View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49   #9
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
It's simple. Russia and China are overreacting to turn attention away from their internal problems (civil right's breeches in China, tyrany heavy oil dependece, poor quality of living and a farce of a legal system in Russia). While I certainly don't condone US plans to build missile launch sites on Euro soil, I also think it's not as tragic as some are portraying it out to be. US certainly won't use those launch sites to invade China nor Russia and everyone knows that. Russia's (or rather Putin's) decleration that they could induce military measures against the EU countries was outrageous. If I was one of the leading men in Brussles right now I'd consider that a decleration of war. How very arrogant. Bitting the hand that feeds them like always. Without EU buying their overpriced oil and natural gas their economy would be in the pits right about now (nor would China be the ultra-swift developing asian tiger it is now, weren't it for it's huge trading margins with the developed world and the admission into the WTO.

At the same time I think the EU has every right to question missile sites on it's own territory. Defense issues are within the jurisdiction of the Union.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.