Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Time Machine

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 31-07-2003, 02:57   #21
t.A.T.u. Music Lover :)

Send a message via AIM to raven ryuu
oh...if I could change anything...

I would probably do what that guy Biff in Back To The Future did -- bring a world almanac with me, and then use that to help me win bets on sporting events hahaha
~~~~~~~~~~~
...:: found ::...

still alive and loving the new album ^_^
Old 31-07-2003, 10:42   #22
we shout

I think I just ride a horse with febrika.
Because I dont know how to ride horse ...I just sit behind her and hug her really tight ....
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 31-07-2003, 17:08   #23
Echoes among the Stars

Funny, I didn't think of this as a question of changing, not changing I thought of it more as "if right now were the year 1900, with the world and everything looking as it did then, what would you do? How would you want to fit into that society, what sort of opportunities would you take?" I guess that's not the question though

I used to think that if I'd been born a century earlier I'd have been an anarchist Now I am not so sure. In fact I doubt it and in fact I think I'd be pretty much the same as I am now

But, hmm, I wouldn't try to change anything either. Although maybe I would have an idea about where to go to get closer and observe - knowing what history would make of things, events, and people 100 years down the road, that might be interesting.

Charles, you could have been part of the negotiations for the Treaty of Versailles and try to change that outcome, you know As well as buying Hitler's paintings. :P

Interesting about Einstein. Maybe I would have tried to find Ramanujan, who was just starting high school then, and helped him get a good mathematical education - or at least give him more and better books! Cause when he eventually joined the mathematical mainstream in 1914 his work suffered from not knowing rigorous mathematical methods and proof... because of his lack of formal education he was never able to achieve everything he probably had the potential for. Another sort of pity

How about another question: if you could go back to 1900 or another time period, would you want to? When and why?
Old 01-08-2003, 02:03   #24
Новенький

uhmm.. yea.. me dunno what to do if i were back in 1900... like ppl has mentioned here.. no car, no washing machines,...no nothing..

i would prefer go forth to the future.. maybe more high-tech stuff for discovery..?
Old 03-08-2003, 11:09   #25
see you at the bitter end

Quote:
How about another question: if you could go back to 1900 or another time period, would you want to? When and why?
For sure, I would go all the way back to 30-33 ad depending on how long I can stay. 30 ad, Jesus started his ministry. 33 ad, was when he died at the cross and rose again. I would definately would want to have witnessed that.. but there could be complications..oy..
Old 03-08-2003, 13:57   #26
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
) I would do everything in my "small" power to stop the assasination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Yup, like I could.
I was thinking the same thing, (At least I wouldn't have to travel far georgaphicaly LOL), but then again, Gavrilo Princip's assasionation of Franz Ferdinand was not the cause for the I. World War. It was just an excuse that germans used. If the assasiontion wouldn't have happened, they'd use something else. One person can't stop the big events from happening IMO.

If I'd go back in 1900 I'd probably try convincing the Carinthian Slovenes not to join the Austro-Hungarian empire 18 years later, because they'd get screwd in the long run.

This time machine idea reminded me of a book I once read:

A man went 2000 years back in time to met Jesus. The told the people about him, about his ideas and teachings, but nobody seemed to know this misterious man: Jesus Christ.
The time-traveler spoke about the bibles teachings so eagerly and passionatly that people started to call HIM Jesus. He was crusiffied as "Jesus that they called Christ", and he was known as "Jesus the son of god" to his worshipers. He realized on the cross that he infact became the historical figure he was looking for. The story went full circle. Everything has it's cause and effect. Christianity was the cause of time travel.

LMAO@karxwp. No Always? They had other stuff ya know?
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 03-08-2003, 15:35   #27
we shout

Quote:
[i]
How about another question: if you could go back to 1900 or another time period, would you want to? When and why? [/b]
I just want to go back to Dec 2000- and tell my ex ..
"..nope.. I've checked .. we wont make it.. and lets just stay friends..or nothing .. what ever .. I dont care.."
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 03-08-2003, 16:11   #28
pie crust

Uh.. I donno.. Work on a farm and get married with whoever mom and dad chooses for me? Talk about happy life :P

Quote:
I would tell them that the world wouldn't stop turning at the year 2000 and get arrested for being insane.
Hahahaha! True, true.. Or maybe they'd think you were a witch and burn you!

I'd like to be rich in the year of 1900 That would be so awesome... A little party with all my slaves *daydreams* Mmm good life...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 03-08-2003, 20:37   #29
Phanphic Phreak

Re: Time Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
Imagine that you are back to year 1900.

What would you do?
If I were south of the Mason Dixon line, I'd be running away from the Ku Klux Klan.

If I were north of it, I'd be running away from the Metropolitan
Police.

Ahhh, the hell with 1900. I'd go into the future and declare myself "God of the Morlocks."

ReplyPost New Thread