Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

USA - General discussion (Part 1)

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 00:02   #401
no....

this is getting crazy, i'll leave you to your strange delusions, but i'll continue to live as comfortably as I can and not have to worry about the heavy taxation of my parents and to know that nothing will change for a while. I'm fine with it, maybe the rest of you will just have to get over it all.

See you tomorrow

Old 04-11-2004, 00:04   #402
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Yeah, people wamt to live an dwork there. Maybe I will as well in the future. Yet I can still disagree with their policies. I'd just take the GOOD parts of the liberal capitalism, out of it. Making money. Maybe I'd detest the hypocracy, double standards and near fanatical conservative catolicizm, but that doesn't concern me directly as a person.
exactly - good and bad things all over the world... gotta learn to take the good
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 04-11-2004, 00:13   #403
iMod

Hmmm, i've never been tempted by emmigrating to the US to live and work, lol. I mean, crazy hours, no social security, almost no vacations, ugly architecture and cities so big that you have to take your car for everything, horrible food, and christian fanatics everywhere...

But that's just me.

Oh, and being topless is forbidden on beaches.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 04-11-2004, 00:16   #404
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
Hmmm, i've never been tempted by emmigrating to the US to live and work, lol.
cause you are lucky enough to be born in France ... Let me not list to you the BAD sides of living in Bulgaria 7 years ago

and I really think it is great for a person to travel and live in different places .. the more the better ... projected future for me - live in EU country for a while... after that we will see
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 04-11-2004, 00:18   #405
Участник

Quote:
Oh, and being topless is forbidden on beaches.
Exactly! What's the point of having boobs if I'm not gonna show them? Just for the record - I'm kiddin'.

Well, I was unlucky enough to be born a Russian, but lucky enough to have a dad that got us to NZ.

Old 04-11-2004, 00:19   #406
you'll need love

Quote:
so big that you have to take your car for everything
those big, big cars.. then again the cars aren't as expensive there as in Denmark and gasoline is cheaper aswell..
But I'll remain in Denmark. It doesn't matter as much who wins the election here, it's just about the same and even if it's the wrong ones that win it's little that actually does change.
Just hope that we will take part in the Euro sooner or later. And that is one of the few things that can actually heat up the masses here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 04-11-2004 at 00:21. Reason: Totally overuse of the same few words.. I'm heading for bed

Old 04-11-2004, 00:35   #407
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
Well, I was unlucky enough to be born a Russian, but lucky enough to have a dad that got us to NZ.
the NZ conversation wasnt enough for you at the Russian Forum, ah Kate? Maybe you should start talking about Mars, ah?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 04-11-2004, 00:37   #408
Участник

coolasfcuk, I love NZ. Whatcha gonna do? Bite me? If you want to talk about Mars, you don't have to ask for my initiation, go straigh ahead. And if you like these childish "quarrels", I recommend you join a kindergarden or continue them here, whatever. I'm not gonna endorse them from my side.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:11   #409

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
I had a whole disparaging post about the sad state of affairs in this country if Bush, after all the crap that has gone on, can get more popular votes than any President in history (over 50 million), but I lost it, by accidently hitting the back button. Anyway, you can stop waiting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Bush will be re-elected.
----> Spyretto

Old 04-11-2004, 01:16   #410
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
freds, come visit me in ann arbor! i would love to have you.

on another note, we're fucked, here in america.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 04-11-2004, 01:25   #411
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Well actualy I always aspired to move to North America at some point. Whether it'd be USA or Canada, I don't really care. I just like the lifestyle I guess. I actualy LIKE the architecture, the food, the people, the whole diverse culture etc I know many people hate it, especialy Europeans, (and some Americans as well probably), but it's definitely something different for me. WAY different, while still being in the west. I guess I just wasn't meant to live in a country which nationalty is 85% homogamous. And I'll be damned if some silly polititian will weaken my intent to go or not.
Though something tells me that in a decade or two Europe might be economicaly more powerful then US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Heh. I might

Old 04-11-2004, 02:07   #412

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Yeah, me too, people!

On a similar note, here's what my Mom wrote to our local paper recently:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

In light of the demographics of Washtenaw County which is a college community, I am appalled that your editors endorsed Bush for the election. I do not know how the election will turn out as I am writing this on Monday evening. I would have expected your paper to more accurately reflect the views of its readers.

I am moving away from the Ann Arbor area shortly after Thanksgiving. If not for this fact and that my subscription is already entered with an ending date, I would cancel my subscription. I do not want my money going to causes of any sort that endorse views I do not share.

