View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 22:36   #15
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cindango
who is to judge whether or not the "details are correct?"

By now at least I know how the tabloids mix up names, events and other stuff in order to let their story work.

Quote:
well, saying that they were bi was ingenious in the fact that they are now "available," in a sense, to both sexes. their type of image is very popular with males. () i don't know..just rambling here, but i think they had a good reason to say that.
They are the only ones to know the truth about their relationship in the past and present. Therefore no one can tell how their sexual orientation is. Them saying they're bi - fine - they gotta know.
And just in case you come up with the "men liking lesbians-stuff", me and enough other male fans are intrigued by other stuff, namely the music, their absolutely positive message and the effect it has.

Quote:
my theory, the problem with julia and lena not being lesbians is that they could be sending out a bad message. like they had to have two good-looking girls pretend to be lesbians just to have a lesbian-girl group accepted.
By now I know some lesbians through my family and college and they're looking like straight girls. Same percentage of good-looking as bad-looking. I couldn't tell them apart if they hadn't told me so or I could see it 'cause of them holding hands with their gf's (I'm not good with subtext).
You can not come up and say they "pretend" 'cause you don't know what's been in the past between them, neither do I.
They had a positive effect as I've read enough posts by now from 14 to 19 years old girls finding strength through tATu. Obviously something like this was needed, here it is, why jump on them all the time and try to find something negative.
I haven't heard the word "lesbian" so many times on TV and so on like since 6 months. Might sound odd but I think it's a good thing 'cause they're represented by great music, 2 nice young women.
They say they're bi - good - anyway they've opened the doors for new groups if they should come along- but it depends on the music, if the msuic is crap, I won't listen, no matter how "lesbian" or "gay" or "bisexual" the singer/group is.