Your eyes stay, they don't stray, from my face
Don't leave them there!

Let them slip a bit
Come get the rest of it
i'm woman all the way down
Slide down to the hips
There's like a load of lips
I'm woman all the way down

I have to say this song is pretty dirty lol. Her talking about her....lips :P you know she's woman all the way down :P
I know, I sound super-stereotypical now but I really ignored the song and lyrics because I was excited and still am about the website... anyway, all this sounds like an old guy who tries to write as if he were a woman. I mean, as a good writer the sex doesn't play any role, but this is just - oh man, someone really has to help her... in understanding what these people do and who the hell got them to do it in the first place? She needs to get better people (her entire team, I suppose) and she shouldn't be shy about it. This will get you nowhere.
Great, it is nice to see that someone is interested in you and your project after all the shitty last years, but only because they have nothing else going on. Yulia, search and wait and search again. Even if it takes ages - if this snippet were one of her average songs, it would still be just horrible and just as random and far away (from t.A.T.u.'s explosions) as Lena's stuff (for me). Having an old, out-dated guy writing lyrics for her or lyrics that he has written years ago, but were dismissed ages ago or whatever their origin might be - it won't work! She really needs to get her shit together, make some clear cuts und look around - therefore, she needs to be in L.A. constantly. (She doesn't seem to look for fresh blood now (in Russia or elsewhere) - which the entire industry should do of course more... but she's insecure and people might tell her, oh he's experienced...). I guess, she can do so much better if she doesn't only agree or disagree with suggestions, but looks for people that think at least in a similar way... It is tough, might be very tough, but she needs to go this way.

Just being dirty and just singing random stuff - no wonder there aren't any emotions in her voice because it is not her just like some songs from WM are not her... She needs to feel the song, the music, the lyrics and if she can't, don't do it - I hope I'm wrong, but if she likes this or forces herself to like what she's singing there, she must have a very low self-esteem (aka lips etc. etc.)...

Last edited by little_polar_bear; 29-01-2011 at 17:48.

Old 29-01-2011, 18:29   #742
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
If that's true maybe t.A.T.u. can be revitalized with something interesting in the near future.

Old 29-01-2011, 18:43   #743
reconciled

^ Totally. If it's true, I think this is a good way to deal with this. I'd be very happy (just emotionally)...

Old 29-01-2011, 18:49   #744
Участник

All my love posted what she believes to be the correct lyrics for the snippet, here
http://www.tatu.ru/forum/viewtopic.p...117895#1117895
I think they are right. Just a bit of harmless fun, though maybe not fitting tatu tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear View Post
She needs to feel the song, the music, the lyrics
I have never bought that argument. Yulia would sound good singing about complex mathematical arguments or fifteenth century effluent disposal systems. No special emotions are necessary.

Old 29-01-2011, 20:05   #745
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post

I have never bought that argument. Yulia would sound good singing about complex mathematical arguments or fifteenth century effluent disposal systems. No special emotions are necessary.
I'm not sure where you got your doctorate in music theory but everything you've just said is wrong. No opinion or argument required. Her English is not good in the demo and she is not singing. But by all means, if you enjoy discrediting hundreds of years of musical science by praising soulless, bad music - continue to do so.

Last edited by Talyubittu; 29-01-2011 at 21:18.

Old 29-01-2011, 22:00   #746
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Her English is not good in the demo and she is not singing.
It’s the same old argument. The people with diplomas in music will say it’s no good because it’s done all wrong. I will say the only thing that matters is the sound and it sounds awesome.

