ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-09-2005, 19:30   #161
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaku
I didn’t mean to let Roland be the bad guy…but I guess I have done
it.
Ohhhhhhh yes. I think all of us would like to just stomp Roland into the ground.

I felt so damn bad for Lena all throughout this update. All she wants is to be accepted by Celia and instead, she realizes just how bad she's really become lately. I can't even imagine the pain she felt when Celia told her to go away & that she didn't need her.

And Yulia...man, I could literally hear her heart fall to the floor & shatter to pieces when it was Roland who was on the other side of the door. That poor girl. I want to know how she plans to save Old Volkova's heart!!

I have to ask though...I wonder what would be worse...having Old Volkova wait until the day she dies for Lena to come back, only to be disappointed when it never happens or to realize that all this time, she has waited for something that will never come.

Lena Myer...man, she best pick that diary up & keep reading if she knows what's good for her! LOL
Old 19-09-2005, 20:49   #162
MoonMate *27*

Send a message via MSN to serbiantatu
Thank you again for amazing update and for taking time to write this regularly its HIGHLY apriciated.

Yulia cant acept Roland.. Can she? I mean at the end we know she dont end up with him. But theres one thing i still wonder since last update. Is Lena really dead? Or is it just the irish dead? Maybe she made somehow out of whatever happened where everyone thought that shes dead n she used it to go n live somewhere where no1 knew of Irish? Well.. At least i hope.
I dont know if i feel angry or sorry for Celia. Its not an easy thought that child you reised n loved become murderer for whatever reasons. I think she still love Lena tho. Maybe she just need time to accept that no matter of what Lena became theres still heart of lil girl she once knew even tho its well hidden.

I think we should get new thread where we readers could go into deeper anylise of this story lol, i miss really chatting and sharing what i think of this story with others but not with just few senteces. Every sentece in this story is so deep and meaningful its kind of sad leaving it undisscuted.
~~~~~~~~~~~
People Dont Change, They Just Get Older
Old 20-09-2005, 03:44   #163
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
i dnt get it.......
hehehe
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 20-09-2005, 20:09   #164
Участник

Send a message via MSN to rasoska
oh my, i dont know who i feel more sorry for, lena or yulia so sad.
im still mad at lena tho, she shouldnt give those tickets to roland

and UUUGHHH i just wanna beat roland up with each passing moment

thanks for the update, you r the best
~~~~~~~~~~~
Slippery When Wet
Old 23-09-2005, 12:47   #165
BiAtch

Send a message via AIM to showMElove2
I think it shows that Lena is not as strong as the Irish, loving Yulia probaly scares her and its easier to let go, and Roland is more than happy to be there with not a thought of how it will hurt his friend.... I only think he is wrong because he has witnessed their connection and yet, he thinks of himself
Thanks as always for updating!!
Old 25-09-2005, 16:22   #166
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Thanks everyone! So sorry for the delay in updating. With a few health
problems, a mental one, not to mention that my computer got virus, I only had
the mood and time to write now. ^_^’ I hope to keep you guys entertained.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>

CHAPTER 48

Seeking refuge in her own home, Lena was sitting by the desk in her bedroom. Only a
desk lamp was turned on while she was writing her journal, remembering the days
and nights without that light in her life.

Sighing, she looked up from the page and stared out the window to the dark skies
outside. This night was as lonely as she had always imagined how she would end up,
but she couldn’t get used to it now. Yulia had spoiled her, threatened the security of
her lonesome world.

She was pulled out of her thought when the phone suddenly rang. She walked to the
bed, sitting down and picking the phone up. She didn’t even have to guess, knowing it
was Roland as she had been avoiding his calls for several days now. Surprisingly,
tonight’s call wasn’t about Yulia.

“I’m in big trouble now, Lena! You have to help me! Please, do anything!”

“What happened?” Lena frowned.

Holden’s men were supposed to pick up the cocaine packed in food cans, which were
shipped from South America, stored in one of Roland and Lena’s chain restaurants.
But the cops showed up during the transfer and captured all the men presented there.
Fortunately, there was no gunfire, but Oliver was taken to jail along with everyone
else. Roland was lucky enough, having arrived there later than scheduled.

