View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04   #105
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Like I said I'm all for deeper integration on every level - political, social and economic. But I still feel the short term plan for political integration is too ambitious, cause it fails to incorporate teh nationalistic aspects of member states into play. Even if France is all eager to join such a tight-knit community (of which I also have my doubts of), I'm really sure there're a whole bunch of other members who'll consider any talk of a proper continental federation an assault on their national soverignty (and when I say other members I mean pretty much all old members and probably Poland).

I'd take it slow first. Lets complete the economic integration first - free labour movement for one thing. Then lets wait for the new member states to economically recover properly. I doubt a federation would ever maintain proper functionality when a person in Romania or Bulgaria earns 200 instead of 2000 Euros as in developed countries.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.