View Single Post
Old 20-12-2005, 22:55   #27
Harrumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda05
your boobies!
... nobody in MY school generation had boobs by the age of 11.

Edit: Oh right, a present. Well, I have a baby sister that'll turn 9 soon, so very often I find myself thinking of the best presents for a girl that age. I'm very concerned about her education, so I like getting her books and music. In the books department, for someone more or less around that age range, you could get something fantasious in a more classical way, like CS Lewis ("Chronicles of Narnia"), Lewis Carroll ("Alice in Wonderland") or Rudyard Kipling ("Kim", "The Jungle Book"), or something more up to date, like a Harry Potter book. *cringes* As to what regards my baby sister in music, I just don't indulge her in pop fads, but anything from classical to rock is fine, although if this is a girl you have absolutely no contact with you might wanna think twice before giving her music.

If you wanna be a bit more of ample criteria, you could also give her a plush toy. Plush toys aren't dolls, so even most tomboys have a plush toy along their GI Joe's. (Yes, I'm speaking from experience).

This is all the advice I can give for a present for a girl you don't know. Giving gifts is easier if you know the person you're giving it to.

Last edited by Kappa; 20-12-2005 at 23:23.