Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Euro 2004

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-06-2004, 22:46   #301
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
shouting for Denmark tonight... just for personal reasons... but i know that most likely Czech will win... lets watch and hope for good game, since i dont care too much about it!
haha.. affraid that the guide would get mad if you did otherwise?
But yeah.. hoping for Denmark and knowing it would turn out something else sounds familiar. Damn..
Thank you all for having some faith in Denmark. Too bad for the 15 mins of hell.. just when I arrived at my parents place and sat down to watch the game goals started to roll in..

Bye bye Denmark.. and now I hope Portugal will win Euro2004..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 28-06-2004, 07:48   #302
winter days ...

mmm so to get back on track we have ...

Wednesday 30 June
Portugal v Holland

Thursday 1 July
Greece v Czech Rep

i predict [possibly badly !] a portugal vs greece final
Old 28-06-2004, 08:54   #303
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
i'm a bit late, but nm...
it was pretty boring in the 1st half but in the 2nd czechs started to play for real, and there was no hope for denmark. the tactical resting of the key players in the last game really payed off for czechs, even baros said that after the game... they really had much more power and speed in the 2nd half

and now, only greece in the way to the final lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 28-06-2004, 14:47   #304
I don't waste my time

Meier earns referee backing

Senior UEFA refereeing officials have described the reaction of part of the English media to Swiss referee Urs Meier as "unacceptable".

Decision defended
It followed Meier's much-debated decison to disallow an England goal in the dying stages of last Thursday's UEFA EURO 2004™ quarter-final against Portugal. Both UEFA Referees' Committee chairman Volker Roth and vice-chairman Ken Ridden defended the decision by Meier to annul Sol Campbell's header.

Roth backing
The reaction of the English press to Urs Meier after his correct decision was unacceptable," Roth said at a press briefing at the Hotel Solverde at São Felix da Marinha, just outside Espinho today. Journalists were shown a video clip of the disallowed goal, and were given an explanation as to why UEFA's referee experts considered the decision to be correct.

'Correct decision'
"The referee had to make a judgement in a single fraction of a second," said Ridden. "He had to judge in terms of whether the England defender was holding the goalkeeper as well as limiting the goalkeeper. Certainly the Referees' Committee has discussed this very thoroughly, and they feel the referee made the correct decision from his position."

Players praised

Ridden praised the 12 teams of referees and assistants for their performances during the tournament, and also applauded the players for their conduct in areas that were considered as potential problems before the final round.

Good behaviour
"Simulation has not been the problem that we perhaps foresaw before the tournament," Ridden said. "The behaviour of the players in this respect has been very good. Any such situations have been identified, and the players have been punished. The players have also been responsible in their behaviour with respect to mass confrontation of referees.

Six red cards
"We asked referees to be strict in the case of brutal play, and we are very pleased at this stage. When we looked at the statistics after the group matches, only six red cards had been necessary and five of those were for second yellow cards. We feel the players have responded very well, and we are generally happy with the performance of the referees and assistant referees."

source: euro2004.com

Now, all the cry babies can continue with their conspiracy theories, now involving the whole UEFA referees who also support Meier's decision Yes, the mean referees were all ought to kick England out!
Old 28-06-2004, 15:24   #305
Bitchka

oh well, what a shame .. Denmark played good football.... pleasant to watch.. too bad Sand wasnt there ... now i definatelly want those Czechs out!!!! ... Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeece, lets gooooooooooooo and kick them out!!!

i would like to see a Greece: Portugal final... but really.. i think Portugal wont be able to take Holland.... but lets see

p.s. on a personal note, I am getting the #9 Ljungberg shirt on saturday eh haaaaaaaaaaaaaa... a bit late, but that wont stop me from wearing it for Sundays final!!! hihi
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 29-06-2004, 00:54   #306
Primetime Anchor

Two guys I know, that are football pros told me today that they think Czech will win the tournament. Hmmm ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 29-06-2004, 01:32   #307
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Two guys I know, that are football pros told me today that they think Czech will win the tournament. Hmmm ...

That's quite an "expert" opinion indeed...they haven't even drawn a game yet and they're the favourites with the bookies.
Lets wait and see, shall we?
Old 29-06-2004, 09:58   #308
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
too bad Sand wasnt there ...
And too bad Jørgensen wasn't positioned better, and that Niclas Jensen couldn't play either. But all in all after the first goal the whole team seemed to crash.. though things looked kinda ok, until the 2nd goal kicked in. After that there was nothing to do but count minutes left
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 29-06-2004, 10:16   #309
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I agree with spy, hihi, quite the 'expert' oppinion... but really.... i think Greece has it in them to stop the Czech!!! If they dont i will be sad... Because if they do get to a final... baaaaaaaaaaaaah... i think they will win it!

my cousin had sad Holland:Czech Republic final in the begining of the tournament.... and she is totally NOT a football expert funny! That's what most people expect, but i am definatelly going for the other 2 teams! Lets goooooooooooooo Portugal and Greece! OPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAA
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 30-06-2004, 21:37   #310
I don't waste my time

PORTUGAL IN THE FINAL!

