Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2006

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 19-05-2006, 19:36   #341
iMod

coolasfcuk, it appears that Rachel is busy somewhere so here's my cap in the meantime > Bulgaria. It's lower quality than Rachel but still watchable.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 19-05-2006, 20:26   #342
Bitchka

haku, darling, thank you very much!

took a while to dl but i just watched it once (will re-watch later, gotta run out now), but first impressions:
ok, at least she looked good, the dancers looked good... Azis and the other guy didnt look that good on that stage, but Azis was SO background, I am not used to seeing him like that... and so little drag for him!
Also, at least MAriana can sing, just too bad it wasnt an eurovision song... i cant comment on whether it shouldve qualified or not, as i have only seen this and Turky;s performances...
btw, i cant watch anything from the official site on a mac... it was not the case last year,... any other fellow Mac user streaming the show?

haku, I am actually more interested to know what the french commentators were saying at the end... with that cute laugh lol
oh and it also shows you how UNPOPULAR we are when it comoes to europe... even Armenia surpasses us and speechless!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 19-05-2006, 21:11   #343
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
haku, I am actually more interested to know what the french commentators were saying at the end... with that cute laugh lol
Haha, well, the guy was basically saying that the singer reminded him a bit of Tina Arena, and then the girl said she liked the backup singer, and then the guy replied that he looked like the supermodel Satia, only after eating a bit too much, which made the girl laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 19-05-2006, 22:07   #344
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Offtop:
Goodness. You'd get slaughtered for saying that in Skopje. That's like saying merge Belarus with Russia. Ain't gonna happen. And yeah sure... Macedonia was hellenic in the genuine sense of the word. But it's not really a trade-mark if you know what I mean. That part of the region was always named Macedonia (or at least a part of the original hellenic Macedonia) and it just so happens it's currently being run by slavics who call themselves Macedonians and identify as such. It'd be asking much of them to start calling themselves Bulgarians all of a sudden. That's like asking Spaniards, Italians and French to call themselves former citizens of the Roman Republic.
Offtop:
They can call themselves Slavo-Macedonians, that's what they are, aren't they? you said before 'that wouldn't be fair to the Albanian minority or whatever; I say it's perfectly fine. A nation of Slavs who occupy a small part of what used to be territory of the Ancient Macedonian kingdom.
So you have just admitted yourself that we do have a case about the name here, didn't you? - depite the 'siliness'
Actually they were on the brink of being recognised as Slavic Macedonia in the early 90s and they would be if we stupid Greeks weren't so cocky in our demand to lose the name Macedonia completely. At the end we got a worse deal than what we were bargaining for.

As for the name nowadays, I can see no siliness in calling them 'Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia'as which is the officially recognised name in the whole of the EU, and that is what they were called in the ESC last year in Ukraine, and the year before, can go back and check.

As for the history, and to set the record straight,only a small region of what it is proclaimed now as Republic of Macedonia used to be part of the ancient Macedonian empire - the rest of it - before the expansionism under Alexander the Great - laid in what is now modern Greece; I've been to the ruins of the capital Pella -not far from my home town in fact - and seen the tomb of Philip II, son of Alexander, discovered by the late Manolis Andronicos. What were the Macedonians? There was a debate during the hellenic and hellenistic times as to whether they were Greeks or not; maybe they weren't Greeks at all. Athenians for sure didn't recognise them as Greeks; however the fact remains that they spoke a Greek dialect, had strong ties with many of the Greek city states, their culture was very much Greek-oriented, their kings proclaimed themselves Greek Macedons; and Alexander the Great in particular went to great lengths to prove his Greek heritage.
Old 19-05-2006, 22:29   #345
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
haku, darling, thank you very much!

took a while to dl but i just watched it once (will re-watch later, gotta run out now), but first impressions:
ok, at least she looked good, the dancers looked good... Azis and the other guy didnt look that good on that stage, but Azis was SO background, I am not used to seeing him like that... and so little drag for him!
Also, at least MAriana can sing, just too bad it wasnt an eurovision song... i cant comment on whether it shouldve qualified or not, as i have only seen this and Turky;s performances...
btw, i cant watch anything from the official site on a mac... it was not the case last year,... any other fellow Mac user streaming the show?

oh and it also shows you how UNPOPULAR we are when it comoes to europe... even Armenia surpasses us and speechless!
The bottom line is that to see Bulgaria qualify would be good, to see Belgium qualify would be even better but watching Lithuania being booed by the spectators for making it to the final was indeed priceless.
Finally, this year should be a wake-up call to change the voting system. I propose that each country should not be allowed to vote for a) any neighbouring country b) any country where people speak the same language. Only then would we see a fair contest
Old 19-05-2006, 22:33   #346
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Finally, this year should be a wake-up call to change the voting system.
Never! This contest is fun and not any super serious show-business project where you HAVE to find the best. All the fun about the contest is its unpredictible result.

*Goes back to make her Top 10*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 19-05-2006 at 22:59.
Old 19-05-2006, 22:48   #347
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Never! This contest is fun and not any super serious show-business project where you HAVE to find the best. All the fun about the contest is it's unpredictible result.

