Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Are fantasies better than reality?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-04-2003, 21:59   #1
pie crust

Are fantasies better than reality?

I just thought I'd ask this.. donno why, probably 'cause I'm bored.

What's better-fantasies or reality? To pretend something is happening or to make it happen?

My opinion:
Fantasies: They are great if you want them to be, and sad if you want that.. I love fantasies, because you can change them anytime anywhere if you don't like them. Having faith and dreams is terrific! Although I get very upset since I always hope for the best to happen, I think about that the best will happen and then of course, it doesn't happen. But fantasies are beautiful.. you can sail away in your dream world, and everything is the way you want it to be. It's fantastic.

Reality: The horrifying truth Sometimes reality is much better than fantasies, since it actually happens and you feel it happen for real (but in fantasies you never get to experience it, you only think of experiencing). The bad thing is that without fantasies and dreams there is no reality, since you have nothing to hope for, nothing to wish for and maybe even live for. If you have no fantasies you usually can't think about certain things and consider... I don't know.. In fantasies, you can change whatever you like, and you can wish for the best, but reality is just same old truth.. and I guess true is the way to be. Although you get a bit of the bitter taste too.

What do you think?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 24-04-2003, 22:05   #2
I'm a Dust Bunny!

It's all relative.

What would be better? A white lie? Or a truth that could devastate one's entire life?

If you were really close to your father, let's say, and he'd just died, what would you rather believe? That he was a war hero? Or that while at war, he ravaged and raped girls in enemy territory?

It's all a matter of perception. I can't decide what I'd like more, I wouldn't know till it happened. ^_^'

Well. Aren't I morbid today. Eee. I think I need more cookies.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 24-04-2003, 22:22   #3
a kind of fresh madness

Personally I prefer fantasy cos have the dullest life possible. It's so bad that I wouldn't actually call it a "life" - it's just an existance. Day-dreams and fantasies are the only things that keep me going.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 24-04-2003, 23:33   #4
Участник

It's definitely better to make something happen. You can't live in a fantasy world. Think about this. Let's say you spend a long time submerged in your fantasy world... after some time (say, a few years), returning to reality becomes utterly difficult. Your percepcion about the real world has changed to fit your fantasies' point of view about life. And thus, your personality changes accordingly. Fantasies are dangerous if you don't have much control over your emotional side.
But then again, it's impossible to live without fantasies. You need to set yourself a path in life, and that can only be accomplished through conscious thoughts, and fantasies are just that.
You have to search for a balance. What i'd call "healthy fantasies", fantasies that are whitin your human reach and are consciously reasoned, but logic doesn't quite spoil all the fun. If you set your goals too high, too far from your reach, frustration is on the way. The same could apply if you set them too low. Easy accomplishments are not the key to happines.

Other than that, what you said is totally true. ^_^

Echo... you choosed a rather.. uh.. graphical example, or something. Lol. ^^;; *stuffs a handful of cookies into Echo's mouth*
Old 24-04-2003, 23:41   #5
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
fantasies are ok, but the reality is the real stuff.
as you said, you can imagine things and hope the best but when you "fall" to the ground it might feel much harder than it would if you stayed on the ground in the first place
so i'll stick with the reality
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 28-04-2003, 01:31   #6
ROCK FOR LIGHT

The real world blows. Fantasies are what make life worth living. Just don't get carried away with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you
Old 28-04-2003, 02:03   #7
Primetime Anchor

I don't make any difference between reality and fantasies because both can be beautiful and both can be horrifying.

Then our perception of reality is very different too. Two persons seeing the same scene may experience two different emotions. They can be opposite too. One may say - disgusting, and another one - oh, trully fantastic!

Fantasies are a part of our surviving mechanism where with the help of fantasies we are able to get through even the most difficult periods of life.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 28-04-2003, 23:39   #8
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Fantasies are a part of our surviving mechanism where with the help of fantasies we are able to get through even the most difficult periods of life.
That's right. But we must be very carryful not to get swolowed up by our fantasies. Sometimes fanstasies become the only reality we know.

Let me demonstrate with the help of a composition by the Everly Brothers. The title is dream

Dream, dream dream dream, dream, dream dream dream
When I want you in my arms, when I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do, is
Dream, dream dream dream
When I feel blue in the night, and I need you to hold me tight
Whenever I want you, all I have to do, is dream
I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine, any time, night or day
Only trouble is, gee wiz, I'm dreamin' my life away
I need you so that I could die, I love you so, and that is why
Dream, dream dream dream, dream
I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine, any time, night or day
Only trouble is, gee wiz, I'm dreamin' my life away
I need you so that I could die, I love you so, and that is why
Dream, dream dream dream (repeats out)

You see what I mean? We musn't confuse our fantasies, so they become alternate reality, because then they could eventialy grow into ultimate reality.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 29-04-2003, 21:48   #9
Прохожий

fantasies
Old 30-04-2003, 19:35   #10
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by suchAsurprise
fantasies
I couldn't have said it better myself
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 30-04-2003, 21:20   #11
Orange

LOL @ freddie
Making things happen is surely a great feeling but sometimes when you just can't do anything, you feed your soul with your sweet little fantasies that make you feel good. Imagining and fantasizing can even help you with accomplishing what you want. Of course, you mustn't overdo it...
ReplyPost New Thread