Old 30-06-2004, 21:41   #311
My Waking Hour

Congrats, this is the first time I saw Portugal play well. But the opponent was Holland

I think Portugal will meet Czech in the final, that would be a good final.
Old 30-06-2004, 21:47   #312
winter days ...

mmm half of my prediction is true so far then congrats staringelf
Old 30-06-2004, 23:28   #313
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
congrats, M!
i'm so glad portugal won, they played very well

but i must say i'll go with the czechs in the (possible) final...
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.
Old 01-07-2004, 00:27   #314
Don't dream it, be it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto

I think Portugal will meet Czech in the final, that would be a good final.
Agreed. No offence to any Dutch forum members but Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a cheating bastard and I just don't like the man. I didn't see the match but I'm glad Portugal won and I also hope the Czechs reach the final. I'm mildly annoyed that Greece knocked out France, but in all truth the boys in blue do it to themselves really. That's two major championships that they've frittered away now...But still, you've got to let the others have their moment of glory...
Old 01-07-2004, 10:14   #315
you'll need love

yay for Portugal being in the final I didn't even get to see the game because we were watching Mystic River instead. But checked the score afterwards and got to see a few of the goals.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 01-07-2004, 10:26   #316
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend
Agreed. No offence to any Dutch forum members but Ruud Van Nistelrooy is a cheating bastard and I just don't like the man. I didn't see the match but I'm glad Portugal won and I also hope the Czechs reach the final. I'm mildly annoyed that Greece knocked out France, but in all truth the boys in blue do it to themselves really. That's two major championships that they've frittered away now...But still, you've got to let the others have their moment of glory...
And I really hope your Czechs blew it like the French, exactly ...But there's too much anticipation for this game already as celebrities are flying over from Greece to watch, stupid Greek journalists asking our coach stupid questions, and a strange sense of euphoria as if we've already reached the final

Despite all that, you may have a double blow today, with Greece and Serena going to the finals. It's not very likely but if it happens that'd be too bad wouldn't it?

Anyway, lets drink to that Pame Elladaaaaa!!!

Czech republic
Old 01-07-2004, 11:25   #317
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

Yepeeee Portugaaaaalll
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Есть надежда даже в безнадежных случаях

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 01-07-2004, 12:02   #318
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crni
but i must say i'll go with the czechs in the (possible) final...
It will be ok if we actually lose to the Czechs. At least we lose to the other best team in the championship

As for the portuguese population, they're divided: many want Greece "for revenge", while many others want the Czech Republic because it will be a much better show than it would be with Greece.

Let's wait for the game tonight As for me, GO CZECHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
I didn't even get to see the game because we were watching Mystic River instead. But checked the score afterwards and got to see a few of the goals.
Watching Mystic River instead, huh? Miss Eternal Movie Geek hihi
Did you check out Maniche's goal? CLASSIC!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:43   #319
My Waking Hour

ahem, GO CZECHS? I liked Portugal last night but since:

you don't mind if you lose the championship as long as it's Czechs in the final, lets drink to that! Portugal getting whooped by the Czechs in the final!

But imagine if you lost to Greece in the final
Old 01-07-2004, 12:55   #320
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
you don't mind if you lose the championship as long as it's Czechs in the final
Of course I do MIND, if that actually happened I wouldn't open a bottle of champagne and be like "Hey, let's have a huge party anyway" I'd be disappointed, but I'd say "Those Czechs are really good too". As for Greece, I wouldn't say that, they're good but they don't
impress me like Portugal and Czech Republic do

Still, good luck for tonight, spy

But I am confident in our victory All the players say they couldn't have done it without the nation's support, and it's true, you have no idea... When their bus left the training base to go to the stadium, there were only... 50,000 people [!!] on the road with flags waving at them and screaming 'PORTUGAL', accompanied by lots of cars and motorcyles around the bus, all with flags, and then when they crossed the river, more than 20 boats were sailing at the same time with huge flags and people waving to the bus. And this is just ONE example of what our people have been doing. So, with all this support, it's hard for a player to not give his best even if they're about to pass out from all that effort
ReplyPost New Thread