Old 29-01-2011, 23:01   #747
Участник

For me it's simple, Yulia Volkova is not an American or English singer and don't need to sing like that. She's a russian girl singing in English. The world does not speak english without an accent as you like...WTH?
for me it's a good way... =)

Old 30-01-2011, 00:20   #748
Участник

I don't like the song at all. but it was shut-up-fans after at all. So it was ok. And her website was too good.
~~~~~~~~~~~
[I can feel tension bewteen us, I know that our love will die]
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"

Old 30-01-2011, 01:07   #749
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
Yulia would sound good singing about complex mathematical arguments or fifteenth century effluent disposal systems. No special emotions are necessary.
Music is the language of the soul. Period.

Old 30-01-2011, 01:19   #750
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsseAmaAquele View Post
For me it's simple, Yulia Volkova is not an American or English singer and don't need to sing like that. She's a russian girl singing in English. The world does not speak english without an accent as you like...WTH?
for me it's a good way... =)
That's an extremely rude and irrational comment. Yulia Volkova is not American nor English - so why is she singing in English at all? - Because she's attempting to break into an English speaking market. It's not a matter of whether or not I mind her accent because obviously I wouldn't have wasted 4+ years on this forum if so. If you are attempting to make music for the English world - your English should be comprehensible. It has nothing to do with"the world" not speaking English to my liking. Far from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB
It’s the same old argument. The people with diplomas in music will say it’s no good because it’s done all wrong. I will say the only thing that matters is the sound and it sounds awesome.
Yes. The same pointless argument between you and I for the last four years and point for me - she's still recording music without significant recognition even in comparison to other indie artists. Even her fans are unimpressed. So sound may very well be the only thing that matters, but nobody else seems to hear how "awesome" this 30 second garbage sample is. Thats what you fail to see.

Old 30-01-2011, 02:02   #751
Участник

Quote:
Even her fans are unimpressed.
Well from what I’ve seen on the forums some of her fans are impressed. I think you’ve seen it too or you only read posts, which fit with your little prejudices. Anyway, as I’m sure little_polar_bear will agree, there are not enough old tatu fans left to sustain the careers of either Yulia or Lena. Both require new fans and I think the sound Yulia is producing will attract them in their droves.

Old 30-01-2011, 02:13   #752
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
why is she singing in English at all? - Because she's attempting to break into an English speaking market.
That's not the rule anymore. Many artist sing in English without aiming the international market. They do it just to satisfy themselves. Most of local metal bands sing in English. Sergey Lazarev is a popular example, I doubt if he still thinks he'll conquer the English speaking market. Yulia singing in English is a normal thing as she is an artist who tasted international success, she still has fans from all over the world. We still don't know whether the main target is local or international market but local market would be the way. She keeps appearing in local shows.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...

Old 30-01-2011, 02:28   #753
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
That's not the rule anymore. Many artist sing in English without aiming the international market. They do it just to satisfy themselves. Most of local metal bands sing in English. Sergey Lazarev is a popular example, I doubt if he still thinks he'll conquer the English speaking market. Yulia singing in English is a normal thing as she is an artist who tasted international success, she still has fans from all over the world. We still don't know whether the main target is local or international market but local market would be the way. She keeps appearing in local shows.
Do you know anything about Yulia Volkova? Her website is in English, and she's recording in America where she's stated for years she plans on relocating to. Not to mention her former stance on Russian being vastly superior to English as it was a chore and of little interest for her to learn up until recently. Coincidence? I think not. Sergey Lazarev is an awful example, because the only English music he's recorded has been an attempt at breaking into the English world - namely the United Kingdom. And not to burst your bubble, but her main target is indeed an international market as stated on her official forum and by contacts of mine involved with Yulia's project. Even if Yulia was planning on a "local" career - local is still L.A. - and L.A. is America, English. Whatever rule you're speaking of is not applicable to this situation.

On another note. Her website being down for this long is not a good way to direct interest into the project. Why is it taking so long to fix?

Old 30-01-2011, 02:44   #754
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
I missed that statement on her official forum because I still have problem opening the website That's a new thing for me as we never had an official saying what the aim is.