Lena instantly grew rigid upon hearing the news. This could expose the other hiding
places for their goods. The captured men were likely to be forced into confession.

“They’re going to testify against me! The cops will make sure of that! They’ve been
trailing us all along! I have to leave the States, Lena. I must leave now!”

“They will be watching us very closely. It’s likely that we won’t be able to leave until
this case is solved.”

“Do you have any other idea?! Oh, God, what am I going to do now?! Oh, God!”

After Roland hung up, Lena sat still in her post. The headache suddenly came back
and she rubbed the bridge of her nose, shaking her head slightly. She pulled open the
drawer and grabbed a white bottle, stuffing in the pills and chewing them right there.
The stress must have somehow changed the taste because she found it rather sweet
she could have taken some more.

Out of the blue, a series of knock came upon the door. Lena looked up, breathing
hard. Tonight wasn’t going to end as boring as she had thought. She rushed to the
door to receive the guest.

Angela in her gray coat was standing there with an accusing look in her eyes. The
dark-haired Latino didn’t even need an invitation. She strode in and spun around to
stare at the host. Lena quietly closed the door.

“Your friend has done it. How stupid he was!” Angela tossed her purse onto the
couch.

Lena just watched her guest pacing up and down, while secretly trying to cope with
the pounding in her head. She closed her eyes for a second, shutting the swirling out
of he sight.

“You have no part in this deal, which is good—great, because they won’t have any
evidence against you in court. But those men will be forced to testify for other cases
the police have been working on. Are you prepared for that?”

“I appreciate your concern, but you’re putting yourself over the line. You’re a cop
yourself…” Lena stared at the Latino beauty, and her tone grew colder. “Why are you
here?”

Angela scoffed and walked right up to stare at Lena in the eye. “I’m not surprised if
you’re going to kill me now. I know just what you’re capable of, but you should
already know how I feel and why I still stick with the Volkov family until now… I’m
your only friend, and you know that you can’t kill me.”

Lena’s expression remained blank. “What do you propose?”

“A legal or a criminal way?”

“I like your humor,” Lena said dryly.

“When they involve you, you will bargain with them.”

“With what?” Lena looked away as the headache threatened to explode her head.

“With the information about the trades Dimitri Volkov had been doing until last year.
Although Holden Young’s friends had already given up on Mr. Volkov, there are still
other cops, who aren’t as corrupted and still want him behind the bars. I hold the
information… only for you.”

Lena began to shake her head, but stumbled forwards. Angela instantly put her arms
around the redhead and helped her to sit on the couch.

“You don’t look so good. Hasn’t Yulia been treating you well?” Smirking, Angela
softly wiped the sweat from Lena’s forehead with a handkerchief.

Lena closed her eyes, trying to calm down. The impending doom of her and Roland’s
fate was more than enough to stress her out tonight. She didn’t need another thing to
worry.

“I know that selling Dimitri out will be your last choice, but… fortunately, I know
another way, which might be even more appealing to you.” Angela smiled.
“Cooperate with the cops and let Roland go to jail—”

“No! There must be another way!” Lena angrily brushed Angela’s hands off.

Angela stilled the redhead with a firm grip on her arms. “There isn’t any other way
but to betray your friends. This is what you must pay when you’re living your life as a
murderer! You should have thought about it before you started it. But it’s too late to
speak of it now. It’s too late to even realize that maybe you’re not made for it! You’re
too good for them!”

Lena paused. It amazed her that someone like Angela could have thought of her this way.

Seemingly knowing what was in Lena’s mind, a smile appeared on Angela’s face. She
gently cupped Lena’s pale face in her palms. “I never see you any other way but a girl
who was put in a wrong place and a wrong time. You could have been someone else
totally. You’re too brave and honorable to be dragged down that way… I see you
fight, Lena, and you fight the evil, not us. Now, save yourself, I beg you…”

>>>

It was a beautiful day, but not for Victor Iver. Stalking across the front lawn of his
mansion, the senator was in a navy suit with a black coat over his wide shoulders. The
maid opened the door for him, nodding and gesturing at his study room. He looked
grim as he strode through.

