Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Learning Russian with SP

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 21-10-2003, 21:30   #141
Bitchka

Quote:
huh, coolie, sry... sure I'm the only bustard here just had a ciggie and as I didn't have any snack today, it kinda had some effect on my brain
ehh sunnich, just saw whats been written here... dont ya worry if I am not a bastard, I am a bitch for sure ... ohhh and dont be bad to me - I cant smoke at work *envious*

yes, I am waiting for other people to post homework first

well, my name is originally spelled in Cyrillic but I can demostrate it... I wrote it on those yellow sheets... along with my nick name in Cyrillic ...*goes off to find the link*
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 21-10-2003, 21:39   #142
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Ufff... coolie... sry... it's not like I'm allowed to smoke at the place where I am now (my parent's flat) but I do anyway Here's at least a virtual ciggie for ya! But u also make me envy often, so we kinda have tie

btw, although I know exactly how ur name looks in cyrillic, I find it daaaamn hard to pronaunce. Guess, I'm just stuck for the russian variant "Кристина". So, putting Х there kinda breaks my tongue...
Old 21-10-2003, 21:50   #143
Echoes among the Stars

sunny poison, what about thinking of Христос? There you have all the consonant clusters and everything...I am not saying I pronounce it perfectly either, though

cniaju, huh? wow, thank you... Are you sure you're listening to the right file?
Old 21-10-2003, 21:52   #144
Bitchka

Quote:
btw, although I know exactly how ur name looks in cyrillic, I find it daaaamn hard to pronaunce. Guess, I'm just stuck for the russian variant "Кристина". So, putting Х there kinda breaks my tongue...
sunnich, we also have 'Кристина' I have a suspicion that Христина originated from Христoс = Christ and my bday jan 6th is Christmas according to the old calendar, also jan 6th is the bday of the most famous bulgarian poet: Hristo (Христo) Botev - go figure out my parents....

edit: ha ha russkaya beat me to the Hristos explanation

both of you guys pronaunce it pretty close to how it should be....I will make sure I say it when I post the homework
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 21-10-2003, 21:59   #145
ex-sunnich

huh... guys, I don't say I can't pronaunce it at all. I can. But it takes me a LOT of effort. As for Христос, I'm not buptized, I'm a kind of atheist... so, I don't need to pronaunce it really often (somehow I knew U'll use this example to shut me up ), but when I have to... well... I just say Иисус
Old 21-10-2003, 22:03   #146
Echoes among the Stars

Val, I hardly ever say Христос either somehow it doesn't come up very often....but it makes me feel better that you have some difficulty pronouncing these words too - I thought it was an American thing
Old 21-10-2003, 22:05   #147
Bitchka

sunnich I am not miss 'church girl' herself - that is why I was rolling my eyes at the Christ comparison...
for us it is Исус, but when you say this.... it in a way goes together with Hristos...Isuseeeeeeeeeeee Hristaaaaaaaaaa = Jesus Christ.

anway...
My names in Cyrillic - here are both my name - Hristina, and my nick - Cool As Fcuk - in cyrillic - the letter in ( ) in 'As' is the Russian Version, only difference

edit: hmmm, now you got me thinking... how do you say 'to feed' then?? For us that is 'hranya' (sorry, no cyrillic keyboard at work)..or the sound that crunchy food makes: 'hrupka'
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 21-10-2003, 22:08   #148
ex-sunnich

Heh... yes, u are not alone in this... although I'm kinda trained in pronauncing all kind of words (they don't let U choose on th radio. Once I had to say /and quite fast and clear/ губчатообразный энцефаллопетит /or however this should be really spelled/ THAT was a task!)
Old 21-10-2003, 22:09   #149
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
sunny sorry about that link, I messed something up. I've updated it now and finally on my username so I won't be taking your webspace anymore

why isn't anyone else posting their recordings? maybe our teacher should start giving bad marks for not doing homework

here's my name in cyrillic: Лана
cool in Croatia we say: Kristina
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 21-10-2003, 22:09   #150
Echoes among the Stars

Кормить? Тhat's "to feed." Кушать - "to eat." I can't think of any word with the same root you're talking about offhand...maybe sunny poison knows better, though.

sunnich, wooooooow, I'd have trouble with that too...