*Goes back to make her Top 10*
Hmmm fair enough, but no complaints tomorrow after Sweden loses due to some dodgy political voting.
Old 19-05-2006, 22:58   #348
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
but no complaints tomorrow after Sweden loses due to some dodgy political voting.
I don't think Sweden wins tomorrow. So no complains here.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 19-05-2006, 23:00   #349
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
some comments about the final rehearsals

As for the performance, the only ones worth talking about are;
NORWAY : Strong prformance. Very good reaction.
MALTA : Fabrizion has thankfully shaved and moves much better. Change the bad haircut.
GERMANY : Better than before but not he big hit in the arena which I expected.
RUSSIA : I now think that this could win. Top 3 at worst.
ROMANIA : 100 times better than earlier. A HUGE reaction in the crowd. Grece will give this 12.
BOSNIA : Another huge reaction.
GREECE : I'm afraid this wasn't better than before. Anna's head movement are not as distracting, but it was poor vocally and she still looks like one Little Bo Peep gone wrong.
FINLAND : Power but very static.
FRANCE : Better than before, but it will still struggle not to be last.
CROATIA : Good, but not getting the reaction in the arena, that I hoped it would get. ot a winner I'm afraid.
IRELAND : Same as before, and Top 10 is the best we can hope for.
SWEDEN : A VERY shakey performance by Carola, who is missing her cues and was holding back vocally. It's like herself and Anna Vissi are shadow-boxing.
TURKEY : Great performance and a surprise candidate for the Top 5
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 19-05-2006, 23:18   #350
Участник

I am not a fan of Eurovision but I think the UK entry is far worse than usual.

I quite like Lordi though .
Old 20-05-2006, 03:08   #351
My Waking Hour

Hopefully the UK will flop. I expect Greece to flop as well. People who saw the final rehearsal are reporting that Vissi's performance was weak and as she has no supporting cast on stage - no backing singers or dancers - it all depends on her mood on the night but it's certainly not good at the moment. Even the most optimistic of Greeks think this won't live up to the hype.

Anyway, as long as the UK and Greece flop below the top 5 I'm happy.

As for Lordi, there's a conspiracy orchestrated by metal fans who never watched Eurovision before to get them as high in the rankings as possible. Expect the UK to be giving a lot of points to them.
Greeks like Sweden, Bosnia/Herzegovina and Romania and will be voting for them. Lordi will get points too.
There are some other wild cards in the contest, namely Norway and Russia, though a surprise might come from the lower regions too.
I personally liked the Ukrainian "Shakira" Tina Karol; she's cute, energetic and got a powerful voice, great falsetto towards the end of the song as well; dancing's good too.

I'm not gonna be voting but this will be my only bet for the night...so good luck to me

Who will win Eurovision 2006 (Grand Final) - Live on RTE1/BBC1
On 20th of May 2006 8:00pm
Outright e/w 1-2-3-4
Romania @ 7.00

Last edited by spyretto; 20-05-2006 at 12:11.
Old 20-05-2006, 07:01   #352
Primetime Anchor

No time to make a proper prediction, so here's my quick Top 10:

Finland
Russia
Romania
Greece
Bosnia
Sweden
Croatia
Ukraine
Turkey
UK
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:

Last edited by forre; 20-05-2006 at 11:57.
Old 20-05-2006, 08:32   #353
My Waking Hour

ok , here's my definite top 8

1. Sweden
2. Finland
3. Romania
4. Bosnia
5. Russia
6. Ukraine
7. Croatia
8. Germany

if I was forced to include a number 9, I'd say Turkey; though the performance was a little weak considering and Sibel looks a bit weird herself; perhaps they should have opted for a different presentation. Probably Norway for #10.

So its Nordic heaven vs hell battling out for my top spot; though I tipped Romania to win because a) it's probably the only song we will hear again after the competition is over b) they'll get a lot of neighbouring votes as they're consistenty getting good positions in the last few years c) haven't heard of a single person who didn't like it so far d) a male solo performer hasn't won the contest in ages.

Last edited by spyretto; 20-05-2006 at 08:48.
Old 20-05-2006, 08:52   #354
Bitchka

hmm, can i request Romania as well... pleeeeeeeeease
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-05-2006, 12:03   #355
Primetime Anchor

My betting:

Finland
Russia
Romania

P.S. I had to move Greece a bit up.

*waves from Sky City*
~~~~~~~~~~~

Latest News:
Old 20-05-2006, 19:31   #356
Сумасшёдшая!!! !!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Debz Send a message via MSN to Mad Debz Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Debz
I've been on a college holiday in Greece since Monday, I came back this morning. I was in Athans thursday and Friday. I've fell over a few Eurovision people in the lobby of our hotel. On thursday I was sat on the steps in Syntagma Square when I heard some Russian voices, then I spotted the Eurovision bags and ID's and the Dima Tshirt. I do belive this is some of the Russin entourage.

Russia in Athans

Offtop:
Those cow moddle things are following me they where on display in Mosow last Aurgust

I couldn't resit buying this badge

I Love Russia

I have a UK one too
~~~~~~~~~~~
Mad Debz || Taty Mad
w.A.S t.A.T.y || Club Member || "Wait and see, that's me! Pffft!"
Old 20-05-2006, 19:40   #357
Bitchka

halleluiaaaaaaaaa, i finally had the time and patience to read about that god damn online plug-in you need to play their stream.. and there is a BETA version for Mac, so it isnt working perfectly, but i am connecter (even though BG isnt on booooooooo)... i think its 20 mins to start and they are playing the audience catchy POP-song that i hear on the bulgarian radio i listen to all the time... very good, get them prepared... where is my popcorn :epopocorn:
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-05-2006, 20:14   #358
My Waking Hour

So anybody watching? I wonder if those people representing Switzerland can get any more noisy and annoying.
Old 20-05-2006, 20:15   #359
Bitchka

i am and its BAD ... lol what is this: educational christian tv? that songs was SO BAD! Switzernald -10 points
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 20-05-2006, 20:16   #360
Bitchka

ricky martin on crack?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
ReplyPost New Thread