Walking through the oak door, Iver’s gaze fell upon the red-haired, young woman,
who was pacing around the couch. He closed the door behind him, and cleared his
throat. Lena flinched, stopping and looking up at him.

The gray-haired man observed her for a while. She was in a black, long coat that
made her tall stature looked even lankier than usual. The messy, long, crimson curls
framed her pale and gaunt face. He forgot to breathe when he saw the grayness in her
left eye. Dimitri had told him what happened to Lena at the warehouse. He wanted to
pay a visit, but his friend suggested that unless the Irish died, he should not show
himself near their kind again so soon. It was always for his reputation. Throughout his
life, everything, everyone—every dream was sacrificed for his career.

A deep frown appeared on Victor’s face. Today could ruin all the sacrifices if only
someone leaked out this meeting with his illegitimate daughter, who happened to be
the Irish. He stood against the door, noting that the maid had already let the
blinds down every window. “I saved you last time and never expected to see you
again.” He delivered the words he had repeated a hundred times over in his head
before agreeing to see Lena. Although he wanted to just walk up to her and hold her
for once, consoling her, his life as a senator always stood between them.

Lena shifted her gaze from him to the carpeted floor, putting her clenched fists in her
pockets.

“As soon as I heard the news about Myer, I knew you’d show up, not caring if this
meeting would effect my reputation. What do you want from me?” Iver glided
towards the small table, pouring some whiskey into two glasses.

“Not for me. It won’t be long,” Lena said.

Iver looked up, holding out a glass to her anyway. She reluctantly accepted.

“As you already knew, Roland is in trouble. I need your help.”

Iver finished up his glass and poured some more. He then let out a sigh, shaking his
head. “The best I could do is getting him pass the immigration. I do have a few trusted
friends in the department. Myer needs to leave the States for a while—a long while.”

Lena’s shoulder sagged down in defeat instead of relief. Whatever thought that was
clouding her mind couldn’t be too good.

Iver bitterly chuckled. “You can’t stand being away from him?”

Lena glanced up at him, a concern in her eyes. “Will you risk much?”

“I didn’t expect you to worry since you have already shown your face here.” As soon
as Iver finished his sentence, he looked down instantly, wanting to slap his own face.
He had wanted so much to see her again after hearing of her injury but here he was,
acting like a selfish bastard he once was twenty years ago, leaving her and Gwen all
alone.

Iver finished his second glass. “I will inform you when I arrange the day he could
leave.”

“Thank you,” Lena said, and turned to the door.

“Wait…” Iver put the glass down and cleared his throat again. “How are you?”

For a second, Lena looked puzzled, but then blanked her expression again. She looked
like a wreck, completely exhausted as she stood there, shrugging absentmindedly.
“I’m all right, I suppose,” she muttered.

Nodding feverishly, Iver gulped and looked down. “That is great to hear.” While he
wanted to embrace her, he could only watch her walk out the door, oblivious to
everything that was going on inside his heart.

>>>

It was already half past nine when Roland was leaving the Volkov ranch. Lena was
waiting in her car, watching him drive through the gates and heading the other way.
He must have tons in his mind and came to seek refuge with Yulia. Lena wondered
what plan they had made, considering everything that had gone on between them.
Would they happily accept the Senator’s help to get them out of the country? In the
end, everyone was leaving her.

Popping a pill into her mouth, Lena tiredly rubbed her shoulders and got out of the
car. She trudged towards the gates. Holding onto the cold, steel bars, she stopped and
looked up at the lights in Yulia’s room. She couldn’t help but pondered what the
blonde had been doing with Roland all afternoon. Did they find any solution to help
him? Did their plan include her? Did Yulia let him into her room…?

Lena’s thought was pulled away when she looked ahead and caught a glimpse of a
silhouette standing against the light coming out of the front door of the mansion. She
could tell right away who it was, and was sure that she had been spotted. She just
wasn’t sure if she had been seen right when the blonde came out to send Roland off.