For foreigners there are all kinds of problems - phrases, etc., but of course the biggest stumbling block is usually in the first lesson: pronouncing (and spelling): здравствуйте. Four consonants in a row !!

Last edited by russkayatatu; 21-10-2003 at 22:15.
Old 21-10-2003, 22:14   #151
ex-sunnich

yeah, ur name looks exactly how I'd write it
to feed is кормить in russian
to make the sound u mean - хрустеть. There are also words like хрупкий хрусталь and some other... but it's just easier for me to pronaunce хру then хри (as in 2nd case U have to make Р soft may be)...
Old 21-10-2003, 22:16   #152
ex-sunnich

huh, Rach... This word isn't that difficult if U know which letter to pronaunce and wich not
Old 21-10-2003, 22:19   #153
Echoes among the Stars

I know...but in the beginning everyone in my class thought "what is this crazy language, to say hello you need 12 letters plus it is impossible to pronounce"
Old 21-10-2003, 22:36   #154
Bitchka

Quote:
to feed is кормить in russian
kormya (we dont have infinitive, so we use the 1 lice 1 chislo, as in 'I feed') means....to take someone's guts out of their stomach

Quote:
хрустеть. There are also words like хрупкий хрусталь
ahhh, yeah, we have 'hruskam' too

one last one... how about a kind of flower - do you have something similar to 'hrisantema'? dont know what it is in English
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 21-10-2003, 22:56   #155
Echoes among the Stars

Quote:
Originally posted by coolasfcuk

one last one... how about a kind of flower - do you have something similar to 'hrisantema'? dont know what it is in English
(edit: almost - thanks SP ) exactly the same: хризантема In English "chrysanthemum"...also in Russian хрип, a wheeze

кормя - LoL -

edit: гамбургер (hamburger), Гамбург (Hamburg - city), Гейнрих (Heinrich - name), Гарри Поттер (Harry Potter)... there are a lot; it's a common change. Bravo

Last edited by russkayatatu; 21-10-2003 at 23:09.
Old 21-10-2003, 22:58   #156
Bitchka

now that I come to think of it... I think Russians put 'g' instead of 'h' in lots of those words that start with 'h' in BG...so they start with 'g' in Russian, like... ummm, ummm..... 'heroin' in BG - 'geroin' in Russian..will think of other ones later

ahhh, nevermind...rach, thanks... I guess this is not one of those....

edit: playing tricks on eachother with deleting message rach yeahhhhhhhhhhh, that's what I am talking about... those crazy russians and their 'g's
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 21-10-2003, 23:06   #157
Echoes among the Stars

haha...usually only for words of foreign origin, though, I think. Like "heroin" - cognate with English, hamburger, etc. - Христос words...you wouldn't get Гристос - yuck And грисантема sounds like "grease"...Russians aren't that crazy
Old 21-10-2003, 23:07   #158
ex-sunnich

Хризантема. Yeah, we have it too, although these are not flowers for the dead only. Kids give them to their teachers and the 1st of September as well. not like it means anything
Old 21-10-2003, 23:12   #159
Echoes among the Stars

sunny poison, I don't think they're just flowers for the dead here either...I just remember reading that somewhere In France, maybe?

btw, my name in Cyrillic: Рейчел, or Рэйчел

and my nick is easy: русскаятату, although it looks kind of funny
Old 22-10-2003, 00:38   #160
dirty white boy

[Cniaju = Цньяю, Loki = Локи]

And yes, I'm sure I was hearing the correct voice, after
verifying its authenticity next to two renditions of Простые
Движения.

// Loki
ReplyPost New Thread