Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Reputation and Reputation power

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 18-06-2004, 13:20   #141
you'll need love

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Who knew I could give too much reputation? Anyway I started to play along. I guess I'll get into trouble with my own club. I didn't give credit to most of the people that gave me credit. Sorry bout that. I mostly gave power to the suppliers of ftp servers. And those whose contributions I appreciated a lot.

While looking for members to give points I noticed ogags "volkova" account being closed. Anyone know where he went? Did he get banned or change to another profile?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 18-06-2004 at 13:23. Reason: fixed post
Old 18-06-2004, 13:32   #142
Gimme some sugar!

yo ho! welcome to the club

ogag's on a vacation
Old 18-06-2004, 13:37   #143
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggie Delite
yo ho! welcome to the club
Well not really happy to be a member. But thank you.

Quote:
ogag's on a vacation
But still that don't explain account being closed for reputation points?
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 21-06-2004, 20:19   #144
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataku
but i want to express my appreciation in points..hehe jk i dont want to be anymore trouble, ill just wait till i get 1,000 points.
I am now *sure* that you can give points to other members despite the fact that you have less than a year of membership and less than a thousand posts.

Earlier today, a member who joined at about the same time as you and has about 800 posts has given me reputation and it has increased my rep by one point.

I know for a fact that new members with very few posts can't give points (i had two people like that with less than 10 posts), but obviously you do get your first "power" point before your first year and and your first thousand posts.
This also explains why a member with 3k posts (3 points) and over a year of membership (1 point) has actually 5 power points.

So rep away Miss nataku.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 21-06-2004, 21:37   #145
Участник

was that member me:
Old 21-06-2004, 21:48   #146
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by taty994945
was that member me
LOL, i said that member had about 800 posts. You have more than 800 posts. Besides, wouldn't you know if you had given me rep?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 21-06-2004, 22:07   #147
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
This also explains why a member with 3k posts (3 points) and over a year of membership (1 point) has actually 5 power points.
Yeah, noticed I had the power of 5 while playing along in the weekend

Nice to know that nataku can play like other members. Still think it's wierd that we aren't equal in the system. We should all have the same power no matter what, I think. Still can't see that old members should be worth more than others.

Anyway..
*returns to mission:impossible: downloading the new videofile*
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 22-06-2004, 04:52   #148
Primetime Anchor

I just faced a funny situation here:

In one of the threads miss denial called another member for an idiot. Instead of placing a simple warning, I thought it was a better idea to decrease the reputation. I thought it was fair. Miss denial in her turn decreased my reputation with the motivation "she called me idiot everytime she post against me in public..not just idiot .. she said more crazy stupid .. etc etc .. so this only my first time I called her idiot...ok?.. fine .. you love her so much..".

Cool way! I hope not many of you practice such methods.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 22-06-2004, 04:58   #149
Участник

forre, everyone will be upset if their reputation is decreased, whether they realise they deserve it or now. That's why I was thinking of maybe asking Igor to make the reputation decreasing annonymous? Because sometimes people will be faced with a situation of decreasing a reputation of their friend, which puts them in a position to chose between friendship and what they think is the right thing to do...

The repuation system has a long way to go to perfection. But with time we'll shape it to suit our particular community needs.
Old 22-06-2004, 05:01   #150
Primetime Anchor

Not that I care so much about my own reputation but I don't think it's a good idea to decrease/increase the reputation just like that. It got to be for something. Not on the level of some personal dislike. In this case the system becomes a bit rediculous. Well ... nothing is perfect in this world.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-06-2004, 05:15   #151
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
forre, everyone will be upset if their reputation is decreased, whether they realise they deserve it or now. That's why I was thinking of maybe asking Igor to make the reputation decreasing annonymous?
I'm not sure it's a good thing to make the reputation decreasing anonymous Kate ....
1/Because people have to assume theirs acts: if they decrease , it's their right , but they have
to recognize that they have made it and be able to explain why...
2/Because if you see your points decreased and : you don't know Why and by Who.....
I think , there, you become really upset and it doesn't make you think and improve because you don't know what was wrong with you .....
Old 22-06-2004, 05:15   #152
iMod