Lena slipped past the gates and walked along the long, graveled path towards the
mansion. The silhouette finally moved, taking a few steps down and waiting. Lena
stopped just a few feet away from Yulia, staring into the dark shadow over the
woman’s beautiful face. For a while, they just stood there and looked at one another,
feeling as if it had been months apart from each other.

There were so many things Lena wanted to say but she rather kept it short at the
moment. She moved a little closer to Yulia, hands shivering in her pockets.

“I went to see an associate of mine, and he seems to be able to help Roland out of the
States. It’ll be just a few days, and I hope that gives you enough time to pack.”

Yulia’s blue eyes shone so brightly in the dark, and Lena felt as though she was being
scrutinized and accused in that silent gaze. She looked down.

Yulia averted her gaze elsewhere, hugging herself. “What makes you think that I will
move with him?”

“For your father’s sake, it’s best to leave. There are people who are still after him.
Roland’s case only opens ways for those people to get on your father’s back again.”

Yulia looked up and stared straight at Lena. “What about you?”

Lena paused. She couldn’t tell how happy she was at the moment, knowing that Yulia
was still worried about her.

“You don’t have to worry about me.”

“It doesn’t work that way, Lena. It doesn’t work that way when you ruthlessly slept
with me, but then shunned me off the next moment.” Yulia perked her chin up, staring
ahead. “You should know that after Roland showed up that night instead of you, I do
not wish to see you anymore.”

Lena closed her eyes and tried to still her trembling hands inside her pockets. Her
head was spinning. The last thing she wanted now was to vomit here. “I only think of
what is best for you—”

“What do you know?” Yulia scoffed and turned away. “You don’t even know
yourself.”

Lena rushed to grab the blonde’s hand. “Please, I don’t want us to part this way!”

“You can’t always have your way! I won’t let you do this to me anymore!” Yulia
furiously brushed Lena’s hand away. Panting, she glared at the redhead, clenching her
fists. “You don’t understand it, do you…? You don’t understand any of this! You
don’t know—or care what love is, and you don’t deserve it! Just leave me alone! Just
go!”

Lena froze in her spot as Yulia ran back into the mansion and slammed the door shut.
She thought her head had just burst, but it was her heart that was torn into pieces
instead. It felt strange when her body became absolutely still and she didn’t feel the
headache anymore. Numbly, she turned and headed out of the ranch with her heart
colder than the night itself.

>>>

Staring at the floor, Yulia was leaning against the door, listening to the distant
humming of a car engine growing thinner and thinner each second past. As expected,
Lena left without a protest. If it were any other night, Yulia would have expected the
redhead to come knock on the door. But tonight was different; she had become wiser.
She had learned just what love could do. She would readily leave if only Lena would
go with her, but Lena had something else in her mind. Instead, Lena came to push her
away again and again. She thought she could take it, letting the redhead play her. But
she did not expect to fall for this woman and that it would hurt this much.

Falling to her knees, Yulia buried her face in her palms. Her shoulders began to
tremble, and she despised herself for crying now—for foolishly wishing that the car
outside would turn around and fly her away.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 25-09-2005, 20:28   #167
MoonMate *27*

How much of bad luck one person can have? Is there anyone that Lena hold dear that didnt reject her or took whats dearest to her?... Roland.. Roland how stupid he was? He got them all in trouble he got Yulia from Lena n now he as always turn to ask help of her? I said once ill say again with friends like that who needs enemys. I hope Lenas dad will come around he has lots of emotions for her i think sooner or later that will lead him back to Lena on one or other way.

What to say about Yulia and Lena.. Cant blame ither of them. After so many rejections Lena had, would anyone be able to knock on the door again - no matter of how much they wish to. Maybe Yulia should give her another chance and try understand hows for the Irish is bit more. Its sad how the Irish could solve any problem and rise above anything that come on her way and yet Lena will run away as soon as problem come and give away without fight.

