Too bad there seems to be only one moderator on the English forum who realizes that.

xena225
Old 15-11-2003, 13:13   #37
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Cool...I like you very much: you'e a Great Mod ! Kiss
Old 15-11-2003, 13:31   #38
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
Kinda sad that a moderator sees it this way. I am not surprised then that these threads went downhill, with moderators watching from the sidelines with folded hands. Playground? We are no children, and you are not our supervisor. You are here to moderate, to keep the peace. To serve the forum, as it were, to quote Echoed.
People die every fourth minitute in the world - that is sad, for sure. Some discussions those got wild without calling names but stating the opinions only are fine. This is your freedom of speech. Take it or leave it.

Of course I'm not a supervisor thus no actions from my side. Or do we want some?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 15-11-2003, 14:00   #39
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Just one question Xena225.....What REALLY did hurt you in this thread?..
...The fact that people didn't respect the rules in staying on topic? - They spoke about lyrics in a thread about future pics that nobody saw....
...or the fact that some people could not believe that Lena & Yulia are living a wonderfull and romantic love story and that they sing just to claim their incredible love for each other?..
....I was just asking the question to myself....
Old 15-11-2003, 14:14   #40
you'll need love

Quote:
What REALLY did hurt you in this thread?..
That the forum rules don't seem to apply to everyone at the forum. I understand that some people feels that the rules don't apply to them at all. The statements (at least some of them) could have been placed in another thread and it would be more fitting.
Do we like the fact that a discussion was started in the picture thread, just because there couldn't be much said about the pictures so far? No.. it's still a problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
ReplyPost New Thread