View Single Post
Old 28-04-2006, 21:47   #26
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Yes it is possible that madeldoe is the only one of this particular interest group, so she spoke up. I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to feel offended (eventhough the potential for anyone to get offended is vastly more remote than in Lux's thread) If she does feel so she's welcomed to explain to us all the good parts of christian beliefs. But trust me on this one... Lux's thread closing was not in any way connected to any male interest groups expressing discontent. It was more to do with the fact that it was redundant and not on an appropriate discussion level. It had absolutely no potential to evolve into an interesting debate. It did have a huge potential though to evolve into a flame war... and I don't think any males would be involved in the flaming, to tell you the truth.
I don't think it got to the point where people were actually in a position to refute the sheer stupidity of that thread because it was closed early...as for the current thread...jee, I think you people must be really bored. Nice analogy and witty story no doubt, rather insulting towards religious people, who are outnumbering the atheists by the vast majority on this planet.

PS. what's wrong with a war of words...it's fun and it's all virtual anyway..I find this thread quite disappointing compared to the flame war we could have had.