Thank you for update i cant wait for more to come.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 25-09-2005, 23:55   #168
BiAtch

Roland... the nerve of him to come to the Irish for help after taking away her light. She is so loyal that she would never turn her back on him despite what he has taken from her. I only wish she would have realized that she deserved to be happy despite what she has done in her life. And Yulia, wanting to give up on love that hurts so bad....its understandable but not so easy!
Thanks for the update, and how could anything you write not entertain?!
Old 26-09-2005, 18:50   #169
Новенький

I'll say only this- when I start reading the update I was listening to music...and while I was reading various songs began and ended, but I heard none of them! I was so trapped in that world, that I couldn't hear anything else..it's like I was some kind of a mute and invisible witness.. Can I be more entertained than that?...I doubt it
As for what happened...all I can say is that, in the end I had tears in my eyes.I dunno if I'm a silly brat, but it impressed me a lot the way Lena's heart is broken to pieces again and again...and what's worse is that without Yulia, her only light in her life...she'll be lost...why Roland?WHY???? ...Serbiantatu said it all in one sentence: With friends like him, who needs enemies?
Old 29-09-2005, 16:19   #170
Uhaku's alter ego

Thank you everyone. My eyes sore

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

CHAPTER 49

In her modest home, Celia was sitting on the old couch, hands stiffly on her laps.
Three men in dark suits and glasses were sitting on the other chairs. They had claimed
to be detectives and were telling her about the hot case against Roland Myer.

“Do you mean… Do you mean that you want me to testify against Roland…?” Celia
glanced around at the men, wide-eyed.

The fat, bald man sitting opposite to Celia adjusted his black-rim glasses a little,
staring at her without blinking.

“But I do not know anything about his business. I—”

“You are his godmother. We believe that you know what type of business he is in. We
also have knowledge of your meeting with Roland Myer’s partner, Lena Cohen, just
two weeks ago, and we knew what happened... You do still remember how those men
in the truck died, don’t you?” The bald man leaned forwards a little closer to Celia,
and smiled lightly. “You know something that will be useful in court. Please
cooperate with us.”

Celia gulped, looking down instantly. “But—but Lena has nothing to do with
Roland’s case, does she?”

“We want both of them on whatever charge. We need to get them by whatever mean
necessary, ma’am. You know that these types of people are no good to society, and I
strongly believe in your conscience, Ms. Cohen… Or we will find something that
would suggest your involvement with the murder of the men in the truck that night.”

The bald man stood up and handed a name card to Celia. “Call me when you make
your decision. Good day, Ms. Cohen.” He then nodded to his friends and left.

Staring down at the name on the card, Celia froze in her seat, gripping the hem of her
skirt. She gradually looked up and her gaze briefly met with Sarah, who was sitting
along the stair, hiding in the shadow.

>>>

Holden Young was awakened from his sleep at midnight, having to receive the
troublesome guest. In his black, silky robe, he strode through the large hall of his
home into his study room. There were a few guards gathering around, and a maid
opened the door for Holden.

“Thank you for a midnight visit, Myer! A glass of Bourbon?” Holden sneered as he
walked to the shelf and poured himself some.

Roland sat still on the couch, only his tired gaze following the older man on the other
side of the room. He was in his crumpled, brown suit. Looking pale, his dark hair
matched the dark circles under his eyes perfectly.

“How could you sleep when thirteen of your men are in jail right now and might be
confessing the crime against you at the moment?” Roland brushed a hand over his
cold face.

Holden let out a scoff and washed down his drink. “What are you so worried about,
Myer? Go back to sleep. Everything will be all right.”

Burying his face in his palms, Roland bent over his knees, muttering. “How did the
cops know that we were there…? How…? I got Lena—Dimitri in trouble also…
What am I going to do now? I don’t even know if I could leave the States yet… Oh,
God…”

“You want to leave, Myer?” Holden turned around, holding a full glass in his hand.
He approached Roland, and offered the glass.

Roland washed down the drink in one big gulp, sitting tightly in his seat.

“Where are you going to go, Myer? The opportunity is here! There are risks involved,
of course, but nothing that we can’t handle.”

Roland glanced at Holden, deep in his thought. “How are you going to handle this
case?”

