Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2007 (Finland)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 13-05-2007, 20:39   #701
pie crust

I think he would. haku is a very intelligent individual.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 13-05-2007, 20:43   #702
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
Maybe not British, but Russia is one of the countries with the biggest amount of pirated CDs, is it not?
Was about 95% of all bought CDs just few years ago, probably bit better now but not less than 70% I guess. Our pirats are richer than Serbian, I guess. They pirate more CDs at time and they make them look closer to original, but real artists keep producing CDs on their own expense and earn money on concerts and private parties of rich people
Old 13-05-2007, 20:44   #703
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Maybe not British, but Russia is one of the countries with the biggest amount of pirated CDs, is it not?
Russian artists make huge bucks on their gigs as the country is huge and they normally sell out big venues. They don't even need any charts to get extremely rich as Bilan became after his second place last year. Eurovision songs normally enter national charts successfully. I bet The Ark was or is #1 in Sweden. Probably was, as the song has been in heavy rotation on radio stations since March. UK song deserved the bottom position as it belongs back in 70's. End of the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 13-05-2007, 21:34   #704
Trust no1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauiii View Post
Eurovision 2007 Opening [Lauiii].mpg 210MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8qz0r
Thank you. It was nice to see it without Wogan wittering all over it. Normally it takes until the voting before he's pissed, but he must have started on the Baileys early this year
Old 13-05-2007, 22:34   #705
Like It Or Not

Send a message via ICQ to Matvei
Serbia - Beautiful song . I like Bosnia & Hercegovina, Spain and Georgia