Maybe administrators and moderators should have a special status that makes it impossible for regular members to decrease their points?
It seems a good idea that moderators use the point system to warn a member that they have done something wrong, but of course regular members should not be able to retaliate on moderators.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by haku; 22-06-2004 at 05:27.
Old 22-06-2004, 05:56   #153
Участник

sunwalk, that's exactly what I was thinking. This problem has two approaches, and either solution loses out on something...

I think haku has a good point about mods and admins being the only people who should be able to decrease points. If a member has a problem with that, then he can complain. I suppose. Aaaahh, I don't know any more. Stupid system.
Old 22-06-2004, 08:16   #154
winter days ...

mmm im starting to wonder if we are losing sight of the reason we post to the forum, and not perhaps getting too wrapped up in giving or taking reputation ... i can see how this is all going to become very personal to some people. and perhaps its becoming a bit too competitive. its almost similar to being in school again except here we get to choose whether we want to give or take reputation from people.

just my opinion. i think the system does have its merits, i just dont want to see it become the focus of tatysite.net
Old 22-06-2004, 08:23   #155
Участник

rosh, I'm pretty sure that this repuation system won't become the focus on TatySite.net. It's just that it's new right now, and people are all excited and are trying to get their heads around it.

I was giving a bit of thought to the taking away of reputation... maybe we should avoid it? There's no nead to take reputation away if a person swore, or was a bit rude. I personally think that the taking away of reputation should be reserved for deliberate trouble maker. Remember like I was? Yeah, so anyway, I am not like that anymore, but you get the picture.
Old 22-06-2004, 08:26   #156
winter days ...

maybe the only people who should be able to take reputation away should be mods and admins, in conjunction with warnings and stuff like that ? or what does anyone think ? i mean the rest of us could still either post our annoyance [politely] with someone or send them a pm ... just a thought ...
Old 22-06-2004, 10:05   #157
you'll need love

here I go again.

1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Instead of placing a simple warning, I thought it was a better idea to decrease the reputation. I thought it was fair.
I was really really close to doing the very same thing. I could have taken things in my own hands and given out bad reputation for posting posts that only made things worse in there. And some in other posts too. Then I figured: If I gave bad credit it would hit really hard (-5), and would end up making things worse.
I could have went for report bad thread. But then I would be to decide who should be the bad person in the discussion, and wouldn't want that either.
Ended up heading for the PM. Sorry that the solution ended up giving bad credit to you forre, for doing what you were asked to do in the first place.

2:
Quote:
That's why I was thinking of maybe asking Igor to make the reputation decreasing annonymous?
I can live with ignoring the system. But for this one: NO F. WAY. You already said in an earlier post that if people think bad credit is unfair they are allowed to complain to igor or so. Making the system anonymous would make that solution impossible to practise. And sure bad credit is a bad thing to get, which is one of the reasons I don't like bad credit system. If anything warnings could be private instead, and the system be closed down.

3:
Quote:
I was giving a bit of thought to the taking away of reputation... maybe we should avoid it? There's no nead to take reputation away if a person swore, or was a bit rude.
Said so long time ago. There is no way we can make sure people will use it for the right reasons. And in my mind the idiot post was only headed for even more trouble. Which would make the thread a trouble thread. Would bad credit be fair then? and if it was then why give bad credit in return? And if the system is for fun in the first place why be mad in case of bad credit?
Seems like people do take it serious after all. Though saying that it's only for fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 22-06-2004, 13:35   #158
we shout

Quote:
I just faced a funny situation here:

In one of the threads miss denial called another member for an idiot. Instead of placing a simple warning, I thought it was a better idea to decrease the reputation. I thought it was fair. Miss denial in her turn decreased my reputation with the motivation "she called me idiot everytime she post against me in public..not just idiot .. she said more crazy stupid .. etc etc .. so this only my first time I called her idiot...ok?.. fine .. you love her so much..".