“I have a plan, my friend. But I need your consent as it is involved your men as well.”

“What plan?” Roland asked, his voice a tune higher in anticipation.

Holden watched his companion in crime for a second, a cold smile on his face. “We
must get rid of the witnesses who could turn against us. I’m ready to sacrifice on my
part. Are you?”

Roland shifted in his post, mouth open wide. “Are you going to kill them all…?
You’re going to kill your men?”

“They are no longer my men, or yours, Myer. They’re with the police now. And when
you still can’t accept the fact; that is why you can’t sleep. As for me? I already know
what it’s going to cost and I will face it.”

“No, I can’t let Oliver die. He’s a good boy!”

“Who is that? Your driver?” Holden laughed, leaning back comfortably. “Think about
it, Myer. He probably told the cops about what you did already. But we can’t let these
little minions stop us! Never! We are the bosses and we make decision who to live or
to die! We do that, Myer, not them!”

For the longest time, Roland kept silence, clutching the empty glass in his hand. He
took in a deep breath and sighed, staring up at the ceiling. Biting his lips, he finally
turned to Holden.

“I need another glass…”

Holden burst into a content laugh and took the glass from the younger man. “Good!
You’ve made the right decision! We can get through this together, Myer!”

Sitting small on the couch, Roland hopelessly watched his new companion stalking
across the room to get him another glass of Bourbon—to lead him and save him from
all this mess.

>>>

It was already five in the morning, but Roland was sitting at his desk, still in the same
crumpled brown suit. He had returned from the midnight meeting with Holden hours
ago, but he could not go to sleep. It seemed that his decision was to be carried out,
letting twelve of his men, including Oliver Petitot, to die the day after tomorrow,
when the cops would be transferring them from the temporary jail to the courthouse.

Roland stared out the window to the dark blue skies outside, a cigarette burning
between his fingers. Slowly, he reached for the phone and dialed up the only set of
numbers imprinted in his mind.

“Hello…?”

Roland pressed the receiver closer to his mouth, tears in his eyes. “I’m sorry to call
you up this late… but I don’t know who else to talk to…”

“Don’t worry. What is it?”

Roland was a little perplexed that Lena’s voice didn’t sound one bit groggy.

“Have you slept?”

“No.”

“Why not?” Roland frowned.

“What is it? Are you all right?”

Roland closed his eyes, secretly cursing himself. He realized that not only him was
tormented, but Lena was probably as worried as he was. She was worried for him.

“I’m so sorry. I let you down—”

“You didn’t. It’s a mistake I could have done, too. They won’t have anything against
me, so don’t worry about it. My associate will be contacting us soon. You just have to
be patient, Roland.”

Roland gulped back his tears, but he couldn’t stop his sob. “I’m about to do the worst
thing in my entire life, Lena. I—”

“Don’t say it.”

Roland became quite. Considering what was going on around them now, the cops
might be listening at the moment.

“Whatever that you’re going to do I will stand by you. Just be safe and go to sleep, all
right?”

Roland feverishly nodded like a child even though he knew that Lena couldn’t see. “I
will, and you, too. I love you…”

>>>

Lying on the bed, Lena was wide-eyed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Her headache
had kept her from sleep the entire night, and worrying for her friend did not help
either. Angela had informed her earlier today that Celia Cohen would join the rank of
the witnesses as well. Having their godmother on the trail only secured the cops’
stand against them. The safest bet now was to get Roland out of the country as soon as
possible. But time was running out. The trail was to start in just a day. Senator Iver
might have powerful friends, but Lena doubted how her father would get Roland out
of the hook. It seemed almost impossible.

Grunting, she rubbed the bridge of her nose as the throbbing in her head worsened.
She shut her eyes tightly, clutching the blanket in her fists. Flashes of Holden’s
swinging bat at her face still haunted her mind, and it only got more distinct when the
headache came back. She had successfully coped with its severity after she moved out
of Roland’s home, but the pain was still there, distantly but always presented. Yulia
was the only thing that could keep it out of her mind, but there was no point in
thinking about it now. There were more important things to consider about at the
moment than her physical pain.