I sincerely hope you realize the extremely poor example you set for our young adults who are voting in their first election tomorrow. You have told them that it doesn't matter if you lie, doesn't matter if you break the rules and that it is alright if there is one standard for the US and another standard for the rest of the world. I do not know if the voters will be smart enough to make the right choice tomorrow. I know that I have a son for whom tomorrow is his first presidential election and he, fortunately, is educated enough to see the lying, cheating and double standards that exist. Shame on you as a business for not being able to see what an 18 year old can clearly see ! (<---- Hmm, wonder who that is... )
And again, my mother (a very intelligent person, and certainly a person with convictions):

Quote:
Dear Mr. Albom,

About your article today in the Free Press, I would like to add my simple comments.

You wrote, in part … "Take your sign down.

Pull up the stakes. Rip up the cardboard. Throw the whole thing in the trash.

We are no longer Bush or Kerry this morning, we are no longer right or left. Our reds and blues need to be united now, by the pure and neutral white that completes the American flag."

Simply put, this will never happen. If 2000 wasn’t bad enough to divide the nation, this is absolutely much worse. I know many non citizens from other countries. In fact, my husband is not a citizen and thus wasn’t eligible to vote. In the face of all of these acquaintances, family and friends, I am ashamed to be an American. There is no comprehensible explanation for my fellow citizens who endorsed lying, murder and double standards at the polls yesterday. All I can do is cry and tell these people I had nothing to do with it. When we were trick or treating with our children on Halloween last week, I walked past houses with Republican signs on their lawns. I will never ever set foot in the state of Ohio again in my life for any reason whatsoever ( I am 43 ).

My sincere apologies if I have offended you should you have voted for Bush. Votes are personal and should stay that way. But you know what you did and if the shoe fits personally, I hope your conscience can live with it.

The ONLY good thing I can say about this election is that I live in Washtenaw county and I am proud to say that I live in a county that votes Democratic and also that the state of Michigan as a whole had more people that knew what they were going on about yesterday. Unfortunately, there are more red-necks in the United States than there are people like myself.

For that, I can just apologize to my husband who pays his taxes and can’t have a voice at the polls.
Quote:
Voters in Ohio make me sick. I am a registered voter in Ann Arbor,
Michigan which for those not familiar with the area is 30 minutes
north of the Ohio state line. I used to go into Ohio every now and
again because it was close by. Never Never Never again. It is bad
enough that we have Buckeyes down there. Choke ()*( Gag ^%^$^*&. But
if you were a Buckeye voting for Kerry, I would be proud to shake your
hand. This was much bigger and more important than football but Ohio
showed its true colours. Very very sad that 51% of you endorsed
lying, cheating, stealing, double standards and we haven't even began
to discuss job loss in the economy. Thank the good Lord for term
limits in this country, that is the only thing saving our souls, Ohio
voters sure aren't going to do it. For those who don't remember their
political history, term limits were voted in by a Republican Congress
too.

For those 49% of you Ohio voters who had your blinders off and showed
a modicum of common sense to vote with the majority of Michigan
voters, let us stand united this morning along with Bruce and sing a
very rousing rendition of " No Surrender ". We did NOT vote for lying
and killing. Just remember that it is NOT our fault every day for the
next 4 years, we did the right thing. We will never surrender our
souls.
(Term limits for President where, thankfully, put in by Republicans who were pissed b/c Dem. Franklin Roosevelt was elected four times.)

Last edited by ypsidan04; 04-11-2004 at 02:28.

Old 04-11-2004, 02:45   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
Heh, and what's wrong with being a Russian? Ok, it kinda sucks here. Not as glamarous as all you people think, or don't think.. It's cold also... But I'm still proud to be a Russian.

NZ must be awesome though. I was lucky enough to been born with connections, giving me money and things I needed for school and travel.

Well if you people aren't the most pessimistic people I've seen! I don't feel sorry for the Americans, I think that they made the right choice, and they voted for who they wanted (well enough did). They should be allowed to get who they choose. And I've seen a lot of bad politicians, but for Americans, I feel you can take comfort in that it would be really hard (even for Bush) to remove America from super-power status. Best of luck and fortune to you and your leader.

As for everyone else... well... just don't make the US mad.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:10   #414
iMod

Ok, since the election is over but there are and will be plenty of stuff to discuss about the things the Bush administration is going to do, i have widened the topic to US policy in general.

So you can discuss the aftermath of the election, the war in Iraq, the future wars in Syria, Iran, or North Korea, and the international policy of the US in general.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 04-11-2004, 03:40   #415
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
OK for some reason I seriously suspect Iran is next. It'd go well with the trend of semi-correcting old mistakes. Maybe Dick Chainey could be the new Shah Of Iran.

