Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Dance Dance Revolution

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 22:28   #1
Участник

Dance Dance Revolution

Any DDR Freaks out there besides me? I started playing over the summer while I worked at Cedar Point. When I left I went out and got The Knomix and DDR Max 2. I can do most heavy songs and anything 8 feet a below. I love DDR Max 2 because it has so may good songs. I'm not very good at doubles but I'm getting better. Fav song so far is TSUNAGU. Well, are you a DDR Freak or what?
Old 05-02-2004, 22:32   #2
pie crust

Aaah I LOVE Dance Dance Revolution! Haven't played in an arcade though.. I suck at everything! LOL. Nah, I'm pretty good at it.. It's true..

PS. You can download the "Computer version" Dance Dance Revolution, it's called "Stepmania", but you have to download songs or make your own: http://www.stepmania.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 05-02-2004, 22:50   #3
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
lol nah..i suck at ddr man..but the battles are hella bomb tho..went to a rave and in one corner they had like a lil ddr battle..it was banana's hah..they had like a cwalk one..and a breaker one..good times..i have mad respect for anyone who's good at ddr..cuz i find it sooo difficult *jealous*
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 05-02-2004, 22:59   #4
I don't waste my time

I don't know what this is... Can anybody explain?
Old 05-02-2004, 23:48   #5
Участник

Dance Dance Revolution ... or DDR ... Is a dancing video game. You have four arrows, up down left right, which you use to dance on. You follow the arrows on the screen. It has four difficulty levels, begginer light standerd and heavy. Also, bounus levels called challenge. It's kind of hard to explain but you can find them in most arcades. I like playing at the arcades better than at home because thoes machines have almost all the DDR songs ever created.... DDR Extreme! Plus, when your good, like me, you get crowds and applause. I even once got money from an old lady! I would compete in tournaments if I had or could find a team to be on.
Old 05-02-2004, 23:51   #6
pie crust

I play without a mat, 'cause they cost too much and I'm too lazy to make one myself. And my neighbours would probably kill me in my sleep I play on the keyboard..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-02-2004, 23:59   #7
Участник

No Pads!?

That's no fun. They are kind of exspensive though. When I bought the Kinomix the game itself was 20$ and the pads ... I had to buy two cause I want to get better at doubles ... were 20$ each so I ended up spending over 60$ for the game. Then, when DDR Max 2 came out I had heard so many good things about it ... like how they have the actual musik vids and songs from the U.S. ... and I had to have it which ment buying a PS2 which was 200$ and Max 2 was 40$. So, we are talking ALOT of money. But I feel that it was worth it cause I would go to the arcade and spend 40$ a day just trying to practice.
Old 06-02-2004, 00:19   #8
Участник

At my uni, there's this guy, he a pro at the game! He really goes off!! He's sweating everytime he plays, and a huge crowd usually gathers to watch him.
Old 06-02-2004, 00:37   #9
Chaser

taty994945

What's a Uni? And yea, I think that you have to sweat alot to be a good DDR player. Although, theere are some peeps that need to break off a piece of that Irish Spring ya know!
Old 06-02-2004, 00:40   #10
pie crust

Quote:
That's no fun.
Tell me about it!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-02-2004, 01:15   #11
My Waking Hour

"Uni" is an anglosized abbreviation of university...they abbreviate everything.

"Poly" is for polytechnic

etc.
Old 06-02-2004, 14:04   #12
Участник

Yeah, what spyretto said, although I don't know what polytechnic means.

Back to the crazy dancing guy, I think he did a 1000 step combo or something.
Old 06-02-2004, 14:25   #13
Aku cinta Yulia