Lena opened her eyes again when the phone rang. She grabbed the receiver and
couldn’t help but sighed into it.

“Be patient, Roland. It’s going to be all right—”

“What about you?”

Lena paused. The familiar voice was one thing that stopped her, but the fact that this
person had always cared for her was another. It was something more important. And
Lena felt the rush to hold the receiver tighter.

“You haven’t slept as I thought. How’s your headache?”

“How did you know?” Lena asked quietly, clutching the blanket as she had been
caught.

“You looked pale that night… and I could see your hands trembling in your pockets.
You never hid anything well, Ms. Cohen. Is it still bad?”

“It’s nothing that won’t cure.”

“I suppose you can handle it then.”

With this, Lena detected the sarcasm in Yulia’s tone, and she suppressed her sigh.
There was a long silence between them until Lena cleared her throat and asked, “Why
aren’t you sleeping?”

“The same reason you cannot sleep?”

“You don’t have headache, do you?”

“I meant I’m worried about you as you are for someone else.”

“Roland isn’t someone else to you—I—I mean—”

“My fiancé. Of course, I am worried about him, but I cannot stop thinking about you
anyway… Don’t you know…?”

Lena closed her eyes at the word ‘fiancé’. She should have expected it when she sent
Roland with the ring to the Turandot play. But she couldn’t understand why she felt
the ache in her heart right now, especially upon hearing Yulia’s pleading voice.

“I know…” Lena whispered back.

For a moment, they were just silent, listening to each other’s soft but tired breathing.
Lena sat up in her bed, biting her lips. She wasn’t sure if she should speak what she
should not.

“Why didn’t you come to the play?”

Lena sat still in her post, looking away. “There’s no use talking about it now. You
have decided—”

“I think you owe me an explanation since I’m about to leave the States as you
requested… Why…?”

Lena shut her eyes tightly at the soft whisper of the question. Yulia’s tone sounded as
though her life was depended on the simple answer that wouldn’t change anything for
the better or worse.

“Go to sleep, Yulia… Please…”

Lena slowly put down the receiver. Since she had no plan to sleep at this little hour of
the morning now, she got up and changed her clothes. A quiet stroll was the only
remedy she could think of at the moment.

>>>

In her thick, black coat, Lena strode past the front door of her humble apartment
complex. She waved at the bodyguards on the first floor, letting them know that she
wanted to be alone. As always, she kept a loaded gun in one of her pockets. But she
had little to worry at the moment since the cops might be watching her every step
now, and nobody was foolish enough to assassinate her, risking to be easily caught.

Only an unexpected guest that stood right in the yellow pool of light from the
streetlight. Lena halted in her track, staring at the thin figure about ten feet ahead of
her. Not far from where Yulia was standing was a phone booth, and Lena figured out
the rest of the story. She only wondered what the blonde would do if she did not come
down for the early morning walk. But it seemed that Yulia had learned to know her so
well.

Hands in her pockets, Lena glanced around and approached the blonde woman in
black coat. They stood face to face, not daring to let their gaze drift away from each
other for fear that the other would just disappear.

Yulia did not have to say anything, but her bright blue eyes had said it all. She was
here for the explanation, or a goodbye. She was here to have her heart break again by
the Irish’s careless way. And she would always be here in front of Lena to let her
hope rise once more.

Lena took her hand out of her pocket and reached to gently stroke Yulia’s face. “I let
Roland go instead of me because he can and will take care of you far better than I ever
will. He will give you family and everything that one day you will miss…” Lena
looked down, her hand slipping away. “And because… I love you too much to drag
you down with me.”

Tears welled up the blue eyes at the last words. Yulia clutched Lena’s hand and held
it tightly against her cheek. “I don’t need someone to care for me, or a family only to
fulfill a pointless dream. Don’t you know me at all…? I don’t want that day—I don’t
want tomorrow without you.”

Yulia swung her arms around the redhead’s neck, burying her face against her
shoulder. For a while, Lena just stood there, unsure whether to hold Yulia back.