OMG... analists on CNN predict that one of the crucial moments in the election actualy happened BEFORE the election, on the super-bowl, when Janet Jackson flashed her boob. Saying as though "the american people finaly saw how RAUNCHY things have become"... I mean... WHAT THE FUCK? A boob?! Could they BE more prude? The boob thing is something we could only smirk about in Europe for sure. It wouldn't be a subject of general outrage.

Last edited by freddie; 04-11-2004 at 04:22.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:50   #416
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxxi
That peopel who complain most here are not Americans.

No, my positions are same. But I think Us elections are US internal thing, something we, non-americans have no place to complain about.
Yeah but why are you constantly complaining about non-Americans complaining about US elections? Two wrongs don't make a right
Having said that, those elections were a bit different, as the candidates had a different view on the role of the US' foreign policy, which inevitably concerns us non-Americans as well; especially during these turbulent times.

Quote:
Really? Think again. What will Bush likely do?
1. More fighting in Iraq. Which likely means more deaths which means more support for insurgents.
2. continued support for Isael. Which means more Palestinians dead which menas more support for Hamas et al.
3. Pressure on IRan. Which means hardliners will use US pressures as emans to supress reformists.

Face it, Bush's victory is great victory for those who aren't buddies with US.

I'm not sure that he's gonna do more fighting in Iraq than Kerry would do, what indication is there of that? We simply don't know, the situation now is in control of the Pentagon. As for continued support for Israel, that is guaranteed whoever is in power in America, don't you think so?
Not to forget, Bush is supposed to be the guy who's gonna crack down the terrorist networks, seek the terrorists out of their holes and stuff, right?

Quote:
Maybe you could find a job in China (you speak Chinese if i remember correctly), i'm sure this country will dedicate a lot of money to scientific research in various fields including genetics in the coming years.
Not to mention you'll be absolutely treated like a god there

Last edited by spyretto; 04-11-2004 at 05:01.

Old 04-11-2004, 05:14   #417
My Waking Hour

Quote:
OK for some reason I seriously suspect Iran is next. It'd go well with the trend of semi-correcting old mistakes. Maybe Dick Chainey could be the new Shah Of Iran.

OMG... analists on CNN predict that one of the crucial moments in the election actualy happened BEFORE the election, on the super-bowl, when Janet Jackson flashed her boob. Saying as though "the american people finaly saw how RAUNCHY things have become"... I mean... WHAT THE FUCK? A boob?! Could they BE more prude? The boob thing is something we could only smirk about in Europe for sure. It wouldn't be a subject of general outrage.
I don't think there will be an attack in Iran or Syria or North Korea unless the US is struck on home soil again. If that doesn't happen he'll have a relatively peaceful four years but if they're struck again, you should expect a US retaliation ten times more catastrophic.
Then we'll be probably heading for a world war

Old 04-11-2004, 05:30   #418
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
I don't think there will be an attack in Iran or Syria or North Korea unless the US is struck on home soil again. If that doesn't happen he'll have a relatively peaceful four years but if they're struck again, you should expect a US retaliation ten times more catastrophic.
Then we'll be probably heading for a world war
Well I think it's a "now or never" chance for the terrorist to get the MOST impact out of another attack. It's crucual for then to strike in these next few years. Bush is too predictable not to take advantage of that. When and if a new attact happens there'll be many people who'll say that American people "deserved" what they got with electing Bush for their president. I'm sure there'll be reactions like that.

Old 04-11-2004, 05:51   #419

Quote:
Bush is too predictable not to take advantage of that. When and if a new attact happens there'll be many people who'll say that American people "deserved" what they got with electing Bush for their president. I'm sure there'll be reactions like that.
I strongly disagree with that. There will be a few, sure, as there were a few happy reactions on 9/11. But most of the world was with the US; I don't think most countries would be glad that terrorism is occuring, because it shows that they are vulnerable as well, and that terrorism is a problem.

I do not think that a world war will occur, though it may be possible. I predict that these battles on terrorists will go on as it has for the past couple years.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:05   #420
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
Quote:
Hmmm, i've never been tempted by emmigrating to the US to live and work, lol. I mean, crazy hours, no social security, almost no vacations, ugly architecture and cities so big that you have to take your car for everything, horrible food, and christian fanatics everywhere...
i love how you painted the US in that sentence

Quote:
That peopel who complain most here are not Americans.
pffft.. not true. my classmates and teachers [all red blooded americans] were enraged at todays results. my math teacher was sooooo pissed, she was bright red after our discussion..good times though

Quote:
on another note, we're fucked, here in america.
yeh..were the hell is kakey?!! aye you need a roommate eh? eh?
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"

Closed ThreadPost New Thread