Send a message via MSN to Ruivelle Send a message via Yahoo to Ruivelle
hey !! i was a DDR player ( DDR 3rdmix << AFRONOVA RULESS !!!>> and 4th mix era ) and I have a team , named Gizelle team , here on indonesia won couple of matches around 3 years ago -grins- but now DDR is not that popular again here , no more tournaments so i stop playing ... nice to know it's still popular on other country
~~~~~~~~~~~
Maria | Proud Member of t.A.T.u.ism
Old 06-02-2004, 19:20   #14
Harrumph.

Not DDR, but Pump It Up. It's more or less the same but the steps are easier because they're diagonal instead of vertical and horizontal.

I used to be pretty damn good at that, used to compete with guys in HARD mode, but I stopped for a while, and I completely dunno why but now I can't breathe while playing.
Old 07-02-2004, 19:00   #15
Chaser

Pump It Up

Is ok. It's kind of a rip off of DDR. If your good at DDR your good at Pump it up but it doesn't go both ways.
Ruivelle I LOVE AFRONOVA. I think it was the first song I played ... on light of course .... and it kicked my ars! LOL.
And taty994945, There is no such thing as a 1000 step combo. I think the most is like 300. (Max 300) and I made that on Afronova before. If It were 1000 steps you woul be playing a really long song and I'm sure you wouldn't be able to make all 1000 steps. That would be a good song though if it were possible. If I were to play it I would be Pole Rapin like a mug!
Old 07-02-2004, 19:08   #16
Участник

I was at Pinball Petes the other day and I had to leave because of these girls. They were stomping on the pads with these 3inch thick "Clonkers"! Those type of people make DDR look bad because their not trying to dance. And, their stomping messes up the pads for everyone. If your a stomping DDR player .... please stop.
Old 07-02-2004, 23:55   #17
Harrumph.

Dees, I've yet got to know when did I offend DDR so you would go and diss Pump It Up. Not freakin' fair. Excuse me, but before trying PIU I *did* try DDR and I couldn't get my feet right.

Now that you think that PIU is a DDR rip-off, let me blow you bubble . DDR is a rip-off of one of the first dance games, which wasn't even for a mat, it was for a controller: it was called Bust A Groove, and like DDR, it had horizontal/vertical controls. It was a pain to play, but fun nonetheless, and it could peel off the skin of your fingers faster than any other game. When you had enough combos accumulated, you could even punch your oponent with a special combo. :P

Continuing the dance games discussion, I enjoy PIU far more than DDR because I stumble across my feet while playing DDR. The PIU mat's got more sense: when you walk, you don't walk putting a feet in your left and a feet in your right. You put one in front and then the other, side by side. Blasfemy: if you're good at DDR, you aren't good at PIU, and viceversa.

Sorry if I lost my patience, but claiming PIU is a DDR rip-off is like saying Backstreet Boys was the first boy band.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:50   #18
Aku cinta Yulia

whoaaa .... peace , ppl ...

Dees , I think PIU is not a DDR rip-off ... i play it too though my feet can't get used to it , so i prefer DDR .... PIU have it own great song ... such as .... Pump It Up , and the advantages of PIU , it have bigger pad to play on so u can do cool dance and moves on PIU easier than on DDR pad .... i think .... :think:
neway , i'm not that good on dancing on pad , i prefer , playing in hard ( Step Step Revolution on 3rdmix ) mode .... faster steps .... ( i can do Afronova SSR double ... 2 years ago .. not now .. playing counter strike too much cram my leg )

and yes , u can make around 1000 combo on DDR , there is this mode which u can chose playing couple of song nonstop and i did Afronova , Boom Boom Dollar , Dead End and paranoia 190 , got myself around 600 combo , can't do it perfectly ... lost my breath ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-02-2004, 07:22   #19
Harrumph.

Ruivelle, there's a similar thing in PIU, thought I have only seen it and never done it. Double Mat mode on PIU has more steps than the regular mode in the game, and there are longer songs in the Crazy mode. The longer one I saw has over 600 moves to "strike". :P Guys on my neighborhood's PIU machine used to compete to see who could make the 623 combo but most almost fainted at 500. Given that double mat means that you see a guy run from one end of one mat to the other end of the other mat at frightening paces, that's comprehensible.

Then one day after all gave up and went to have some drinks, one of the newer dancers (very good, quick as all hell), decided to jump on it and challenge the machine. God knows I had never seen someone move that freaking fast. He failed the first step, made a 620 combo... and tripped on the last two. That was boo worthy. :P
Old 08-02-2004, 12:35   #20
Aku cinta Yulia

wow , i would like to see that , darje , doubling on PIU is way more harder than on DDR , cause its larger pad
~~~~~~~~~~~
ReplyPost New Thread