“Don’t let go even just for now… Please?”

Squeezing her eyes shut, Lena held the thin body with both arms. She did not know
what tomorrow would bring, but it was the only thing she could do now—holding
onto hope. It was the only thing she ever wished for.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 30-09-2005, 01:09   #171
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
*screams at screen* DO YOU HAVE TO END THERE?! DO YOU?? DO YOU?!?! OMG uhaku, my love for this story absolutely soars every time I read a new update!!! I was literally holding my breath while Yulia & Lena were talking on the phone & I leaped for joy inside when I read what Lena said!! FINALLY!!!! Damn it Lena, just take her back!! JUST TAKE HER BACK!!!!!!

But Celia...ohhhhh I'm worried about everything! Damn Roland & his selfishness!!!!!

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/dare2dream28 I DARE you to click it. ;)

Thanks to room4602 at the Spashley forum for my avatar. :)
Old 30-09-2005, 01:52   #172
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
well well well........what can i say... absolutely fcuking brillant yet again....

Those two just have to get together...have too....i mean come on....

Roland....bah freakin guy has gotten himself in some deep shit...Holden...needs to be shot repeatedly for his brillant plan to eliminate the witnesses that now involve Celia..

SO ROLAND what you gonna do NOW
Old 30-09-2005, 10:14   #173
Участник

Send a message via MSN to rasoska
uhaku you are fucking brilliant
I FUCKIN LOVE THIS STORY!!

excuse my language but i cant put in words how absolutely great you are
~~~~~~~~~~~
Slippery When Wet
Old 30-09-2005, 11:01   #174
BiAtch

What a mess Roland has gotten them all in I am glad that Yulia is still her pushy self or else that last exchange (hope its not literally the last) between her and Lena would never have happened if it was up to Lena. I love this! Thanks for the update!!
Old 30-09-2005, 11:27   #175
Новенький

I absolutly loved this update!!!!Like all of yours updates...but this time, Lena FINALLY said that she loves her more than anything!..after almost fifty chapters...but it totally worth the waiting.. Thank God Yulia knows Lena far better than the Irish knows herself...as for Roland, I think he will change his mind and save his people, otherwise he won't be able to sleep well ever again cause of the remoarses...
I can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Old 30-09-2005, 12:43   #176
MoonMate *27*

You are just too amazing.. Update after update and it only gets better and better.. I admire your talent i really do. You have to publish this story i never read anything better [exept 666 wich is just as great].. Im still too amazed to comment about story

Thank you for update!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-10-2005, 06:43   #177
the likeness of a human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhaku
Btw, the idea of a spin-off always scares me. First, a Natalia spin-off. Now this? I
only have two hands and one brain to type up a story so fast. Are u trying to
murder me? Loooool.
Ok, no more about spin-offs. I like you too much, and it'd be nice to read more of this.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:35   #178
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

*hugs* <--- uhaku
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 03-10-2005, 18:43   #179
Uhaku's alter ego

Ooops, no update. But I just drop in to say hi and stuff. I'm in a bit uplifting mood at the moment, that's why. About this piece of fanfiction, there will be roughly about five or less main chapters (excluding Lena Myer and Juliana Petitot small episodes) remaining. Honestly... I still haven't written more than half of the next update. I've been through some kind of family problem, which is beyond my control now and I just thought that I only have to let it go. And since I have my computer fixed from Trojan virus, now I'm back full-time. I love reading you guys' comments, really. Thanks for giving me courage! See you soon!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

Old 03-10-2005, 20:03   #180
MoonMate *27*

Hello to you too It sadned me to hear theres only 5more chapters. I liked to think that will never end and that there will always be more updates to read. Ill miss it a lot. What will we read then?? I just pray there youll write some new fanfic or fic because nothing can replace ur stories, im simply in love with ur style. Hmm those trojan virus u had is probablly by someone who like ur fics as much as i do n cant wait for update so wants to find it on ur pc lol.. Hope things will be ok for you. Thank you for sharing this fic with us
~~~~~~~~~~~
ReplyPost New Thread