View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 00:30   #17
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrus
If you're talking about the US government and a portion of its citizens, I'd agree. But every nation and place on Earth, even Europe, has its wackos and fuck-ups. And every place has its caring and intelligent people too, so if you're trying to sum up all Americans, you've really got it wrong. come on!
Well, maybe not all Americans, but a majority are what i said, otherwise the US would be a very different place.

Let's take gun obsession for example, the US is the only modern country where you can find gun stores in every town and city, there are even gun departments in supermarkets, and any dumbass can legally buy an automatic weapon in his neighborhood store. This is just insane. Regular citizens should not be allowed to own firearms, and this crazy situation only exist in the US where people are obsessed with guns.

This is what Rachel meant by 'over the top', the US always go too far in everything.

Allowing guns for hunting would be understandable (even though i am opposed to hunting), but when you walk in an American gun store, it's obvious that most guns are designed to kill humans, not game, do hunters (or regular citizens for that matter) really need shotguns or assault rifles? No. Only the police should be allowed to have firearms, that's how it works in Europe and we're doing fine with a thousand times less homicides than in the US.

And you can apply that 'over the top' thing to every domain, even something as banal as cars for examples, everybody need cars in modern countries, but American cars are different from any others, they are gigantic. Do Americans really need oversized SUVs that burn 10 more times petrol (and pollute) than an average European or Japanese car? Nope, it's over the top.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]