In Turkey we have a popstar, the best one, named Tarkan, living a period of his life in NYC, recording in LA and various places in Europe but still making music mostly aiming Turkish market. Living and recording in LA doesn't mean that you will make music for America. Sergey mostly published English music since he left his group. At first he had hopes but I doubt if he still has, but he is still singing songs in English.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...

Old 30-01-2011, 02:58   #755
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
I missed that statement on her official forum because I still have problem opening the website That's a new thing for me as we never had an official saying what the aim is.

In Turkey we have a popstar, the best one, named Tarkan, living a period of his life in NYC, recording in LA and various places in Europe but still making music mostly aiming Turkish market. Living and recording in LA doesn't mean that you will make music for America. Sergey mostly published English music since he left his group. At first he had hopes but I doubt if he still has, but he is still singing songs in English.
The day Sergey Lazarev comes out of the closet and claims he has no interest in becoming an international pop star is the day that I grow wings and fly.

Old 30-01-2011, 11:57   #756
Martian Eyes

Quote:
The day Sergey Lazarev comes out of the closet and claims he has no interest in becoming an international pop star is the day that I grow wings and fly.
...and you'll never see S. Dakota from above this way! Of course he still hopes for an international career, as most of the younger musicians in Russia do. But there is a catch. Russians are much into song lyrics, but they don't understand English. So, if you sing in English, it's not good for your popularity, and if you are not popular there, noone in the international market is interested in you.

If Yulya wants to stay an international artist, she has to be comprehensible. She wants to tell something after all, but that doesn't mean that she necessarily has to sing without an accent. There is more than the native English speakers out there, and they communicate in English as well. This market is not very picky about correct English, as long as they can understand. North America and the UK (the biggest markets apart from Japan) are definitely harder. Here you should speak/sing English as good as possible.

Old 30-01-2011, 21:48   #757
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
...and you'll never see S. Dakota from above this way! Of course he still hopes for an international career, as most of the younger musicians in Russia do. But there is a catch. Russians are much into song lyrics, but they don't understand English. So, if you sing in English, it's not good for your popularity, and if you are not popular there, noone in the international market is interested in you.

If Yulya wants to stay an international artist, she has to be comprehensible. She wants to tell something after all, but that doesn't mean that she necessarily has to sing without an accent. There is more than the native English speakers out there, and they communicate in English as well. This market is not very picky about correct English, as long as they can understand. North America and the UK (the biggest markets apart from Japan) are definitely harder. Here you should speak/sing English as good as possible.

I definitely would have to be very, very high in the sky to see any part of South Dakota from where I am now.

Old 31-01-2011, 00:27   #758
Участник

the fact is. English music in the uk and america is totally different to what Yulia is producing. And i will always call her Yulia cause i think this Julia business is just stupid. But i think you don't have to have perfect english in the uk for a song to be good cause em Stereo love got quite high in the charts and i found the accent in that song was really bad. So it just shows.

Old 31-01-2011, 04:24   #759
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeich View Post
the fact is. English music in the uk and america is totally different to what Yulia is producing. And i will always call her Yulia cause i think this Julia business is just stupid. But i think you don't have to have perfect english in the uk for a song to be good cause em Stereo love got quite high in the charts and i found the accent in that song was really bad. So it just shows.
Stereo Love is a house track.

Old 31-01-2011, 19:11   #760
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeich View Post
And i will always call her Yulia cause i think this Julia business is just stupid.
I will say it a thousand of times but Julia is the same name as Yulia, for english speakers.

I have read at some posts. I think that actual show-business music is not a matter of soul. Of course best singers are the ones who give their soul to their music. But there are a thousand of product which are done for selling.
This is just the beginning of Yulia's solo career so i don't think we can really judge about the quality.
The sample is average in my opinion.
About the lyrics, yes, it sounds a bit silly lol.
For the accent, doesn't really matter for me.
When i hear an english native singer singing in french, i am not so disturbed by the big accent lol.

Closed ThreadPost New Thread