Ukraine -

p.s. Can someone upload perform from Serbia?
~~~~~~~~~~~
[www.tatulife.ru] [matvei@tatulife.ru]

YOU LIVE AMERICAN DREAM!!! IT IS NOT FOR ME!!!!

«Я не знаю, как им это удалось! Я не верю, что такое можно донести, не будучи отчаянно, смертельно влюбленным! Если они актрисы, то великие!!!»
Old 13-05-2007, 23:08   #706
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
People are just jealous. haku, I dunno who did you like the best, but if one of your favourites won (not The Ark) you wouldn't say that!
I would. First of all, i had no favorite, i never do, except for last year because i thought Lordi was a good kick in the balls. Second, you have to understand that i'm a typical 40yo Western European, i've seen 3 decades of ESC and as most people here i see the contest as a big joke, a kitch fest which is worth watching to have a good laugh but nothing more, i've never seen France win and i never will, and that doesn't bother me at all.
The voting process itself is quite entertaining if you look at it with a step back, i've always seen Germany give 12 points to Turkey for example, and not because Germans are such big lovers of Turkish music (can you imagine Bavarians singing 'shake it, shake it'… well, maybe at the Oktober Fest looking at some curvy beermaid's jugs, but that's it) but because the Turkish diaspora is absolutely unable to vote for anything else than their own country even when it's pure crap, and now we have the Eastern block and diaspora always voting for itself. Once you've seen those totally predictable voting patterns repeat year after year after year, you realize that the whole thing is just a big farce not meant to be taken seriously.

And no, i don't like this year's winner because to me, it has 0 entertainment value, but i would say the same thing regardless of which country it's from. As for saying that the UK entry will sell more records than the winner, again i would say the same thing regardless, it's nothing personal, the UK entry *always* do better in the charts than the ESC winner, that's just the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Eurovision songs normally enter national charts successfully.
Except in France, we traditionally don't buy our own entries. As far as i know, this year's entry won't be released at all (except as a download on iTunes and Fnac).

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I bet The Ark was or is #1 in Sweden.
Yeah, it was #1 until last week, still in the top 10 this week.

And thanks Queenie
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 13-05-2007, 23:18   #707
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
Except in France, we traditionally don't buy our own entries.
France will win when they bother to send something decent. I haven't seen aything worthy from France since Natasha St. Pierre, when I voted for her. After that, I never voted for crappy French songs at Eurovision. A matter of taste, of course. If France sends to Eurovision something that has no chance to be released in the own country, then it's all up and down. No wonder, the rest of Europe never votes for such songs either.

I love it how Swedes are screaming about diaspora, neighbouly voting, etc. They had Carola to end as #5 last year and the voting system wasn't any different. What I'm saying is that if you have a great song performed well, then it has all chances to win, despite of neighbourly voting.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 13-05-2007, 23:21   #708
pie crust

forre, Sweden was affected aswell, weren't they? As far as I remember, both Denmark and Iceland gave their 12s to Sweden. As for Finland, I can't remember.

But of course it's okay when they get 12 points from their neighbours, but when someone else does it it's a complete disaster. A bunch of hypocrites
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 13-05-2007, 23:28   #709
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
As for Finland, I can't remember.
Sweden:
12 from Denmark
12 from Norway
10 from Iceland
8 from Finland
7 from UK (because of ABBA, LOL)
2 from Andorra
0 from the rest of voting countries

So, who is voting neighbourly now?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 13-05-2007, 23:31   #710
pie crust

forre, fortunately there are people who aren't blind

And someone else is bitter about losing
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 13-05-2007, 23:45   #711
Primetime Anchor

QueenBee, Yeeh, yeeh. I've read all those headlines. Stockselius said exactly the words I've been repeating for the past 5 years. At least EBU has no plans to jump on a train of madness run by the Western audience, where they suggest separate competition or zone semi-finals. Ha-ha! For what? And will it be fair? Let's say that former Yugoslavian countries chose 1 song, where they could have 3 excellent songs but other 2 got no chance in the final because of the zone-system. So, after we have Sweden with the Ark for instance or Finland or Iceland - it depends. After we got Turkey among South European zone and maybe Irish country song. So, all in all, Serbia wins anyway, followed by Ukraina. Turkey finished 3rd and Sweden 4th, where better songs like Moldova or Hungary or Russia are left somewhere between places 18-24. Is it fair?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 14-05-2007, 00:23   #712
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
France will win when they bother to send something decent. I haven't seen aything worthy from France since Natasha St. Pierre, when I voted for her. After that, I never voted for crappy French songs at Eurovision. A matter of taste, of course. If France sends to Eurovision something that has no chance to be released in the own country, then it's all up and down. No wonder, the rest of Europe never votes for such songs either.
The problem is that French people have the idea that non-French people only like "old-fashioned" French music (Piaf and stuff) but not the type of modern French music that actually sells well here, so when they try to find something to send to Eurovision, they choose what they think non-French people could like, not what *they* like, if French people chose what they like, they would have sent Fatal Bazooka instead of Fatals Picards.

Apart from that, what do French people like? Well, let's take a look at current French charts…

They like French rap, like Faf Larage,
French R'n'B like Leslie,
Techno pop like David Vendetta,
Sugar pop like Superbus

All of those are major hits in France, but quite frankly they would probably get null points from other European countries if we sent them (or something in the same genre) to Eurovision and French people know it, so least of a miracle, i don't see French people starting to send what they like to Eurovision anytime soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 14-05-2007, 00:55   #713
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
The problem is that French people have the idea that non-French people only like "old-fashioned" French music (Piaf and stuff) but not the type of modern French music that actually sells well here, so when they try to find something to send to Eurovision, they choose what they think non-French people could like, not what *they* like
Well let's see how many years it takes France to understand they'll never guess and start enjoying themselves and showing respect to the audience of ESC by sending something they buy themselves I mean it's not like you really have anything to loose at the moment.

Here in Russia they choose among popular artists, ones that are on MTV and radio a lot. But Channel 1 has their own idea on what ESC format is. It has to be a modern, agressive, poppish song in english. So they demand from artists songs that fit this description. It happens that they prefere less experienced artist over experienced one just because of the song like it was this year with Serebro. It's always a risk of course but if you don't risk, you don't drink shampaigne as we say here.

France has enough of good artists in different genres. France has enough talented choreographers and show directors. France has enough money to create just 1 great stage show. You send a decent song by decent performer, bring some drama on the stage, make people laugh or cry and here you are in top10 at least. France definitely could do it if they tried. You are ethalon of style after all.
Old 14-05-2007, 03:22   #714
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
Bulgaria, Bulgaria, my love. I love it. Nanananana, vitlele, nanananana vitlere, vitlele, oh! lol
stk, sorry, but she says: "Mitre.. le" not "vitlele"

I am happy of how bulgaria did in our first final, in fact if you look at the votes, we got 4-7 points from almost every country.. and if you concider the top three votes to be very political, the real song appreciation happens in the votes with 5 to 7 point votes....

The serbian song did not deserve to win, but whatever... the kitsch show was good this year and we had nice mimosas with my friends while watching.....

the unforgiven, your taste in music is wack! .. oh wait, you like them poppy shit, i understand...

oh yeah.. the FAT DYKE won! Viva GAy-o-vision
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 14-05-2007 at 03:46.
Old 14-05-2007, 07:58   #715
Bitchka

ha http://www.elenatemnikova.com/Evro2007/DUkuso4ki.wmv
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 14-05-2007, 12:29   #716
aj ne

Matvei, here you are! Enjoy!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y23gano - Molitva

One question: Why Italy isn't in Eurovison?
Old 14-05-2007, 12:57   #717
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Станко394 View Post
One question: Why Italy isn't in Eurovison?
In 1997 they sent their San Remo Festival winner - Jalisse with Fiumi Di Parole. The song was supposed to win as the bets were high but ended up 4th at Eurovision. RAI got upset and withdrew from further participation in Eurovision. There were talks of Italy to return but none of it happened yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 14-05-2007, 13:42   #718
aj ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
In 1997 they sent their San Remo Festival winner - Jalisse with Fiumi Di Parole. The song was supposed to win as the bets were high but ended up 4th at Eurovision. RAI got upset and withdrew from further participation in Eurovision. There were talks of Italy to return but none of it happened yet.
OMG
I thought it was some kind of contingency...
Wow, you didn't win, so what..?! pft
Old 14-05-2007, 13:56   #719
Primetime Anchor

Станко394, It's their national pride I guess. They thought that if the winner of the olderst European song contest stood no chance, it all becomes useless anyway. I agree, it was hell of a beautiful song but UK got it instead, which was understandable - one of the better winning songs at Eurovision as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 14-05-2007, 14:00   #720
aj ne

Oh yes, that fu**ingpride.
I wonder how good was Italian song?!
ReplyPost New Thread