Forre, I wasn't really upset when you decreased my reputation.. but I would be after this.. what was reduced from me was those free points I get .. and I'm out of it.. what left now IS what my friends gave me .. please no one touched that anymore.... not that it meant "a reputation" for me .. its more like a token of friendship .. and I do care about each..

This is what Forre said to me when she decreased me...
"We don't call anyone "idiots" here. Ok?"

So.. is this true? How come you just let her called me idiot so many times .. and no one do anything about it .. well I ignored .. sure .. but doesn't mean I didn't ask why no moderators taking action on this... it looked rude to me .. but ..well I thought this is allowed .. and so ..now... suddenly .. ? ... so that was why you lost your reputation there Forre .. sorry .. I just don't like confrontation... expecially with you ... you are a big girl too ...

Quote:
Cool way! I hope not many of you practice such methods.
..and this meant for you too .. I guess...

So you have anything to say about this .. please do .. I'm all yours now ..

-denial

---------------

btw, .. hi all *waves* .. .. I'm on vacation actually .. was just curious if I have to face this .. but looks like I do .. LoL ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 22-06-2004, 13:44   #159
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by denial
Forre, I wasn't really upset when you decreased my reputation.. but I would be after this.. what was reduced from me was those free points I get .. and I'm out of it.. what left now IS what my friends gave me .. please no one touched that anymore.... not that it meant "a reputation" for me .. its more like a token of friendship .. and I do care about each..

This is what Forre said to me when she decreased me...
"We don't call anyone "idiots" here. Ok?"

So.. is this true? How come you just let her called me idiot so many times .. and no one do anything about it .. well I ignored .. sure .. but doesn't mean I didn't ask why no moderators taking action on this... it looked rude to me .. but ..well I thought this is allowed .. and so ..now... suddenly .. ? ... so that was why you lost your reputation there Forre .. sorry .. I just don't like confrontation... expecially with you ... you are a big girl too ...

..and this meant for you too .. I guess...

So you have anything to say about this .. please do .. I'm all yours now ..

-denial

---------------

btw, .. hi all *waves* .. .. I'm on vacation actually .. was just curious if I have to face this .. but looks like I do .. LoL ..
Apparently if the system allowed to add/remove the points, so it doesn't work only in one direction. We see the system differently. I personally don't expect any points from my friends and more than that, the number of points doesn't display the what frienship means for me.

I didn't see anyone called you an idiot. If you accepted it, so be it, if not you are welcome to complain as this place is not meant for insulting each other.

You got your ponts back. A warning, insted. Just like before. Fair enough.

Happy vacation!

P.S. No one still got any idea why you decresed the points in the first place. Got upset? Please, try to grow up.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 22-06-2004, 13:58   #160
we shout

Quote:
Apparently if the system allowed to add/remove the points, so it doesn't work only in one direction. We see the system differently. I personally don't expect any points from my friends and more than that, the number of points doesn't display the what frienship means for me.
yep .. we see it differently then ..

Quote:
I didn't see anyone called you an idiot. If you accepted it, so be it, if not you are welcome to complain as this place is not meant for insulting each other.
well I don't know .. many people saw it .. maybe you didn't .... okay..

Quote:
You got your ponts back. A warning, insted. Just like before. Fair enough.
doesn't matter to me .. I appreaciate what my friends gave me .. because I know they took time to click the green + there ... with thier heart and write a little notes for me... you see .. its a different thing ..

Quote:
Happy vacation!
I don't really judge the system .. its okay .. I guess .. the way you want to practice it.. I think its a good thing too.. and I meant it .. ... well I just chose to be on vacation .. just to avoid more confrontations.. I've already lost to myself there...

okay .. take care ..

-denial
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me